Her Birthday

Don't Fall For Kris Wu
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 39: Her Birthday

“I told you to wear your best.” Sehun told me as he shook his head when he looked at me walking out of the gate.

I narrowed my eyes on him. “I am looking my best.” I implied.

He shook his head. “No, you’re not.” He contradicted me, as always. “You’re not wearing the most important accessory, Kim Ashin.” He walked towards me. He looked into my eyes as he placed his hands on my shoulders. “Your smile, Ashin. You should smile.” He told me then planted a kiss on my forehead.

My eyes widened at his sudden act. I glared at him but he just shrugged it off and opened the door for me.

“Get in, my Empress.” He told me.

I flinched at his words. He’s the same as Kris but he says the words in a different manner. Kris calls me Queen or Princess. Sehun calls me Empress. Different words. Same meanings.

I got inside his car and he smiled at me.

Sehun’s not that bad. But I would never like him. I don’t like younger guys.

I watched him run to the driver’s seat and I am still wondering why I still agreed to come to this party even though I just told Kris that I don’t want him back. I have no purpose of going. So why did I still dress up?

“Are you alright?” Sehun asked me as he was fastening his seatbelt.

I nodded and smiled.

He smirked. “Don’t worry, Ashin. After tonight, Kris will be crawling back to you.” He assured me before revving the engine.

Or maybe it’s me who’ll be crawling back to him.

It’s funny how just a few hours ago, I was scared to take him back into my life but right now, I am so scared that he would be out of my life. What the hell? Am I being crazy?

How can I long for someone that I pushed away? I shouldn’t. Not when I was the person who made the stupid decision. I shouldn’t.

“This way, Young Master.” The receptionist led us to an exclusive hall in a 5-star hotel.

Okay. So, Sehun’s and Yoonhee’s parents are richer than I thought. Maybe that’s the reason why they protected Yoonhee when she was still with Kris. They didn’t want her to lose focus because she’s the heiress to their family wealth.

We entered the hall and there were a lot of people. As expected, these people are the executives when it comes to business. There are also those primadonna women who nagged the crew a lot.

“I hate these kinds of gatherings.” He mumbled but I heard him.

I looked at him and he’s sweating coldly. “Are you scared of people?” I asked him.

He smirked. “I am not.” He replied. “It’s just different when it comes to family matters.” He continued.

I nodded. I don’t really know the family history he has with Yoonhee aside from being her stepbrother, so I don’t know what to say.

“You’ll be fine.” I told him. That’s all I can say.

He looked at me and smiled weakly.

I shook my head at him. He’s really a kid.

Sehun walked me to a table. It was a table for four but it was just the two of us. Other people are looking at us, at me specifically. They should be wondering why I am with Oh Sehun. Or they should be wondering why I am in this party.

“It will begin soon.” Sehun told me and I nodded.

To be honest, parties like this, bore me to the bones. I mean, parties should be loud and with energy, but this, this is where Prince and Princesses party. Being like me – who is a self-proclaimed rockstar – doesn’t suit parties like this for me.

The lights in the room turned off. The only light is the spotlight on the stage. The

Please log in to read the full chapter