It's You

Don't Fall For Kris Wu
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 19: It’s You

I didn’t know what’s happening to me. I’m lying in my bed right now and Kris’ words continue to linger in my head.

Why is it that every time he utters sweet words, my heart beats like there’s not tomorrow?

I don’t even know if I should believe him. Maybe he’s all words. But why do I still indifferent either?

I guess I’m just not used to this feeling. This feeling that someone gets to tell you sweet things, that feeling when someone tells you he likes you and that he wants to be with you.

Kris is an arrogant guy. But behind his arrogance is a guy who’s too sentimental. He even has his painting studio for crying out loud. He’s too sentimental for a guy.

Kris Wu calling…

“Hello?” For the first time, I answered his call with a proper greeting.

I heard him smirk. “Thank you for answering the call properly this time.” I knew he would say that. “What are you doing on Thursday after class?” He asked.

I narrowed my eyes on the phone screen. Why is he asking again? Don’t tell me he’ll bring me to his painting room again. Please.

“Why?” I asked.

I heard him whine from the other line. “Hey! I asked you first!” He beamed at me.

I didn’t know why I smiled when I heard his annoyed voice. Did I like the feeling of him getting teased? I don’t know.

“Then at least tell me the whole reason why. It’s my right to know.” I retorted.

He scoffed. “You and your incredible retorts really.” He hissed. “Nothing. I just want to be with you. I want you to meet someone.”

I raised my brow. “Meet someone? Who?” I asked.

“My mom.” He replied. “She really wanted to see you.”

Suddenly, I felt all the anxiety in my system. Why did his mom want to see me?

“Why?” I managed to say.

He chuckled. “Are you chickening out?” He asked me. I scowled at the phone. “Don’t worry. She’s not going to eat you.” He assured me.

I sighed in relief. I still don’t get why I have to meet his mother. I mean, we’re not even together. Why does his mom want to see me?

No. How did his mom know me?

Is he telling her things about me?

Why?!

“So, let’s go on Thursday?” He asked me. “She lives in Busan. And I think Thursday is a good day to go because we don’t have classes the next day. We could stay the night there.”

I felt my heart racing fast. “Wait. Do I really have to?” I asked him. “I mean, why would I have to meet her? I’m not even your girlfriend yet. And you’re not even sure if I’m ever going to be.”

He smirked. “Because I already told her that you’re my girlfriend. I already told her that you’re the one I want to be with for the rest of my life. And then she wanted to see you because she thinks you’re beautiful and perfect because you made me feel like this. You made me secure my future.”

I gasped and placed my hand on my mouth while my other one is gripping tightly on my phone so that it won’t fall down.

“So, please come and meet her. She’s too elated to see you.”

--

I have never been this nervous in my whole life. Not even when I sang in front of the crowd for the first time. That was a normal reaction.

This nervousness, however, is not. I don’t even know why I am feeling so nervous. I’m just going to meet his mother. I’m freaking just going to meet her. It’s not like I’m submitting myself to Satan or what. I’m just going to meet his mom.

“Are you okay?” Kris asked me.

We’re inside his car and driving to Busan. It’s going to be a more-or-less 5-hour drive. I have all the time to calm my cree

Please log in to read the full chapter