I'll Wait [SehunxOC, written 5-8-14]

Youth's Ride [ex_omona's drabble collection]

 

Slamming the locker shut, I walked down the almost deserted hallway. I’m in my second year of middle school, which makes me 14. In the second year, I promised myself that I would try to make the most of middle school, joining after school clubs, but in the end it had made my week completely full, making it hard for my friends to hang out with me.

 

Luckily, there was Jaehee, who joined most of the clubs I did. I was grateful for her company during the times, but wished I could hang out with my friends some more. As I headed for the entrance I heard the sound of shoes on tiles, and the familiar thumps of someone running.

 

I turned around to see Sehun. By then he had stopped running, although he was panting and slightly out of breath. To be honest, I’ve never once talked to him, only knowing him as a classmate and not anything else. He was always popular, outgoing and funny. His face leaned towards the cuter side, with a small face and cute nose and full cheeks.

 

“Wait, just give me… a minute,” He says, bending over so that he could rest a bit. I relax my pose, putting my balance on one leg. He huffs a bit, before straightening out, a full 5 cms above my height.

 

“I… like you, be my girlfriend?” He suddenly asks, holding a single rose out to me. The gesture was sweet, with what his face all red to his ears. I gasp in surprise and tense. Slowly taking the rose from him, I rack up a denial in my head.

 

He looks up when I take the rose, but his shoulders deflate with the stern look I give. “Listen, Sehun,” I say. Even his name is foreign to my ears and lips, but I can see him looking happy when I said his name. “I… can’t be your girlfriend,” I say.

 

“Why?” Sehun immediately protests. He began to rant and I put my hand up to silence him. He immediately stopped, laughing after. “What is it?” I asked annoyed. He wiped a few tears from his eyes from laughing too much, “Nothing.. it’s just that I knew you would do that,” He said, smiling sincerely.

 

I wondered momentarily how he knew that, but brushed it off. “Anyway, I’m very busy right now, I don’t even know you and-”

“You could get to know me, you know?” Sehun said, his eyes staring deeply into mine, “You never noticed me, but I’ve always seen you, okay?” He said.

 

My heart skipped a beat at his sincere stare, and I looked away, a blush creeping in. “And, before you so rudely cut me off, I’m not allowed to date before I’m 16,” I said to him. I watched him, expecting him to deflate or convince me to say yes, but he didn’t.

 

Sehun stared at me, before smiling ever so gently and saying “I’ll wait,”