:)

Happiness

Author notes :  the whole story will be in Kwon Sohyun point of view.

 

"Good morning, noona!" Sungjae, my younger brother , greet me as he walk out to the kitchen. "Morning, breakfast?" I turn around with a plate of breakfast set in my hand and put it on the dining table. He sits down and quickly dig in to his breakfast."Oh yeah".He said with his mouth full of food."Eomma call me last night. She said she will visit us next weekend."."Alright, let's cook eomma favorite dish before she come"I said and put a glass of juice in front of him and my brother just giving me his thumbs up with a silly grins.Chuckles , I walk away to check if there's a mail for us. Bills , bills , letter from aunty , another bills and ... wedding invitation?. My eyebrows quirk down as my eyes quickly scanning for the name. 

 

 

'Son Dongwoon and Oh Hayoung , gladly invite you to their wedding ceremony..'

 

My hand grip hard on the invitation card. I never expect them , him , to invite me to their wedding. I know from friends that they already planning for the wedding since last year but i never thought he invite me , want me to come to the ceremony where they tied the knot in front of my eyes. "Is there any letters for me , noona?". My brother walk towards me and try to peek over my shoulder. Quickly , i hold it against my chest and turn around to look at him with a smiles. "Well there's a letter for us from imu."Sungjae , the most curious person i ever know, squint his eyes and in a flash the wedding invitation already in his hand."You know you can't lie to me."I can only watch he read the invitation card as he slowly start to frown and look at me."Noona .. will you come to Dongwoon hyung wedding?" he said, rather hesistanly, as he give the invitation back to me. "I don't know , Sungjae. I don't know..". Sighing , i walk pass Sungjae and put the invitation on the table and just staring at it. Sungjae put his hand on top of my shoulder and make me look at him." I will come too , Noona. I guess Minhyuk hyung got invited too".

I bites my lips and look down, shaking my head. "I can't see him .. you know i shouldn't see him."Some memory flashing in my head , his face keep showing up, make me feel a bit dizzy and i guess i'm about to collapse until i realize my brother grip both of my shoulder with a worried look on his face. "I'm sorry noona , i didn't mean to-"."Let me think about it , okay ?" pats his cheek lightly and walk pass him to my room. Looking up at the ceiling and twirl some of my hair on my finger. I remember the way we broke up. He said a lot of reasons that day until i realize that actualy those reasons are just an empty reasons. A real reasons is that he didn't love me anymore , not like me. He  left me when i'm still fall over heels for him. I thought we are going to last longer than four years relationship. That hurts me more, he dating my junior in art class, who's now will marry him, after three months broke up with me. And after two years dating, they decide to get married. Bitter, that's all i feel. 

But the things that torture me the most lately is i'm longing to see his face and talk to him. We stop talking after we broke up , we even didn't said a words if we bump to each other on the street. Maybe , with seeing him for the last time , will make me feel a bit relief. And maybe with come to their wedding , i will know how to move on with my life , like he move on with his life. Suddenly , i have a feeling that i won't regret coming to his wedding. I rose up from my bed and open the door a bit to excited that make Sungjae , who's just passing over my room with his hot chocolate in his hand , surprise. "Noona! Are you okay?" He said with his eyes got large, which make me almost burst out laughing seeing that. "I'm okay, Sungjae. Anyway, give me your tuxedo and i will put it to laundry tomorrow. Along with my dress." He still too surprise that make him not realize his hot chocolate already in my hand."For what noona?" He blinks and quickly steal his hot chocolate, after i took a sip on it, with a childish pouts on his lips. "We are going to the wedding." Smiling , I pats his cheek and decide to check on the dress on my closet, leaving Sungjae in a shock face and still stand on the same place for a couple minutes.


I take a deep breath as I stand in front of the building , where the ceremony is held. Today, will be the first after a long time and the last i see his face and talk with him. 'Greet, smiles , greet , talk a bit , smiles , eat the appetizer and go home' I keep repeating it inside my head so i will know that i shouldn't stay in this place for long. Well , i know he also didn't expect me to stay long in his ceremony. Sungjae wrap his arm around my shoulder and look at me"Let's go noona, Minhyuk hyung text me he's already inside". Nodding my head , i walk inside with my brother. As i walk inside , a couple of eyes that i believe those people is Dongwoon bestfriend, look at me in surprise. Sungjae pats my shoulder and gesturing that he will leave me alone while he meet with Minhyuk. I decide to stand near a vase beside the beverage table and looking around. I see Dongwoon parents but i decide to not greet them , not now i guess. 

Someone tapping my shoulder and make me turn around to see a tall man in a tuxedo and jet black hair. He flashes a smiles and bows lightly to me. "It's nice to meet you again ,Sohyun-ah". I tilted my head a bit and squint my eyes at him as i try to remember his familiar face, make he laughs..his laughs almost the same like his laughs. My eyes widen and quickly bowing back at him as i realize who he is "Dongha oppa, it't nice to meet you again!". He laughing again and pat my head, the same gesture he used to do to me, "I guess you forgot about me already." Shaking my head quickly to deny that, even it's true i'm kinda forget his brother "I didn't! I just.." I stop talking as he pat my head. I guess that gesture is running in their family. "It's okay , Sohyun-ah .. it's been a couple years right?" He smiles and nodding to himself. "It feel different right , seeing Dongwoon stand in front there with his wife instead of yo-" He stop talking as i clear my throat and look at him , bowing to excuse my self and decide it's time to greet the newlyweds.

Hayoung's eyes widened as she see me bowing in front of her and she stuttered bowing back at me."Sohyun sunbae..". I smile genuinly at her and pull her into a hug. "I wish you all the happiness, Hayoung-ah. You can find me if you need anything." I pulled away the hug and Hayoung nodding her head at me."Nae sunbae.." She flashes a soft smiles and bows at me before i walk to the person next to her. Him, Son Dongwoon, the man who used to love me and cheerish me. My tears start to fill up in my eyes as the feeling of missing him come out. Almost three years i didn't talk to him , make me want to put my hand around him and hug him tight. But i can't , he's no longer mine. I dare myself to look at him in the eyes and in my surprise , he smiles widely and bows at me. I quickly return the bow and walk a bit closer to him. "Dongwoon.." I make a smiles and nods , his returning the nods. "Sohyun-ah .. it's been a while right? When i send you the invitation, i never thought you will come or i thought you already move from that apartement." He let out a chuckles and pat my had lightly."Yeah it's been a while. I come here to say that , congrats to finally start a new life, with the woman you love .." I paused as i take a look at Hayoung beside him , who's talking to the guest behind me. "I wish you all the happiness.."."Let's start as a friends again ,shall we?" He cut my words and look at me. My mouth unconsciously open in disbelief, making him try to hold laughs." Sohyun-ah .. you already move on right in your life? And let's start as a friend okay?". He asking me to start as a friends, making me thing that , all this years we look like an enemy since we didn't talk or greet each other if we bump to each other in some place. I don't know why but i feel a bit relief when he ask me to become his friend, again. I feel like all the burden on my shoulders gone and it open my eyes that .. I also no longer have a feeling for him. All this time , i'm just stuck in a moment where i thought my heart still in his hand while the truth is i already got my heart back. Chuckles , I nod with a smiles, the real smiles."Of course we can be friends again"

 

"Noona!" Sungjae walks towards me , with Minhyuk and another man following behind him. I bowed lightly to Minhyuk before looking at my younger brother."Why you greet them first without me?" He pout childishly, make me ruffle his head and chuckles. "Sorry , i just feel that i need to greet them sooner.". My younger brother look at me weirdly as he see me chuckles and smiling. "Okay .. since me and Minhyuk hyung haven't greet them , we will going there okay noona?". Nodding my head as i curiously peeking over the man that keep stay silent behind Minhyuk back."Oh noona! please meet.. Ilhoon hyung , don't hide yourself!". Sungjae pulled the man hand and make him stood beside him." Noona , Ilhoon hyung is in the same age as you. I'll leave you both for now!" He pat that man name Ilhoon on his back , I see Ilhoon secretly hissed at it and bows at me. Sungjae and Minhyuk already walk away to greet the newlyweds, leaving me and Ilhoon in awkward situation.I decide to start a conversation and hope it won't get the atmosphere more awkward."You already greet the newlyweds?". He taken back a bit as he surprise that i'm talking to him."Ah..no, i come here with Minhyuk. I don't know them.". He let out a small chuckles and smiles, then he offering me his hand. "Jung Ilhoon."I blink as he offer his hand and starring at his hand for a while before taking his hand for a handshake. Looking at him with a smiles "Kwon Sohyun."