Something to Show

Follow Me

 The school bell rang signaling break time for the students and teachers. As soon as it rang, the usually unmoving class bursted in to animation. Students came and left the classroom to visit their friends or to use the restroom.

Jackson was glancing from his notes to the door and back again hoping that a special someone would show up any second. Jia Le finally entered the classroom and spotted Jackson at his usual spot by the window. They smiled at each other in greeting and she sat in the empty spot next to him. 

Jackson and Jia Le met in their freshman year while working on a project together. He found that they worked really well together and wannted to meet up with her more. The more Jackson met with her, the more attracted he felt towards Jia Le. One day he worked up the courage and asked her to be his girlfriend and the two have been toghether ever since.

"How was class?" Jackson asked while brushing a few strands of hair away from her face.

"It was fine. Did yours go okay?" Jia Le asked in return. He nodded his head at the two fell into a short awkward silence when she remembered something.

"After your practice tonight, come to the roof where we usually meet. I want to show you something," Jia Le said with excitement.

"It's not going to be anything...you know..." Jackson said hesitantly. She shook her head vigorously in disapproval.

"What do you take me for?" Jia Le asked jokingly.

"My beautiful girlfriend, of course," Jackson said with a wink. She laughed and stood up.

"I have to go now. Remember, come up after practice," Jia Le told him while walking out and waving.

~~~

"Come on! You can do better than that! Why are you doing it like that still?!" Jackson's dad yelled out at him. He took off his fencing helmet and looked at his father while drawing in deep breaths. Jackson was worn out from the long and repetitive practice. 

"You have qualifiers next month and you still aren't correcting your stance. You need to fix that if you expect to get even fifth place," his father said while massaging his temples.

"I apologize, Father," Jackson said and bowed. His father just waved him away and went off to critique someone else. 

Practice flew by and the end of the night was drawing nearer. Hurry up, time. I want to meet Jia Le, Jackson thought to himself. And just like that, the practice was finished up. He took off his fencing gear and changed into some spare sweats he had stored in his bag.

"Jackson! Where are you going?" his father called to him just as Jackson was walking out the door.

"I'm going to get some fresh air," he partly lied. Going to the roof was sort of like getting fresh air, right? His father nodded and told him to be back soon.

Jackson walked around to the back of the training center and climbed the ladder that lead up to the roof. Like most places around there, it had a small, well tended garden that no one knew who started and had a little bit of a view of the city lights.

"The view is nice, don't you think?" Jia Le said when she saw Jackson and walked towards him. He approached her and captured her in a hug. Jackson her hair while she wrapped her arms around his waist. 

"But it's even better now that you're here," he said and rested his chin on the top of her head, enjoying the moments he had with her.

Jia looked up into his eyes and smiled up at him. 

"This isn't what I wanted to show you, though," she withdrew and pulled out her phone. 

She walked over to the edge of the building and sat down, motioning for Jackson to do the same. Once he was sitting right beside her with his arm around her waist she the phone. The screen lit up their faces while the phone loaded up YouTube.

Jia typed in 'Big Bang Bad Boy' and hit the search button. Jackson watched her when she was doing all of this, admiring the perfect slope of her nose and how her eyed flicked from one thing to the next so he didn't see what she typed in. When the music started playing he got startled and jumped in his seat. Jia chuckled and told him to watch very carefully.

When the music video ended Jackson looked at her with confusion, but Jia just smilied back.

"What. Did. I. Just. Watch?" he asked. 

"You just watched one of the greatest things on the planet," she said back as if it was obvious.

"Well, show me another one, if it's that great," Jackson said trying to act like he wasn't interested.

Another Big Bang music video came up and showed Lies. Jia fangirled pretty much all the way through this one and pointed out all the silly little things to Jackson. He thought it was really cute and pulled her tighter to his side when he saw how happy it made Jia. 

After a K-Pop marathon Jackson couldn't deny his interest in this new music genre.

"So do people actually do this as a job?" he asked.

"Yeah. They sign contracts and stuff just like how it normally goes, but they train for a long time and hope to make it big," Jia explained nonchalantly. Jackson nodded along while listening.

"I think you should head back home, Jia. It's getting late. I wish I would be able to walk you home, but my father is driving me after he closes up the building," he said regretfully.

"It's fine. I know my way back. Afterall, I did come here by myself," she said with a small smile and got up.

"I'll get going now, okay? Make sure to rest well!" Jia said and climbed down the ladder, disappearing from Jackson's sight. Now he was left alone with his thoughts and the atmosphere felt empty. 

I want to make you happy like those Korean boys do, Jia Le. Give me some time.

~~~~~~

A/N: So how was the first chapter? I hope you guys are enjoying it so far! Thank you to AeygoFiction for subscribing! I was actually really surprised because I hadn't even posted a chapter yet. All in all though, I am grateful for any and all support I get. Thank you! ^^