Lost

Lost

 

                It was their 100 days together and being the adventurous couple that they are, Jongdae and Junmyeon decided to go hiking. They set off before dawn so they could reach the highest camp before sunset. Jongdae had hiked the mountain for a couple of times so he leads his boyfriend to the trail.

 

                The forest was breathtaking, it was a popular hiking spot but the caretakers and fellow hikers were able to keep the forest in good condition. As doctors, it is times likes this that Jongdae and Junmyeon cherish the most, just the two of them…away from their busy city life.

 

                Jongdae and Junmyeon met each other at the hospital where they were working; they dated for over a year before going official. Jongdae just got of a ten-hour surgery when Junmyeon approached him with a bento box in hand…when Jongdae opened the bento box; there was a simple silver ring on top of a heart-shaped slice of strawberry. Junmyeon smiled at him angelically before taking his hand.

 

“Dr. Kim Jongdae, we’ve been exclusively dating for about a year now. How about we make it official? Dae, will you be my boyfriend?” Jongdae, of course said yes.

 


 

                The couple was able to reach their destination before it when dark. Jongdae set up the tent while Junmyeon prepares their dinner. There weren’t a lot of hikers that day, in fact aside from the two tents at the far end of the camp; it would be just the two of them. Jongdae pulled Junmyeon for a moment and dragged him to where they could see the sun… setting from afar. He hugged Junmyeon tightly from behind while whispering ‘I love you’ in his ear.

 

                After the satisfying dinner, the couple sat beside each other while enjoying their melted marshmallows. They were in their mid twenties but acting like two love struck teenagers as they cuddled in front of the fire. As the night gets deeper, the two retreats to their tent and proceeded to their heated make-out session which eventually escalated to in the middle of the wild.

 

                They woke up tangled to each other, using their own body heat to overcome the coldness of the morning air. They stayed like that for a couple of minutes with chaste kisses before getting up and prepare for their descent down the mountain. Just like the night before, Junmyeon was assigned on cooking while Jongdae takes care of the tent.

 

                Halfway down the mountain, it suddenly started to rain… the trail became wet and the two had difficulty in keeping themselves from slipping down the muddy track. Jongdae suggested to his boyfriend that they take the old trail since it’s less steep than the current one, the old trail that only a few hikers knew.

 

                Jongdae was right, the old trail was less steep, but it also made their travel time longer. Jongdae haven’t been on the old trail for long time but it’s a good thing he could still remember the way and luckily the old directional boards were still there. Suddenly Junmyeon lost his footing and almost slide down luckily Jongdae was fast enough to hold him and pushed him back to safety but the force send Jongdae down the track. It was all so sudden; one second Jongdae was holding him but the next he was rolling down the mountain side.

 

“JONGDAE!!!” screamed in horror as he saw his boyfriend roll further down until he can’t see him anymore. Junmyeon tried to get up to find a way to his boyfriend but he realized that he broke his ankle and there’s also blood trickling on the side of his head, he couldn’t even stand up. “HELP! HELP!” all he could do was screaming, hoping that someone would come to their aide. He screamed until darkness took him.

 

                Junmyeon woke up in hospital a few hours later. He was found by some patrollers who luckily decided to check the old trail and rushed him to the hospital. Junmyeon hit his head on the nearby tree when Jongdae pushed him. He told the patrollers about what happened and asked for their help to find Jongdae. He wanted to go with them back to the mountains but the doctors won’t let him since his head injury was still critical.

 


 

                It was raining, Xiumin’s favorite time to take a stroll with his heightened senses; he would touch the raindrops and turn it into beautiful snowflakes. He was having so much fun with using his special ability that he didn’t notice that he strolled past the barrier, an invisible barrier that separates their kingdom and the human world. They were prohibited to lurk in the human world, they can’t be seen or else their world would be exposed.

 

                Xiumin was on the way back to their kingdom when he heard a grunt. It sounded like someone was in great pain; he looked around and not far from him he saw a human covered in mud and blood, reaching out for him.

 

“H-help m-me…h-help p-please…” the human’s voice was barely heard but it’s not a problem with Xiumin’s superb hearing.

                Xiumin moved closer to the injured human, he was not just simply injured, by the looks of it… if the human doesn’t get proper treatment soon, he might die. Xiumin knows he can’t have contact with any human but he doesn’t have the heart to just leave the dying human there.

 

                It was against the kingdom rules but he couldn’t care, he carefully lifted the injured human and sneaked him into the kingdom straight to his house. After settling the human in the safety of his house, he rushed out to find two of his closest friends Luhan and Lay.

 

                Lay was a healer while Luhan can control things with his mind. He asked the two to help him treat the injured human. They were reluctant at first but when they saw the terrible condition of the human, they understood why Xiumin wants to help him.  It took them all night to get the boy’s life out of danger.

 

                Xiumin wasn’t surprised when the human, who finally regained consciousness, can’t remember who he is. Xiumin thinks it’s because of his head injury, so for the meantime, Xiumin decided to call him Chen. They weren’t able to heal Chen fully so the human had to stay over for a couple of days.

 

                Chen had been staying for six days with Xiumin and within those days the two got close. Xiumin forbid Chen to go out of the house because he shouldn’t be keeping a human in his house in the first place. Aside from his pointy ear, Xiumin, Luhan and Lay looked human, so it didn’t really scare Chen off when they told him what kind of creatures they are.

 

                Xiumin was never the talk-active kind but when it comes to Chen, he’s not running out of things to talk about. He sometimes makes small ice sculpture for Chen which the human enjoyed very much. On the fifth day after waking up, Chen had a high fever… Xiumin went out to get Lay but his friend was nowhere to be found so he had no choice but take care of Chen alone. He had wrapped the human in a couple of blankets but Chen was still shaking violently, Xiumin was left with no choice but use his own body heat to stop the human from shaking.

 

                Chen woke up with his face pressed gently on someone’s chest; he slowly looked up and saw that the chest belonged to his savior, Xiumin. He doesn’t feel uncomfortable; in fact he liked the way Xiumin’s arms and legs wrapped around his body. He remembered having a fever the night before and maybe Xiumin was just helping him but nevertheless Chen was enjoying it. He snuggled closer to the fairy and contently fell asleep again.

 

                Luhan walked in on them in that position with Lay at tail. Xiumin was awakened when he heard Luhan’s shocked gasp and he was suddenly aware of their awkward position. Gently withdraw his hands, careful not to wake the human up.

 

“He was having a high fever last night. Can you check on him Lay…” Xiumin stood up and let Lay check on Chen.

 

                Luhan was silent the whole time; he hated how Xiumin was getting attached to the human. He was secretly in love with his friend and seeing that the human was gaining most of Xiumin’s attention in such a short amount of time, irked him. The green monster lurking in his heart is telling him that he had to get rid of Chen before things gets worse for him.

 


 

                The next day Luhan volunteered to look over Chen while Xiumin run some errands. Luhan sat beside Chen who just had his breakfast; he was now able to move on his own and it won’t be long till he could come back to the human world.

 

“So, want me to help you sneak back to the human world, I can see you’re almost fully healed now...” Luhan says nonchalantly.

 

“Yes, I think I could go back any time now, but I guess I’ll wait till Xiumin comes back to properly say goodbye to him…” Chen smiled at him

 

“That is, if Xiumin will let you leave…” Luhan faked a concerned look.

 

“What do you mean Luhan? Of course he will let me leave; he shouldn’t be keeping me here in the first place…”

 

“You’re not the first human that Xiumin sneaked in here Chen, it’s a hobby of him to kidnap humans and play with him until he gets bored, then he dumps the human back to their world and kidnap another one…” Luhan made sure to emphasize the word ‘kidnap’.

 

“Xiumin didn’t kidnap me, he helped me… he saved me…” Chen defended Xiumin. Luhan chuckled.

 

“You saw how we could do things right? Do you think that those were the only things we could do? Tell me Chen, did Xiumin help you in any way to regain your memories?“ Luhan knows very well that the answer is no.

 

“I-I d-don’t understand what you are saying Luhan…” Chen was now confused.

 

“Xiumin’s good at brainwashing human’s Chen, for all we know; he might be the one behind your accident…”  Luhan continues with his lies and he knows he’s getting Chen to believe him and doubt Xiumin.

 

“I…I….” Chen was shaking with fear, is Luhan telling the truth?

 

“Look, Chen…” Luhan reached for Chen’s hand to calm him down a bit. “I’m tired of Xiumin’s games; I want to help you…let’s get you out of here before he comes back…”

 

                Chen was really scared, what if Luhan was telling the truth and Xiumin’s keeping him captive. What if Xiumin was the one who hurt him in the first place? What if Xiumin’s just pretending to be nice so he wouldn’t want to leave? Chen stared at Luhan and he knows that he doesn’t have that much time left to think. So even though he was still confused with the whole situation, he took Luhan’s hands and asked for his help to get back to the human world.

 

                Luhan left him near the base camp where the patrollers reside and after saying goodbye to Chen, he erased his memories. Everything that happened in the fairy kingdom was washed out of Chen’s memories.

 


                Junmyeon was ecstatic when he received a call that Jongdae was finally found. It’s been a month since the accident but Junmyeon never lost hope that one day Jongdae will come back and he was right Jongdae came back. He rushed back to the mountain to fetch Jongdae and as soon as he saw his boyfriend’s face, he ran to him with tears in his eyes.

 

                Jongdae had no memories of what happened, it took him another month to finally regain his memories but nothing about the fairies. He went back to his old life, to his busy life as a doctor… to his life with Junmyeon.

 


 

                Xiumin went home to an empty house, there was no Chen. At first he was worried but he learned from Luhan that Chen wanted to go back to the human world as soon as possible and that he couldn’t wait till Xiumin gets home. Xiumin didn’t know that Chen’s absence would affect him that much. He would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night thinking that Chen came back but he didn’t…Chen never came back. Xiumin was haunted by Chen’s voice… by Chen’s smile…by his laughter… he miss him…he miss everything about Chen. He hoped that Chen could have at least said goodbye to him. Fairies have this thing that they were only destined to other individual and scares Xiumin that Chen might be the for him because he had just lost him.

 

                No one knew what Luhan had done but he feels guilty everytime he sees Xiumin sad. Somehow he wished he hadn’t done what he had done. Luhan realized that he would rather see Xiumin smiling at another man than never him smiling at all. He wanted to tell Xiumin about the truth…about how he scare Chen away….but Luhan was a coward…he can’t lose Xiumin. He knows what will happen if he came out with the truth and he doesn’t want that, he doesn’t want Xiumin to walk away from him.

 


 

                Months after Jongdae come back; Junmyeon felt that he changed…something in Jongdae changed. Junmyeon had felt it, how Jongdae was slowly drifting away from him. He would often hear Jongdae calling someone named Xiumin in his sleep. He asked him once about Xiumin but Jongdae just shrug the question off and that he doesn’t know anyone named Xiumin.

 

                Junmyeon still wondered what happened to Jongdae when he went missing but he sure that Xiumin was part of those memories that Jongdae lost. Somehow it affected Junmyeon, he was jealous over someone Jongdae can’t even remember and what pained Junmyeon more was that even though Jongdae has no memory of the said boy, he can feel how special he is to Jongdae by the way his boyfriend would dream about him every single night…by the way Jongdae smiles in his sleep calling out Xiumin’s name.

 

                Junmyeon couldn’t take it anymore, he tried to get over the jealousy because he knows that Jongdae wasn’t lying when he said he doesn’t remember anything regarding the month he went missing. Junmyeon wanted to get himself together; he doesn’t want the insecurities that are eating him up. He decided to break things off with Jongdae. Jongdae didn’t want to break up of course but Junmyeon had already made up his mind.

 

“I know you didn’t do anything wrong Jongdae, I know you didn’t lie to me… but I just can’t do this anymore. I’m the one at fault here; our relationship is not working for me anymore. I’m sorry Jongdae…” Junmyeon gave Jongdae one last hug before walking away.

 

                Jongdae tried his best to get Junmyeon back but the older was determined with his decision. He couldn’t understand where Junmyeon’s curiosities were coming from but maybe he really needed the space so he gave it to him even though it hurts him.

 


 

                A year has passed and Jongdae found himself in the same mountain where the accident happened. He was unconsciously taking the old trail, he stopped by a place, it was like his feet were pulling him to the said place and he doesn’t know why but it feels familiar to him. Jongdae stood there staring at nothing when someone tapped his shoulder.

 

“Hey… I see you’re back…I guess it’s true when they say that the heart remembers what the mind can’t” the male with pointed ears and feminine features keep babbling beside him.

 

“Huh? What are you saying?”

 

“This is where you landed when you fell; this is where he saved you… this is where you captured Xiumin’s heart…” Luhan said smiling…this will be his chance to make up for everything he had done wrong.

 

                Jongdae looked at him questioningly, there goes that name again. Xiumin… Xiumin… no matter what Jongdae do he can’t remember who Xiumin is.

 

“I know you don’t remember him…” Luhan chuckled… “Here let me help you…” with a flicked of his hand, Luhan gives Jongdae his memory back. “Hi! Chen”

 

“Lu-Luhan…” Jongdae muttered after everything came back to him.

 

“Now that you remember what happened when you went missing, I want to confess about something…” Luhan started confessing about his lies and why he scared Jongdae away. “I’m sorry… I was jealous… I see the way he looked at you, but now I just want to see him happy…even if it’s with you Chen…”

 

“Jongdae…” Jongdae interrupted he was a bit shocked that Luhan lied to him.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Jongdae…my name is Jongdae, not Chen…”

 

“Oh! Okay… well then Jongdae… do you want to see him? Do you want to see Xiumin?” Luhan was hoping he’d answer yes, he knows how happy it will make Xiumin to see him again.

 

“Yes… I want to properly thank him for everything...” Jongdae answered without thinking twice, he is really excited to see Xiumin again, he can’t explain why but his heart is yearning for to see him.

 

                As promised, Luhan helped him sneak to Xiumin’s house. He waited patiently until the fairy gets home and when Xiumin walked inside he felt his heart jumping…now Jongdae somehow understand where Junmyeon’s insecurities came from, his ex-boyfriend was right, he changed when he came back… he changed because he left his a part of his heart in this house…he left his heart with the fairy standing in front of him. Junmyeon felt it, his body came back but his heart was lost and now his body finally found his heart.

 

“H-hey…” Jongdae stared straight into Xiumin’s eyes.

 

“C-Chen?” Xiumin don’t know why his tears were falling instantly, was it because he was shocked or was it because he longed to his face again.

 

“Jongdae…my real name is Jongdae…” Jongdae made his way towards Xiumin… “Sorry I left without saying goodbye…” Jongdae caressed Xiumin’s cheeks, wiping the tears away.

 

“I…I…” Xiumin don’t know what to say.

 

“Xiumin… I need to confirm something… Can I…Can I kiss you?” Xiumin’s eyes widen but he slowly nodded.

 

                Their lips met and it confirmed everything. Jongdae fell for the fairy and so does the fairy to the human. Jongdae pulled Xiumin closer, wrapping his arms tightly on Xiumin’s waist while Xiumin’s hands were on Jongdae equally pulling the other closer. Xiumin was afraid that he had lost his ‘destined individual’ but now he was so happy that Jongdae came back…he came back and found him again.

 

 

 

When something is LOST,

 it is bound to be FOUND by someone.

 


 

…saem.riel’s note…

 

…erm I ship both suchen and xiuchen but after fininishing P&M, my love for XiuChen escalated so that’s why I choose Xiumin for Chen…

…I’m usually busy during weekends and Mondays so I was determined to finished this tonight… because I’m not sure if I’ll be online on bbkrease’s birthday…

…yup this is my birthday gift to her…

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BBKREASE!!!

 

…bby I know it’s not much but I really want to write a Jongdae fic for you… I hope this will make you smile somehow… if I could kidnap Soo or Jongdae or Yifan and give it to you… I would… but those ers are out of my reach so let’s just settle with cursing them hahahaha….

…thanks for being a good friend and for always supporting my ty fics…

…thank you bby… be happy on your birthday… continue to be surrounded by those sinful posters up your walls (which I envy by the way) hahahaha…

…I wish you all the best especially on your studies…

…Love yah! Enjoy the big 2-0…. ^_^  <3