Operation: Finding Cinderella

Cinderella's Shoe

A/N: THANK YOU FOR WHO SUBSCRIBED! ^_^ I already have six subbies. Hehehe. :3I hope this didn't made you guys dissapointed cause, I think it's lame. T^T I'm open for constuctive criticism, I can accept it. 


 


A girl was walking through a garden full of flowers, the beautiful scent lingering to her nose. She continued walking deeper through the garden her hair shining at the sunlight. She stopped at her tracks as she saw a bush of roses, she gazed at it admiring the crimson color of the flower. Tearing her gaze of the flower it landed on a figure in front of her at a not so far distance, she walked closer until she could decipher who the figure was.

Behold, the boy she described as perfection. He held twelve pieces of roses, wrapped neatly and handed it to the girl, brightly, smiling at her. She gladly took the roses and smiled at the boy, the unknown feeling of warmth building up in her, she could also feel butterflies at her stomach. She looked at the boy's perfect features and her smile widening, then the boy opened his mouth and said…

"SON NAEUN WAKE UP!"

Naeun jumped out of her bed landing on the floor on her bottom with a loud thud. She groaned and mentally cursed the person who waked her up by shouting, she looked glared at the person while standing up. It was none other than her bestfriend, Jung Eunji who woke her up giving here good morning smile.

“Oh, good morning sunshine~” She cooed, batting her eyelashes.

Naeun rolled her eyes and dusted the invisible particles of dirt on her pajamas. Her bestfriend really does ruin her dream every time she dreams of him. Talking about him, it was yet the nth time of her dreaming of him. Naeun could not count how many times she dreamed about him, about Lee Taemin. There was really an explanation why she was dreaming of him, and it is…

“Hey earth to Naeun? We clearly have 20 minutes left before going to school, you might want to move an inch there if you won’t like getting late!” Eunji yelled pushing Naeun into the bathroom and slammed the door shut.

Just after a few minutes before Naeun realized they we’re running late and they are going to have a special exam today and it’s on their first subject. She was too immersed on thinking about Taemin she didn’t realized the ticking clock and the running time. Why, why didn’t her alarm clock worked this time again? It just happens every time she dreams of Taemin.

After consuming ten minutes of their time, she stepped out of the bathroom all done. She thanked herself preparing everything last night and putted her uniform at the bathroom’s closet. Naeun predicted this will happen so she prepared everything she’ll be needing last night. She walked out of her room and ran downstairs just to see her bestfriend sitting pretty at her sofa, watching TV.

She hurriedly went to the kitchen and took a piece of toasted bread waving to her mother goodbye.

“YAH! EUNJI LET’S GO!” Naeun yelled, startling her bestfriend.

“But Spongebob—“

“Ani, let’s go!” She yelled grabbing Eunji by the wrist dragging her out of her house.

Good thing the school was only 5-minutes walking distance that they had still 3 minutes more before the bell rings. When they reached the school gates both of them gasped and sprinted to their room remembering that their teacher in that subject tends to be early for five minutes. As they got to the hallways, Naeun checked her watch and they still have 2 minutes and 15 seconds before the bell rings. Yes, she managed to check how many seconds too.

She ran as fast as she can though she wasn’t really fond of running, unlike her bestfriend who was an athlete that is now many meters away from her. Unluckily, her other shoe was a tad bit loose and she fears that it might just fly away from her foot and it just made her slow down her pace.

“Naeun, hurry up! One minute to go!” Naeun heard Eunji yell at a distance, she couldn’t help but groan.

Setting aside the loose shoe if it might get tossed, she ran again passing by a student which she didn’t even bother on knowing who it is. Naeun wondered, it’s almost time and the student was just walking… slowly. She continued running, unfortunately, her shoe flew away from her foot then she heard it fall on the ground the same time she heard a grunt. Naeun turned around and her eyes widened, her heart started beating abnormally, the unknown feeling of warmth creeping to her again.

Then after a few seconds her mind functioned, her shoe didn’t just landed on the perfect face of Lee Taemin, right?

 

 

 


 

Taemin being the student council president it is his job to monitor the hallway for students who are cutting classes or late comers. He sighed and puffed his cheeks, this is one task he hated among all of the tasks the student council president do’s and  he was supposed to do this with Jonghyun. Though being the slacking prince vice president he is, he ditched Taemin and ran to his girlfriend, Sekyung. The nerve of that guy, Taemin thought with a scowl.

He made a mental note, reminding himself to punch his shorter hyung and ditch him some other time too. A girl student ran past by him, he was about to stop her though in a blink of an eye she was already meters away. He furrowed his eyebrows and slowed down his pace, there is no use chasing after her anyway. Taemin walked slowly, whistling, then again another girl student ran passing by him, he looked at the girl and in a flash a shoe landed on his face.

“Ouch.” He grunted as the same time the shoe landed on the floor.

He massaged the part of his face where the shoe hit, which was his nose and left cheek, he groaned and saw the girl turn around her eyes widened as she saw him. His eyes we’re partly closed and blurry so that he couldn’t decipher what is the look of the girl, he knows that she kept bowing and muttered a few soft and sincere, sorry’s. When his vision became clear he saw how beautiful the girl was, how her long wavy hair suited her.

His mouth was agape and still the girl kept bowing and muttered sorry all-over-again.

“YAH LET’S GO” Then suddenly another girl, who seemed to be the first girl he was that ran past by him, dragged her away.

Taemin snapped out of his daze, he looked down and saw the girl’s shoe and he picked it up. Then one word popped in his mind that made him smiling like an idiot the whole day, Cinderella.

 

 

 


 

“YAH MY SHOEEEEEEE” Naeun yelled trying to free herself from Eunji’s grasp.

“Let’s find it later, we’re already late!” Eunji replied dragging Naeun faster.

She almost tripped on her foot because of her bestfriend dragging her rapidly. She’s just walking and we’re this fast? Naeun thought and then they reached their room witnessing chaos and noise caused by their classmates.

“What the? I thought we had a special exam today?” Eunji mumbled and watched their classmates.

“Guess what unnies?! Mrs. Jang is absent and there’s no special exam!” Suddenly, Hayoung, their friend popped out of nowhere and cheerfully said.

“WHAT?!” Both of them shouted their eyes nearly popping out of its sockets.

Naeun and Eunji collapsed and slumped to the ground leaning on each other’s back. They sighed and shook their heads almost at the same time.

“We just wasted our energy running.” Naeun said, catching her breath.

“I couldn’t agree more.”

After a few seconds of silence and slow breathings, Naeun abruptly jumped realizing something, startling two of her bestfriends.

“MY SHOE!”

 

 


 

“So you’re telling me you met a princess and it’s Cinderella?” Jonghyun asked but only got whacked in the head by Taemin.

“YAH I’M YOUR HYUNG HAVE SOME RESPECT” Jonghyun complained rubbing the part that got hit.

“You got the wrong idea again, hyung!” Taemin said and inwardly sighed.

Why is he even telling this to Jonghyun? He could just wait for Minho or Onew to come and tell them this but too much excitement made him tell it to his hyung and now he must suffer the consequences.

“Hey you just kept on muttering Cinderella, what do you think what will I think?” Jonghyun asked and raised an eyebrow.

“Sekyung noona in Cinderella’s dress.” Taemin replied with a straight face in a matter-of-factly tone.

“HAH—Well, you’re kinda right.” Jonghyun smiled sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck, Taemin only rolled his eyes at his hyung.

He’s so inlove, Taemin thought watching his hyung that is daydreaming already. He remembered the scene earlier about that girl, the girl that left her shoe, actually the girl whose shoe hit his face for he doesn’t really know the reason how and why. The girl was really pretty and beautiful, she was gorgeous, exactly. He called her Cinderella, because of the shoe and she looks like a princess. You could obviously tell Taemin has fallen in like  love at first sight.

He sees the girl at school sometimes but he quickly turns his attention to something else, like Key nagging him, Onew’s sangtae, Minho calling him or Jonghyun bugging him. He promised himself, he’ll see Cinderella again, they will meet again and the next time they meet he will make sure that they get to know each other. He’ll look for her everywhere, even if he needs to check every student’s profile just to know her he’ll do it.

 

 

 


 

“So how does this girl look like?” Key asked, scooting closer to Taemin seeming really interested at the topic.

“She’s gorgeous.” Taemin replied daydreaming already.

It’s been a week and fate doesn’t seem to agree with him that he does not see Cinderella at school. He looked at every seniors room, he looked at all of their profiles but he didn’t see her. He sighed and turned his head to the entrance of the cafeteria, it’s their lunch time and Taemin’s spending it with Key, their other friends are busy with their girlfriends. Jonghyun with Sekyung, Onew with Luna and Minho with Sulli.

As his eyes landed at the entrance of the cafeteria his eyes saw her, he saw Cinderella laughing and smiling with her friends. In an instant he loved her smiles, he suddenly stood up surprising Key.

“Hey, why did you stand up?” Key asked, pulling Taemin to sit down again.

“There she is hyung! Cinderella!” Taemin exclaimed flailing his arms upward, Key furrowed his eyebrows.

“Look at the entrance hyung!” And Key did what he was said to do.

“I think that’s no Cinderella, more like Anastacia.”

“What?”

“That’s your type of girl? Wow… I didn’t know…”

Taemin snapped his head looking at the entrance and face-palmed. He shook his head and messed his hair, he looked at Key and his hyung gave him a look.

“That’s not her, she was there a minutes ago laughing with her friends.” Taemin explained, sighing.

“Really?” Key asked and raising an eyebrow.

“HYUNG!” Taemin whined loudly, pouting.

“Just kidding!” Key raised both of his hands, surrendering while smirking at Taemin.

Taemin looked around the cafeteria but didn’t saw her, he inwardly sighed a chance wasted. He looked down at his food suddenly he felt like he lost his appetite but his stomach growled, he took his sandwich taking a big bite and looked around the cafeteria again hoping that he just missed her that she’s still inside the cafeteria. Although, fate is really not in his side, sadly she was not inside the cafeteria anymore.

He pouted and continued eating his sandwich, Key was watching him with an amused look. This was the first time a girl caught his aloof dongsaeng’s attention. Ironically, it was also the girl Taemin was gonna like love.

 

 

 


 

“Nope, she’s not in Class 4-E nor Class 4-F.” Taemin mumbled walking through to the corridors.

He continued walking, another week passed and yet he still had question mark who Cinderella really is. Also their prom was coming this week and he wants to ask Cinderella to be his date, sadly, he does not know who she is. He could only hope that she hasn’t have a date yet though there is only three days left before prom night. This year is his last year in high school if you didn’t knew.

“Hyung!” He heard a familiar voice calling him.

Taemin turned his head and saw Jongin, one of his bestfriends, ran to him smiling like an idiot. He raised an eyebrow at his dongsaeng, when Jongin was smiling like an idiot in only means two things. He caused trouble or it’s related to the girl he likes.

“Guess what! Krystal is my date to the prom!” Jongin happily told Taemin, clapping his hands and his smile turning to a wide grin.

Taemin slightly smiled at his friend and replied, “Good for you, Jong-ah.”

Jongin noticed the lack of energy from his hyung, he furrowed his eyebrows at him, he was always energetic and enthusiastic. He was kinda worried about it,  he watched him look into every classroom they pass on. He wondered why was he doing that, Jongin tapped Taemin’s shoulder and asked…

“Hyung, why are you looking at every room we pass on?” Then he looked also in the rooms.

“I’m looking for someone.” Taemin quickly replied.

Then one random topic came into Jongin’s mind and he found it funny so he shared it to Taemin. He’s sure he’ll laugh real hard when he hears it or will he?

“Hey hyung my one of my classmates lost her shoe two weeks before. She said it flew away from her foot.” Jongin said, grinning waiting for Taemin’s response.

“Really? Does she have long wavy hair? Who is she? Tell me!” Jongin got surprised on what his hyung’s reaction was.

He was expecting for him roll on the floor laughing not now that he was holding both of his shoulders looking at him intently.

“Calm down, hyung. Yeah, you’re right that she has long wavy hair, why are you so eager to know her?” He asked freeing from Taemin’s grasp.

“I got her shoe.”

“That’s not really a valid reason for your reaction earlier.” Jongin pointed out, Taemin groaned.

“Fine. I like that girl, though I don’t know her, even her name.” Taemin said, looking the other way his cheeks turning red because of embarrassment.

“Oh wow, a girl caught your attention!” Jongin clapped his hands, “I salute her!”

“Yah, go on with the name.”

“Sheesh, you call yourself the student council president but you didn’t found out her name.” Jongin said, Taemin glared at him.

“Son Naeun.”

“Classmate of yours?”

“Yep. I told you earlier that.”

Taemin nodded, then a wide smile appeared on his face. Finally, he knows what Cinderella’s name was, Naeun. He likes the name, it suits her, both are pretty and gorgeous in his eyes.

“Does s-she a-already had a date?” Taemin asked, stammering.

Jongin smirked, fortunately, he knows she still doesn’t, he shook his head and told Taemin everything, he smiled again. He told him that every guy that asks Naeun to be their dates always got rejected.  He also told him that she answers them all with one sentence, ‘I’m waiting for someone.’ Jongin looked at Taemin’s expression, Taemin’s eyebrows we’re knitted together while pouting.

“Do you think she’ll accept me when I ask her?” Taemin asked his bestfriend, looking at him hopefully.

“To be honest, I think no.” That’s when Taemin felt the world just crashed down on his shoulder.

When Jongin saw his twisted expression he burst out laughing at his hyung. Taemin looked at him oddly, watching him, his twisted expression earlier was now changed to an annoyed one. The heck this guy, Taemin thought glaring at his dongsaeng.

When Jongin composed himself, he said, “I’m just kidding hyung. Your expression was priceless!”

“Ha-ha-ha. Not funny, Jong-ah.” Taemin sarcastically said, glaring at Jongin.

“But I really don’t know if she’ll accept you or not.” Jongin said, Taemin looked down.

He sighed and closed his eyes, he does it to calm himself and it’s a bit effective now. Jongin looked at him wanting to help his friends, then an idea popped in his mind.

“Hyung, I’ll make sure that she’ll have no date until the prom night comes.” Jongin said, Taemin looked at him with an odd look.

“Hey, I’m helping you already be happy!” Taemin rolled his eyes at Jongin’s complain.

“Yeah, yeah. Thank you, happy?”

Jongin grinned and swung his arm on Taemin’s shoulder, “You’re all on your own when the prom night comes. Ask her alright?”

“Arasso. You sound like my mother when she knows I met a girl.” Taemin rolled his eyes again and they continued walking.

“Yah!” Jongin yelled and lightly punched Taemin’s arm as he chuckled along with his friend.

“Jong-ah, I think I already have a  brilliant idea.”

 

 

 


 

“Kyaa! Luhan oppa just asked me to be his date on the prom!” Bomi squealed to her friends, everyone smiled and congratulated her.

Naeun watched her unnie tell her story how Luhan asked her out, she envied that, all of friends already had a date and she’s the one only left without one. She was waiting for a certain someone to ask her out. Actually, she was not really waiting, she was hoping that he would ask her out. There’s no harm in hoping right? Also after the incident she didn’t saw Taemin again, she tried finding him but she didn’t saw him.

She admitted to herself that she already likes the boy, well who does not? Who wouldn’t fall for his charming looks, his brains and he was a varsity of the basketball team too, actually the captain of the team. She sighed, slowly she was losing hope tomorrow is their prom night and it looks like he’s going alone. If someone asks her out now she’ll accept it, besides she was losing hope that Taemin would ask her out.

Naeun sighed for the nth time, maybe she should not just attend prom night. Besides she still has another year for it, she’s just a junior.

“Girls, I think I wouldn’t be attending prom night.” Naeun said, watching her friends turn to her with a surprised expression.

“ANDWAE YOU SHOULD!”

The group got shocked when they heard Jongin shout, they looked at him with surprised faces and then Jongin smiled sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. He just heard Naeun that she wouldn’t be attending prom night and that’s a big problem for Taemin.

“Why should I, Jongin?” Naeun asked, eyeing him suspiciously.

“Ah- It’s- You should just attend!” Then Jongin sped off away from them.

Then silence enveloped them looking at the direction Jongin sped off. Chorong was the first one to say something.

“That was weird.” She said breaking the ice.

“Yeah..” Namjoo followed turning to her friends.

“So Naeun, are you not really attending?” Chorong asked and everyone turned their attention to Naeun.

Naeun thought for awhile, “Well, I’m not sure but… I’ll be attending.” She answered smiling.

“Yehey!” They all cheered.

“Yehet” They heard Sehun yell and they all laughed.

 

 

 


 

It was prom night and Naeun was feeling very lonely, her friends were already dancing with their dates and they left her at the table. She looked around and saw people dancing happily at the dancefloor. She sighed, why didn’t she accepted the boys who asked her to be their dates? It so foolish of her to hope that Taemin would ask her out, he must be with some popular girl like Suzy or Jiyeon.

Naeun puffed her cheeks and looked down at her light blue dress, her mother said that if she wore this boys will automatically ask her if they can dance. She thought it’s that time now for it to happen, she looked around and saw Jongin approaching her with a smirk. When he reached Naeun, he removed his smirk and replaced it with his smile.

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be with Krystal?” Naeun asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

“She’s getting us drinks and I know where the place forever alone’s go.” Jongin said with a smirk while Naeun rolled her eyes.

“Forever alone, stupid Jongin.” Naeun mumbled glaring at the boy.

“Try on going to our school’s garden and relax.” Jongin suggested, shrugging.

“That’s not a pretty bad idea.” Naeun said and stood up smiling to Jongin.

She does not really know why is she agreeing to what Jongin said, is it because she’s getting bitter to the couples here or is it just because she wants to get out of this place. While Naeun walked away, Jongin watched her smiling triumphantly to himself.

“Job well done.”

 

 

 


A/N: I suggest that you play Apink’s Secret Garden now. I think it just adds the feelings? :3 Silly me. Hahaha.


 

Naeun walked through the garden there many flowers, the beautiful scent lingering to her nose. She continued walking deeper through the garden her hair shining at the moonlight. She stopped at her tracks and looked up to see the string lights on the trees admiring them for a second, the feeling of déjà vu building up in her. Tearing her gaze at the lights it landed on a figure in front of her at a not so far distance, she walked closer until she could decipher who the figure was.

Her heartbeat was beating real fast, this was just like her dream a few days ago. She secretly hoped that it will be Taemin, but not all of her dreams come true. Stop being delusional, her mind scoffed. When Naeun looked up her eyes widened, she’s not dreaming, right? Lee Taemin is really in front or her, right? Taemin smiled at her brightly holding twelve roses, neatly wrapped. He handed it to her and Naeun absent-mindedly accepted it.

“Shall we dance?”

Taemin pulled her close to him, thanking God that everything was running smoothly and as what is practiced. He brainstormed everything about this, it’s planned. Taemin putted her hands on his shoulders while his are on her waist. Naeun looked at him with wide eyes her mind still not functioning everything that was happening. Ignoring the his rapid heartbeat Taemin smiled sweetly and whispered on Naeun’s ear.

“I finally found you, Cinderella.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: I hope you liked it! Please comment your reactions and what you want to say about this one-shot! ^_^

PS. Myungsoo is mine. Rawr. XD