001

Beside You.

Beside you. That’s the only place I’ve ever wanted to be ever since the first day we met. To be exact it was January 15th, 2010. The first day back to school in our final year in Middle School. The snow was falling softly, the small but fluffy flakes were falling so beautifully. The school walkways were icy. You didn’t know and slipped. I came to help you retrieve your things only to notice how the snow complemented your beauty more than I could have imagined it would complement anyone. It was stuck to your hair as I helped you up, brushing it out of your hair while you blushed.

 

Then and there I noticed that maybe, just maybe love at first sight could be this real. Smiling while extending my hand to yours. “Hi I’m Donghae, Year 8!” You took my hand without hesitation, shaking it softly with your slender fingers. “Hi... I’m (Y/N), also year 8... I just transferred here from Japan...” she smiled while rubbing her arm, her small accent peeking through when she spoke Korean, I can’t lie it was the cutest thing I have heard in a long time. Tilting my while looking at her, patting her shoulder. “Come with me I’ll show you to the schools main office, it’s the least I can do.”

 

Ever since then (Y/N) and I have be inseparable, we do everything together. The best of friends you could call us. But then everything got mixed up when my father told me I was getting married... and none the less... I had to move away to marry the girl he wanted me to marry. He called her Ms. All American, that in his eyes she was “Perfect” but I know he was only doing it for the money.

 

After telling you the look of despair, anger and sadness creped upon your face as the tears welled up in your eyes, burring your face in your hands you croaked out a sentence “C-congratulations Oppa...” Standing up you bowed and tried to turn away from me, grabbing your wrist turning you back to me, standing up to hold your face in my hands softly looking at you. “I promise you I’m going to come home just wait for me okay?” She nodded and wiped her eyes, moving my hands away before hugging me while whispering into my chest “Please... don’t ever leave...”

 

That’s all I remember from that day. Other than the face that you had... the makeup running down your face... It’s been to many days... Knowing that she didn’t wait for me back in Korea... My hear wants to come back home to her. Knowing that she lies awake at night not having me. All I wish is to be beside her...

 

Sighing while rubbing my temples while sitting at my father’s desk, running my fingers through my hair. “Father... I need to go back to Korea for a little...” Standing up then looking down at my fiancée. “I’m sorry but I made a promise I would come back to someone... and I need to right now. Excuse me...”

 

Within a minute I was all packed up, ready to come home to you in hopes that I can make everything go back to normal, thinking of all the words I can say to you... When I’m beside you...