o1

please sir, can i pet some more?

"Jongdae, not now," Joonmyun sighs, pushing at the insistent cat, trying to keep him from climbing right into his lap and all over his paperwork. Jongdae, seemingly ignoring him, simply ducks and sneaks beneath his arm to flop over his lap, successfully sending all his papers flying. "Jongdae!"

"Mm~?" The cat purrs out, chestnut brown ears flicking in disinterest. "It's not work time, it's pet time. Pets please."

"It's most definitely work time," Joonmyun grumbles, but he can never say no to the lithe feline and obligingly scratches against his scalp, right behind his ears where he likes it. Jongdae begins purring almost immediately, eyes crinkling up and the tips of his fangs poking against his bottom lip. His tail twitches happily, thwacking Joonmyun against the side each time.

"Only a little pets." He scolds the other as if he means it, but if Jongdae believes him, he certainly doesn't show it, leaning up into the scratches with a pleased yawn. When Joonmyun's fingers start to grow tired, he softly smooths the other's hair down, hand running over his back affectionately. With a sigh, he lets out a weak laugh and shakes his head. "How am I supposed to get any work done..."

Jongdae, who'd most dozed off, cracks open a sharp eye and flicks his tail just enough to thwack Joonmyun in the shoulder. "I vote you forget about it."

"I can't just forget about it, Jongdae." With a sigh, Joonmyun pats the other's head, earning a whiny grunt in response. "Come on, let's make dinner, okay?"

The mention of food has Jongdae springing from the mattress (with a claw or two in Joonmyun's leg much to his chagrin) and bounding off towards the kitchen. Joonmyun shakes his head with a laugh and sighs, pulling himself off the bed. With a glance to his paperwork, he supposes it can wait a couple hours. He knows he owes Jongdae some affection anyways; he's been holed up in the office for days.

As he makes his way into the kitchen, rolling his sleeves up, Jongdae is already bouncing from foot to foot excitedly in front of the fridge, whining a bit. "Food....Food, Joonmyun!! Foooood."

"I'm getting it, I'm getting it! Calm down," the brunette laughs, shaking his head as he tries to open the fridge with a cat snaking around him. "You're going to make us both fall, Jongdae, come on." 

With a pout, Jongdae pulls away, tail flicking irritably, though he does stay no more than a couple inches behind Joonmyun, watching his every move unblinkingly, excited to eat. He his teeth a few times.

"You'd think I never feed you, jeez," Joonmyun rolls his eyes, moving to take the left over takeout towards the microwave, nuking it. Jongdae chooses to ignore that comment, instead accidentally swiping the bag of duck sauce and soy sauce to the floor with his tail.

"Oops," Jongdae hums, racing to pull the food out of the microwave when it dings before Joonmyun can even get to it. Joonmyun laughs, shaking his head and takes the other around the waist, grabbing two forks and tugging him towards the couch. 

"Let's watch a movie while we eat, mkay?" he muses gently, and Jongdae nods enthusiastically, though Joonmyun's pretty sure it's more because of the food in his hands than the thought of a movie. Honestly, movies rarely hold Jongdae's short attention span anyways.

Taking a seat on the small, worn couch, Joonmyun carefully pats his lap, leaving it open for Jongdae to curl up in, which he does, happily, pooling the takeout container between them. Joonmyun wraps an arm around Jongdae, doing his best to balance cat and food, and turns the television on whilst Jongdae immediately digs into a spring roll. 

With a snort, Joonmyun settles his cheek against Jongdae's shoulder and takes a bite of fried rice. This is much better than work, he has to agree, though he's not sure he should tell Jongdae that, lest he want it used against him in every whining argument ever. 

Jongdae hums in approval as he munches, eventually pausing to his fingers clean, and soon, the edge of Joonmyun's mouth clean as well. With a laugh, Joonmyun leans towards it. "You're supposed to be watching the movie!"

"But you're dirty. I don't like it," Jongdae wrinkles his nose, a bit more before sneakily his way into Joonmyun's mouth. With a groan, Joonmyun slides a hand up into his hair, empty takeout container abandoned to the side. 

"My mouth isn't dirty..." he murmurs against the other's mouth, and Jongdae purrs out with a giggle, wiggling a bit in his lap.

"Just checking~."