The News

A New Life

Dia's POV

 

It all started when it was my 7th birthday. Mother, Father and I were suppose to go celebrate after they got home from work. I was excited, it would be the first time in months that we all went out as a family. But little did I know of what was going to happen.

I looked at the clock.

8:00PM

Where are they?...They're an hour late...

From what father talks about all the time, they both seem to work in a hospital, so that's why they're always out, or so he says. 

After about 30 more minutes of waiting for them, I hear the doorbell ring.

Appa! Umma! You're--

It wasn't my mother or father. It was my Godfather and my GodBrother who was 3 years older than me.

They didn't look happy or even wish me happy birthday....

 

"Dia, can we come in? We need to talk..." Godfather spoke in a soft voice.

"Okay, but you're going to need to hurry! Appa and Umma are probably on their way here!" I beamed.

My Godfather sighed and looked at me with tears in his eyes and then cleared his.

"You see, dear...your mother and father suffered a horrid event--" he paused for a second and adjusted his posture.

"They were...murdered.." My Godfather looked at me and noticed my expression.

 

"You're lying...How can someone be murdered in a hospital???" I began raising my voice, startling DooJoon (My God-Brother)

 

That is when my GodFather explained that my parents didn't actually work in a hospital, but an illegal clinic which they happen to tend to gang members and they're injuries. My parents owned they clinic and often got into fights as well and this time, they enede up losing.

 

 

Where will I stay? What am I going to do now? My parents are gone...

 

My Godfather stood up and walked towards me, holding out his hand.

"Don't worry, Dia. You'll live with DooJoon and I. We'll care for you, we'll protect you.." He smiled down at.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lived with Yoon appa (godfather) and DooJoon for 4 years.

That is until Yoon Appa had a heart attack in his sleep, leaving me alone to live with 15 year old DooJoon.

DooJoon often skipped school to go fight gangs with his own that he called "Beast".

As time went by, DooJoon and Beast got stronger and becam feared amongst schoYosebols in Gimpo.

 

"Dia, pack your bags. We're moving. You got 10 minutes to pack anything you'll need and don't you dare ask any questions...arraso?" DooJoon Oppa said without even looking at me.

DooJoon Oppa never really cared for me. He was scary, and always looked mad.

 

About 15 minutes later, the other Beast members showed up and loaded our bags into a taxi. 

"You're bringing HER along too?" One member with a babyface asked DooJoon as he eyed me.

"Shut the hell up, Yoseob." DooJoon snarled.

 

 

2 hours later we arrived at apartment complex in Seoul.

DooJoon Oppa threw my bag at my feet and told me to follow the members into the building.

The apartment was much smaller than the apartment that Yoon Appa left us, but it was fine.

I looked for an empty room, but all of them were occupied. There was a total of 2 fair sized rooms, and there were 3 Beast members in each of them.

 

"Um...DooJoon Oppa? Where is I sleep?" I asked with a bit of fear in my voice.

"The laundry room. Now leave. We have business to take care of." DooJoon Oppa stated coldy, leaving the other members laughing at me.

 

The laundry room was bigger than a normal sized one, but it wasn't comfortable at all. I quitely unpacked my bag and placed my clothes next to the dryer. The floor was cold, and hard. No windows or heater.

Life was quiet and lonely for a month and soon, DooJoon Oppa's gang was becoming well known in Seoul as well. As DooJoon became more powerful, he also became a spiteful person.

He and the other Beast members now began ordering me around and soon they all became physical. Every time I did wrong or didn't come home at a certain time, I would be beat by everyone in Beast, besides DooJoon Oppa.

 

Everyday, I was to go around Seoul and ask for money, and everyday, I had to meet a certain quota or else I'll be beat and have to sleep in the back alley for the night. Beast enjoyed making a fool out of me. They always warned me never to go against them and how they will soon be the most powerful gang in Seoul and how they can throw me out or even kill me whenever they wanted too, but all they neeeded was DooJoon Oppa's word.

 

At this time, Beast was known as one of the youngest and most feared gangs in Seoul. Being only 16 year olds, they had made many emenies, but besides being a gang, they were also teenage boys with raging hormones.

 

This scared me. Sure, I could tolerate punches, kicks and slaps, but I hoped and prayed that they would never take it to the next level. Beast tried many time to get their hands on me...ually, but failed due to DooJoon Oppa stating that no one was allowed to ually assault me. He would explain that he wanted me to be "pure" until the end. Which I didn't understand what he meant by "the end".

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spent spent 4 years living with beating and torture with Beast, until I meet 

 

Him......