You Give Me Butterflies

Summer Butterflies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once upon a Summer when you were still in college there was this guy by the name of Jung Yonghwa that used to catch your eye whenever he was passing you by or whenever he would pick up his guitar and play random songs by the pond at the back of the school. He would make all the girls swoon with his angelic, soft and warm voice. Yes even you couldn't escape from it.

You were just an ordinary girl like everyone else around you except you were somewhat different. While your friends and all the girls around you started dating boys, you seemed to be the lost puppy no guy would even look at. You were wishing you were just like them. How would it feel to hold a guy's hand? How would it feel to call that one guy your own?

While all the girls were busy having boyfriends, you only had eyes for that one guy. All your friends called you crazy for it. 'Forget it Mira, it's not going to happen' or 'Boys like him won't look at girls like us. He's on top of the food chain and we're way below'. You didn't care and they didn't understand. If you couldn't have someone to call your boyfriend, you at least had something to look at, even if you knew he would never look at you or knew of your existence in the first place.

How is it that a guy who probably doesn't even know your name, gives you so much butterflies by just looking? You could only imagine what feeling you would get if he would only look back at you once.

Now 3 years later, everything is still the same for you like it was back then. No boyfriend material, just you and your books. Books? Yes books. You love reading and made your passion out of it. Right after college after majoring in English, you decided you wanted to be a writer. A great excuse to not look at boys right? However, one guy always kept you occupied even if it's been 3 years you last saw him. Nobody really knows, but he was your biggest inspiration for writing your book 'Summer Butterflies'. Eventhough you never knew it was going to happen, a part of you hoped he would read it.

There you are, sitting on the couch, watching TV, watching your favorite TV Show Glee on DVD. The birds were twittering while the sun was pushing rays of light into your room. The weather seems to be nice. Of course it's nice. It's summer after all, but you just didn't feel the need of going out. Just when you were on your way to the kitchen to get yourself a glass of water, you noticed an envalope on the doormat. You scracthed your head. That's strange, you didn't see the mail man and usually you would receive a few bills with it too. Maybe it was your mother again? Out of curiousity you walked to the front door picking up the salmon colored envalope. It was addressed to you but you didn't recognize any of it.

After you filled a glass with water and walked back into the living room, you decided to check out whom this letter was from. You carefully ripped the envalope open after you pushed your reading glasses up your nose and found a neatly folded piece of paper in it. Crazily you looked around thinking you were caught on camera feeling watched for some strange reason. You glanced back at the piece of white paper in front of you and unfolded it and started reading:

Dear Mira,

Just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed reading your book 'Summer Butterflies'. You remind me a lot of a girl I used to attend college with.
Is it strange to say that I felt very related to everything written in your book?
It might sound crazy to you, but I often had a feeling it was about me, crazy right? Thank you for encourraging me. Hopefully one day I will get to say to her how I feel. Keep writing and inspiring people. 

Love,
Jung Yonghwa

Jung Yonghwa, Yonghwa. You heard that name before. It sounded so familiar to you. Then it hit you after reading the small note for a second time: he's that guy. The guy you had been liking the first day you saw him but never had the courrage to speak to him nor introduce yourself. Wait a minute, was he just refererring to you? You shook your head. This couldn't be. There is no way that popular, good looking guy is thinking about you. He doesn't even know who you are, but yet it feels as if he does? Just when you lifted the envalope another smaller note fell out:

PS: Meet me tonight at 7 on the beach. See you there?

Your heart started racing like a mad woman. Was he serious? He really does know who you are? But does he truly know you are the nerdy girl from school no boy would ever look at? How could you take this seriously? You didn't even take yourself seriously let alone someone else. No way you are going out there to meet him, or should you?

"Mira, I got you your favorite pizza" your best friend shouted walking into the apartment. She had been your best friend since high school. She used to share this apartment with you but moved out to move in with her long time boyfriend, now fiance. Yes, she was no longer sharing this house with you, but she never returned the key and always managed to barge in at crazy hours.

"Ww..what are you doing? I didn't expect you" you nervously mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter