Artificial Enemy 1

Artificial Enemy

August 15th

This is the summer story of what happened to a certain group of people ...

 


 

The sound of keyboard being pressed somewhat harshly has been heard ever since few hours ago from his room.

" ah !! this will sell !! " a husky voice was heard through the door of the room that was mentioned.

" i used music software to compose original song. my goal is the #1 ranking on mnet, then inkigayo, uh and then an album.. not bad at all... " the source of the husky voice continued mumbling with pride before a loud sirene voice was produced by the computer he's using. 

" CHANYEOL !!! " a high-pitched sound vibrated through the room.

" HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO STOP THAT?!! YOU'LL DISTURB THE NEIGHBORS! " the woman continued scolding the man called Chanyeol.

" i- it wasn't me.. it was..- " before the man finished talking, a hit on his head from the woman which was acknowledged as his mother was received.

If only that person weren't here, I'd be able to spend every day in my room, in peace and quiet. . . IT'S ALL HER FAULT !!! 

A small and girly chuckle were heard from the computer when his mother exited the room.

The little girl showed up on his computer screen with a sweet smile on her face, which makes Chanyeol get amused even more. The girl is the one he mentioned just now, a virus that came from an email from an unknown sender about a year ago.

" what if you killed the computer, would you die ? " Chanyeol asked to the girl on the screen, annoyed.

" ooohh.. master! that's so sweet of you to worry about me . . " the girl on the screen replied.

Wait, I'm the one who would die. . 

It's like that. I can stand not sleeping or eating, but I absolutely would not be able to live without my computer. Ever since I started living as a shut-in 2 years ago, I became hopelessly addicted to the internet.

And it started about a year ago. . If I hadn't opened that strange email at that time, my seclued life would've been smooth sailing. Who would've known my computer would be taken over by this enigmatic program. . . . .

" okay, let's do it ! " the girl moved her index finger to the x sign on the right side of the window.
" ?!!!! WAIT! DON'T SCREW WITH ME!!"
She then moved her index finger to the right side of the mini tab which consists of a yes and no. Tapping on the no.
" NOOOOO!!!! MY SONGGGG!!!!!!?!?!?! " the man scream dramatically as the girl on the screen pressed the no button. He tried pressing on all of the buttons on the keyboard, even the mouse but nothing came up on his screen.
" it's.. over.. there's no hope left..... " he said, as if he lost half of his soul. 

a second passed.. two seconds... thre---

" ah.. um, master... " the girl showed up again on the screen with his files.
" what is it.. " the man lifted his head to see the screen. " ..could it be that you feel guilty about it? " he continued as he is now has fully facing the screen.

they're having a small talk for few minutes before the girl came up with an idea, a crazy one, he thought.

" let's go buy a computer ! " the girl said excitedly.
Eunji you're kidding me. " he replied to that statement she said just now. 
" nooooo. seriously !! " the girl called Eunji replied back, convincing him.

It'll be okay if it's just today, he thought. Today, will be my first and last time going outside.

 


 

" master, what's that ?! " the girl on his phone screen squealed as she saw a big ferris wheel on top of the big building where they're heading to.
" ah, that's an amusement park.. "
" I WANNA GOOO !! MASTER LET'S GO. LET'S GO !! " the girl squealed happily, but the man refused to go there which ends up making the girl on the screen got annoyed then gone from his sight.

" ..... "

As soon as he arrived at the enterance of the big building, he stood still like a stone, amazed by the big building. Then suddenly he bumped into the store clerk as he walked into the building with amazement, not long afer that, he bumped into a 'creepy' looking girl in hoodie. All he could do is stood frozen for a split second then bowing deeply at the person. 

" ...alright? " the girl's voice was heard again, and she also appeared on the screen again.
" huh? " he returned his headset into the right position again.
" i'm asking if you're alright " she repeated her words.
" ah, Eunji..- " as he was about to answer her, a record of him asking to the store clerk awkwardly was played.
" e- eeh.. that's me ?! " he got shocked when he heard his own voice earlier.
" yup. that's what you sound like.. what do you think master ? "
" it sounds so gross...ah.. it can't be real right.... " he said with total embarassment.

" let's go ! " he said suddenly, " after we finish buying our things, let's check out that amusement park on the top floor ! " he continued. Which cheered Eunji up immediately. 
" it's a promise ! " she said happily to him.

I see.. The outside world fascinates her. Although Eunji can't smell or feel heat, even so, the world may hold more charm through her eyes than through mine. I guess it's fine to do this once in awhile.

As some people said that there's no longlasting type of happiness. Just few minutes after it, a sound of bomb exploded was heard in the building.

This must be the first and last time such a thing would happen to me. That's what I thought at that time..
Surely. 

 


 

( So, here it is !!! The very first chapter u v u. Hope you like it huehue. )