letter 1

Spilled Ink (shades of blue)

Woohyun sighs. It's another beautiful day, the weather is nice and he can hear kids laughing while chasing after each other. He wants to do that too—chase after something; happiness or maybe his dreams instead of being trapped behind a desk sorting letters from people he doesn't know the face of (who might probably be chasing after thier dreams).

 

 

However, he loves his job as a post-officer. It makes him feel proud like he's a part of something big that he doesn't exactly know but he's sure of its importance. So he handles the letters with extra care; to some it might seen like only ink and paper, but to him (and other people) it might be the joy of a newborn child; longing for a lover; congratulations on a new job; admonition from a friend. And it could be tears of a broken heart; mourning for the loss of a beloved one, and so much more...

 

It usually gives him pleasure, delivering letters to people; he might be contributing a little in their happiness (or sadness, but Woohyun doesn't like to think of this option.)

 

However, sometimes, his job feels like a burden. Especially on days like this where the tiny metal bells above the door tinkle, signaling the arrival of a handsome guy asking if a letter from a 'certain' 

someone has arrived.

Woohyun has come to this village at the end of winter when the earth was old and covered in white, has stayed for spring and its blossoms, and now he's enjoying the early rays of summer —and not one Tuesday has he failed to witness Myungsoo's crestfallen features when he informs him that no message from a Sungyeol has arrived.

 

 

" He will write back to me again. I know he will," Myungsoo says more to himself than to Woohyun and then he's gone.

The tiny bells tinkel again, and Woohyun thinks that if disappointment and bitterness had a sound then it must be this.

 


 

Ps: This was supposed to have a continuation but it has been sitting in my drafts for too long (almost two years! wow) and i thought I'd just post it.

Pss: Sorry to everyone who came for Woosoo and was disappointed, everyone seems to have expected something else and i feel sorry. Maybe I'll continue this, no promises though. Thank u for reading and understanding!