Final 1/1

Skhizein Prēn

After a small talk with his doctor, chanyeol returned to his room where baekhyun is waiting for him. He forced a smile to his lover but to only miserably fail. And this made baekhyun worried, “What happened yeol?” baekhyun asked in a warm voice and that’s one of the reason why chanyeol loves the said guy.

Chanyeol shrug and sat on the unoccupied space on his bed beside baekhyun, “Just a small talk” heaving a deep long sigh, chanyeol lean against the wall and propped his knees ‘till it reached his chest, “If it’s just a small talk why do you look so sad?”

“I’m not sad baek, it’s just…” chanyeol trailed off, unsure whether to tell baekhyun the things the doctors have been telling him for the past months. Baekhyun called and this cue chanyeol that he should just confide baekhyun, “They keep on telling me things about you and I don’t want to tell you because the things they say might hurt you and I don’t want to hurt you…” baekhyun raised a brow, “Do you believe them?” chanyeol immediately shook his head and reached out his hands to cup baekhyun’s face.

 

“No, of course. I only believe in you…”

 

This made baekhyun smile that made chanyeol’s stomach twist and tie on a knot. Baekhyun leaned against chanyeol’s broad shoulder and between them sat a comfortable silence. Chanyeol played with baekhyun’s smaller hand, admiring how it was beautifully sculpted, perfectly made on his bigger and strong ones.

Baekhyun broke the silence by asking why chanyeol loved him though chanyeol could find someone who’s better than him, the perfect person for chanyeol. And this annoyed chanyeol a little. Because he already explained, a hundred times already, that baekhyun is the one who’s perfect for him, he don’t need anyone as long as there’s baekhyun beside him.

 

“Why do you always believe in me chanyeol?”

 

“Because you told me so…”

 

A soft knock interrupted the two, the door swung open and chanyeol’s doctor walked in and stared at him with confusion, “Who are you talking to chanyeol?” chanyeol gave him the same confused look before everything sink in for him, his doctor just graduated probably not knowing the existence of his lover, “Ah! I almost forgot! He’s baekhyun, my boyfriend. Baek, he’s my new doctor since the old one, you know the one you hate moved out” and both chanyeol and baekhyun burst into a fit of giggles. Baekhyun immediately fixed his composure as soon he noticed that the doctor is giving them a strange look. And he hates it.

 

“Hi doc” baekhyun said casually and gave the doctor a sly smile.

 

“Hello baekhyun,” the doctor said at the space beside chanyeol before turning his attention to his patient, “Chanyeol, you need to take your medicine, it is getting late now…” the doctor said before walking towards chanyeol and hand him the bottle of medicine he really hates.

 

Chanyeol shook his head and growled, “I don’t want to! I’m still talking to baekhyun!” he yelled and swat the bottle out of the doctor’s grasp. “Chanyeol…” baekhyun called and chanyeol immediately calmed down, “I’m sorry baekhyun” he quickly apologized and baekhyun could only smile. “It’s just whenever I take them I get sleepy, and I still want to talk to you!”

 

“Then you’ll take them after we talk, okay?” chanyeol nodded, “You heard baekhyun right? I’ll take them after baekhyun and I finish talking” the doctor sighed in defeat, “Okay. Goodnight chanyeol, and thank you baekhyun.” The doctor walked out of the room, as soon as the doctor left, baekhyun stood and walked towards the bottle of pills.

 

“I don’t like your new doctor yeol, he’s so fake” baekhyun red the description of the medicine, antipsychotics. ‘Why would they make chanyeol drink this?’ he thought before taking a seat beside chanyeol.

 

“I know. And he’s quiet rude towards you a while ago…”

 

Baekhyun popped two pills out before placing them on chanyeol’s hand, “You should take them now chanyeol…” chanyeol want to fight back but as soon as he see the tired look on his lover’s face, he place the pills on his lips before swallowing dryly, already used at the bitter taste.  He felt dizzy as soon the medicine kicked in; baekhyun leaned down and placed a chaste kiss on chanyeol’s forehead.

 

“Baekhyun… don’t go…” chanyeol languidly reached out his hand at the retracing figure of baekhyun, “Don’t leave yet…”

 

 

 

♛....~....♛

 

 

Chanyeol felt happy to see baekhyun’s mother. Mrs. Byun supported their relationship unlike his mother. “How are you chanyeol?” Mrs. Byun smiled forming crescents on her eyes just like baekhyun’s, but that didn’t cover the bitterness on her voice but chanyeol is too ingenuous to notice.

 

“I’m fine, how about you auntie?” chanyeol reached out for Mrs. Byun hands, “You’ve been thinner since the last time we met. Baekhyun won’t like it; you know that he hates it when you’re sick. Please take care of yourself”

“I will chanyeol, and will you tell baekhyun to visit me? I’ve been lonely since he moved out…” guilt rushed on chanyeol, he knows that baekhyun and his mom is really close but since he wants to be with baekhyun most of the time, he forced him to move with him. And that torn their mother and son relation apart. Chanyeol squeezed her hands, “I will auntie. And I’m sorry…”

She only shook her head lightly; “Take care of your health chanyeol as well, and please… move on” she smiled for the last time before leaving the room but chanyeol didn’t missed to see Mrs. Byun bursting to tears. Chanyeol tilt his head in confusion.

 

“What’s the matter chanyeol?” baekhyun sat beside him. Chanyeol shrug, “I don’t know baek, I just did what you told me to tell her… then she cried. Did I do something wrong?”

 

“You did nothing wrong yeol. You never do anything wrong… thank you” baekhyun kissed him on the cheeks before placing another two pills on his palm, “You need to rest now…”

 

“But I’m not tired baek…”

 

“Still, you need to take these so you can—“  baekhyun was cut off when chanyeol stood abruptly ‘causing the chairs to tumble, he grabbed baekhyun by the collar pinning him on the wall at the process, the cold surface hit baekhyun’s back that made him wince but chanyeol didn’t care.

 

“Why would you always make me take those when you know that I hate them? Is it that what you want? Make me suffer? Make me do things I hate? Make me feel lonely? You know that you’re all one I need. But why do you do this to me?” tears rolled down chanyeol’s cheeks.

 

 

That night, chanyeol didn’t need to take anything for baekhyun to leave.

 

 

 

 

 ♛....~....♛

 

 

 

 

“How long have you been and Baekhyun together?” chanyeol can’t help but to smile at the question. Reminiscing their years at the process, “Chanyeol?” the doctor called once again to grab the attention of his patient who’s busy dozing off. “Ah, we started dating when we were sophomores in junior high”

 

The doctor scribbled something before proceeding to ask the next question, “And in those years, have you experienced any complications on your relationship?” chanyeol shook his head

 

“No. Baekhyun and I were happy, we rarely fight because I’m afraid that I might upset and hurt him, and I vowed to him that I will never do anything to hurt him…”

 

There was a long silence, only the sound of the clock ticking loudly on the wall. Chanyeol tapped his foot, waiting for the doctor to speak again.

 

“If you promised him that you’ll never hurt him… why did you kill him?”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes grew wide, “Who did I kill?” he asked in panic and this cue baekhyun to comfort his lover, “Baekhyun, who did I kill?!”

 

“Chanyeol look at me!” chanyeol turned his head to look back at his doctor, “Why did you kill him!?”

 

“I didn’t kill anyone!”

 

“Why did you kill Do Kyungsoo!? Is it because of baekhyun!?”

 

“Please doctor! Don’t push him!” baekhyun plead when tears start to roll down on chanyeol’s cheeks.

 

“Doctor Kim! Don’t stress the patient!” Nurse Oh separated Kim jongin, chanyeol’s doctor and Do Kyungsoo’s lover away from the hysteric chanyeol. Doctor Kim regained his composure and grabbed something from his desk and quickly pierced it to chanyeol’s arm, calming him right away.

When chanyeol passed out, Nurse Oh placed him in a comfortable position before turning his attention to Doctor Kim, shooting daggers at the process.

 

“Don’t let your personal issues run along with your job.” And Jongin could only sigh in frustration.

 

 

 

 

 ♛....~....♛

 

 

 

 

 

“Baek, they kept on telling me that you’re dead. But you’re here, how are you dead if you’re right here by my side? They’re making things confusing for me”

 

“Do you believe them?” baekhyun asked whilst playing with chanyeol’s bottle of medicine. “Of course not, I’ve always told you that I only believe in you, right?” this made baekhyun smile, “Yeah, you only believe in me…”

 

“Because you told me so…

 

Chanyeol stared at baekhyun’s dark orbs, silence engulf them. ‘Till baekhyun broke the ice, he’s the one who always speaks up. A habit he formed years ago.

 

“Chanyeol… do you remember the time you and your mother got to an argument because she doesn’t want our relationship? Because she thought I’m ruining your future, I told you to believe in me that it was accident why she fell on the stairs, and you did. The night I found you crying beside Kyungsoo’s body, I told you to believe me that it was kyungsoo who stabbed himself because he realized he wasn’t being a good friend for not supporting our relation along with your mother and you did believe on me…”

 

Baekhyun paused and uncapped the bottle before spilling some of its contents on the marbled table.

 

“How ‘bout the time you called early in the morning telling me that my classmate chen died in a car accident minutes after leaving the bar where you fought, I told you to believe on me that it was the brakes that malfunctioned why he crashed and died, and of course you believe on me again. Because that’s what I told you, right?” chanyeol nodded in agreement. “But, do you remember when I made you believe that the reason why Kris shot himself is because Tao cheated on him. You did. How selfish you are chanyeol...”

 

“What are you talking about baekhyun?” confusion, and annoyance mixed in chanyeol’s tone.

 

“I made you believe in all those lies chanyeol!” baekhyun screamed startling chanyeol ‘causing him to land on his back

 

“B-baek, why are you screaming—?

 

“You listen to me Chanyeol! It is all your fault, everything what happened was not an accident! Do you want to know what the truth is!? You pushed your own mother on the stairs because she wasn’t being supportive on us and you thought in that way there’ll be no one who will go against us. But you were wrong because my own best friend, kyungsoo, wants me to leave you so you stabbed him the night that he and jongin are supposed to celebrate their anniversary. You stabbed him to death! And to get over with things, we decided to hit the bar to unwind ourselves, but Chen was there. You saw him drugged my drink so you send someone to remove the brake of his car then you made a scene so that we’ll be force to leave the bar. I witnessed all of that!” baekhyun screamed that made his throat ache.

 

“N-no, baek stop—

 

“And then Kris, your own best friend whom treated you like his own brother… he was the one who found me when I was about to shoot myself in the head because I can’t keep up with your bull anymore! Then you found the two of us and you immediately thought I was cheating on you, so you shot him…” baekhyun grabbed chanyeol’s hands, “You did all of those using these…” 

 

“No! No! That’s not true! Stop!”

 

“Look at me chanyeol! Look at me!” baekhyun wrapped chanyeol’s hands around his neck, “W-what are you d-d-doing baekhyun!?” chanyeol asked in panic.

 

“Do you want to reenact what happened that night?” baekhyun asked darkly and chanyeol shook his head vigorously not wanting to remember the scene that haunted him for countless nights.

 

“No, stop…” chanyeol could only choke a sob, baekhyun made chanyeol’s hands grip tighter. “Just like that, do you want to see the face I was making when I was gasping for air?”

 

“No… let me go baek…”

 

“Let you go!? Did you let me go when I was screaming in agony because you were slowly killing me by doing things against my will!? Did you let me go when my faint sobs are the only thing you hear every time you make me swallow those drugs, those drugs that ed up our relationship!? My pleas when I told you to let me go because I don’t want to be in a sick relationship anymore, did you let me go!?”

 

Baekhyun kept on screaming and chanyeol only know one way how to make him stop. Because he can’t hurt him no more. Chanyeol grabbed the bottle before crawling in the corner of the room. Baekhyun’s now crying, and he wants to make it stop. And it scared him when baekhyun inched towards him.

 

“Please baekhyun, stop! I didn’t mean to kill you!”

 

 

 

“You told me that you only believe in me. Then why won’t you believe in me now that you killed me!? Why won’t you believe on me right now that all of these are just hallucinations of yours because you can’t let go!? And that baekhyun standing in front of you is your own conscience!? I was made by your conscience, guilt, angered, and by your longing…” baekhyun’s gaze softened. “Why chanyeol? I thought you loved me? Then why are you holding those medicines? Didn’t you tell me that you hate those pills because it makes me go away? But why are you now taking them? Why are you now pushing me away!?”

 

 

 

Chanyeol wants everything to stop.

 

 

 

Chanyeol needed no doctors, nurses nor baekhyun to remind him to take his own medicine, because he emptied the bottle himself.

 

 

                        

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yay! Finally done, omfg.

I don’t know what to say about this fic.

It’s a little bit creepy for me, for me so idk for others

But I’ll be really happy if some will be creep out because of this.

Thank you for giving a shot to read this.

🐼🐻🐼

♛♛