A Youthful Custom

Rebellious Romance

 Ahhhhh it was finally the first weekend.  We made it through the first week of high school, and it was surprisingly easier that what I anticipated for, and now Woobin and I were finally free!!!!! for 2 days.. but we weren't going to let those 2 days go to waste, we were going to spend them as if they were our last.  You see, Woobin and I have a tradition, everytime we move up a grade; the first weekend of the entire school year, we celebrate like crazy...  Although we practically do this everyday.. that first weeked is a bit special...when we go a bit overboard.. and relieve all the stress we're going to go through during the school year ahead of time.  Which, is not very efficient, considering the fact that, we go relieve stress the minute we feel it.. but eh.. tradition is tradition right?  Anyways, I already had the whole day planned for the two of us.. and the list never changes...

I finally arrived at Woobin's house.. with the spare key I just entered the house and went straight to his room, hoping to see him all ready to go... but I just walked in on a snoozing Woobin sleeping on his bed with nothing but boxers on...

"YAH KIM WOOBIN!!! WAKE-UP!!!!" I yelled as I jumped on his bed...

"UHHHFFF!! What the hell man?! YOU LANDED ON MY PRIVATES!!! And it's Saturday~~ Let me sleep~~"

"Are you forgetting what this Saturday is..?" I asked..

"Pfftt NO!!!" he replied..

"Okay... then tell me, what is it.."

"Uh... you want to give me a hint?"

"Pfft.. I knew it.. it's the first weeked of the school year you bastard!!" I said as I hit him with his pillow..

"Ow! ow! ow! Okay! Okay!! I remember now!!! So just calm down!!!" 

"Aigoo, this idiot... just hurry up and get ready, we have a lot to do!!" I said as I headed to the corner of the room

"Fine... just calm down you bastard, No one wants to hear you yell this early in the morning..."  He said, and I threw his jeans and T-shirt.. 

"Just hurry.."

We were finally out of the house, and we headed out to do the first thing on the list.

1. Go to convienve store.

We grabbed our usual first weekend breakfast.. 2 rolls of kimbap, and 2 cups of ramyun, the same old flavors and the same old brands.. After we finished eating our breakfast, we grabbed a couple bags of chips and candy for later on and began the next thing on the list..

2. Play on our elementary school playground...

"You know the drill right..?"

"Ya..lets just do this..."

"3....2....1..."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" we both screamed as loud as we could

"Ahhhh finally~~ we have the playground to ourselves..." Woobin said..

"I call the swingset!!!" I yelled!! as I ran towards it..

"Okay that's so not fair, how come you always go on the swingset first... you never let me go first!!!" Woobin whined..

"Hey, we met because you wer on the swingset, so I think it's only fair, that for the rest of the time we're a duo, I should go first..."

"What?! that doesn't even make since..."

"Just shut up... be a gentleman and push me..."

"Ughhhh~~~ " he said as he started pushing me...

"GAHHHHHH!!! I missed this playground!!!" I yelled as the swing was going up in the air...

"Yaaaa we had a lot of fun of this playground remember??"

"AHAHHAHAHAHA Don't make me remember... it was way too funny..."

"Hey, remember when I saved you?" he asked..

"Pffft, what are you talking about..? you never saved me.. I always saved you.."

"Very first day of elementary school, the day we took over the playground from the third graders.." he said..

"Huh.. oh ya... I remember, when the third graders came and shoved me.. you shoved them back..."

"Yaaa... You have such an amazing friend Angie Lee... " he said with a smirk..

"Oh shut up you bastard.. geez.." I replied..

"Ohhh come one, I am pretty good to you if you think about it.. so come on.." 

"Come on what...?" I asked confused by his reply...

"Say thank you for being you friend..."

"Wow.. this bastard went crazy.." I said as I jumped out of the swing set...

"Lets go.."

"Go...? already.. I'll go if you say thank you.." 

"Fine.. come a little closer..." I said, and he slowly approached me... and Uhf!! I shoved him on the chest with my elbow.. "In your dreams!!" and I ran off...

"YAH!!!" and Woobin chased after me..

3. Go to the arcade

"You know, you should really take this out of the list..." Woobin said..

"What, why?? Tradition is tradition..."

"Ya.. but you tend to.. you know.."

"What? What do I tend to do?!" I asked.. furious

"Uhh... you lose a lot of money.. you go really hardcore here.." he said..

"Okay, where did you get that idea?!"

"You know what... whatever.."

We both started playing a couple games... and soon, an hour became two hours.. and that soon became three hours.. and soon...

"Yah Angie!! Let's go now, I'm starving!!!"

"Then, eat the potato chips we bought at the convenience store.."

"You think I didn't think of that, I ate it all~~ come on.. let's go.."

"Hey.. want to lend me 5 dollars..?"

"Oh god.. let me guess, you spent all your money with you tokens, and used it all up on this stupid crane game again.. right?"

"I really want that hipster kitty stuffie though..." I replied.. not even staring at him once..

"Aigooo Angie Lee.. out of all the girls out there, I never thought you would want a stuffed animal..."

"Shut up you bastard, and just lend me 5 dollars.."

"Okay, you know what, I think it's time we go out for our usual lunch don't you think?"

"Noooo I didn't win that stuffie yet~~~" I whined..

"Let's go Angie" Woobin said as he grabbed my waist and put me over his shoulder.. "This, was exactly what I meant before we went inside, you're addicted to the crane game..."

"Yah!!! let me go!!!" I yelled

"Stop moving you bastard, I might drop you..." he replied casually..

"But I want that hipster cat stuffie~~!!!"  I yelled even louder...

"You can get it tomorrow.. let's just go eat, I'm starving, it'll be my treat.." he said.. nd he carried me all the wy there...

4. Grab lunch at Jjajjangmyun House

We went to our usual Jjajjangmyun House and ordered our usual.. 2 Jjajjangmyuns and one fried beef with sauce on the side..

"Let's go back to the arcade after we eat, I want that hipster cat"

"Are you kidding me?! NO!! I don't understand why you don't just buy one that looks exactly like it.."

"It's a pride thing, you won't understand... I refuse to ruin my dignity over a stupi, old crane game..."

"Aigoo, this bastard is way in over her head..." he said as he shook his head side to side..

"Just eat you bastard.." I replied, and stuffed my face with the black bean noodles...

"Wow... this girl.. is... something.." he said.

5. Movie Marathon at Woobin's

After we finished eating, we headed to his house... and the rest of the day consisted of nothing but super hero movie marathons we watched together when we were little... We watched until we both ended up snoozing on the coach...and that was the end of our traditional first weekend special.. the Woobin/Angie Duo was never going to grow up... almost 10 years of this, and we're never tired of it...