Chapter 1

T h e R e d E y e s [Editing and Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Hyuna's POV.

 

My curtains were flapping swiftly because the cold wind came through my opened windows. I arrived last night after a long flight from Finland to Seoul. My only older brother, Baekhyun wanted me to move here as I lived in Finland with my guardian fofour four years. I never expected to enter this country again, but here I was now. Our parents got divorced years ago, and we lived separately in our way. Honestly, I didn't know where were my dad and my mom now, Baekhyun didn't want me to look for them. He is firmly against the idea of meeting them. After I got into a big accident that I can't remember when I was 14 years old, I was always weak and got sick quickly. Baekhyun sent me to Finland with my guardian to receive treatment, the he lived in Seoul alone.

I took a glance outside, it was so windy and cloudy. Maybe it will rain soon. I felt sore as I stretched and looked at the wall clock—6:58 AM. I dragged my body downstairs. I saw Baekhyun sleeping on the couch, and the TV was still on. I entered the kitchen and sat down, staring at my ringing phone. 

“Why don’t you answer the phone?" 

I looked up and my guardian entered the room. Lee Soohyuk, a handsomely tall figure. His black hair matched his pale skin. When he was talking, his deep voice was calming as his personality. He was always calm in every situation. Understanding, charming and wise. A perfect man. I definitely would fall in love with him if he weren't my guardian. His job was to take care of any matter that related to me and, or my brother.  

"It's not important," I replied shortly.

"What would you like for breakfast?” He asked.

"Anything, but I want strawberry milk."

He nodded and opened the refrigerator. He took out a carton of strawberry milk and placed it before me. He took out a slice of bread and spread some butter on it.

"Did you sleep well last night?” He asked.

"Yeah, you must be tired, unpacking all alone and organizing all around the house by yourself, oppa." I said as I took the milk.

"It's not as tiring as you think.” He smiled.  

He came first to Seoul two months ago to prepare everything. Baekhyun was very detailed about what he wanted about the house, so Soohyuk worked hard to remodel the home.

“That's why I told you to move in when everything is done. You would be insisting on helping me. I don't want you to get sick again. You can't get too tired, Hyuna.” He placed the bread in front of me. I took the strawberry jam and spread it on top of the butter spread. “So, do you like the house?” Baekhyun chose this house, even the furniture himself."

"It's nice.” I looked around the house briefly last night. The house wasn’t too big but not small either. It was perfect. “The house is kind of old but the furniture is new, like the neo-classic style? Sometimes I feel like Baekhyun is an old soul trapped in a young boy." I laughed.

"I know what you mean. What's your plan for today?"

"Sleep, the jetlag is killing me." I joked.

"Sure." This time, Soohyuk took out an apple from the refrigerator and started peeling it. "We can go out in the evening."  

I shook my head, and he let out a sigh. I was not particularly eager to go out. I preferred to stay at home and read books, watch movies, or listen to music. I was introverted, the opposite of my brother. Baekhyun was extrovert and easygoing. He loved to go out.

Baekhyun just came in with his sleepy face and messy hair. He sat beside me, and Soohyun shoved a plate of sliced apples before him.

"Let's go outside," Baekhyun said. "We can dine out and look around the town. You will like it."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter