001

The Waiting Seasons

Author's Pov

It was a typical day; wake up, breakfast, school, work, home, dinner, sleep. A typical day without him.

It's been two years since Luhan left, and EunAe could still not get out of the misery. She felt empty and dull and lifeless without the smiles and warmness of the male. She missed his hugs, kisses, cheesy words that would make her smile,.. Everything about him.

The girl rubbed her thumb against Luhan's face on the folded photo of the two. That photo was taken on their first Valentine's Day, when Luhan won the girl a huge, pink teddy bear in Lotte World. That was also the day when the girl had her first kiss — their first kiss. She almost smiled when the memory of Tao, Kris, Chen, Xiumin, and Lay, Luhan's bestfriends, shut their eyes closed at the scene, giving the couple a little 'privacy'.

Of course, those were all just memories — memories that were carved into the girl's brain for forever; memories that she valued so much. Many times, she would force herself to forget them, but it ended up so painful that she eventually gave up. The pain was as if the memories were part of her brain, and taking them out would be parting her brain.

EunAe climbed onto her bed, and did not pull up the covers since she thought it would be too warm. She layed flat on her pillow, eyes starring blankly at the white wall. She felt she's missing something.

Oh. Of course, how could she forget to turn off the lights? 

The girl climbed out of bed, walked over to the wall where the button is located, and pressed gently on it, making herself in complete darkness. Blindly, the girl slowly got back, and soon fell asleep.

 

"EunAe!" ChoHee's loud voice startled EunAe, who was studying pages of notes for the upcoming test. 

"Yes?" EunAe asked, staring at the panting ChoHee. Should I tell her? ChoHee thought. I should. Just as ChoHee opened to speak, the kingas, Exo, entered, causing the girls to squeal. Maybe later. "Good morning," ChoHee said instead.

"Good morning," EunAe replied and went back to her studyings, sensing that ChoHee has some words she would like to tell her. But being as lucky as ChoHee was, the kingas have just decided to enter the room that exact moment. 

 

The bell signaling lunch finally rung, earning a curse from the teacher and wide smiles along with some "yes!" from the students. 

"Don't forget about the essay due tomorrow!" The teacher reminded, but of course, no students listened.

The students rushed out of the little classroom, and ChoHee and EunAe were the last ones to leave.

"Did you have something to tell me?" EunAe asked as she and ChoHee walked down the hallway, to the cafeteria.

"Oh, yeah," ChoHee's eyes immediately lit up. She turned to her best friend, and an uncontrolled smile plattered onto her face. "Kai asked me to prom!"

Kai? If EunAe wasn't mistaken, wasn't Kai one of the kingas? And most of all, the big playboy? She've heard rumors about the male dating every single girl in the school except for her and ChoHee, and now possibly only herself. And why would he ask ChoHee right now when prom is two months away?

"EunAe?" ChoHee called out. But the said girl was too deep into her thoughts to hear anything. "EunAe!?" She tried again, raising her voice a little louder. Still, no response. It was as if EunAe was in a world of her own. "KIM EUNAE!" ChoHee shouted, not only letting the girl hear her but startling her as well. "Yes?" EunAe asked, completely lost.

"Aren't you happy for me?" ChoHee asked with puppy eyes. The question was more like asking for approval from her. Hesitatly, EunAe nodded her head twice. She lied. She wasn't exactly happy for ChoHee. Truth to be told, she doesn't want her bestfriend to have anything to do with the kingas. She knew that ChoHee was too innocent to understand the fact that Kai's just playing with her. But seeing her in such a jolly mood, EunAe decided to not spoil it.

Although she did not want ChoHee to get hurt, she knew that if she said what she thinks, it would only upset the girl. She thought that maybe if ChoHee could experience it herself, she would really understand how guys are.

 


Tadaaa~~ first chapter 

I hope that you've enjoyed it! Sorry thst its so short >_<

I was also wondering if I should open a graphics shop, just for fun. I made the poster for this story myself XD TBH I don't really like it but before I make another one, I'll just use that one.

DAILY EXO FACT