4 - You are the one.

Letters to Miss Independent

/4/

Yoona:

I pointed LeeTeuk out. SeoHyun looked at Yonghwa and LeeTeuk.

"What's the matter?", asked SeoHyun and Yuri.

I couldn't answer them. I know they can't understand immediately. Jessica noticed my reaction and looked around.

"Yonghwa! Eeteuk-oppa!", Jessica said as she stood up and went to the two.

Wait. Jessica knows him? Yonghwa, too? Who is he anyway? Why is he here in our school? Jessica brought the two to our table.

"Girls! Allow me to introduce Park LeeTeuk, a family friend.", Jessica said with a smile.

FAMILY FRIEND? Oh my god, Yoona. It seems like the world is getting small. The girls started shaking his hand while I didn't bother to stand up and welcome him. LeeTeuk finally noticed me.

"Im YoonA, right?", LeeTeuk said to me.

"Huh? Yes, yes. It's me. The girl you encountered at the convenient store.", I told him as I scratched my head and shook his hand.

The rest of the group looked at us because LeeTeuk can't take his eyes off me.

"You know each other?", SooYoung asked.

"Sort of.", I answered.

Yonghwa and LeeTeuk took a seat. LeeTeuk sat next to me. My heart skipped a beat.

LeeTeuk:

Finally! I made my way to find this girl. Think, LeeTeuk. You should talk to her. Don't waste your time. 

"Ummm, Yoona.", I called her.

I got nervous when I called her. Actually, I don't know what topic to open. 

"How old are you?", I asked her.

That's a very ridiculous question. I have no other question in my mind.

"Sixteen.", she answered.

She's so young! I'm 4 years older than her. 

"I'm 20 years old.", I told her.

"College, right?"

"Yes. I'm taking up something for enterpreneurship. Actually, I don't like that course but I need to take it."

"Hmmm? Why is that so?"

"Dad's a business man. He's got a big company to pass for his children. My older sister can't do it. And of course, like other dads do, they choose the male one."

"I see. But you're lucky."

"No. My life's been dictated by my Dad."

Now that was too straight. I shouldn't say these kind of things. This might discourage her.

"How about you? Tell me something about yourself.", I said.

"I'm a popular girl here in school. But I don't like it. Teachers always pick me for contests. It . But I'm happy when I spend time with my loved ones.", she told me.

I talked with her for some time. I asked her about her family, studies and favorites. I asked for her contact number,too. We're friends already.

It was time to go home. I thanked Yonghwa so much.

"Thank You, Yong! You're a great guy."

"Shut up. I can't ignore a friend's request, you know.", Yonghwa said.