one seven.

Indispensable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yifan paced around the room, stealing few glances at his sister's reflection while Victoria fixed her make-up.

"Alright, it's done." Victoria said, smiling faintly. "I probably should get going, my shift will start soon."

The honey brown head gave a curt nod to the former as she left the room. He walked up to his sister afterwards and turned her chair around to face him.

"Seohun-ah." he called, hoping the latter would look up and face him. Instead, she kept her eyes strained onto her laps.

He sighed and lifted her head by her chin with his thumb and forefinger. Her eyes welled with tears that threatened to fall.

"He's gone." she choked. "He's really gone."

Yifan went down on one leg and cupped the other's cheeks, "He waited eight years Seohun, and thought that he finally had a chance," he said, brushing away the hot saline tears. "This is a huge blow for him, give him some time to heal, okay?"

His sister dabbed away her own tears, being careful not to smudge her eye-liner. Thankfully, Victoria used a waterproof type. She stood and looked into the mirror again, making sure that there were no traces of tear tracks.

"We should go," she said, forcing a smile. "Our relatives are waiting."

Seohun twisted the knob, but Yifan grabbed onto her shoulder, preventing her from leaving the room.

"If you can't face anyone right now, you don't need to."

The brunette turned to him and beamed slightly, "I'll be fine, plus, it would be quite disrespectful to leave them just like that." she shrugged. "Maybe this will be the last time I'll be seeing them.."

Her brother let out a raspy breath and concurred to her decision silently.

Tonight, may be the last night.

 

 

~"~

 

"Can't we let her sleep here for tonight? Just for tonight." Yifan asked, pleaded even, with his stepfather and Seohun's in-laws. He didn't bother asking for Kai's permission, even if he was the husband.

The subject of conversation was already fast asleep in her own bedroom after consuming her pills. Of course, everyone else thought that she was just lethargic due to such an event.

"Well, I don't think it's appropriate." Mrs. Kim pursed her lips. "It's their wedding night, then again-"

"I promise - just for tonight. And nobody will know about this." Yifan assured. "Really."

Mr. and Mrs. Kim looked at their son who had a stoic expression on his face. "Is it okay with you, Kai?"

Taemin's eyes darted to and fro from his parents and his brother. "I think it should be fine, right Kai?" he said, squeezing Kai's knee. "It's just for tonight anyway."

Kai frowned and rolled his eyes. "Whatever." he muttered before getting up and bowing to his in-laws, his father in-law mostly. "We'll be off then. Tae, let's go."

Mr. and Mrs. Kim, too, got up - with Yifan and Jinhyuk following their actions seconds afterwards.

"I'm really sorry for the trouble caused." Jinhyuk apologised.

Mrs. Kim shook her head, "No, we understand. She must've been so tired." she uttered, frowning sympathetically. "We'll pick her up, tomorrow morning at half past ten."

Mr. Kim patted Jinhyuk's back twice and left the house with his wife. The honey brown head politely waited until they drove off, before shutting the door.

"I think you'd be able to speak with your sister, wouldn't you?" Jinhyuk inquired with a smile on his face. Yifan creased his brows when there were no signs of mockery

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter