Colorful

Love Light

 

The flashing pink lights. 

 

The loud music. 

 

The pink lightsticks glowing in the air. 

 

The loud, loving fanchants. 

 

I, Lim Yoona, know that there can never be any other place in the world I would rather be in. Than here with my eight sisters, and   the thousands of people who've believed in us. 

 

This is home. 

 

"Let's do this," Taeyeon mutters under her breath. Even when her voice is so soft you can barely hear it, there's something about the way it carries around the stage, and the rest of So Nyuh Shi Dae nod, grinning. 

 

I think it's a leader thing. 

 

'Listen boy..' Tiffany begins. 'My first love story...'  

Smoke bursts out from the sides of the stage. The Sones cheer. 

 

Forget everything else. Forget the times when I trip on things, or when I fight with one of the sisters, or when we lose an award. 

 

Nothing else matters except this. 

My life is perfect. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

The moment we get to the dorms, I dive onto the sofa. 

 

"That was freaking DAEBAK!!!!!" I yell. 

 

Everyone laughs in agreement, still flushed by the energy of the night. 

 

"Ooh, look guys!" Hyoyeon gasps exaggeratedly. "Yoona is lying down!" 

Sooyoung grins evilly. "Let's go, guys?" 

Jessica, Yuri, Taeyeon, Sunny, Seohyun, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and Tiffany all rush forward and begin attacking me with tickles. 

 

"YAHHH! YAHHH! OI!!!!!!!" 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Why did we decide to g-g-gooo ooouttttttt agggggggaaaiinn?" Yuri slurs. As she speaks, she topples slightly to the side, and we see the alcohol pour down her shirt. 

Leader Taeyeon giggles, just as deranged as the rest of us at this point.

"Awww, we went out beccauuuse... um.." Tiffany pauses, pondering the answer. "Eh.... eh... I think it was something like... ion??" 

Seohyun giggles. "Not that, you green-minded unnie. It was... it was for..." 

What was it? 

Why did we go out? What exactly brought us to this dark, deserted alley near our dorms, why are we out here having the time of our lives? 

 

C- C- C-

"Celebration!" I yell out triumphantly. "That's why we came here!" 

Everyone crowds around me, bottles still in their hands. 

"Yayy!" Hyoyeon cries. "Yoona knows why we went out~!"

"She's a genius!" Sooyoung shouts. 

Everyone then begins to raise me up on their shoulders with the sort of reverence only severely wasted people like us right now can have. 

"Wooh!" I cry, "I'M A GENIUS!" Below me, I hear the merry clinking of beer bottles. 

"YES YOU ARE!" Everyone cries out. 

 

We all cheer loudly. 

 

 

I press my fingers down on the G cord and strum. 

 

No, no, no. The sound is all wrong. 

 

Just like my life. 

 

Our band is falling apart. If you can still call us a band, we, the four boys who don't know each other anymore. 

 

Not anymore, at least. 

 

I should have known  this would happen. Nothing in my life had ever been truly permanent: not my parents, not my home, not the number of meals I took everyday... not even the band. Good things never lasted, and it had been stupid of me to believe that. 

 

I turn back to my guitar and strum again. 

 

And groan. 

 

This sound... this sound is so wrong. I play the beginning of the song again, trying to understand what I could possibly do. 

 

"Try A Minor, oppa." 

 

I follow the voice unconsciously, strumming A Minor. 

 

It sounds perfect. 

 

I turn towards the voice and find a tall, thin girl staring back at me. She's squatted on the floor, staring at my guitar as though it's the first time she's ever seen one. 

 

She looks colorful, too. Not just the clothes. There's a sparkle in her eyes, so bright that even as she's simply squatting on the pavement, it seems to me like what she's doing is the most important thing in the world. 
 

You can tell she's been happy. From the way she stares so excitedly, so openly, at me, you can tell: she's never been truly hurt. 

Or maybe if she has: she's too colorful to let the anger turn her to dull gray. 

There's so many adjectives to describe her. Tall, thin, pretty, happy. But for some reason, I can only think of one word: colorful. 

This girl is colorful. 

 

"That sounded great!" She tells me. "Can I hear the rest of it?" 

 

"I- I- umm.. uh sure. It's - it's not really finished. Not really." 

 

I'm stumbling over my words. I've never met anyone who has spoken to me so comfortably, so trustingly in this short period of time. 

 

The girl grins. "It's okay." She settles down onto the pavement and looks expectantly at me with her big, sparkling eyes. 

 

When after a few moments I haven't gathered up the courage to start strumming, she nudges me gently, grinning. "It's okay. I won't laugh or anything. Not much people even know I play the guitar." 

 

"Actually," she adds thoughtfully, "Nobody knows." 

 

"So come on, play!" She grins encouragingly.

 

And I do. 

 

"It sounds beautiful!" She tells me. "Do you compose sad songs all the time?" 

 

"Uh... sort of." 

 

"Yeah, I thought so." She smiles yet again, and suddenly deciding she's become comfortable with me, she leans back on the wall and sits down next to me. 

 

"I think you're tired of being sad." She tells me, her big, doe eyes looking seriously at me. "I think you've been sad all your life, that you've never really been happy for long, and somewhere really, really deep inside of you, you want to be happy for more than a few moments. For once, you know.  

"And I think you should let yourself." She smiles again, but for some reason, I know I'll never get tired of that smile no matter how many times I see it. 

 

I don't know how she's seen so deep inside of me. But I do know that maybe... maybe she's right. 

But, let myself be happy? To be let down again? 

No. 

But maybe if I tried... 

We sit there for a while, me thinking of her words, her.... well, I couldn't possibly know what was going on in her mind. It seemd to me that her mind was always changing, always discovering, and that I would never really be able to read her. 

"I should go now," she says finally. "My unnies are waiting." 

She starts walking away. 

Suddenly, I feel the urge to reach out. To go to her and tell her to come back here sometime. Next week, the week after, hell, TOMORROW. 

But as usual, I can never really say what I want to say. 

"Wait!" I cry. 

She turns to me, surprised. 

"I'm Lee Jonghyun." 

Her face breaks out into a smile (had I really seen it so many times already? Each smile felt like the first...). "Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Jonghyun. Lim Yoona imnida." 

 

 

 

 

So yeah... finally! I update on this story!!!! xD So what do you guys think of the first chap??? Comment, guyss!!!! xD Thanks to all the subscribers and commenters: 

sujugenftw

rushpynatchocolate

melodyoona7

rainmiskioz

pinkdot121424

and soshiyuri!!!! ^_^ you should check out her stories, guys! and be sure to stalk her if you want some awesome minyul gifs and awesome quotes!!! Love ya, Shubs!! ^_^ 

 

Again, comment, guys!!! Haha. What do you think of the first chap? I swear, I love comments. :DDDD