end.

The Meaning of Your Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one night of July, 2014. The date I cannot remember. Only the words that were spoken have chosen to be engraved on my mind forever.

Even though it was the middle of summer, the night was cool. As the bright sun went to sleep, it took the scorching heat with it, and gave the moon a chance to shine and breathe. I observed the shining moon as I stood at my window and sighed as I ran my eyes across the scattered stars across the sky, leaning against the windowsill. I felt as if my body had became hollow, somehow, but I continued to look at the sky nonetheless.

"Come to bed," a soft voice called out alluringly, "you'll catch a cold."

As if on cue, a slight, cool breeze rustled through the windows and caressed my skin, leaving goosebumps as I was scantily dressed in just a tanktop and pajama shorts. 

I threw a gaze at the figure on the bed and grinned wryly, "Funny how we can still say that in summer." I shut the window before crawling onto the bed besides him.

I heard a rustling as he moved to reposition himself so he could face me, and I could scarcely make out his features that were illuminated by the moon. 

Sehun. My boyfriend of 9 months. Someone who was too good to be true. In our relationship, we weren't too caught up with the idea of "romance", but such ideas of romance were proved unnecessary. We loved each other; that was enough. Our relationship was comfortable, innocent, reliable, and respectable. And never have we taken a step further than sleeping on the same bed and cuddling, that much intimacy was enough to show our love. Our relationship did not have to revolve around satisfying each other's ual desires, and I treasured that. 

I took a moment to take in his features again, as if I had not done this countless times before. I reached out to brush his hair out of his face and traced his arched and slightly bushy eyebrows, his tall and slender nose, his perfectly slim jawline, his thin yet soft lips, and his smooth, fleshy cheeks. My eyes gazed at him with an endearing expression and I swelled with content.

"So how was your day?" his soft voice inquired, as he reached up to twirl my hair. 

I shrugged, as if he could see me. "It was alright for the most part, but some customers at my workplace today were downright awful." I frowned at the thought and he chuckled before asking, "What did they do this time?"

"Let's just say that they could use some extra manners," I said while blowing a raspberry. I shook the thought aside before questioning gently, "And how about you? How did your day go?"

"My day was awesome! I had a great breakfast, great lunch, and great dinner, thanks to you, babe," he said. I'm was almost positive that he winked after he said that. I rolled my eyes with a smile, "You're very welcome. What else though?"

He pondered for a while, then exclaimed, "I think I might be getting a promotion! My boss seems really satisfied with my work lately, and he told me to keep it up," he momentarily shuddered, "The first day I met him I literally thought I was going to piss my pants. He was hella scary."

I snorted slightly, "Yeah, i remember. You poor baby, you were as white as a sheet when you came home." I snickered at the memory and Sehun laughed along too. "Yeah, yeah. But you want to know what the best part of my day was?"

"What?"

"Getting to cuddle with you." He inched closer and sneaked his arms and legs around me before squeezing me tightly. I laughed and squirmed around for a while, but decided to just stop resisting and snuggle into his grasp. He chuckled against my hair, "Can't escape me babe."

"Wasn't planning to," I retorted.

He loosened his grip and untangled himself from me, and decided to just pet and play with my hair. I grabbed my phone besids my head and quickly shuffled through my social networks before landing on tumblr, sharing funny images with Sehun and laughing about them together. I scrolled through the dark side of tumblr by myself and frowned as I saw posts I could emphasize with, and sighed to get rid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter