Your Eyes, Nose, Lips..

Painting Her Beauty

Your Eyes, Nose, Lips..

BGM : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWkiu9ANcEo

 

"With your pretty red lips
please hurry, kill me and go.
I’m all right."

- Taeyang (Eyes, Nose, Lips) -

 

 

Jung Yonghwa was dubbed as a genius painter by art collectors for his extreme sense of nuance and vividness of his painting subjects because he wanted to capture every single moment that he could fearing that it might slipped away. He deeply wanted to revive something inside of him that was capable of falling in love hopelessly without any kind of logic to it.

Yonghwa sat down on his wooden chair slowly, producing a piercing ‘creek’ sound. He positioned his precious brush, charcoals and his oil paint colours at the side of his bench. He adjusted the easel to stand right in front of him just nicely around his height as it supported the canvas that he would be using to paint. He stared dreamily at the open window pane beside him as the breeze softly blew his body with the curtain started to fly along with the wind.

‘It’s good to see after all..’ He curved into a gentle smile, feeling grateful for getting a new chance in life with a new set of eyes.

“Uhm.. this is Jung Yonghwa’s room right?” A pretty girl peeked through the door reluctantly, clearly not comfortable in interrupting his reverie. That girl name is Yoona, he knows her because his friend has been crushing on her for years.

“Yes.” Yonghwa nodded.

“I told you so! The professor requested you, you better come in right now.” The girl scolded her friend animatedly outside leaving the door slightly open just enough for him to hear their voices.

“It’s embarrassing..” The friend of the girl whined, protesting over the pretty girl insistence but there just something in her voice that felt familiar. A few lines of wrinkles were seen on his forehead grew when a sudden shriek was heard due to Yoona pushing her into the room.

“There you go!” Yoona dusted away the non-existent dust on her hands as she brushed both of her hands together.

“Unnie..” The young girl whined to Yoona yet again, her face still wasn’t visible from his eye sight. He could only see the side of her face who was clearly trying to mumble some incoherent words to her unnie. He wanted to examine his model for the painting more but not wanting to do so without her permission so he just continued on mixing his oil colours together to produce black and brown. Ignoring, the bickering duo standing at the door.

“I don’t want to meet him yet, I didn’t know how to tell him okay?” Seohyun whispered nervously at her unnie right ear.

“I’ll go first.. you better do whatever the painter instructed you to do okay?” Yoona winked at the younger girl, ignoring her words.

“Don’t put it that way.. The way you make it sound is so wrong unnie!” The young girl huffed in annoyance at the faded back view of Yoona before closing the door of the room.

“Uhh..” Seohyun fidgeted in front of the door not knowing how to greet him.

“What’s your name?” Yonghwa asked nonchalantly as he bends down to grab his worn out grey t-shirt on the floor.

“Seohyun.” She answered shortly.

“That’s it?”

She nodded to his question, hoping that her mind will stop its overthinking mode.

He, who never took a second look at her, did not notice her nod and instead slipped off the t-shirt he was currently wearing in front of her. Ignoring the fact that a girl was inside the room. Seohyun blushed profusely at the sight as she covered her eyes not wanting to see more than she should.

“Why are you changing in front of me?” Seohyun shuts her eyes tightly.

“You’re my subject now, I’m just going to draw you and get it done with okay?” Yonghwa said with his expressionless face as he wore his worn out grey t-shirt on and sat down at the bench again.

“Why don’t you look at me?” She had dropped her hands to her sides as she desperately asked him a question.

“Hah?” Yonghwa was shocked with this girl sudden forthrightness because she was all afraid and shy before. He lifted his gaze to meet hers only to suddenly feel a deep plunge on his heart.

“Don’t you recognize me Yonghwa sshi?” Her voice cracked as she tried to mutter her courage in front of him. Her voice sounded silvery to his ears as her words seemingly flowing with rhymes.

“I might be.”

Yes, he might.. but he’s not sure whether she’s really who he thinks she is..

“But, uhmm Seohyun right? You came here to model for my painting right. So if you don’t mind may I examine you?”

Seohyun covered her body with her arms, feeling vulnerable out of sudden.

“I’m not a ert..Come here.” Yonghwa signaled for her to come closer as he was rechecking his charcoal pencil condition.

She was indulging herself with the sight of him as she was slightly smiling seeing he was engrossed in his hobby. Yes, why should she be afraid? He’s Jung Yonghwa, he won’t let harm befall her anyway... Somehow she managed to erase her reluctance and walked closer to him.

Yonghwa eyed her figure from top to bottom, nodding his head in approvement. She has the right height.. now he wanted to feel her face in order to draw her but his working face was blew off when she started to hum a familiar song.

No, it’s not a familiar song. It was her favourite song. It was Joohyun favourite song. His mouth was slightly parted as he tried to brush off the choked up feeling he was having right now. He convinced himself that her name was Seohyun so it wasn’t possible that she is Joohyun.

“Can you come..”

“Closer, right? I know.” Seohyun stopped his sentence halfway and complete the sentence herself. She was grinning as she dragged the wooden bench and left it right in front of him before sitting on it. Yonghwa was about to tell her to close her eyes but without he saying anything, she was already closing it. All that’s left was to touch her face.

He closed his eyes and let his hand roamed on her face. Her face was silky smooth, her nose was not that pointy but it has a right curve to it and her cheeks was soft with just a right amount of fat.. he stopped on his thoughts when he felt a sudden loss of oxygen and opened his eyes. He looked at her, scared. Not because he was scared of her, he was scared that he would eat her up right there and then. He looked at his hand that touched her face before, knowing fully well the feeling of touching it. It was the exact replica.. no he should not be sure yet.. He needed to feel it more. So he reached for it again and greedily, he felt her lips. It was plump like hers, so he withdrew it and kissed his finger that touch it and it was the same taste. It tasted like tomato.

She likes tomato too.

“Y-you..” Yonghwa stammered, trying to gather himself together.

“What am i?” She asked him, clearly amused.

“Joohyun?”

“Are you sure?” She arched her right eyebrow.

Suddenly he felt a sudden fear, this might just be his delusions.. maybe he was just finding something in her. Something in every girl that he sees and adjusted them to fit it into the Joohyun that he remembered.

Today we’ll grant your wish.. SNSD Tell me Your Wish song started to echo its way towards the ward in level 6 with male and female volunteers started to make way to patients that they were assigned too.

“Oh my… I think that guy will suit you Joohyun..” Hyoyeon ushered the girl to the patient bed with Joohyun totally oblivious of what’s happening aside from being weird out with her volunteer friends started to kiss the patient cheeks. Young kids to grandpas and grandmas..

“What are they doing unnie?” Joohyun asked the short girl.

“Today wish. They wanted to be love.. so that’s why we will grant them a hug and a kiss on the cheek.”

“MWOH?” Joohyun exclaimed.

“And you were assigned to that broody handsome dude, that 6 year old girl and the rocker halmeoni.”

“Annyeonghaeseyoo.” Seohyun greeted the broody guy chirpily only to be the receiving end of nothing. “I’m here to grant your wish..” She closed her eyes tightly.. hoping to get it done with fast, she leaned in to kiss the man focusing on his drawing cheek only to feel a sudden moist. Her eyes turned round when she realized she just kissed his lips! She jolted to the back, almost screaming with the sudden turn out.

“I-I..” Seohyun stuttered while the guy just stared at her speechless. “I was supposed to kiss your cheeks.”

“Is that so?” He asked. “I didn’t know that.” He mumbled.

“Of course, what kind of hospital policy would allow kissing on the lips.” She answered, aware that her cheeks are reddened even more so than the blusher she was wearing that day.

“You just ate a tomato?” He asked, amused.

“How do you know that?”

“It’s. well I tasted it.” He answered, feeling shy out all of sudden.

“My first kiss..” She mumbled, loud enough for Yonghwa to hear.

He could hear how her voice became more softer than before.. ‘ her eyes must be flooding with unshed tears now.’ He thought to himself and started to panic. For a girl, their first kiss is the most important one in their life.

“Uhm.. I really .. Uh.. I mean I was trying to find your position... I didn’t know that you were supposed to kiss me on the cheek. I mean.. Uh.. I can buy you ice cream to make it up to you.”

“Ice cream?” Her eyes started to beam. “Goguma ice cream?” She asked, her eyes were somewhat turning like the cat in Shrek.

“Uh.. your name?”

“Oh my.. where’s my manners. Hi. I’m Joohyun. The volunteer for today.” She bowed to the patient in front of her. “What’re you drawing there?” She asked politely.

“I don’t know..It’s not like I can see.” He answered predicting the conversation would stop there because the volunteer would start to feel guilty for their rudeness.

“You can imagine it right? You imagined what you’re drawing and draw it. I think the sense of purity in your imaginations would speak volumes to the person admiring your paintings.”

“You sure have your way with words. Joohyun sshi right?”

“Just Joohyun would be fine.”

“Everyone called you Joohyun?”

The girl nodded in response, her smile never faded from her face.

“I will call you Hyun then.” He showed his cheek bursting cheeks to the girl. “And you need to call me oppa now.”  

“Yong oppa?” She muttered shyly.

“So I’m a dragon oppa now.” He chuckled amusingly, looking at her side instead on her face.. She read the tag on the hospital bed.. feeling weird with his gazes that was never on hers. For the first time on that day, Yonghwa was grinning sheepishly and started to talk about the things he wanted to draw.

‘Jung Yonghwa.. 18.. Blind..’

She looked at him, trying to swallow back the tears that were threatening to come out.

Every day, she would stop by after school and visited the hospital along with her loud unnies. Hyoyeon and Sunny.

Seohyun was guiding Yonghwa through the pathway as they took a stroll on the hospital park.

“Uhm.. can I like hold hands with you?”

“Uh..”

“I mean, we need to .. you know.. I need to guide you..”

“O-Oh. Har.. har.har..” He started to laugh awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Of course.. but a man should initiate hand holding first.”

“Oh really?”

“Yep.” He bobbed his head up and down.

“You should initiate it first then.”

“Me, you see me as a man?”

“Of course I do..” She laughed at his question.

“You don’t see me as a blind man?”

“Blind man and a man.. is still a man oppa.” She brushed his weird question off and poke his hand with hers letting him know her hand positioned making it easier for him to grab it. He grabbed his hand and interlaced their fingers together.

“You have soft hand, Hyun.” He flashed his crook teeth smile.

 “What colour is the sky today Hyun~?”

“It’s bluish.. and uhm it’s free. It’s like it was an infinite entity.”

“Infinite entity?”

“Uhuh.”

“What is your face like?” Yonghwa suddenly asked Joohyun, causing the poor girl to stop her steps as a result of shock.

“Normal.”

“Aye~ I heard from Hyoyeon, some guys in your school has been courting you.”

“Well they might like me because of my personality.”

“Nice trick there but no, I heard that grandpa next bed to me calling you a pretty girl.”

“Well, how about you feel it yourself?” Seohyun lifted his hand and leveled it the same as her face. “You may touch my face, oppa.” Yonghwa started to pinch what he assumed her cheeks.. it was fluffy like cotton candy. He further felt her thick eyebrows and her cute shaped nose..His hand unconsciously felt her lips with his thumb causing the girl to freeze.

“O-oppa?” He can felt her lips moved.. and only then he realized what he was doing. Yonghwa retracted his hand, biting his lips. Mentally scolding himself for touching her there and dare to think to kiss her again. Joohyun must be shocked.. He needed to brush this awkward atmosphere somehow.

“Well, I was thinking you must be a lucky girl to be able to kiss a handsome man like me.” He laughed cheekily, feeling proud of himself for evading the worst situation that might occur. But his teasing only caused the Joohyun to fume in annoyance.. Her nose was flaring.

“So, handsome oppa. I’m not that pretty right?”

“Pfft.. you’re pretty. You just wanted oppa to feel your face.”

“Of course.. how would you recognize me if you’re about to get your eyesight again?”

“Well, how about you be the first girl that oppa sees that day.”

“I don’t think I can.”

“Waeyoo?”

“I’m moving to Seoul.”

It has always been dark for Yonghwa.. but that day, he felt the world around him grew darker than usual. He felt his world was crushing through.. and he wondered. What is this feeling? The feeling of a sudden emptiness in his heart.. A feeling that was bittering and painful.

Seohyun waved her hand in front of his eyes, trying to get his attention. His mind was clearly diverted elsewhere.

“Yonghwa sshi?”

“A-Ah ne.. Where are we at just now?”

“You’re saying that I’m just like Joohyun?”

“Oh nevermind. It’s just some girl from my past.” Yonghwa looked at her suspiciously as he studied her intently. “Please don’t move.” He warned the girl as she sat on the bench. He quickly raised his charcoal pencil to the air, estimating the size before starting to draw her. The way her hair cascaded just right below her shoulder.. He has always been a talented painter but to draw her.. it’s much more easier and inspiring than anything he ever did.

“Are you single?” Yonghwa asked her without any hesitation on his face.

“Not sure..”

“You are then.”

“Well are you single then Yonghwa sshi?”

“Definitely am.” Yonghwa eyes showed a hint of mischievousness. “And I’m glad you’re available too. Don’t you think two single gorgeous people would be great together?”

“Well you have that Joohyun girl right?” Seohyun was clearly trying to test him.

“She’s a crush of mine.. but if it doesn’t sound too pathetic, I think she’s the one.” Yonghwa was staring at her intently. It was like he was trying to read her mind. His intense eyes were digging his way into her.  “I won’t touch any other girl face than her.. too.” Seohyun eyes widened, looking like it was about to bulge out. Her heart was hammering like crazy. His words are sending her stomach into a somersault.

He smirked seeing her reaction.

“So, why did you touch my face before? Because I’m not Joohyun.”

“What’s your birthdate?”

“28 June 1991.” Yonghwa answered simultaneously with Seohyun.

“Who’s your idol?”

“Ban Ki Moon.” Yonghwa yet again, helped her answered his question.

He smiled smugly before asking her another question. “What’s your full name?”

“Seo Joohyun.”

“It’s a beautiful name but I prefer Hyun~” He winked.

“You knew?” Seohyun stood up, her eyes were swelling with tears.

“I know right at the moment you open your mouth to talk.. and when you came in and started to fire me with questions I’m beginning to think that I’m not dreaming.. and when I touched your face. My heart started to beat wildly. You don’t know how much I wanted to meet you again.” He answered as he withdrew a paper from the locker behind him and showed it to her.

“My mind was comparing you with her..”

Seohyun grabbed the paper and gapped. It was the exact same replica of her.. with the exception of her dark black hair which was brown now.. and her eyebrows were shaped differently before. It was thinner and edgier now.

“I’m not sure.. that’s why I was asking you that question.”

“I-I..” Seohyun stammered but not for long as he grabbed her slender body and wrapped his arms around her waist. “I miss you..” He whispered huskily to her right ear. “Don’t you dare play me around like that again.” He warned, as his arms drabbed around her waist.. tighter than before. “And don’t you dare leave me again.”

“I won’t..”

“Why?”

“You stole my first kiss oppa. You must take responsibility.”

“Be my girlfriend then.”

Seohyun suddenly pushed Yonghwa away from her as she hopped her way out of the room.

“Hey?” Yonghwa took a step away trying to grab Seohyun’s hand.

“We’ll see.” Her luscious red lips curved into a naughty smile leaving the lovestruck painter staring at her retreating back. Her gorgeous back view. It could be on his next art piece for sure.

 

 

 

Author's Note

This was supposed to be a quite sad story but i erased the initial draft and replaced it because even i who wrote it felt.. Uhh drained? LOL So i got it a whole new look. haha.

Oh my dear readers.. i know i'm such a teaser but i don't think i will do any epilogue so feel free to not press the subscribe button. But comment or even upvote is always welcome.

Guys.. Try to check this fic out. She's the author of this awesome fic 'My Guardian Angel', a really different idea than the norm Yongseo story. It's too bad the comment was so lacking there.. She needs a co-author too. It deserves a lot of love. Please drop by some of your brilliant comment there. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/298843
She wrote a new fic too. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/788205/one-shot-trilogy-yongseo Do left your traces, that's how you can make some of YS writers to stay and maybe update faster. ^^

I trust you to check it out when you have the time because i saw some of comment-ers in the last fic that i recommend. You guys are the best!