I knew it all.

Silent Flips of the Heart

Donghae had always admired the other man, watching him in silence, with every move made by him being the cause of those little flips his heart was having.

It may be cheesy, or too corny, and he may seem like a high-school girl fantasizing over a petite and delicate man dancing in one of the school's dance room but he couldn't care less. He used to say that "He wasn't my type," or "How would I be able to like a guy?" but Donghae, was sometimes starting to question himself and complaining that he's having an identity crisis.

“He’ll melt if you continue to stare,” He flinched when he heard a familiar voice spoke suddenly while he’s watching the other dance gracefully, completely unaware of his presence.

Donghae glared at the intruder. “I’m just observing if he dances well. I heard that he wanted to join the dance club, so he practices here every day. I just want to make sure if he’s qualified.” He stood up, ready to leave the almost empty dance room.

“I don’t believe you. The way you ‘observe’ him, or should I say, look and stare at him, it seems like you’re in love with him.”

“Shut up, Cho Kyuhyun. He is not my type.”

“Okay?” Kyuhyun said, his voice hinted with mockery. He draped an arm around Donghae’s shoulder as he caught up to him, leaving their school’s dance room.

“But seriously, I know you like him.”

Donghae groaned. “Suit yourself!” He shrugged Kyuhyun’s arm off rather harshly, and Kyuhyun just laughed at him.

--

Donghae had always silently watched him from the other side of the room while he practices. In fact, it became Donghae’s habit, that every time his last subject ends, he heads straight to the dance room just to watch him dance to his favourite song. He even rejected Kyuhyun’s offer for a few rounds of Star Craft, Eunhyuk’s invitation for a sleep over together with their friends, and Sungmin’s offer for a study session which he never did before.

He’s improving, and he’s becoming impressive. He thought. He continued to watch him every time, and to be honest, if he’s going to be asked, he can say that he admires the other so much. He doesn’t know what he’s feeling. Maybe it was adoration, admiration… or maybe liking? Or maybe… just maybe… love at first sight?

No, that’s too cheesy. And Donghae was never romantic.

--

On the sixth time of his staring session, the man noticed him for the first time... or maybe not.

“Hi!” Donghae’s eyes went wide when he noticed the man whom he secretly ‘likes’ went out of the dance room so suddenly, with a wide grin on his face, his high cheekbones showing up as he smiles. Beautiful, he silently thought.

He released a deep breath that he didn’t realize he’s holding for quite a while, eyes darting through the man’s features, his mouth opened agape. “Oh… H-hi,” He stammered which is slightly embarrassing.

He heard a soft chuckle, and then again, he felt his breath hitched. His voice was beautiful, as well as his pink pair of lips, his eyes, his cheeks, his smile, his hair, everything that is him is beautiful.

“Would you mind if I invite you for some coffee?” The man asked, wiping the sweat dripping through his forehead using a white towel.

Why are you so adorable? Donghae bit his lower lip, resisting the urge to pinch the other’s cheeks.

“Hey, if you don’t want to, then it’s fine, I can just call Yesung-Hyung,” Donghae blinked when he heard the other man spoke up again, disappointment evident on his expression.

“N-no, I wouldn’t m-mind.” He said quickly, still stammering.

The man grinned, and Donghae noticed how his expression brightened, his eyes sparkled, and his lips curved into a half-moon. “Let’s go, Hae.”

--

Donghae didn’t dare to start a conversation. He’s too shy. Shy? He knew how Kyuhyun would about him being shy, because Lee Donghae was never shy.

“I’m Ryeowook,” The man, or rather Ryeowook said, attempting to start a decent conversation. They haven’t introduced themselves formally, anyway, though he knew that the man who was in front of him is Lee Donghae.

Donghae sipped on his cup of coffee, savouring the bitter-sweet taste of the hot liquid lingering in his mouth. His gaze shifted from the table to Ryeowook, who was sitting across from him, gripping his own cup of coffee.

So Ryeowook is his name. Though Donghae had watched him dancing from quite a while now, he still doesn’t know what the other’s name is.

“Ah, I’m Donghae. Lee Donghae.” He responded, not knowing anything else nice to say.

“I know.” Ryeowook smiled, and was amused when Donghae raised his eyebrows. “You’ve been always watching me practice. So, how was it? Am I improving? Am I now qualified? I practice almost every day, and I felt quite guilty for not approaching you to talk.”

Donghae's eyes went wide. "H-how..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC! Bleeeh. Hahaha! XD Comments are loved. *hugs*