001

OTPPROMPTS; EXO one-shot series

word count: 868

warning: not even i know what this is okay

again, dedicated to ihavefreetime

link: http://otpprompts.tumblr.com/post/92101536784/imagine-your-otp-at-a-school-dance-where-both-of


Jongdae sighs and looks down at the drink in hand, swirling it with a flick of his wrist. Maybe with a little too much strength, though, some of the liquid nearly makes it out, threatening to stain his nice clothes. Shrugging, he places the cup on the table beside him and leans back against the wall. He doesn’t want to get his clothes dirty, even though it doesn’t really matter now that his “date” has ditched him.

It’s kind of foolish, how miffed he is by that. He and Joonmyun had agreed to come together, even though they have no romantic feelings for each other. How is that supposed to help the fact that the other had left almost as soon as they’d arrived, only for him to be seen dancing with a random girl that probably didn’t even go to their school? He couldn’t have stayed with his best friend for even five minutes?

Huffing, Jongdae picks up his drink again and takes a sip, only to have to choke it down when the taste of alcohol overpowers the punch.

How was he supposed to know that the punch was spiked? He glares at the drink, then at the punch bowl, and slides to the ground, head tilted back to rest against the wall.

“Want some water?” A cup of the clear liquid is offered to him by a slightly chubby kid Jongdae has seen around school before. He doesn’t know what grade the boy is in, though, and figures that he’s a junior invited by a senior.

Jongdae stares at the liquid, then at the boy.

“It’s just water,” he promises with a laugh. “You can smell it if you want. Or go get a cup and go out to one of the water fountains in the hallway.”

The shocked impression on Jongdae’s face makes the other chuckle. “Never thought of it?”

Jongdae smiles, shaking his head. He gets up in a hurry, replying as he does, “I’ll be right back.”

“I’ll be waiting then.”

A moment later, Jongdae is back, with a cup of water, and unable to stop the smile on his face.

Like he promised, the boy is there waiting. “Got your water?” he asks, looking up when Jongdae approaches. He tries smiling, but his gaze returns to the dance floor not a second later.

Jongdae tries following his gaze. “Did your date ditch you, too?”

He sighs. “You too then?”

“Well, we’re not exactly dating, I guess,” Jongdae replies, glancing sideways and taking a sip of his (newly gained) water.

“Luhan.” The boy points to the well-known senior, chatting away with another person in their grade. “We came together.”

“You got the prettiest senior?” Jongdae raises his eyebrows. By prettiest, he meant most wanted, of course. Yeah.

“He hates being called ‘pretty’. We’re on the soccer team together.”

Now Jongdae’s even more surprised. “You’re on varsity soccer? With Luhan?”

The boy side-eyes him. “What about it?”

“You look like a sophomore, how are you a senior?”

“Shut up.” He reaches out, as if to punch Jongdae.

Jongdae holds up his hands, tilting to the side. “Okay, okay, peace. So what’s your name?”

“Minseok.” He takes back his arm with a smile.

“Jongdae. It’s nice to meet you sophomore-I’m-with-Luhan-Minseok.”

Minseok gives him a look. “Are you sure you only took a sip of that punch? How’d you come up with that?”

Jongdae fakes an offended look. “Do you not like it? It’s a masterpiece. And no, I am not drunk, thank you very much.”

“If you say so,” Minseok says with a shake of his head. His lips are twisted in a half smirk, half smile.

“I do say so,” Jongdae huffs, crossing his arms.

Minseok rolls his eyes at the childishness. “So who’s your date?”

“Not a date,” Jongdae mumbles. “Joonmyun, the guy flirting with that girl in the middle of the dance floor.”

“Oh, student council president?” Minseok glances to the dancers, spotting him at once. “I never knew he was the type to do that.”

Jongdae looks away, glancing at the ground. “Well it’s not like we’re dating anyway.”

“You sound angry.”

“He left me hanging out by myself beside the punch for twenty minutes, of course I’m angry! Are you not angry that Luhan left you?”

“Luhan’s straight, though,” Minseok sighs.

Jongdae shuts up at that.

“He’s taking to Lay because they’re friends, in the same dance group.” It doesn’t take long for Minseok to notice the look on Jongdae’s face. “Hey, what’s with that look?”

“We should start a club for non-hets who have crushes on straight people,” Jongdae sighs.

“Think of how depressing that is, though.” Minseok nudges him. “Does our school not have a LGBTQ club?”

“Shouldn’t you know?”

“I’m only interested in soccer,” Minseok shrugs. “Too bad we’re leaving.”

“Get one of the juniors or sophomores to start one,” Jongdae suggests.

“Do you know anyone?”

Jongdae pauses. “I think his name is Do. You know Kyungsoo?”

“Kyungsoo? Do Kyungsoo? Yeah, we sing together,” Minseok comments.

“You sing and play soccer,” Jongdae whistles. “Can you dance, too?”

“Why don’t we see?”

Jongdae looks at him.

Minseok stands up, extending a hand to Jongdae. “Dance with me?”


a/n: crying bc i said i would hiatus but now this has been finished. i don't even know how i got from heartbreak to crack to lgbtq to fluff okay

brain = dead

please forgive any mistakes, my brain is foggy even though it's only 5pm and i got like actuall sleep idk