Chapter 1

What is worth fighting for?

“ We should probably find some shelter.” A young man turned to his companion and pointed to a few constructions that could be seen on the horizon. “ A storm is coming and I really think that our Ladyship isn't gonna like the rain.” The second man nodded and without questioning the younger on the blue sky which didn't hint any storm turned his horse around and went back to the company he was leading.

All around them, only grass could be seen with sometimes a few bushes and a lonely tree. There was not much to scout but protocol was an obligation for them and so they were sent a few kilometers ahead despite the complete uselessness of it. Anyone could have been spotted long before reaching the convoy.

The older reached the group and transferred the message. “Sehun is sensing a storm so we 're gonna make way a little bit more east to reach a village. Kai, go ahead with him and try to find us some place to stay.” At these words, a young and dark skinned man separated from the group that was guarding the chariot and with a nod left toward the scout. “Let's hope there's a nice inn without bugs there. Would be great to sleep in a real bed for once.”

The rest of the group was composed of three other warriors, two were riding on the sides of the wagon and the third was driving it. The latter grimaced in disgust when a high pitched voice rang out behind him.

“And why exactly should we find shelter?” A young and beautiful woman was passing her head through the window, her beautiful blond hair shining in the sun. The complexity of her braiding was clearly showing her social rank. “We shouldn't change our way, it will take more time to reach Medora and I am tired of this journey. Furthermore, there are no clouds anywhere to see, not even one. So what make you think there will be a storm? Captain Joonmyeon, we will keep going.” The final tone in her voice brought slight irritation to all of them.

Sighting, the leader turned towards the lady. " Lady Hyoyeon, Sehun has an affinity with Air and can sense changes of atmospheric pressure or wind. Due to that, he can predict a coming storm before the signs could be seen by a common person. And since your father put me in charge of the quality of your travel and your health, we are going to make a stop in the upcoming village." Each and every one of his words were calm and slow, just like an adult speaking to a child despite the fact that the lady was actually older than him. It was however a necessity since she wasn't exactly the most reflected person in the world. Even with all his precautions, unpleasant comments could never be avoided. "Well I don't think you really know what quality means, it's not like you ever experimented it... Also, never compare me again with a common person. NEVER! My father is going to hear about this." She glared at him and sat back into the carriage.

"I don't even know how he manage to stay calm... If I was him I would have smacked her sooo long ago." murmured one of the horseman to the other with a stunned look. He was as tall as his companion was short. "Chanyeol-ah, he was trained really young to endure her crap, more than half his life has been spent next to her." At that moment, the lady opened back the window, asked everyone to hurry up and went back in. The convoy was set in motion and the conversation continued. "Anyway, I agree with you, I wouldn't be able to support her either but I think I would do something way worse than smack her." said the second horseman with a devilish grin. "WHAT? Hyung, you can't do that! That's really really bad to do that and it's cruel! And..." "Hey, hey, calm down a little! What the hell are you thinking about?" "Well... You weren't talking about... you know... a really really bad thing..." Chanyeol was fidgeting on his horse trying to talk with his eyes and failing miserably. "Oh! Come on Chanyeol, will you get on with it or what?" Chanyeol then mouthed two words towards his hyung. He received in return a long stare until he actually felt shameful to even think something like that about the other. "What were you talking about then?" "I'd just kill her. I was always a partisan of  the "kill them fast", you know that." said the man with a shrug. He then took off to reach the wagon that had taken a little advance during the chat. The younger stood there dumbfounded for a second then spurred his horse towards the rest of the group. Reaching the others he asked "But you know this is also a really really bad idea, right?" "Of course, I know! Have you ever seen me kill a client before getting paid? I'm not stupid!" "Hyung... that's so not the problem..." Chanyeol murmured to himself massaging the brink of his nose.

The last companion, who was driving the waggon, was simply enjoying the scenery and wishing sincerely the lady wouldn't make another apparition. Just like the rest of them, Joonmyeon excepted, he had been hired to secure the convoy. Well not exactly since he wasn't the best warrior, he was mostly there for his knowledge of cartography. He knew every road, every path that mankind had ever walked on, in fact, even those which weren't used by humans. This ability, since it wasn't exactly something he studied, could be converted into cash and he was surely not upset with that. He knew that most people with that kind of abilities were hiding it by fear of the narrow-mindedness of the rest of the world. However, this part of him he disclosed to others was harmless so it wasn't that much of an effort to him to show it. Just like Sehun who could predict the weather, it was helpful in multiple cases and rare enough to be worth a lot of money. The fact that there were two of them in the company, showed the huge level of wealth the father of Lady Hyoyeon had. But even with the big pay in sight the small man couldn't wait to finish this job. Even his calm and happy nature was starting to break under the pressure of the lady's irritating behavior.

 


A/N: Yey first chapter!! not very long, I know, and kind of boring but I'm trying to set the scene. I suppose you get the carachters even if I don't really write all the names. I hope you like it. :)