Baby's Breath

Time Capsule
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We opened our eyes learning what's right from wrong, how to read and write in this run down building, the place how we started to walk and sing.

Lastly, the house we were tossed aside by our real parents.

 

The sisters were calling me which I initially grown up with name of "Baekhyun" even before I learn how to open my eyes and they gave you the same thing which is "Taeyeon".

This place looks exactly the same ever since we were little. The cherry blossom tree that we used to climb together were still there and miraculously blooming in this cold weather. The soil that my feet currently landing gives me the ambiance of what home truly feels. Freshness and unpolluted air blows right through my skin and impresses me for the time than the smelly air in the city and as I tried to hang my arms in the clothesline's bamboo pipe but it is not exactly strong how it was used to be.

The run-down orphanage that we lived together met me after entering the wooded fences that was painted in white encarved in my memory is now coated with light brown. Together with the large old house, the head sister welcomed me with her utmost warm and gave me tight embraces that I might be wanting all these past five years.

 

I looked around inside the house after the sister let me in, My eyes glanced at the photo of us together in the picture frame hanging in the crackly wall. The sun's light flashes into my eyes as I passes through the hallway. Despite of endless snow drop the sun warms the whole house. There's no much changes here except for me who fell in the saddest form of myself that was enwrapped by despair and yourself, who's not here.

 

As I slipped myself in the room that you used to sleep surprises me, my disillusions sighted you gently smiling and standing near the window pane and calling my name to its finest condition. 

"Baekhyun-ah"

I faintly heard together with the blowing wind and quickly disappeared when I attempted my first step to come near. 

I remember the day we gave last name to each other, you gifted me with "Byun" and I said "Kim" in return which the sister gladly permitted. Unable to forget about it, you decided to write it on your study table knowing that the head sister will going to scold you which was expectedly happened after an hour she discovered it.

 

The more I strolled the house the more memories I recalled.

I found the broken mug above the large dresser that reflected in the mirror. For the first time you asked me for a present on your eighteenth birthday and since I'm just an orphan poor boy ,I just bought you something from the street vendor that sells cheap stuff but still, it cost my three days allowance. I was too embarrassed when I handed you my gift however you gladly accepted it as you cuddled me in return.

A memory suddenly reminded my head, I remembered myself pouring a hot chocolate drink for you turning out my gift has become you favorite. Unfortunately, I broke the infamous mug. You decided not to talk to me for almost a week or even tried to look me in the eyes but your anger soon washed away when I came back home from school bringing a new one.

The orange- brownish light from the setting sun projected inside the room that escapes through the glass window which reminded me the color of your eyes, surprises me and made me worried to death as I found you lying beside your sleeping cot. I quickly brought you to the infirmary to have the nurse check your condition; simply they said you collapsed from lack of sleep and over stressing yourself.

For what? To what ? I asked myself.

 

The humming of the blowing wind lingers in my ears just like your overwhelming singing that caresses me. We sang the same song, we share the same lyrics and we gave the same tunes and melodies while the sisters’ watches in front and loudly gave us an applauding hand.

You like singing more than I did but I like your voice more than you did.

 

The days gradually passed by as we saw you consistently lying in bed weakly.

The white vase on your table which I usually filled with Gypsophila which commonly known as Baby’s Breath is now gone. Every day you asked me for flowers as much as you asked me to water it.  You really like watching it getting bend whenever there’s a breeze that sneaked inside your window. As I watch you becoming skinny little by little with your face becoming paler and handed over you a mug of hot cocoa drink, you suddenly chok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter