1

The Wolf Dance

the cold wind blew through my face as i sat in my room admiring the full moon, appreciating its soft glow in spread of darkness of the night. this one of thing i love about visiting my grandparents aside from seeing them for over a year. my grandparent lived far form the city, lived near the mountains where the air is fresh and clean

"awh~ i love it here" i muttered and was about to close the window to get some shut eye when i heard drumming sounds coming form the mountains. i frown and thought maybe it some festival. but then again i thought why would there be a festival held up in the mountains. shrugged at the thought and went to sleep. 

 

the next day i head down fro breakfast, there i greeted my grandparent who were in the dining room preparing for breakfast " morning grandma, grandpa" i kissed both their cheeks before settling down to eat. " morning to honey, so how was your sleep?" Grandma ask ash gave grandpa his tea. i smiled " i slept like a baby" i told them they chuckled at my answered i took a bite on my bread when i remember something from last night.

 

" Grandpa is there a festival going on in the mountains?" i ask he stopped drinking his tea and look at me oddly " festival.. well no honey why do you ask? " i shrugged " well last night i hear beating of drums coming form the mountains" i told them 

i saw Grandma and Grandpa exchanging concerned looks before looking at me " honey.. please no matter what... do not go to the mountains especially at night" grandma warned me

i gulp down my bread " w-why?" i ask grandpa, he  let out a heavy sigh " just don't go Promise me _______ those mountains have cause our people here great trouble " 

i frown and nodded " ok i will.. i promise grandpa" i told him. he sighed and smiled. 

 

after breakfast i spend my whole day walking around the village there in the village bulletins i saw lots of missing person poster pin there. they all range from early  20's to teens and the youngest amongst them was a 11 year old boy name Minyoung he was last seen running out of his aunt house heading to the mountains.

 

"i shouldn't have stopped him that day" i jumped and turn to see a middle age lady looking at the Minyoung picture. i looked back fort between before i assume " your Minyoung aunt?" i ask, she looked at me and nodded 

i nodded and look at her cautiously " can i ask why he run away?" i ask. she sighed " we had a argument..over whether he should continue school or not" she paused and look at his picture. " he wanted to stop so he can help in the fields while i told no.. he should finish school and have a better future than being a farmer." she bite her lip holding back her tears 

"and that why he run.. i should have gone after him" she started sobbing, i instinctively patted her back comforting her as much as i can. soon she stopped and apologize to me " no.. it was my fault for asking" i told her . she smiled " you such a sweet girl" she place her hand on my shoulder 

"and i don't want you to end like minyoung so listen.. never go to the mountains at night especially where drum sounds are" with that she left me with a warning look. i stood there for a while and looked at the mountains where i heard the Drums and back to Minyoung picture " did you go to where the drum were?" i ask looking at his picture. 

 

that night i was preparing for bed when i heard the drums again went over to the window and listen to the drums intensely, i shook my head and shut my window close and turn off my lights to sleep. 

for half an hour later i woke up feeling thirsty so i headed for a drink when once i got my glass of water i went back up to sleep but then i notice everything was quite i head over to the window and look out i saw whole village was dark  i open it the window cold wind past me as i open window doors and again i heard the drumming noise, curiosity got me real good now it was 2am in morning but the beating of drums was still there.

i bite my lip and look at my open door opposite to my room was my grandparents room " maybe a quick peek wont hurt" i said before grabbing my jacket and quietly sneak out of the house head to the mountains 

there i climb up edgy rocks of the mountain soon  i was near the drum sounds and it was over the bushes so i hurried over and hid behind them and peep over to see a small canyon there i saw young men and women sitting on the grounds in dazes they were all facing the stage infront of  them it was to dark for me to tell if there someone on stage or not but when moon lights shine out form behind the clouds that shadowed it, there i saw 12 young men all dress in black each was exotic and beastly handsome.

"wow..." i muttered i watch them.

my head snap over to beating drums and  saw 2 old men beating them, they looked serious as they hit the drums i saw the 12 boys started to move, and seem like they were dancing. they moved with along with beat of the drums and  out in background i heard a wolf cry i turn around to see if there was any behind me, once i was there nothing i look back and watch them jump and crawls on the floor on fours. another wolf cry echoed  and i soon realized this boys weren't just dancing they acting and moving like a wolves themselves.


  

they were so fierce, so wolf like, don't get me wrong it was scary but at the same time it was elegant how they were so synchronized , who they jump and land so swiftly, they don't even have to look each other they knew where to go, they knew where other were supposed to be. they were amazing. their dancing was so alluring , so hypnotizing it was hard to stare away especially the way they sneer and  growl at you.

  

my focus on their performance was disturb when something small collided to my side knocking down to the ground,  i hissed at the pain and i sat up and i glared at the thing that knock me down and to my surprise it was a small puppy it looked like husk.

i smiled " hey there little guy" i cooed as i pick him up and place on my lap " that was a hard collision there" i told him petting its head. it started to whine when he saw i trying to watch back the performance. i look at it oddly "what?" i ask i look over to the  people watching show and saw how oddly they looked they were.. well they looked out of it,  they had goofy smiles, they were even drooling.

the dance was cool and all but it wasn't that cool to drool over and then i notice the blank look in their eyes

" what wrong with them?" i ask out loud 

then the beat of the drums  fasten i was betting it was about to end i kneeled up straight  to see the final act but the puppy i had place down jump back onto me knocking back down to ground " hey! what are y-" i was cut when a bright beamed of light flashed behind the bush i stared at the puppy with shock eyes as the light faded away i start to hear groaning and howling in background  i slowly sat up and peered over the bushes.

instated of seeing people i saw wolves in human clothes and there were some people but they were on the ground conscious i think but then something weird happen the people that were down something white come out of them and started to fly away up to the moon and then gone.

" what going on" i muttered 

the wolves that were wearing human clothes started whining they looked confused and sacred 

" well.. well it seem you few unlucky people to be turn to wolves i see" the boy with braided hair smirk as he strode over to the terrified wolves.

 

"and these are lucky once " said the boy with flower boy face as he poke the conscious body

" Grrrrrrr~" everyone attention turn to one wolf that was growling at them. but rather than be scared, they just laughed

" look like this one wants answers" said the one with very pale white skin.

"well will give it you..kai"  tall boy with rather cute big ears say gesturing the braid head boy to explain

"you people that came here that were drawn by the beating drums" he look over to the old men that beat the drum and saluted to them they saluted back 

"were the chosen people to be judge by Moon" he say pointing up to the sky . the wolves looked up so did i and surprise to see how close moon was. 

 

"we her children.. our job is to draw you in more until you lose yourself  and open your mind  up for the Moon to see whether you should be repent or your soul be taken away and be the moon offering" he say with smirk 

" and you people are the ones to repent.. and until you repent your deeds you can never return back to normal"  the one with poker face said 

 

the wolves whine more but one with very serious face put his hand up " whining get you no where .. i suggest you think what you did wrongly and repent"  he say coldly 

i sat back down and look at the puppy who looked at me with sad eyes. i pick him up " this guys are bad news" i muttered i looked at the puppy 

" your coming with me"  i look at him i was about to walk when " and where are you going?" i chilly voice halt me i looked around see an boy with high cheek bones smirk at me " hello there" he say.

i yelp and tried to run but he pulled me by the collar of my jacket but puppy jump on my shoulder and bite his hand relasing me i held him up and started to run 

" Grrrrrr. GUYS! we have a runner here!"  he shouted then i heart thumps sound behind i look behind to see all them chasing me. adrenaline rush thought my veins as i pushed myself faster " AAH!!!" i scream as i run for my life. 

" Hey kitty stop running we won't hurt you" one voice say.

"like hell i'll believe you" i said as i jump over a bush, stumbled a bit but still running " come on now stop or else you'll hurt yourself" i block everything they said and continued to run.

i saw the edge of the Forrest and was few feet away when an arm grab my waist and halted me i turn to see who it wasthe  braid haired boy.

" you can't out run us kitty" he say. i looked down and smirk " but i can out smart you" i said and kick him in the groin he kneeled down in pain and i made run for it  got to the village and run to my grandparents house once i was in. i slam the door and run to my room. once the door closed i let go of the puppy i slid down to the floor i panted and took my time to rest but  my eyes slowly shut and i fell asleep.

 

the next morning i hide the puppy in my closet and brought him food when it was time to eat. while eating my grandmother called for m to grandpa study office.

" grandma?" i called i saw her standing by the bookshelves " look here, i found an interesting book" she say i walked over to her and saw the book was title " tales of the moon children" 

" what is about?" i ask 

Grandma smiled " well it is about the Moon sending her 12 children here on earth to help her pass judgment on the people" she said my eyes widen those were same words as what those boys said 

" r-really... can i barrow this grandma it sound interesting" i told her, she nodded and gave it to me thanked her before heading up. to my room

there i read the book til the very end and what i found was shocking and cause me to panic a bit 

i found out the kids in the stories were the same one that night but they were no kids they young men, and the dance i though was cool was called the " wolf dance" a special dance that draw in people. 

and the people that was turn to wolves " they can never return back unless the moon herself change them back" i sat down and thought about things 

 

the book did not say what happen to the person who was there but did not turn or have been scarified to the moon

i look at the puppy " what will happen to me puppy" i ask him it look sadly at me before he start growling to the window i frown and looked over i saw nothing but the blue sky i walked over slowly and cautiously peered down the window there to my horror i saw the 12 standing outside my grandparent house with smug smiles 

 

" hey wanna know what happen to people escape the ritual un harmed " the boy with high cheek bones shouted .

the boy with the braided hair step forward and smirked at me 

" you get to be ours" he say 

i gape fearfully at them and shook my head i held the puppy tightly in my arms

"we can do whatever we want with you"

others step forward and crouch down getting ready to jump any moment i back away " no.. please no" i tear fell form my eye as i started to shiver

" to late kitty,  you should have stayed away"

 

CRASSSH!!! . BREAK!!

AWOO~

 






 

comment and tell me  what you think :)