The [not so fortunate] Start of the Mating Season

Her Mate

Amber's POV

' Wake Up!! '

I felt a hand shaking me. As I pried my eyes open, I saw Hoya, my best friend, carrying possibly the widest grin. I sighed as I remembered what day it was.

 The Start of the Mating Season

Let me explain. 
I'm an Alpha werewolf, commonly refered to as a Wolverine as I'm a female. My friend here, is the Beta wolf. He is possibly suffering from bi-polar disorder since around me he is like a hyper-active kid who talks non-stop, while in school he is the coldest guy on earth. Today, marks the start of the mating season. Where a wolf would meet his counter part.It could be a guy, it could be a girl. It depends on fate and destiny. Most wolves and wolverines would find their mate within this season, if you don't it's most likely that you have to wait till the next season. 

' Let's hope its Jessica,' he said dreamily.

 Hoya has the biggest crush on Jessica, a girl from our school. And one of the few werewolves in the human school we attend. She is pretty, I won't lie, but that doesn't stop me from crushing on Hoya. He is the only guy I've ever, and will look at. It hurts me when he fanboys over Jessica but she makes him happy, right? 

I chuckled as I pushed him out of my room and got ready for school.

 -

' Look! ' Sungjong said while pointing at a couple by the school gates. Its not visible to the human eyes, but our werewolf eyes could see the matching lilac colour in their eyes

The first couple.

 As they were out of our ear shot, we weren't sure how or what they were conversing about.

 ' Look at me! I'm so meek and weak, oppa! I need you oppa!' Woohyun cried out in a high-pitched voice, to Sunggyu, mimicking the girl. Sunggyu blushed as he pushed Woohyun away.

It seems like I was the only one [secretly] wishing that Woohyun and Sunggyu would be mates. They are so cute together, although I would never admit to it out loud, I could go on and on about them.

 ' OMG! ' ' OPPA! ' ' MINE ' 

The cheers for a certain guy became louder and louder as we got nearer the school. Xi Luhan.  He is the most popular guy in my school, along with his half-brothers, Suho, D.O, Kai, Kris, XiuMin, Tao, Sehun, Chen, BaekHyun, Chanyeol, Lay. It seems like his fangirls ignores the fact that he is a son of a [old] playboy. It irrates and bugs me till no ends.

I hate hate hate him.

 Infinite and I managed to squeeze through the fangirls that surround the front gates of my school and trust me on this, the front gates are wider then my future would ever be.

' Hi,' a voice said. I turned around, seeing that it was Henry, a fellow wolf in my pack. [ Technically its still my parents' until I find my mate ] ' Hi, what's up? ' I asked as I placed my belongings in the locker.

' Err.. I know this may sound weird, but would you go to the Valentine Dance with me? ' he asked, cheeks as red as a tomato, eyes looking at the floor as if my eyes were on the floor.

I smiled as I replied,' How about your mate? '

 ' I haven't.....' he said as he mumbled to himself about something I didn't quite catch. 

' Par-' As I was about to ask him to repeat himself, when the first bell rang. ' Look, I'll get back to you during lunch, ' I said as I rushed to my first period class which was at the other block.

 ' Err... Class! Listen up! As you know, Mrs Lee is on maternal leave, therefore her class is spilt up to the rest of the classes, so may the new students come in,' Mr Park said. I didn't quite pay attention to what was happening in class as I glance out of the window, until I heard the Queenkas with the rest of the girls fangirling.

I turned my head to see who was standing there. Sure enough, Mr Flower Boy and his half brother Oh Sehun.

 ' Alright! ' Mr Park yelled over the screams of the girls and the gil quiten down, but murmurs still could be heard.

' Ah.. Mr Xi where would you want to seat?' Mr Park asked. ' Over...' he dragged on, I rolled my eyes and return to looking out of the window, at the beautiful scenery.

' There.' A loud gasp was heard. I glanced at what seat he had taken.  Surely with his other annoying half brothers.

 His fingers pointed to the empty seat beside me. My eyes widened. This annoying brat.  I growled an inhumane growl. That pretty face... Thinking he owns everyone in this school. I will make him change seats by the end of this lesson. By the way, does a human even deserve such a pretty face. It looks like a vampire's maybe a fairy or a merman or maybe even a nymp-

' Stop starring. If you really want, you could take a pic, it would last longer,' a voice whispered in my ear.

My cheeks turned pink due to embarrassment.' I wasn't looking at you I was wondering if I could claw your face with my wolf's claws,' I mumbled softly to myself. 

' Sorry, what were you saying?' he asked.

 ' Nothing that concerns you,' I said loud enough for him to hear me both turning my head and concerntrating on the lesson.

 ' Look class, I know this is your first year studying Mythlogy, but you better buck up. Especially Mr Xi, Mrs Lee made a note to somehow to pull your grade at least to a B+ so that you can pass this semester,' Mr Park said as he flipped through the test papers in his hand with a disapproving frown on his face.

 ' Maybe its because Mythlogy is false and no body but Miss Perfect here cares about it! ' Luhan retorted back. The class roared out laughing. Such ignorant creatures. Maybe if you would take notice, you are surrounded by werewolves aka Mythical creatures! 

Mr Park's cheeks turned a little red due to anger. ' Anyways, this project I'm assigning you will take up 80% of your grades. You may choose your own partners,' he continued.

Whispers of ' Yes! ' could be heard.

' But, Mr Xi, your teacher has assigned you to my best student, which is Miss Amber Park.' Mr Park said as he passed down a pamplet on the project. I glanced through it, realising that I might as well not lift a finger on the research since we are tasked to do a review of any mythical creature.Including my kind.

 ' Alright, 10 more minutes till class ends. You may get started with your project that is due in 5 months time. Do remember to collect your test results before leaving class! ' Mr Park said as he exited the class

.Almost immediately, the class turned in to chaos

I took out my sketch book and sketched a werewolf. 

' Didn't know you could draw,' a voice said.' Isn't it enough that I have to do the whole project with you Do you really have to come to 'help' me? ' I asked in an annoyed voice as I closed my sketch book shut.' Well,' Luhan said as he sat on the chair infront of me backwards,' I want to help,' he continued as he shot me a toothy smile.  He's kinda cute.....I MEAN ERMMM NOT THAT HE IS CUTE IS JUST THE SMILE.. WAIT NO I MEAN I shook my head as I cleared my thoughts of Luhan. 

' Well, then name me the 3rd ancestor of the werewolves, ' I asked. Confident he wouldn't know a thing.

 ' Sir Thomas Yack Lincon ' he replied with confidence.

I nodded, clearly impressed by his knowledge.Maybe working with this idiot won't be that bad right?

 -

' Henry! ' I said as I waved to him.

 ' Y-yes? ' he asked, sounding a little guilty

 ' I would-'

'Sorrybutifoundmymatesorryicantgowithyou,' Henry blurted out. It took me a  moment to digest what he had said.

 I smiled,' I see... Who is it?' I asked curious to see who was Henry fated to be with. He pointed to a certain girl as he blushed.

 Tiffany, a close friend of Jessica.

 I smiled and congradulated him before making my way to the lunch table Infinite and I always occupied. One by one they came but Hoya wasn't here yet.

 ' Where's Mr Bi-Polar? ' I asked, using the nickname Infinite had came up for Hoya.

' Too busying fangirling over his mate,' Dongwoo said, sounding dejected. 

His Mate

So he found his mate huh? Should I laugh or cry? How could a girl just steal him away? Unknowingly, tears have spilled out of my eyes

.' Noona, are you that happy? ' Sungjoong asked cluelessly. Sungyeol slapped his head as he whispered something in his ear.

' Ohh~ Sorry noona,' he apologised

.' N-no its okay. I-i will just- Erm I'm not feeling well,' I splattered a rubbish lie as I took my things and drove my car to the nearest forest. I took a special enchanted spray and spray my clothes as I got out of my car and transformed into a wolf as I ran in the forest. 

Really? Did Hoya oppa really have to get a mate? Why wasn't it me? Why? Why am I so cursed? Whyyyy? 

I let out a painful howl as I continued to run.