Between Me & You

Paying the Price And Love For Friendship

                                   Between Me & You                         
                                                                                      We all need someone by our side

 

“Chanyeol, Open the door” Baekhyun bangs on the door which was slammed quite a few minutes ago. This moment is much more awkward than all the situations he had been in his life. He can’t even understand how he is feeling himself. Sadness. Anger. Confusion. Frustration. Guilt. It is all complicated. It is like all the feelings in this world are sunken into one person, who is standing in front of the shut door. But one thing for sure, he is broken to pieces. One part of him wants to throw everything away and leave for his own good. Another part of him wants to stay, for the sake of his beloved best friend. The other part of him wishes that it were better if he never stepped into this world of entertainment. If it were so, then he wouldn’t be in this problem right now simply because he would never meet these people around him causing all these problems. He is not blaming them. It’s not their fault but neither is his. Then who is to blame? Is he missing some calculations? Or is he the one causing all these misfortunes? Is he wrong?

Am I wrong? Where did I go wrong?

He, again, starts calculating all the facts he knows to find an answer. The answer doesn’t seem to come to him this fast. His whole world is filled with questions left without answers. The ones others threw at him and the ones he asked himself over and over again. He now hesitates the saying,

“Every question has an answer…..”

Is there really an answer? If there is, am I too dumb not to get to know what it is?

“Chanyeol – ah, Open the door” he again tries to get to his mates’ uncontrollable mind which is totally sinking in the sea of sadness with waves of anger, hitting hard at his chest and wetting his cheeks. “Please” Baekhyun says before breaking down in streams of tears. With his back on the door, he slowly brings himself down to the floor. He turns his head around to the side, trying to talk to his friend. But he is out of words. Which words would help him to come back to his consciousness? Which words would help him understand? Which words would make him feel better? All these years he knew what to say. He never ran out of words. But now he is totally mute. For the first time in his life words seems useless and harder to find. How can he comfort another when he is unable to comfort his own self? The story behind all this is still untold. But his tears can explain each and every reason which leads him to this situation where he stands today.

 It all started in one starry night or you can say that it all happened as a result of mature feelings blooming in young Baekhyun’s heart about that one girl whom he admired the most. It was love for sure and it still is. There is no doubt about it. His feelings for her are true and pure. He loves her for who she is. She is Kim Tae-yeon by name. To Baekhyun it is more than just a name. She is the love of his life. Since she came into his life, he has changed. Not surprisingly but he is more responsible than he was before. It was the night he confessed to her.

 

“What should I do? What should I say?” Baekhyun was whispering, looking through the glasses of the restaurant at the girl of his dreams. Yes, he has asked her to come, but still, he wasn’t prepared. He had no idea what to say. So he was looking up to his best friend, Chanyeol, who was laughing at Baekhyun's nervousness. .

“Why are you whispering? She won’t hear you anyway” Chanyeol was answering with a cocky smile.

“Whatever? Help me, Chanyeol”

“Just say what comes to your mind”

“But nothing comes to my mind”

“Just go! You’ll be fine”

“How can you say that?”

“You’ll find the words when you talk with her. Just ease yourself and let your heart take care of everything else”

“Okay then. I’ll go. But stay here, okay? Don’t go anywhere. Be ready just in case if I’ll get a slap or fall down dead. Stay here” Baekhyun was telling his friend what to do though he never has to because Chanyeol had never left him alone in situations like this.

“Good luck!” Chanyeol was waving with the happy smile on his face. Chanyeol’s smile always strengthened Baekhyun. “Remember, I get to be your best-man!”

Idiot, I don’t even know what’s gonna happen and you have already thought about my wedding? Of course you are gonna be my best-man, pabo!

Baekhyun was entering the restaurant, when his eyes were distracted by the beauty of the girl who was smiling at him. Ah that smile.

“So how was your day?” Baekhyun was asking while sitting down.

What? This is so lame. What’s happening to me?

“Good” Her sweet voice was able to calm the nervous creature in front of her by just one word.

Baekhyun was looking straight at her eyes even without him realizing.

“Ahem…” Taeyeon was feeling quite awkward.

Oh no Baekhyun, you are definitely gonna get slapped today.

“ So…. What should we order?”

I never knew I’m this much terrible at things like this

“Anything”

“ Yeah Like table rice with a chair-fish and glass-mousse as desert”

Baekhyun just give up! You are no good at it!

Taeyeon was looking confused as she couldn’t get what Baekhyun was saying. But suddenly,

“Don’t try to force yourself, Baekhyun!”

Does she understand what is happening to me?

“Just let it be” she was smiling at him.

Man, she is more attractive than I thought

That day was going alright. Baekhyun confessed to her and she accepted. Nothing much happened. They were officially boyfriend and girlfriend. But this isn’t the reason why Chanyeol is like this. But it all happened as a result of this incident.

 

RING!

Baekhyun’s phone was ringing loudly while he was in a deep conversation with Taeyeon.

3 missed calls
Chanyeol

 

“Hey, Why did you call me?”

“Ah now that’s alright. Where are you now?”

“On my way”

“Then come soon. It’s already 12.00 pm”

“Yeah I’ll be there”

 

8 missed calls
1 new message
Chanyeol

Hey Baekkieee,
Call me as soon as you see this message

 

“Hey, I only got your message now”

“Hey Baek, you know what? Dara talked with me. I mean I talked to Dara.”

“Really? So what did you say? What did she say?”

“Nothing much. But she laughed to my jokes”

“Then that’s good news”

“Yeah I know. Where are you?”

“On my way”

“I’m really sleepy.  come soon. I have a lot to tell you”

“Yeah, wait till I come”

 

 

“Hey Baek, Baekhyun”

“Huh?”

“I decided to ask her out today”

“Well that’s great”

“So are gonna come with me?”

“Uh…Channie, I promised Taeyeon that I will come to see her show”

“Ah…so that’s it”

“Don’t get me wrong. It’s not like I don’t care or something”

“No, no! I understand. I’ll ask D.O.!”

“Yeah he’ll come. So bye!”

“Yeah bye!”

 

24 Missed calls
Chanyeol

 

RING!

CUT

 

11.30 pm
at the dorm

 

“Hey”

No answer

“Hey, Chanyeol” Baekhyun put his hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder. Chanyeol shook his shoulder and looked up.

“Why are you crying?”

“Why? Ask yourself. You know better why I’m crying”

“What are talking about?”

“ I’m talking about all the times I tried to reach you”

“What?”

“Check your phone”

 

24 missed calls
Chanyeol

 

“What happened?”

“Well, nothing. I’m just disappointed about the person I call my best friend”

“Why? What are you talking about? What happened while I was away?”

“You didn't even care  why I called you so many times!”

“Will you tell me what happened for the god’s sake? Please”

“Nothing”

“Nothing? Then why are you like this?”

“ I’m like this because you are not the same person you used to be”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean the Baekhyun I knew was always there for me and he never let me feel alone. But now it’s like nobody knows me anymore.”

“I’m-”

“Just stop, Baekhyun. I’m not mad at you because you go out with Taeyeon and come late. It’s just that I’m not ready to accept the fact that I’ve lost my best friend”

“Cha-”

“Just don’t talk with me. You wouldn’t know even if I died”

THUD!

The two people are now separated by a shut door and this is the present situation. This is the first time Baekhyun looked at the past after all these days. It’s like he was quite blind. But now looking back, he realizes that he is the one to blame. Sometimes in life we all get too excited about certain things and forget everything else, don’t we? Now Baekhyun understands. Now he repents for not being a friend in need. But how can he make Chanyeol forgive him? Would an “I’m sorry” be enough? Baekhyun fell into a deep trench of repentance.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Meanwhile on the other side of the door, Chanyeol is looking at his reflection on the mirror. He is worn out. Tearful eyes, redden cheeks, messy hair, bent-down shoulders. He looks exactly like a soulless body.  Yeah totally the opposite of the happy virus we know. He is not mad at Baekhyun for dating Taeyeon or coming late at night. That’s alright. That happens. But how could he just be so clueless about his friend. His Best friend! When Chanyeol looks at the past he could see the image of Baekhyun slowly fading away from his side with the appearance of Taeyeon.

Wasn’t I his best friend all this long?

Chanyeol had gone through this state of mind quite a few months now.  But today, he was certain that his presence is no longer important in ‘Baekhyun’s plan of future’.

I thought I’ll get to be your best-man though

 

“Baekhyun, I’ll be your best-man in your wedding” Chanyeol said excitedly at the manager hyung’s wedding.

“Why so suddenly?” Baekhyun was quite confused.

“Because I’m your best friend. Manager hyung told me that his best man was his best friend from kindergarten.” Happy virus was spreading smiles as usual.

“Is that so. Then you are never gonna be my best man”

“Wae?Wae? Baekhyun-ah, Why is that?” Chanyeol’s bright smile was eaten away by those words of his ever loving best friend. “Aren’t I your best friend?”

“Pabo, I didn’t mean it that way. Of course you are my best friend”

“Then why not?”

“Because I wanna be your best man. Since married people don’t get to be the best man, I won’t you to marry first”

“But that’s not fair! Then I won’t get to be your best man. You should marry first because you are older”

“Ah how come? When I call you dongsaeng you threaten me not to and now you automatically choose to be the younger.”

“Nae”

“Okay then dongsaeng, since I’m older you should listen to me and marry first”

“No way! That’s never gonna happen. If you are gonna call me dongsaeng, then you cannot ask me to marry first. And if you want me to marry first, you cannot call me dongsaeng. Got it?”

“Hey Channie, let’s break the rules and be best men in each other’s weddings. It would feel so wrong not to have you beside me as my best man when I make my vows”

“Nae”

 

RING!

Chanyeol wipes his face and looks at his phone.

 

Sandara Park

 

Chanyeol looks at his watch. It is 12.30, almost morning. Chanyeol answers it with a quickening in his heart.

 

"Hello"

 

"Hey, it's me, Dara"

 

"Hey_"

 

"So how is our Happy Virus doing?"

"Good" Chanyeol chuckles.

"Great! Then are you free tomorrow, I mean today?"

"Ah....that.... I don't know" Chanyeol trembles.

 

*Silence*

 

 

 

*Silence*

 

 

 

*Silence*

 

 

 

"You're not fine, are you?"

Chanyeol didn't quite know how to answer. Of course, he is not FINE! Not at all. 

 

"I can help you"

 

"Hey Dara, let's talk about this later, okay? I just need some time alone"

 

*Silence*

 

"And thank you for worrying about me. I'm really grateful for that. But don't worry anymore. I'm gonna be fine. I'll get back to my happy mood. It'll only take some time. So are you with me?"

"Yeah no problem"

"Okay then. Bye!"

"Bye! I'll always be here, okay?"

"Okay"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Dara hangs up the phone and lies on her bed. She's tired. Everything that happened yesterday is really tiring. Most of all, she is worrying about Chanyeol and Baekhyun. But when she woke up yesterday, she thought it was gonna be the best day of her life.

 

"So...where are we going?" Dara finally broke the silence.

"I don't know"

"What? Didn't you plan anything for me?" Dara questioned with widened eyes.

"Why should I plan anything for you?" Chanyeol smirked.

Dara, getting a bit mad at Chanyeol, crossed her hands.

 

*Silence*

 

"Hey"

 

"Hey, I was kidding"

"Hey look at me"

Chanyeol stopped the car and turned to Dara, who was looking straight at the vehicles passing by.

 

"Hey"

"Don't talk with me"

"Okay then"

 

*Silence*

 

*Silence*

 

*Awkward Silence*

 

Dara looked at Chanyeol, who was staring at her without even blinking. She couldn't help it. She burst out laughing.

"Stop it"

"What? I didn't do anything"

"Whatever. So what are we gonna do now?"

"Now...we are gonna get off the car"

"Like seriously? Did we come wherever you wanted to come?"

"Yep, Let's go. I'll show you"

Both of them got out of the car. It was a public park. But there weren't much people though.One or two recognized them and took pictures.

"It's really nice" Dara added as they walked down the foot path. 

Chanyeol just smiled. He looked really calm. 

"So why did you bring me here?" Dara spit out the curiosity which was shaking in her heart.

"Uh...This is one of my favourite places. Baekhyun and I come here often. It's really fun. Just wated to show it to you"

"Really? Seems like you two are really close. I mean I knew you were close. But never knew it was this much strong"

"Yeah Baekhyun is my best friend. From the day he joined EXO till now he has always been with me. He knows almost everything about me" Dara could see that ray of happiness in Chanyeol's eyes.

 

Love isn't the only thing that makes ones' eyes glitter in happiness!

 

"Hey isn't that Baekhyun and Taeyeon?" Dara shouted pointing at two people who were standing few metres away.

"Yeah he must be showing her here like I'm showing it to you right now" Chanyeol's eyes were sparkling.

"Do you wanna go and talk to him?" Dara asked, seeing how excited Chanyeol was.

"No, just let them be. They need their time." Chanyeol replied, smiling.

Dara didn't know what to say. She was just surprised seeing how understanding Chanyeol was and she felt lucky being his lover.

Dara drew her fingers through Chanyeols' and held his hand tight and rested her head on Chanyeols' arm. Chanyeol looked at her and smiled.

 

Chanyeol's eyes were distracted by the people who were gathering around a small stage, which was put up in the middle of the park. He then suddenly remembered the day he and Baekhyun enjoyed the show, which was performed on that stage.

"They are gonna perform it again!" Chanyeol took his phone out and scrolled down to the name Byun Baekhyun in his contact list. After trying for more than 20 times, he put his phone inside and taking Dara's hand, ran as fast as he can. Dara was just confused about the sudden excitement in Chanyeol.

"Where are we going?" Dara asked, trying to keep up with Chanyeol.

"To Baekhyun"

"Didn't you say that we should let them be?" Chanyeol stopped and looked at Dara.

"Yeah, but he's totally gonna love this. We watched it on the first day we came here. It was so much fun and we came here often to see whether they are gonna perform it again. And it became a habit. And now they are here to perform it again. So I should tell him. Maybe they will come with us" Chanyeol was so happy that the only thing Dara could do was nod her head. Then again they were running.

"There they are!" Chanyeol stopped and took out his phone again. "Let's walk from here. I can't run any further" He called Baekhyun again.

"You okay?" Chanyeol took Dara closer with his phone in his ear.

"I think so" Dara was panting.

Soon they could see Baekhyun and Taeyeon talking with each other at the far end. A sudden smile appeared on Chanyeol's face. But soon it was  wiped away.

Baekhyun cut his call with an annoyed expression on his face.

 

He cut it.

 

_

 

_

 

 

He did.

 

 

Dara saw it all. She looked at Chanyeol and he still held his phone to his ear with an expression of disappointment spread throughout his face. 

"Chanyeol?"

He put his phone inside and turned around.

"Let's go. I don't feel well. I'll drop you" Chanyeol didn't want to do this though. Dara had no connection with this. But his heart was tired trying to find an excuse to forgive Baekhyun. 

Dara didn't say anything. She understood the situation and knew there is nothing she could say to make him feel better. But she didn't want their friendship to end. Their loud minds managed to keep them silent until it was time for Dara to get out of the car.

 

"Hey listen to me"

 

"Don't misunderstand. He was with his girl. So things like that happen, okay?"

 

"Are you listening?"

"Chanyeol?"

 

 

"That's not the reason, Dara. I totally understand that it happens. But what disappointed me was the exprssion on his face. He looked really annoyed. Like I was someone he hates. I may have been disturbing him but still_" a teardrop flowed down his face. And he wiped it right away and forced a smile.

Dara didn't know how to respond. Chanyeol was already torn. She didn't want to make it even harder for him. So letting time take the control, Dara got out of the car.

"So bye"

 

"Bye"

 

Yeah that's quite what happened.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Next few days in the dorm weren't very pleasant or happy. Chanyeol avoided every possibility of talking to Baekhyun. Baekhyun, on the other hand, tried his best to reach out to Chanyeol. It was all in vain. This made all the other members feel a quite awkward too.

Forced smile on Chanyeol's face and a silent Baekhyun in the dinner table just doesn't feel right.

"Hey Baekhyun, why are you silent? Is there anything wrong?" Suho, being the leader, starts the conversation.

Baekhyun's head shoots up.

 

"Huh?..N- Nothing. Everything's alright"

 

"Are you sure?" D.O asks, not beliving Baekhun's words.

"Yeah"

 

"I was about to ask you. What about Taeyeon, ha?" Chen shouts from his lungs.

This makes both Chanyeol and Baekhyun feel awkward. Baekhyun really doesn't know how to answer.

 

"Ah...It's going alright"

 

"That's all? Come on man.Tell us. We'd love to know"

"Yeah we'd love to know"

All the members adjusts their positions to hear Baekhyun's story comfortabaly with their eyes directed straight at him.

 

Baekhyun doesn't wanna answer. He really does not.

Chanyeol acts as if he doesn't care. To be hinest, Chanyeol kinda hates the name Taeyeon now. 

 

"Nothing much happened. really there wasn't much. Nothing interesting."

 

"Why? Don't you want us to know?"

"Hey Chanyeol didn't he tell you anything either?"

Chanyeol can feel his blood flowing through his body. He is stuck. His mouth hangs open.

 

"I-I...."

 

RING!

This time it is Taeyeon. 

 

Should I answer or not?

What will Chanyeol think?

What will Taeyeon think?

 

 

Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol and Chanyeol ignores him like he never knew him before. Like he doesn't care anymore. 

 

 'Just do whatever you want. I won't care anyway.'

 

That is exactly what Chanyeol's expressions told Baekhyun. Baekhyun feels like his heart is being riped.

 

How could you be so cruel, Chanyeol?

 

Baekhyun is not in a mood to talk with Taeyeon now. Everthing is out of hand.

 

CUT!

 

What will Taeyeon think now?

 

Baekhyun's heart cries inside, though he manages to keep his eyes dry. Baekhyun gazes at Chanyeol again. But Chanyeol who saw what Baekhyun did, stands up and walks right into his room. You may call it their room.

 

All the other mates are in an island surrounded with the sea of confusion.

 

Dumbfounded

 

"Can anyone explain to me what happened just now?" Tao's mind can not understand the situation and everyone's eyes are set upon Baekhyun.

 

That's it! I've had enough! We are talking this out!

 

Baekhyun gets up and walks right into their room, in which Chanyeol is right now.

 

THUD!

 

"What's exactly going on?"

"What's wrong with them?"

 

"Just let them be" it is the only answer came to Suho's brain. Just let it be

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Hey, let's talk about this" Baekhyun sugguests.

"About what?" Chanyeol doesn't seem to care.

"You know right well what I meant"

"Maybe... But I'm sorry because I have nothing to talk with you"

"How can you even say that..?."

"Well, I can say anything I want"

"What's wrong with you? I've had enough! I cut Taeyeon's call and I don't even know what she'll think about me. But I'm here talking to you and you are totally ignoring me like I'm no one"

"Really? You are worried about what Taeyeon will think. But did you ever worry about what I will think when you cut my call? Did you? Of course you didn't". Tears are filling up Chanyeol's eyes.

Baekhyun is running out of words.

 

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't act like you don't know, Baekhyun. I saw everything at the park. You were just tired of your best friend... Oh sorry, You were tired of who was your best friend"

"What's that you just said? Was my best friend? Chanyeol, you are my best friend"

"Well then, You are so unlucky because you are not my best friend anymore"

"What? Chanyeol, I know you are just hurt. But how can you throw people away like that?"

"How? Are you asking me? Well, just like you threw me away when Taeyeon appeared"

"Don't drag Taeyeon into this matter. She has nothing to do with this."

"Oh yeah she has nothing to do with this. I'm just talking nonsense because I hit my head in the morning."

"CHANYEOL!"

"And remember this, I'm not dragging Taeyeon into this matter. I'm just trying to show you how much you've changed since she became you're everything. Since then I've become just another come and go person to you"

"No, you're not! What are you saying? Do you even know the meaning of what you are saying?"

"Of course I know what I mean. But do you have even a slightest idea about what you did? Did you even notice that you broke my heart? I felt so unwanted when my best friend treated me like I was nothing"

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol are drowning in a river of tears.

"Chanyeol...I'm sorry. I didn't know. Just say we are best friends and stop this, okay?"

"Easy for you to say. I'm the one who suffered."

"You are not the only one who suffered. What about me? Do you think that I slept last nights peacefully? I know I'm wrong. I'm saying sorry. So why can't you just forgive me?"

"Because I don't trust you anymore"

 

 

*Silence*

 

 

Chanyeol walks out the room leaving Baekhyun crying inside.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When Chanyeol comes out, to his consternation, all the other members are in front of the door. Suho's ears sure were glued to the door, as he was thrown away when Chanyeol opened the door. Suho scratches his neck as if he was doing nothing. 

"Hey" Suho salutes Chanyeol.

But instead of saluting back, Chanyeol walks away and soon disapears from their sight.

 

*Silence*

 

"Now will someone please tell me what's going on? I asked this many times. I need an answer" Tao shouted as he was just too shocked about the best friend's behaviour. 

"Nobody knows" Kris answers patting Tao's shoulder.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Meanwhile inside the room is the one regretting.

 

Your words cut like knives, Chanyeol!

I know I'm the one to blame, but why are you being so cruel?

You know I waited for Taeyeon so long that when I got her, I just wanted to spend more time with her.

I was too excited.

I know you are hurt too.

But can't we just forget the past and make sure not to make the same mistakes?

I'm really sorry! I mean it! I'm sorry!

Please forgive me.....please.

 

 

RING!

 

Kim Taeyeon

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

"What do you say, leader? Should we get involved in this matter?" Chen's question makes everyone set their gaze at Suho.

"I think we should. I'll talk to Baekhyun" Suho turns around with the approval of his mates to go to Baekhyun. But before he reaches the door, Baekhyun comes out in a hurry.

"Baekhyun?"

"Ah Suho hyung, maybe I won't be able to come for dinner" Baekhyun leaves as soon as he finished.

 

"What's wrong with these people? Did you see his face?"Tao's voice rises again.

"That's it! We are gonna solve this problem. Everybody sit down" Suho commands.

 

"Ay, ay captain"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Baekhyun sees Taeyeon waiting for him at the park. The place, where she is standing, is quite familiar to Baekhyun. It is by the lakeside and there is a handrail, which is touched and grabbed by the two best friends many times. He walks a few steps forward, but is distracted by the faint memory that suddenly rushed to his mind. Baekhyun is standing still, but his mind is roaming somewhere else. 

 

"Ah this is really beautiful. The night view of the lakeside." Chanyeol uttered as he took one or two pictures of the mind-blowing view of the lakeside.

"The wind!I just love the wind here. It's really relaxing" Baekhyun spoke, closing his eyes.

All of a sudden, Baekhyun was dragged by his friend.

"Say cheese"

It took sometime for Baekhyun to interpret what had happened. And when he did, Chanyeol was laughing his off.

"What? Why are you laughing?"

Chanyeol could only show him their selca as he failed to stop himself from laughing.

Baekhyun's eyes widened as soon as he saw it.

"Delete it"

"No way"

"Delete it right now!"

"No way! Look at this"

"I said delete"

"You look exactly like a girl"

"CHANYEOL!"

"Ah my stomache hurts"

"MR.PARK CHANYEOL! Delete it right now or"

"Or Byun Baekhyun would be able to get the Miss World prize" Chanyeol laughed out loud.

"Idiot, keep your voice down. You are just gonna draw out their attention to you"

"Okay" Chanyeol replied, pushing his lips together, trying to stop his loud laughing. And as a result, tears came out from his eyes, making the other more angry.

"Now stop it"

"Stop what?"

"Stop laughing"

"Who laughed? Not me"

 

Baekhyun gazed at Chanyeol until he finally decided not to laugh.

 

"Hey let's buy some ice-cream" Chanyeol sugguested.

"Yeah strawberry"

"Nope Chocolate"

"Strawberry is way better than chocolate"

"Who says?"

"Well nobody needs to say. It's the eternal truth"

"I know. I know, Baekhyun. You love strawberry ice-cream simply because of its' color, pink. Girls do prefer that color"

"Stop calling me a girl"

"Then stop saying that strawberry ice-cream is better than chocolate"

"It's the truth"

"No, it isn't. Chocolate is the best flavour ever. Something like strawberry is never gonna take it's place"

"Oh come on! Everybody loves strawberry flavour"

"Well I do not"

" That's because you are dumb"

" Who do you call dumb?"

"Who do you think?"

"You know I got 80 for mathematics when I was schooling"

"Not the best"

"Still better than you"

"But I was the best singer in school"

"That has nothing to do with dumbness"

"Why not? An idiot cannot sing properly"

"In what world?"

"In Exo planet"

"Talking of Exo, we have come a long way, haven't we?"

"Yeah It's like a dream. Meeting you guys is the best thing happened to me"

"I still remember how you first came to our room, You were scared"

"But you smiled with me and it was fine"

"Remember? At the dinner table?"

"Kris hyung! Yeah I was quite scared of him at the beginning, but he really messed up that night"

"His cool image was totally erased when he lost to you"

"Well I'm the god of rock, paper, scissor"

"Remember what he said after loosing"

"Rock, paper, scissor is not my style"both of them shouted together and laughed.

 

"But you were wrong there" Chanyeol spoke up.

"Where?"

"I'm the god of rock, paper, scissor"

"Why is that?"

"I'm the one who always wins"

"No way"

"Yes way"

"Let's argue about that later! Let's go and taste that ice-cream.."

"Nice way of escaping. I just remembered. You lost to me this morning, didn't you?"

"I just love ice- cream" Baekhyun ran towards the ice-cream shop.

"Hey wait for me. Liar"

 

Baekhyun smiled. He loves those moments when they fought but always ended up happily or those arguments postponed due to their needs at present. All their arguments ended like that. But the agument that took place today is the worst argument ever. It didn't end up happily or wasn't even postponed. He wishes it never happened. But what can he do now? It already happened. And there is Taeyeon, waiting. He walks towards her.

 

"Hey" Baekhyun greeted.

"Hey. I wanna talk with you" Taeyeon said.

"Yeah sure"

" I really don't know how to say this. But I really need to tell this to you. This is bad news. I know that you'll be hurt. But I can't take it anymore"

Baekhyun's face darkened. " What is it?"

"Baekhyun, you are really lovely and caring. But you are still younger for me."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"It's just. You know, I need someone to look after me, not someone that I look after"

"Didn't I look after you?"

"You did. But it wasn't it. Because you are younger I never got that feeling"

"Is it the ?"

"Yeah that's it"

"I thought it never bothered you"

"But it did, Baekhyun.I know I'm just being crazy and this is really unfair for you. But it just doesn't feel right. And I also tried to hold on to this. I really did. But it didn't work. I think I just loved you as a brother. I misunderstood it. I'm really sorry. But this isn't going anywhere. So we should just stop it"

"But_"

Taeyeon places the ring, which Baekhyun gave, on his palm. " Hope you'll understand and move on"

"We can be sister and brother again. We can, right?"

Baekhyun just nodds.

"So hey I need to go. Let's meet again some time"

"Yeah"

"Bye"

"Bye" Baekhyun forces a smile.

 

He keeps looking at the figure of his girl fading away. He lost his girl. And he really cannot understand why. He starts walking down the park, lost in his thoughts.

 

Why?

 

 

Why?

 

Tears fill his eyes.

 

Taeyeon

 

Wasn't I good enough?

 

Age?

 

Does it even matter?

It's just a number

 

Why didn't you born a little earlier, Baekhyun?

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

"Chanyeol, try to forgive him" Dara is trying to make Chanyeol forgive Baekhyun.

"I did try. He just doesn't care. I can clearly see it in his face. He has just changed. That witch has done something to him"

"What witch?"

"That Kim Taeyeon"

"Chanyeol, don't say like that. It's not really nice."

"But she is the one in between us."

"Then what about me? Aren't I in between too?"

"No your not. Even now you are trying to make us friends again"

"But if I wasn't here, maybe you and Baekhyun would have talked this matter out"

"That's not it"

"Just forgive him. He needs you"

"No he doesn't"

"He apologized"

"Not enough"

"What else you want?"

"I don't know"

"Then how can he know?"

"I don't know"

"You are just angry with him. That's all. Just talk with him and solve it"

"No I want him to suffer"

Dara hits Chanyeol's arm. "That's really cruel" 

"He only worries about Taeyeon. He'll just be fine. He won't even remember me"

"No way! You are his best friend."

"was"

"Chanyeol"

"It's the truth"

"You know what's between you and him? You big head. You are an idiot. Both of you are hurt and want to be together like before. But your big head is in between."

"No matter what. I won't forgive him"

"Then understand"

"What?"

"If you can't forgive then understand. That is the best way to solve the problems"

"Understand?"

"When you talk about Baekhyun all the time, I do get a little angry with you. There are times when my heart refuses to forgive you. So I understand you to make it alright."

"You do?"

"Yeah I do"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kim Taeyeon

 

That name resounds in Baekhyun's mind. He is lost. He needs some one to listen to his heart. He needs some one.

 

Who would listen to me?

 

Is that Chanyeol?

 

He can see Chanyeol walking across the path.

 

Chanyeol!

 

He doesn't know what happened.

 

I'll tell him

 

He'll help me

 

Like he always did

 

 

He is running through the crowd towards his best friend, Park Chanyeol.

 

 

"You are not my best friend anymore"

 

Baekhyun's feet stops.

 

Not anymore

 

 

I lost my best friend

 

 

I'm alone

 

 

He is desperate. He turns around to leave for the dorm, but suddenly,

 

"Baek"

 

 

That voice

 

 

Baekhyun looks back in excitment.

 

"Chanyeol?"

 

"Hey"

 

"Hey"

 

Is this a dream?

 

Is it really Chanyeol?

 

"I want to talk with you"

 

It really is Chanyeol!

 

"Sure"

 

They both walks down the footpath towards the lake. They are silently searching for the words to say. But suddenly,

 

"I'm sorry"

 

What?

 

"Why are you apolagizing , Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked in amaz. "It was my fault after all. It was me, who made this all happen. I guess I was quite blind back then. I never saw what I had become. You were right. I'm the one to blame" He looks down, feeling guilty.

 

"Listen" Chanyeol puts his palm on Baekhyun's shoulder. "I'm sorry for not being able to understand you. As your best friend, I should have gone easy on you. But I think I was too hard on you. I made it even harder for you. If I understood you and talked with you friendly, it would have never happened. So it is neither your fault nor mine. It's our fault."

"Chanyeol"

"Ah don't look at me like that. It's not something that I figured out alone anyway"

"Channie" Baekhyun hugs Chanyeol tightly. Something that he missed all these days.

"Baekie, Let's be best friends forever" Chanyeol hugs him back.

"Yeah best friends"

 

"Chanyeol- ah"

"Hm"

"Taeyeon broke up with me"

"What?"

"Yeah" Baekhyun starts crying.

"Why?"

"The "

"Ah Baek, It's alright. Everything is gonna be okay" Chanyeol Baekhyun's head. "You have me. Let's punch that witch's face"

"What did you say?" Baekhyun asked getting away from Chanyeol.

"I-I said let's go and eat a sandwich"

"Oh that witch"

"Yeah that witch" Chanyeol puts his cunning smile on, making Baekhyun laugh his off.

 

"Hey I told Dara to wait for us. Let's go. She might be waiting" Chanyeol says looking at his wrist watch.

"Okay let's go"

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun are surprised not to see Dara at the place, where she said she'd be. They look around the park.

"Where is she?" Baekhyun starts the conversation.

"I don't know" Chanyeol is kinda disappointed. Just then he received a message from Sandara Park.

 

Hey Chanyeol,

          I'm just gonna let you have the best day of your lives together. That show you two were longing to see is gonna be performed today in few seconds. So run as fast as you can to the middle of the park. Enjoy!

P.S. :- I love your friendship =D

 

"Silly" Chanyeol whispers to himself.

"What is it?" Baekhyun pops his head in.

"We only have few seconds to get to the middle of this park. Let's go" Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun's hand and runs.

"What for?"

"You'll see"

 

The two best friends enjoy their selves watching the puppet show, which they were yearning to see. But most of all, they just love this feeling.

"I have my best friend beside me"

After all, we all need someone by our side, don't we?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Okay now. Let's do it as soon as they get here. Don't mess up. We need to solve this. It's now or never!" Suho explains to the rest of the team. "So did you get it?"

"Ay ay captain"

 

"NO!" Tao protests."What the hell is going on here? I didn't understand a thing you said. What's wrong with those two?"

"Why? Weren't you listening?" Sehun frowns at Tao.

"I was listening"

"Then why the hell can't you understand?"

"I-I don't know"

"Okay you are dumb"

"No I'm not"

"Just shut up"

"I won't"

 

"Will you two stop it or I'll make you" Kris yells at the maknaes.

"Okay everyboby get ready. Someone is coming" Suho says in a low voice.

"What should I do now? Can anyone tell me?" Tao shouts.

"Just shut up" Sehun hits him on the head.

"Ouch"

 

Everybody sits down and set their gaze at he front door.

 

Then comes the two lads, laughing out loud and eating ice-cream. All the members are stunned. Baekhyun and Chanyeol ,too ,are confused about the other members' behaviour.

 

"WHAT?" Chen breaks the silence.

"What?" Chanyeol replies.

"How?"

"How what?" This time it is Baekhyun.

"Just forget it" Chen ays finally, unable to understand a thing.

 

"Why are you guys looking at us like that?" Chanyeol questioned.

 

"You are eating ice-cream alone?" Sehun is trying to make the situation better.

"Ah that...We forgot to finish it in th car"

"You guys are really cruel. How can you forget about us?"

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun just smiles. Yeah that's all they can do.

 

"Alright! Alright! Now everyone, to the dinner table" Suho sugguests. Everybody walks to the dinner table, still kinda dumbfounded.

 

 

"Can anyone tell me what is happening here?Please! I just asked this so many times today" Tao shouts with all his efforts.

"Just shut up" Sehun replies, smirking.

 

Everybody busts out in laughter. It is just another fine day for EXO.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey my ever loving readers!!!!

Hope you like it!

It would be really nice if you could comment. I would love to know what you think about my fic.

Hehe ^^

So have nice day!