Chapter 1

Bare Your Fangs

As the door clicked shut, Himchan kicked off his shoes carelessly. He wandered into the living room of his small apartment and flopped down on the couch. Himchan hit a button on the remote and the television flicked to life. He glanced around the room as he waited for the image to appear. Everything was in place.

"Officials warn that recently two rogue vampires have intruded the area. Please stay aware and alert officials of any strange behavior."

Himchan sighed again and shut the tv off. He had moved here to run away from it all, but bad luck seemed to follow him everywhere.

He shut his eyes and tried to doze off, only to flick his eyes open in irritation at the loud bangs outside.

If Himchan wanted beauty sleep, he needed it in peace. Agitated by the constant clatters of who knows what, Himchan slammed open his apartment door and stalked outside.

"What the hell is going on out here? Could you shut up and let a man have his sleep?" Himchan practically screamed.

Two figure before him froze and slowly turned around.

Himchan’s blood went cold. The two men stared at Himchan, amusement flickering in their glowing red eyes. Himchan took a step back in fear, prepared to run.

But Himchan knew if he ran, the vampires would have the perfect excuse to make a hunt of chasing him.

"Well, well. Who do we have here?" The more muscular of the two addressed Himchan casually. "A human?"

"Wait bro. Doesn't he seem kind of familiar?" The other one replied.

"Does he? Well let me take a closer look." The vampire grinned, moving to Himchan's side in a flash and grabbed his chin roughly.

Himchan squirmed under the vampire’s stare and grip but tried not to further provoke the other.

"I don’t think so, but you know, I am kind of hungry..." The vampire sneered.

Himchan gasped when he saw the vampire's eyes glow brighter as he drew out his fangs.

Himchan winced when a painful tug tilted his head backwards. He struggled to prevent his neck from getting exposed in vain; The vampire only tightened the grip on his chin.

Himchan waited for the painful sting of fangs to penetrate the skin on his neck, but it never came.

He looked up when his head was released expecting to see the vampire. Instead he was met with the sight of a newcomer on top of the monster with knife and gun in his hands. Both items were clearly plated with silver.

Himchan took the chance to eliminate his presence and flee the scene without looking back. Himchan knew blood had been split; he could smell it in the air.

He slammed the door shut behind him loudly, heaving heavy breaths. Without hesitation he had ran straight up to his own apartment.

He leaned against the door, letting his back slide against the cold metal as he sunk to the floor.

Himchan sat there for a few minutes listening to his breaths. It had been such a long and exhausting day, almost to the point that he could've fallen asleep right then and there. First he had to spend a few hours getting yelled at for writing mediocre articles for a no name fashion magazine, then he just had to be attacked by two rogue vampires as well.

Himchan groaned when he heard the doorbell ring and the vibrations of someone knocking on the door. He pushed himself off the floor slowly and pushed open the door carelessly.

"What?" Himchan asked annoyed.

When he saw the other's disheveled and slightly bloodied appearance however, he stiffened. He felt a very strong craving for the blood that radiated off the other boy.

Himchan saw his own vision turn red for a split second before it returned to normal; his irises had just changed color to match his craving.

"Red eyes...You're a vampire?" The brunette in the doorway questioned surprised.

Himchan shut his eyes, changing them back to brown as he mentally scolded himself for letting his hunger take over. He couldn't help it, the day had been just too tiring.

"Yeah. But don't worry, I'm not a rogue." Himchan assured with a sigh as he leaned against the doorway. "Come in, I'll help you clean your wounds."

Himchan eyed the brunet, dragging his gaze down to look the other's face. Past all the bloodied grime, Himchan could see an attractive male; strong eyes, thick lips, toned muscles. He also noticed the other had thankfully put away his silver knife and gun.

"Don't worry too much. Most of it isn’t my blood." The brunette replied. "I'm Jung Daehyun by the way. I know it was you earlier and I just wanted to check if you were alright. Wasn't expecting you to be a vampire." Daehyun rambled.

Himchan nodded.

"Let me go get the first aid kit." Himchan sat Daehyun down on the couch. He went to the kitchen and returned with a small white box. Along with that he brought a damp towel. Daehyun would need it to get clean first before Himchan could treat his wounds.

"So," Daehyun casually injected as he wiped his face and arms, "If you are a vampire, why didn't you just fight them off?"

Himchan sighed. "First of all, it's not worth the effort. I would probably spend more energy than save any from letting them take a bit of blood." Himchan explained while he gestured around melodramatically, "Second, it was two against one, and I don't have any weapons." Himchan motioned towards Daehyun's gun. "Besides," Himchan continued to fuss, "If I had managed to take them out, there is no guarantee their rogue clan wouldn't come back for revenge. And finally, since I'm already a vampire, they can't turn me from drinking too much of my blood. Simply put, I didn't really have much to lose."

"Wow." Daehyun blinked as he took in everything the vampire had said, "You sound exactly like Youngjae when he is making excuses."

"I do not sound like that and I do not make excuses!" Himchan heard a new voice from outside the door. The new presence entered and Himchan heard him slipping off his shoes before shuffling over to the two by the couches.

"Did you finish cleaning up, Youngjae?" Daehyun grinned wide as he looked up at the other boy.

Himchan turned around to look at him too, and let out a muffled gasp when he saw who it was. Youngjae seemed to recognize him immediately too, and his eyes widened as he visibly paled.

"Uh, y-yeah I finished." Youngjae stuttered a reply, his eyes never leaving Himchan's equally shocked ones.

Daehyun, oblivious to it all, began to introduce them. "This is my assistant."

"Assistant?" Himchan murmured distractedly as he continued to stare at Youngjae.

"Yeah. I'm part of the Supernatural Guard. I'm sure you have heard of the defense organization that deals with maintaining peace between humans and the supernatural; I'm part of it. Youngjae and I are both human, but we fight for your protection as well so don't worry." Daehyun smiled.

"Human?" Himchan thought in his head, but stayed quiet when he saw Youngjae begging him with his eyes.

"I'm Kim Himchan." Himchan replied slowly, gauging Youngjae's response.

"Kims?" Daehyun replied. "There are a lot of Kims clans around. Are you mid-class? or maybe even elite?"

"Uh-" Himchan hesitated.

"Oh, its okay I don't really mind. I'm fine with all the clans that aren’t rogue affiliated. Well, all except for one." Daehyun interjected.

"I'm okay with all except the Yoon clan." The moment Daehyun spoke, Himchan's eyes flicked up to Youngjae.

He could see the hurt flash through Youngjae's eyes, and by how devastated Youngjae looked, Himchan knew it was important to keep Youngjae's identity hidden.

"Why?" Himchan asked.

Daehyun paused before he began to answer, "They-"

A phone went off and Daehyun dove his hand into his pocket. He took one glance at the caller ID before answering immediately.

"Is there something wrong- Wait what?- When?- No...no..oh my god." Himchan sent a curious glance at Daehyun as he talked on the phone.

"I'm sorry I have to take this." Daehyun directed to Himchan, who nodded understandingly.

"Is it serious?" Youngjae tried to question, but got ignored as Daehyun ran out the door.

There was an awkward silence after the slam of the apartment door, and Youngjae and Himchan were left there alone.

Youngjae slowly turned to face Himchan.

"Yoon Youngjae." Himchan breathed, "It's been a while."

"It's Yoo Youngjae now." Youngjae muttered as he rubbed his hands together nervously.

"You...why are you here?" Youngjae whispered, "Kim Himchan... The vampire's missing prince."


Thanks for Reading :))