1. The Good Samaritan

Turned Tables
CHAPTER ONE; THE GOOD SAMARITAN
 10 years ago
 
Baekhyun bit the tip of this thumb as he paced back and forth in a panic. Should he pull out that kid out of trouble? Or go home and act like nothing happened? If he went back he would get beaten up and if he went home, he would still gotten beaten up.
 
Decisions, decisions.
 
It wouldn’t have been a tough decision if he wouldn’t have met that. Baekhyun would call it a pure gangster, who was running around getting into fist-to-fist arguments, causing him to be her lacky.
 
Now, looking at the two paths; one leading home and the other leading to the park his eyes landed to the one going home. He hesitated but it seemed like home was calling him. Home it is.
 
Halfway there, a crowd came in view. They were chanting, fight, fight!
 
Baekhyun face palmed himself. “Here she goes again.” he muttered, dragging his feet to the other direction. He letted out a sigh again as he pushed his way through the big kids. The older ones looked down at the little boy with a scowl. Everyone knew him for one thing.

Party pooping. 
 
“LET GO OF HIS HEAD!” his eye widening at the scene in front of him, taking in this little girl tangling a boy 3 times her size, into a headlock. As he was going break these two up, someone held him back. “Not today Flower Boy,” a girl tutted her finger.
 
Dae Joon, the school bully gasps for mercy. During practice, he continuously teased the girl about her imperfect teeth. Of course, he learned that was the biggest mistake of his life. Her front teeth were unusally larger than the rest, leaving her bucked tooth. The bottoms were in a zig zag motion. It was a natural disaster or a unlucky set of genes. Braces were an option, but her family couldn't afford them. 
 
Don't get me started with her glasses. 
 
“You punk!” Aerin growled, tightening her grip. “WAE. IS MY TEETH A PROBLEM TO YOU? DO I HAVE TO RIP OFF YOUR FACE SO IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME?!”
 
“N-No,” he squeaked.
 
“Then. Don’t. Insult. Me, ” she released him from her grip. Dusting her hands from the garbage she just took out. Dae Joon ran for the hillS, running back to the cafeteria. Drowning in humiliation and tears. Everyone bursted into laughter.
 
Aerin smiled in victory. Flashing a dimpled grin to the boy in the crowd. He shot back with a disapproved look. The crowd high fived the teenagers before disbursing their ways. All in a good days work. By that time, Baekhyun escaped from the stranger's grip. 
 
“Yoon Aerin.” Baekhyun snarled with arms crossed.
 
She gave him an innocent look. “What Bacon?”
 
“You're an idiot.”

"You're stupid." 
 
"I hate you." 
 
It was getting late. After helping Aerin cleaning up her cuts and bruises, one of the 3rd graders walked home. Aerin accidentally twisted her ankle during soccer tryouts and could barely walk. Baekhyun carried the girl on his back, unwillingly. 
 
“Have you been eating all your mom’s pork?!” he grunted. The girl felt as if she weighed a ton but, Baekhyun was lucky enough she weighed less compared to years ago. Aerin rested her chin on his shoulder and closed her eyes.
 
"Are my teeth that bad?" 
 
"I would be lying if I said no.." 
 
“Shut up and walk,” she harshly pounded her free fist onto his head . She was tired as hell and wanted some rest. Soon after, Baekhyun arrived at her house with Aerin fast asleep. It was already 7pm.
 
“Mrs. Yoon! It’s me, Baekhyun!” he knocked onto their door. It felt like his back was about to collapse after walking up that hill. While waiting a trash can caught his attention. He looked at it then at Aerin. Should I?, he thought. Stepping slightly forward. 
 
The door opened, revealing a young woman wearing a kitchen apron. Mrs. Yoon laughed when she saw the two friends struggling. It was so adorable to watch.
 
“Ah! Mrs. Yoon. Good afternoon!" he bowed "-where do I put...it? I mean her,” the young boy asked uneasily. 
 
“You know where her room is. Upstairs and take a right. It looks like she’s got a beating at school today,” Mrs. Yoon gestured him to inside. She watched Baekhyun crawling up the stairs. Adorable kids. The only thing she did was smile widely and walked back into kitchen.
 
“I should've thrown you into the trash when I had the chance.” he hissed, finally reaching the top of he stairs. He passed her older sibling's room. Hae Bin gave him a thumbs up, blasting ear pounding music from her laptop. Baekhyun could feel the vibrations as he walked past the older sister's room. 
 
"JESUS CHRIST," The older one screamed. "!@#$#$@#!"
 
Teenagers are crazy.
 
Baekhyun sighed and placed Aerin onto her plain green bed. Annoying, he thought. Most definitely he didn't like her. Well, Baekhyun does but it was more dis than like. If only they never met each other, he wouldn't have been taking care of her or preventing her violent rages. The funny thing is Aerin clung to his side like a baby koala. Baekhyun on the other hand was irritated to the point that there's no use of getting rid of her anymore. 
 
She's everywhere.
 
Might as well and be a good samaritan and help the insane kid.  
 
She's bound to end up expelled or in jail one day. 
 
Aerin’s room was not the typical girl room you’ve would've expected. It was messy, shoes and clothes everywhere. Soccer padding scattered in strange places.
 
There were posters of famous sports players plastered onto the walls. Ranging from basketball to ping pong, half of these people he didn’t know of. He lingered in her room until he looked out her window. Outside Mrs. Byun desperately waited outside for her son in the cold. Baekhyun face palmed himself. He forgot to come home.
 
He ran out of the Yoon residence and sprinted across the street. 
AUTHOR'S NOTE: LOL I keep hiding and unhiding this chapter. Oops. But here it is! :D Comment, upvote and subscribe!