Origin

The True Story Of Cha Mi Seol

Screams could be heard, but only two people could hear them. Cha Dong Eun, and his wife, Cha Yong Jin. A young chaebol, freshly married, with a baby on the way, now stuck in a fatal situation. 

"Please..." Yong Jin begged. "You have to trust me. This is the only way she can live." Tree branches were whipped by the storm, and a fresh storm had sprung into full motion. 

"I can't, you're asking me to kill the only woman I have loved. We just have to wait-"

"For what, Dong Eun-ah? A rescue team? The soonest they said they could be here is two and a half hours." She clutched her husbands hand. "I'm going to be dead in minutes. This branch-" she moaned softly. "I'm dying, and so will our baby if you don't take her out." Tears escaped her eyes. A  prominent branch stuck into her chest. "Do it for me, please. Before I die, I want to know my only child will be safe." Cha Dong Eun yelped, crying in grief. 

"Cha Yong Jin, I need you to live, please don't make me do this," He squeezed her hand. "YAH! CHA YONG JIN!" She reached up slightly, in the most pain in her life, and pressed her lips to his. "Saranghae, Cha Dong Eun." She cupped his cheek, "Please, save our baby." Her hand fell limp, and Dong Eun cried. He took out his hunting knife and cried as he sticked her with it. Slicing his own wife open as carefully as possible. He cried, as her blood ran into the water. He held his daughter in his hands quietly however, because the moment he held her tiny breathing body in his hands, something struck his heart. Temporarily replacing the grief for his dead wife. She opened to cry, and the first snow fell. Snow on such a hot day could only be explained as a miracle; and he just stared at his life's new devotion. His new reason to live.

"Ajusshi, Please, give me the baby." Dong Eun was brought out of his trance by men in rescue team uniforms. The men scoped the snow covered body, and the baby, wrapped in the bloody clothing of the dead wife to keep warm. It looked really bad.

"No, I swear, it was the only way-" 

"Please just give us the baby, slowly, we don't want to hurt you," the man in the rescuer uniform held out his hands cautiously.

"NO!" Dong Eun scowled. "She's my daughter! She's my daughter, I need to be with her!" He stumbled backwards. The rescuer stepped forward, with his hands up. 

"Okay, see, I don't want to do anything, I just want to see if she's healthy." He held his hands up. "Now let me see the baby.

"Fine, b-but, be careful," he stuttered. He handed his daughter to this uniformed man. "Her name, is Cha Mi Seol."

"Too bad her father's a danger to her," he muttered. He raised his gun. "Please, enter the car, what was it? Cha Dong Eun?" Dong Eun's eyes widened in panic. 

"NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND." He reached out for his daughter, only for an officer to shock him with his taser. 

"Don't worry Cha Dong Eun, I'll make sure that you are able to get the help you need. We will place your daughter with a good family, this is my word to you."