Good Luck

Love You To Death

AN: Inspired by Good Luck by Beast. First of all, the story is not 100% reflected by the song but it is based on the feels I'm having whenever I listen to this song. I recommend you to read while listening to this song. Pardon any grammatical error or typo or mistakes.

 

---

 

Why? Why you leave me alone baby?
I’m still, still loving you.
Right now you’re leaving me behind but
I wish you happiness

Taeyeon downed her third bottle of beer that night; her senses started to become numb as she mumbled a few incoherent words. Tiffany just sat there; tears filled her eyes to the brim. It’s inaudible, but she could hear the sound of heart being shattered into pieces.

 

---

 

She yawned, the ray of sunlight was blinding that she had to roll to the other side so that she can open her eyes properly. As she tried to get up, a pair of arms grabbed her from behind making her fell back onto the mattress.

“Hey what the-”

“Stay.” She heard a sleepy voice mumbled.

“It’s already 10 o’clock.” She struggled to get the other’s hands off her.

“Stay.” Yet, a stubbornness.

“Fine, just stop choking on me.” Only then she was released from the strong grip. “What the hell, Jess?” She massaged her now sore nape.

“It’s the weekend, I want to cuddle.” Jessica wrapped her arms around her waist.

“Just so you know, your ‘cuddling’ term only means one thing, sleep.” She scoffed.

“Don’t be so uptight early in the morning, Tae.” Jessica said, eyes still closed.

“Whatever.” Taeyeon barked.

Jessica only tightened her embrace around Taeyeon and snuggled closer to the latter. Taeyeon looked down at the crown of her head, unconsciously smiled at the girl’s antic.

This girl was a wonder to her.

 

---

 

Like a habit, you always told me
About what will come to you and me
Like a habit, I always told you
I will do everything I can
To protect

Tiffany tried to snatch the bottle from Taeyeon’s hand but her gripped was firm that Tiffany had to surrender after struggling for quite a while. There’s no use and Tiffany decided to just stay with Taeyeon and let her to mend her broken heart; that’s the least she can do. Taeyeon’s nonsense mumbles then turned into a low sobbing before Tiffany saw a few trickles of tears finally escaped her eyes. It’s already hurt her to see Taeyeon in this kind of state, what about Taeyeon herself then?

 

---

 

“Tae, catch!” Taeyeon snapped her head as she caught the said thing in a very hasty manner. “You’re so silly.” The approaching girl nudged her shoulder.

“What? How am I supposed to catch it when you decided to throw it so suddenly?” Taeyeon glared at her.

 “You know, I was just kidding.” The girl only flashed her smile in hopes to soothe Taeyeon down. “Hey, look at what I just got for you.” She shifted their attention quickly.

Taeyeon gave her one last glare before staring at the small wrapped box in her hands. “What is this?”

“Open it, you silly.” Jessica gave her an encouraging smile.

Taeyeon did as told and her eyes widen at the content. “A necklace?” Taeyeon held it out, examining every inch of the silver locket attached to a black thick thread.

“Here, let me help you.” Jessica snatched it away before beckoning for Taeyeon to tilt her head a little so that she can put the necklace around her neck; excitement was evident in her actions.

She even carved a contented smile once the gift was finally secured around Taeyeon’s neck.

“What’s the occasion?” Taeyeon still eyed her suspiciously.

“Nothing much,” Jessica diverted her gaze somewhere else, “it’s just a small gift for… our anniversary. Look, I even have the other half of it.” Jessica showed the other part of the locket, shaped in a half of a heart; combining hers with Taeyeon’s will form a ‘You & Me’ words.

Taeyeon looked with an amused face. “Wait, what? What anniversary?” Taeyeon was bewildered for a while.

“You and me, a year ago, we met each other today.” Taeyeon stared at Jessica in confusion.

“And you actually remember that?” Taeyeon smirked. “I never know you are very fond of me to the point that you even memorised this. I’m that special to you I guess.” Taeyeon’s smirk turned into a triumphant one.

“Don’t be so full of yourself. I just want to show how appreciative I can get, unlike you.” Jessica folded her arms across her chest in a defensive manner.

“Unlike me? Well, someone sure does love me.” Taeyeon pretended to lean in to kiss Jessica but the latter noticed it that she dodged it.

“Eww, get off me. You’re disgusting.” Jessica struggled in Taeyeon’s playful hold before getting up and ran away from Taeyeon.

Taeyeon did the same and ran after her. A laughing Taeyeon and a shrieking Jessica were quite a sight that time.

 

---

 

(I wanna) Hold you tight
Make you mine
Never leave me alone
I only want you
That’s enough for me
In the end everything went wrong
Why are you leaving me behind when I’m like this

Taeyeon struggled to balance herself as Tiffany walked her down to her car; it’s already 3 o’clock in the morning. They had to stop twice as Taeyeon gave in and had to let out the nauseating contents from her stomach. Tiffany watched Taeyeon in both hurt and empathy. After she went through a hell-like walk with Taeyeon, Tiffany finally managed to secure Taeyeon in the passenger seat before buckling her with the seatbelt. She then drove off, eyes occasionally glanced at Taeyeon’s direction. Tears still flowing from the latter’s eyes silently.

 

---

 

Taeyeon’s eyes were glued to the book as she was immersed on reading it. A few minutes later, she felt a head resting on her right shoulder.

“Jess, for God’s sake it’s the library. I thought you want to study.” Taeyeon hissed.

“I’m tired, Tae. My head is going to explode soon.” She whined.

“Then why do you ask me to come here with you?” Taeyeon finally tore her eyes from the thick book before her gaze met with a closed-eyes-Jessica.

“I don’t know. Library is quiet and I just think it is right to have you with me.” Jessica opened her eyes, gazing into Taeyeon’s brown orbs lovingly.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes before looking away. “Sometimes you’re disgustingly cheesy and I feel like puking.”

“What’s wrong with being cheesy? You’re lucky that it was me, Jessica Jung, who was being cheesy with you.”

“Save it for your future boyfriend.” Taeyeon stucked her tongue out.

“You’re so eager for me to have a boyfriend.”

“I am not. I don’t even know if he can stand to be with you like me.” Taeyeon snickered.

“You’re going to on your own words soon.”

“Oh, yeah?” Taeyeon raised her brow in a provoking manner.

“You dare me?”

“I dare you.” Taeyeon smirked.

“Fine.” Jessica grabbed her things before storming away from her seat.

“Jung Jessica!” Taeyeon shouted that had attentions shifted toward her. “Sorry.” She bowed at the other students before starting to gather her belongings. Home was the best choice now that Jessica just left her alone there. Jessica’s going to come around soon.

 

---

 

Good luck baby, good luck to you
You have to be happy
Me who only looks at you
If you’re leaving me behind when I only had you

 

They finally arrived in front of Tiffany’s apartment complex, somehow she felt like it’s the best for Taeyeon not to come back to her own apartment for a moment. Taeyeon was half sober and half drunk when Tiffany told her that they have arrived. Mustering every strength left in her body, Tiffany dragged Taeyeon out of her car before a security guard there offered to help her with Taeyeon. He guided Taeyeon to the lift and Tiffany flashed him with her eye-smile as a regard, while thanked him in the process.

 

---

 

Taeyeon stared blankly at the phone screen, contemplating whether she should give Jessica a call or not. Two days and Jessica hasn’t been in touch with her at all. She asked Tiffany about Jessica but the girl only shrugged her shoulders. The same goes when she asked Sooyoung, well that girl only cares about food after all.

She decided to go for a text message instead.

To: Jess <3

Dead or alive?

Jessica once questioned her about the heart symbol at the end of her contact name, saying that it looked so romantic and cute but cheesy and gay at the same time. Taeyeon shrugged it off, not minding the complaint. She waited for a full 15 minutes before receiving a reply.

From: Jess <3

Not that u care.

To: Jess <3

I’m texting you.
So basically I CARE.

From: Jess <3

Round of applause then.

To: Jess <3

Can I call you now?

From: Jess <3

NO. U can see there.
A big NO- NO.

To: Jess <3

How about a movie later?
I bought ticket for two.

From: Jess <3

Just gimme the time.
Idk if I can make it.

To: Jess <3

Tomorrow night, 8 o’clock.
Jess, imy :(

From: Jess <3

K

 

Taeyeon stood there, in front of the cinema theatre. It’s already 30 minutes passed 8 but Jessica still hasn’t showed up. Box of popcorns in her hand has cooled down that had Taeyeon stared at it with waste. A vibration in her jean’s pocket and Taeyeon pulled out her phone.

 

From: Jess

God, I forgot. Can’t make it.
I already have a plan.
I’m so sorry, Tae.

 

Taeyeon proceeded to throw the popcorns into the nearby trash bin, hand crushing the tickets in her pocket unconsciously.

 

---

 

Good luck, baby good luck to you
Whoever you meet
You have to be happier
As much as the pain you caused me

Tiffany heard Taeyeon groaned that she rushed to the latter’s side. With closed eyes, Taeyeon called out repeatedly for that one name; Jessica. Tiffany wants to slap the out of Taeyeon and pull her back to reality but she realized that it was futile judging from Taeyeon’s condition. She’s not in her right mind but her heart still called out for whom she loved after so long. Out of nowhere, Taeyeon reached for Tiffany, pulling her down to lay next to her.

 

---

 

Taeyeon was arranging her stuffs in her locker when she felt an arm draped around her shoulders. There’s no further investigation needed to know who it was, so Taeyeon just kept on arranging her things mindlessly.

“Tae, are you mad?” She cooed in her ear.

“No.” Taeyeon didn’t bother to look at her.

“Tae, look at me.” She pushed the locker shut before turning Taeyeon’s face with her right hand. Taeyeon only stared at her emotionlessly. “I’m sorry, okay?”

“What?” Taeyeon raised her eyebrows.

“About last night,” Jessica tried to reason out.

“I’m not mad okay?” Taeyeon spoke in a low voice. “Just forget about it, not that I have any rights to be mad at you.” Taeyeon turned to face her locker once again.

“Of course you do!” Jessica gripped on Taeyeon’s arm.

“But I’m serious, I’m not mad.” Taeyeon kept a calm face.

She heard Jessica sighed. Weirdly, she felt something was off between them.

“I’m going to make it up to you.”

“What?” Taeyeon fixed her backpack on her right shoulder.

“There’s this soccer game later this evening at the uni’s soccer field. We’re going to watch it together alright?” Jessica’s gaze was so soft that Taeyeon was mesmerized by them. “Tae?” Jessica snapped her fingers in front of Taeyeon’s face.

“Wait, soccer?” Taeyeon looked confuse.

“Yeah, soccer. What’s wrong? You love soccer right?” Jessica tucked her hair behind her ear that Taeyeon had to look away for a moment, gulping on her saliva.

“Yeah, I do. But you and soccer were never a match, even from hell.” Jessica blinked her eyes before burst into a fit of laughing.

“There’s nothing wrong with some changes here and there right?”

“You’re weird.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“See you later, Kim Taeyeon.” Jessica playfully blew a kiss at Taeyeon that Taeyeon’s feet turned into jelly and almost gave away.

 

---

 

(I wanna) Hold you tight
Make you mine
Never leave me alone
I only want you
That’s enough for me
In the end everything went wrong
Why are you leaving me behind when I’m like this

Tiffany feared for the worst but then she found Taeyeon buried her face into the crook of her neck, she relaxed and hugged the broken girl. By now, Tiffany wasn’t sure whether Taeyeon has already gained her soberness or still in her drunken state. But the next words that came from Taeyeon’s mouth had her own heart broke into pieces.

 

---

 

Taeyeon looked around, trying to find a certain brunette when she finally saw her waving hands at her. Although still feeling a little doubt, Taeyeon made her way towards Jessica anyway.

“You’re late.” Jessica scolded her.

“You didn’t even tell me the time. How am I supposed to know? Good enough that I don’t have any classes right now.” Taeyeon narrowed her eyes.

“Just shut up.” Jessica glared at her.

The game that was under the universities’ league finished with their soccer team winning; score 2 to 1. Jessica was so worked up when the referee finally blew the final whistle that she stood up and clapped her hands like an excited seal.

“Jung Jessica, you’re embarrassing me.” Taeyeon eyed her weirdly, trying to pull the girl back onto her seat.

“Come on, Taeyeon. I want you to meet someone.” Jessica grabbed Taeyeon’s hand and dragged her along down the standee to the players’ bench. Taeyeon only fixed her confused gaze on Jessica’s back.

They stood there for a few seconds when a buffed guy approached them.

“Hey.” Taeyeon looked as he tried to kiss Jessica’s cheek. Taeyeon looked away dejectedly.

“Great game you got there. You even scored a goal, I’m proud of you.” Jessica praised him and they looked so indulged in their own world that Taeyeon had to clear . “Oh, anyways, this is Kim Taeyeon, my best friend,” she directed her opened palm towards Taeyeon, “and Taeyeon this is Kim Joonmyun.”

Joonmyun held his hand out which Taeyeon hesitantly took. She had a bad feeling about this. “Nice to finally meet you, Taeyeon. Jessica told me a lot about you.” He smiled.

“Oh.” Taeyeon only nodded her head in response, tongue-tied to probe further.

“Taeyeon,” she heard Jessica called her that she switched her sight to look into Jessica’s eyes, “Joonmyun is…” she saw Jessica her lips, “my boyfriend.” Her lips tugged upwards, sweetly smiling.

Taeyeon’s jaw dropped in instance, eyes almost jumped out of their sockets. was opened and closed repeatedly but no words come out from it. “Since when?” She asked.

“It has been like two months?” Jessica diverted her eyes toward Joonmyun and the latter just nodded with a smile.

Out of nowhere, Taeyeon started to laugh mindlessly.

“Tae?” Jessica shook her arm. “What’s wrong?” Jessica looked concern.

“Ah, nothing. It’s just-“ Taeyeon put a finger on her temple, “I’m not feeling well. I think I should go home now. Nice meeting you too, Joonmyun-ssi. Congrats.” The last word was barely audible cause of the tears that involuntary escaped her brown eyes; choking her. She hurried away from the pair.

“Tae! I can send you home!” Jessica shouted from behind her.

“No, it’s okay!” Taeyeon ran away as far as possible, hands hastily wiped her teary eyes. Jessica only stared at her fading figure with a shocked expression. Taeyeon kept on running until she reached a deserted area of the university. With her back leaning against the wall, she fell onto the ground.

 

---

 

Good luck, baby good luck to you
You have to be happy
Me who only looks at you
If you’re leaving me behind when I only had you

“I think I’m in love with you,”

Good luck, baby good luck to you

“Jung Jessica.”

 

AN: I really love this song. I think this is the longest shot as of now.
Oh yeah, I just want to emphasize the 'Good luck, baby.'.
Also, thanks for reading. How are you guys doing?