Goodbye

No Apologies Needed

As Tao enters the pratice room, he notices the tense atmosphere. As if they all were nervous, or worried. But of course he ignored it. 

 

The group was scattered. Suho, Luhan, Chen, Xiumin and Lay were standing in one corner of the room, talking about something. Kai, Sehun, Baekhyu, D.O and Chenyoel were sitting at the other side of the room. Both groups looked tired.

 

"Okay, guys let's begin" he says in a cheerful voice with a smile. No one is paying attention to him, they are all in their own world. So Tao decided to try again.

 

"Guys? Come on. Let's practice to-" 

 

"So no one told him yet?" Kai cuts him off, Suho nods. What the hell were they talking about? Suddenly, Tao noticed that their leader was missing. 

 

"Where's Kris?" He asks the group. No one replies. Tao grabs a fistful of Kai's shirt and pins him against the wall.

 

"I'm going to ask again. Where is Yui Fan?" Tao's mind began to make up crazy scenarios of what could of happened. A car accident? Is he in the hospital? Maybe he got captured by some crazy sasaeng fans? But if someone would of happpened to him, he would of called Tao, right?

 

"Tao" Suho's voice brings him back to the practice room.

 

"Kris filled a lawsuit against SM. He said that they were treating him like a machine instead of a human being. People say that he is just getting his contract looked over" Suho explains.

 

"Yes. And some people are saying that he's going to leave" Luhan adds quietly.

 

Tao lets go of Kai and apologizes to the rest of the members, then runs to find his leader. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tao runs around the building for about two hours, until he gives up and goes to the dorms. Tired of crying the events that he has learned of, he decides that it would be best if he gets a few hours of sleep. 

 

On the way to the dorms, he bumps into someone. Tao bows and apologizes, only to look up and see the face of his leader.

 

"Where the were you!?" He asks, full of anger, tears streaming down his face.

 

"I had to pack a few things" Kris says, not meeting his panada's eyes.

 

"Why are you leaving?" 

 

" Unfair treatment" Kris beings, which brings more tears to Tao's eyes. He already knew what Kris was going to talk about, but he didn't want to interrupt him.

 

"They treated me like a component or an object to control rather than a celebrity, or in fact, human being. Also, the inflexible schedules. You know how sometimes SM goes ahead with schedules without asking us for consent or considering our physical conditions. And, profit distribution. The agency only showed me simple calculation sheets instead of detailed profit distribution data" Kris takes a deep breath. 

 

"I knew, since the day that I signed the contract, that there could be some struggles or complications. But, this is really too much. I'm sorry Tao, but I ha-" 

"No. Don't apologize" Tao say with a shakey voice. He didn't want to put even more pressure on Kris. Tao knew, from rumours, that Kris had a heart condition (which SM didn't like to mention). He didn't want his leader to feel even more stressed out. 

 

"So what are you going to do now?" Tao asks, egar to move onto something else.

 

"Well. For one, I'm starring in a movie. Yes, I will be one of the four main actors" ahh yes. Acting. Kris always wanted to be an actor. 

 

"That's great" Tao was going to be happy for Kris, and cheer him on.

 

"Tao?" 

 

"Yes gege?" 

 

"Will you do something for me?"

 

"Yes"

 

"Tell the other members the truth. And tell them that I am sorry fo-" Tao cuts him off with a hug. This makes Kris smile and laugh a little, he rubs Tao's back.

 

"How will I survive without my little panda?" 

 

After a few goodbyes, Tao watched his leader leave. Was there something that he could of done to make Kris stay? He repeats the same question over and over in his mind as he walks to the dorms.