First day of Freedom

My WallFlower

 

I woke up and yanked myself out of bed, the morning seemed bright and sunny outside, it was nice to look at, not to play with - as my parents always told me. You come first. Your business comes second. Family comes third, and social life comes later. Well I've never had that 'later' moment, every moment of my life has been monitored. So I guess it's like forever being on camera, yeah I'll put it that way.

I glanced up and gave a small smile to the security camera in the top corner of my room. I made my way to my en suite and washed, dressed, and neatened myself so I would look presentable then grabbed my large designer bag, stuffing my ruc sack and hoodie into it then zipped it up.

"Yuri, good morning." Bowed one of the many unfamiliar butlers who handed me my jacket while I walked down the hallway.

"Ah-good morning" I replied, giving a small degreed bow. Though it was a little rude not to bow properly to an elder.. my parents had taught me that the butlers were 'beneath us' as they'd put it. I didn't agree with it, but when the camera was rolling I kept up the act.

I arrived at the dining room at exactly 6:24 am. How do I know this? My mother felt the need to alert me of it while she tapped her foot o the ground impaitently.

"You're going to be late if you don't hurry up, Yuri." She said a little softer than I had expected.

I bowed a full 90* to my parents. "Good morning mother, good morning father."

My parents bowed their head in reply.

I sat down on the seat nearest to my mother and waited for the food to be served.

Maids and butlers all filed in, carrying plates of starters and courses for this breakfast. Like every morning, I felt snobbish whilst picking out only a few of the options out of all the food infront of me, but once my plate was full I gave a smile to young-looking maid who's hands were trembling after she poured me orange juice.

"Thank you" I mouthed, her nervous expression broke into a small surprised look. I gave her another warm smile and then looked to my parents, who oddly, weren't scowling at me for being kind to the employees.

"You may begin" My father gave permission to eat, so I did. 

I took small lady-like bites of the croissant and cut up the bacon into tiny pieces to eat.

"So, Yuri. How are you feeling about today?" My mother broke the silence, smiling at me.

"I'm so excited, I'm going to actually be out- on my own! And there's sure to be loads of people to talk to and-" I stopped as my gaze fell onto my dad, who looked rather put-off unlike my mother who was beaming.

"I mean, I'm very estatic about this, I'll learn how to be independant and interact with alot of others who are similar to myself. It will really be intriguing and eye-opening." I corrected, earning a satisfied nod from my father.

I kept quiet for the rest of breakfast and finished my meal a little faster than usual. After I was done I was told that it was now '7:00am exactly' by the same shy maid, who was now fiddling with her fingers.

I gave my mother a hug.

"Oh, my little girl is going out on her own, muuwaah" She gave me a kiss on the cheek, then cupped my face, beaming at me.

I turned to my dad and bowed, he ruffled my hair. "Look at you, my little miss independant girl going out on her own, you better learn something from this okay? We don't want you to be aimless when you come back" He hugged me, shocking me for the first time today. It had been years and I mean YEARS since my own father had hugged me. I hugged him back then parted.

After getting one huge hug from both parents I handed one guard my suitcase to be put into the boot then hopped into the black limosine myself. Once I got in it finally hit me, all the excitment that I'd bottled up, I was moving out and I'd be independant, 

At least for a year.

I fell asleep sometime along the journey to the airport, the tokyo sunrise lit up the car. It felt amazing, knowing that within only a few hours, I would be touching the Korean ground I was born on. I will have my own apartment, my own stuff, no crazy meetings. Just me. Maybe the guards.... but still, it's as indepenant as I'll get.

After I was awoken from my nap, I found we were at the airport. The makeup staff finished doing my simple makeup for the last time (for a year) while I put on my sunglasses. 

"Oh, goodbye Yuri-ah. We'll miss you" She smiled, giving me a hug. I relaxed, is it strange I'm used to hugging my staff more than my parents?

I smiled then waved to them while exiting the car, taking my fake and real bag with me. I slung the strap of the chanel bag over my shoulder and began to walk swiftly with my guards, the paparazzi's camera's flashing whilst they asked questions after questions.

"Are you going to leave the country?"

"Will you begin your own business?!"

"Tell us, how much do you hope to inherit from your parents?"

"Where are you even going?"

One got in my way at one point, pushing his mic right infront of my face.

"Yuri-chan, don't leave! The children of Japan love you! The market loves you! What makes you want to go to Korea?!" 

I pushed past him while the group of guards re-grouped around me. 7 of them.

All for me just to get to the jet and leave.

I waited for 2 hours, concealing my excitment by reading Mocking Jay with a fake cover of 'Influencing the People'. The fact that my parents constantly gave me these books just screamed the career they wanted me to follow in, but honestly, I don't even know myself.

"Private Flight 0731 to: Icheon Airport is now boarding at gate 4. Thank you."

We waited a few minutes for another annoucement to be made before starting to go to the actual flight, just to get rid of those extra reporters that were pestering us.

It was already 10:00am when my flight was finally taking off, I fell asleep again and was woken up (yet again) when we landed. Now it was time for the drive to Seoul, the traffic was piled up today plus the reporters infront and behind us added 1 hour to the 30 minute drive.

It took alot of waiting, paitence, and distractions, before we finally arrived in Seoul. By then we'd gotten rid of the paparazzi and were driving to the huge apartment blocks.

As I saw them towering above me my mouth almost dropped open I even tried to open the windows but was told not to incase I was recognised. (I was going to walk around anyway, so why did it matter?) I swapped bags and tranferred all my items to my favourite ruc sack. It wasn't that tattered but you could tell it was a little worn, still comfortable though. 

I opened the mini van door and walked quickly into the building. The staff signed me in and handed me my room key, I took the lift pressing for the very top floor. Of course, my parents opted for the villa. Annnd I was right.

As soon as I opened the door. Oh. My. God. The view of the sky line right in the front room. Cute little trinkets, marble counters, soft couches, a flat screen tv, an all shower/ bath room, a small dining room and a bed room with a bed for two?

My brother told me he got a single bed, yet I had a king sized one. (In your face, er! :D HA!) 

Yuri-1      Hyuk Joon-0

I jumped onto the bed and began to bounce a bit, till I was leaping on and off it. I order some take out and switched on some music, a little bit of dubstep couldn't hurt the neighbours after all. The take out mandu arrived about 30 minutes later at 4:30pm. I tucked into my meal and finished as much as I could. the guards were in both rooms either side of me and the apartment/villa security had probably already been alerted about me coming here

At 6:00pm I finally had a bath, brushed my teeth, dressed into pj's then slipped into my king-sized bed, flopping my head against the pillow and tucking myself in tight.

Tomorrow would be my first official day out, as an adult. 

And I just couldn't wait.

 

AYYYYE So, I'm just trying something new out since I'm lacking motivating for the other fics, so here it is. This isn't a very active chapter since she's just moving in, but I'm sure she'll do something interesting tomorrow (well next chapter).

I lurrrveee chuu allllll ma TabiYuli babies, and goodnight~! <3