1

Awkward (But It's Okay Because It's You)

Authors Note: For Dorkzhang on Livejournal. Usually don't post my livejournal work up here but enjoy. Planning on a sequel.

 

 

Rosallia blinked back the tears, small hands clenched into fists, annoyed when they were cupped into a bigger pair of hands. She knew where this was going. It was always the same, the same excuse - "It's not you, it's me.", the same apologetic look as they held her hand in theirs, the same stupid "I'll always be there for you, you know that, right?" and truthfully, Rosallia knew, she knew that no matter how much they said that, she knew it would never be true because the moment they break up, it's in over. Not like she'd want to keep contact with these s, seriously, why do they always say it?

Pulling her hand out of Minho's grip, she gave him a small nod, muttering quietly "Yeah, alright, goodbye." and lifted up from her seat, ready to drive home and cry where no one else could see.

--

A quiet knock on Rosallia's door interrupted her sleep, mood quickly falling the moment her eyes groggily opened - not like she had a peaceful sleep, but still, her mood worsened at the disturbance.

"What?" She groaned, glaring as the door opened.

"May said you were home," Kris stepped in, dropping a small bag by the door. "and your mom let me in. Are you okay?"

Rosallia rolled over, pulling the blanket over her head as she groaned loudly in response. Kris, the 6 foot idiot in her room was her bestfriend, really, but how could be that stupid. Seriously, he's been there through out all of breakups, he should've known that she'd never be alright during a time like this. 


"Okay, stupid question, I know, I'm sorry. I'm just checking."

She felt the corner of her bed dip down, knowing that he had joined her, the weight of his head laying on top of her legs. "Rosallia." Kris muttered, shaking her arm, attempting to get a response out of her. "I brought some thai tea boba, and," he paused for a moment, snuggling up higher on her bed so his legs wouldn't dangle over the edge. "I cancelled all my plans to come over and talk to you. I mean, I know this is probably one of those nights where you probably won't wanna talk, so I'm here to talk about random things, stuff that'll distract you." He perked up a moment, "But!" slowly pulling the blanket off her head, he gave her a small smile ignoring the tiny furrow of her eyebrows. "If you do want to, if you want to talk, I'm all ears."

"Kris, you don't need to do this. I'm fine-"

"You said that about Youngmin." He cut in. "Haruma too." Sitting up from his spot, he leaned off the bed, outstretching his arms to grab the small paper bag. "You say that about every guy, but I know you feel better after talking about it. Sometimes you don't even talk about it, you just cry it out, but I know you feel better after it."

Pulling out one of the cups, he handed it to a straightening Rosallia, watching as she defeatedly poked the straw through the thin plastic cover, knowing that what he said was true. She'd never admit he was right, but seriously, he was right.

Poking his own cup, Kris rested his chin against his knee, straw poking between his lips. "Alright, so how will it be tonight? I talk or you do? Well actually, I can talk and you can stop me anytime, so it's whatever."

From the lack of response and the blank stares, he continued talking, taking occasional sips from his drink. "So, today at work-"

"Minho broke up with me today." Rosallia suddenly spoke, cutting Kris off - but it wasn't like he minded. He was here for her.

"I know."

"He did the same thing Haruma did. The 'It's Not you, It's Me' thing." Taking a sip from her drink, she frustratedly huffed. "Why do boys always do that." She mumbled, mouth still filled with little black pearls. "Why do they always make stupid excuses. I don't get it. Just be a man and explain what the is going on. Tell me what went wrong." 

Kris nodded quietly, watching as she expressed her self, focusing on the way her lips curved into small frowns. 

"It makes me so angry. I know," she stopped to set down her half empty cup, crossing her arms and resting them against her upright legs. "I know, that I shouldn't be angry. I used to always think that if they let me go it was their loss, but the more I get let down, I feel as if somethings wrong with me. It keeps me awake wondering what I'm not giving them and why they want to break up with me. I know it's dumb, but it keeps running through my mind." 

"If it makes you feel better," Kris set down his own cup, scooting closer. "I think it is their loss. You're everything a man wants."

Rosallia scoffed, rolling her eyes. "You're saying that because I'm your bestfriend."

"I'm not. You'e perfect." He thought for a moment, tilting his head backwards. "Ok well, no one is perfect, but you're pretty close to it."

"You're being cheesy, Kris." She whined loudly, trying to hold back a smile, smacking his shoulder as her cheeks heated up, momentarily forgetting that she was feeling a bunch of sadness and anger just seconds before.

"Rosallia." Kris spoke again, allowing the small hits. "I'm serious."

She waved it off again, shaking her head in denial. "You think that way because we're bestfriends."

"Well, then what if I said I saw you as more than a bestfriend?"

The small smile that crept up on Rosallia quickly faltered, the previous blank stare being her only expression. "Kris- You're joking, right?"

He gave his head a small shake, shrugging his shoulders, trying to act as if he hadn't just some-what-kind-of confessed that he saw her more than just a friend and wanted way more than that, trying to play it off cool. "No, not really." Oh god, he sounded so lame. 

"Kris, you have to be joking."

"I'm not joking."

Rosallia shook her head, eyes wide. "No way."

He raised an eyebrow, confused. "What do you mean, 'No way'."

She shook her head again, hiding her face in the palm of her hands. "Why?"

"Why not?"

She lifted her head, squinting at him as she gave him her 'Are you seriously serious' kind of look, knowing that he could just be messing with her like he normally did. Seriously, why would he say that? Why would he like her. Not that anything was wrong with her, but this was Kris, who was way different from every other guy. It was different because he had seen her 6 in the morning, face bare, and hair a mess. It was different because he's seen her a complete sobbing mess at 3 am after a fight with her mom. It was different because he's seen her angry over the same K-dramas, frustratedly screaming at Boys Over Flowers for the 16th time. It was different because he knew weaknesses no one else knew. It was different because it was Kris.

"So, like, the way you see me, it means, it means that.. That you like me?"

Kris let out a nervous sounding "Yeah." Running his large hands through his hair. "Yeah. I've been wanting to tell you for so long.. but I don't want to stop you from liking who you like, so I never said anything. I just kind of watched you be happy with other guys, though that was really stupid because I know I could make you way happier."

Rosallia leaned against her arms, staring at him with wide eyes. "Then why didn't you say anything."

"I was kind of scared."

"Of what."

"Hurting you. Us."

"Kris."

"I knew that those guys made you happy, Rosallia. I know I just said that I could make you happier, but what if I didn't. What if I was the reason for you to be like, well," He out stretched his hand, lighting rubbing his thumb against her tear stained cheeks. "this. I would never, I would never purposely hurt you, but I still thought about the small things that I could've done and how I could've hurt you in some way. I didn't want to risk hurting you."

Rosallia was taken back, leaning into the hand still rubbing softly against her cheek. "Kris."

"I know now isn't the best time to even be telling you this, but Rosallia, I really like you and I don't wanna see you get hurt anymore. I can't promise I won't hurt you, I mean I promise I won't do it intentionally, but I won't do what what every other did and make excuses or like that."

"Kris."

"I could also come over whenever you wanted because well, well I already do that now. I could take you out on dates better than a walk through the park, though if you like those kind of dates I don't mind taking you, but I can take you to Disneyland and we can go to the beach, I can take you to your favorite places even if it's 3 hours away."

"Kris."

"I'd also be like, your personal punching bag. You could call me right over when you're not feeling the best and I'll be here to help you ease your anger, or anything negative you're feeling. I know you do that with May, but you could do that with me too."

"Kris." Rosallia scooted closer, lightly pulling at the front of Kris's shirt, bringing him into a short kiss to shut him up. "Kris."

"Sorry, sorry, I'm rambling."

"Yeah."

Kris sat still in his place, lips tightened into a thin line, Rosallia's hand still gripping onto his shirt. "Sorry."

"Kris," She murmured, leaning back in. "You are so awkward."

"I know." He nodded, closing the small distance, lips brushing softly against hers. "I know. But it's because it's you and I am confessing this stuff to you and it's like I'm a blushing highschool girl except I'm actually just a really flustered- is that the word for it? I'm just a really flustered highschool guy confessing all this he's been keeping in since 7th grade. I don't know how to be cool when it comes to you and it's so ing embarrassing because I'm never not-cool."

"7th grade?"

"Yeah." He hesitantly pressed his lips to hers, taking the opportunity when she was still this close and not pulling away. "7th grade."

"Kris."

Rosallia let go of her grip on his shirt, pressing a better, more sure kiss upon his lips. "I can't believe you haven't said anything till now." Her arm wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer. "Till now, Kris."

"I know. I'm sorry."

Carefully, his hands found her face, cupping her cheeks and leaning in to properly kiss her, stopping momentarily before actually meeting her lips. "I know this is so sudden, I know. I know you just got out of relationship. I can wait, I've been waiting for 5 years, so I can take it slow. I can wait till you're ready. I just want to know that when you're ready, you'll want to be with me."

There was a short silence, Rosallia biting her lip.

"Will you want to be with me?"

A short nod. "Yeah, I think so. Yeah."

"Okay." Kris smiled, finally kissing her. "Okay."