We used to be a happy couple.. then we start ignoring each other. Maybe we should break up...

We used to be a happy couple.. then we start ignoring each other. Maybe we should break up...


   Aejin glared at her watch, it’s already 10pm but his boyfriend hasn’t showed up yet. She gritted his teeth, today is her birthday and Jinki already promised her if he would come after he finished his work. She cursed then kicked the chair beside her and stood up.
   “Happy birthday, Aejin-ah!” she said to herself then blew the candle in her birthday cake.
   You bastard, Lee Jinki!
   She already lost her appetite, she decided to go to her room and get some rest. She changed her clothes into pajama then lied down in her bed, she closed her eyes ready to sleep. Today is a rough day for her, her client such a . Aejin is an architect, she freshly graduated from college 8 months ago. His boyfriend Lee Jinki is a reporter, they relationship already lasted for 2 years.
   “Aejin-ah...,” someone hugged her from behind, “wake up?”
   Aejin groaned then turned around to see Jinki smiling awkwardly to her.
   “Look at your watch. What time is it now?”
   “Emm, 11pm. I’m sorry, suddenly I have to report something and...”
   “Yeah, whatever,” Aejin rolled her eyes.
   “Hey, I brought you this.”
   Jinki showed her a small birthday cake, there are candles on top of the cake, “Happy birthday my Aejin” is written there.
   “I had to bribe the employee in that bakery with extra tip,” he murmured.
   “Really?”
   “Yeah, I called the bakery for several times, then I had to came by myself and screamed in front of the store until he opened the door and...”
   Aejin had to kissed his boyfriend to make him stop talking.
   “I get that, you don’t have to explain it. But, promise you won’t do this in our anniversary later.”
  “I won’t!”
   Aejin smiled, “now give me another kiss!”
~
   “It’s burnt,” Aejin said expressionless.
   “Really?” Jinki cursed then flipped the eggs in pan.
   “That’s okay, it will be crispy.”
   Aejin is not a good chef, Jinki always be the one who cooked their meal.
   “You should gain more sleep, I can see your dark circle clearly,” Aejin said then wiped Jinki’s fringe, “you should cut your hair too.”
   “I’ll go to barber shop today,” Jinki said then took a sip from his coffee, “how’s your work?”
   “Ms. Jung is a , she asked me to do a lot of things with her house. I need the money so I should bear with her stupid behavior.”
   Jinki glanced at his watch, “I need to go now, you need a ride with my motorcyle?”
   Aejin shook her head, “I’m not in a hurry, beside you should go fast, right?”
   “Okay... Oh, Aejin.”
   “Yes?”
   Jinki kissed her, she could taste a coffee in his mouth mixed with cinnamon roll and Jinki’s flavor.
   “You know I love you, right?” Jinki murmured between the kiss.
   “Yeah,” she smiled, “and I love you too.”
   “Be a good girl for today, don’t forget to eat your lunch and dinner.”
   She nodded then watched Jinki left their shared apartement.
~
   “How’s your birthday last night?”
   “He came late as usual,” Aejin bite her sandwich, “he brought a small birthday cake to me.”
   Chaerin rolled her eyes, “Aejin-ah, you should stop acting too nice to Jinki. Your anniversary is about.. let me count... 5 days to go. I’m afraid he won’t come to the restaurant due to his freakin schedule like now!”
   “Don’t too exaggerate, he already promised me.”
   “Last night you told me if he already promised you, but he late!”
   “Point taken,” Aejin her fingers, “what can I do, he is a reporter and he is busy. I’m trying to be a good girlfriend here, Chaerin.”
   “Not too good please, you will regret your decision later.”
   “I get it,” Aejin sighed, “I love him so much really, and we already together for 2 years. I can’t just leave him like that.”
   “I understand, but he shouldn’t treat you like this.”
   “He treats me well!” Aejin yelled.
   “You should tell him how to treat you properly!”
   “Shut up,  Chaerin... Just mind your Jungsu!”
   Cherin just laughed and decided to stop teasing Aejin..

  “WHAT THE HELL?!” Aejin practically screamed.
   “Be quiet, yeobo,” Jinki glared at her.
   “I don’t in care, ! How could you say that to me!!”
   Jinki thanked his God because they already in the parking lot now, but still some people are looking at them curiously now.
   “I’ll be back in a few days, don’t worry.”
   “It’s okay if you can’t go home, but... JESICA! You will work with her in the same roof! For ’s sake, she is snake!”
   “Not just her, there are another workers too, Aejin!”
   “I don’t in care, Jinki!” Aejin yelled then stomped at his feet.
   “Ouch, what the hell are you? Hey!”
   Aejin cursed then walked towards the road.
   “Come on, I promise after that we will eat in Han’s.”
   Han’s it is the restaurant where they usually celebrated their anniversary.
   “I don’t believe you,” Aejin murmured, “you always lied anyway.”
   Jinki sighed, “please,” he kneeled down.
   “Fine, but I won’t tolerate any mistake this time.”
   “Okay!” Jinkis squealed then gave a peck in her cheek.
   “Not in public please,” Aejin scoffed.
   “I don’t care!” Jinki laughed then sneaked his arm around Aejin’s waist.
~
   It’s the 3rd night... Aejin hasn’t met Jinki, she has to be patient. She sighed then kicked the chair beside her. She lost her appetite without Jinki’s presence beside her, or maybe she should blame her cooking skill. Whatever, she still lose her appetite.
   She grabbed her coat then exited her apartement, she is craving for ramyeon now, and she decided to buy it tonight.
   She went to a ramyeon restaurant, she usually went there actually. Her ramyeon came, she blew the smoke then inhaled the ramyeon. She ate her ramyeon quietly, she took a sip a little from his glass, then she choked by her water.
   “What the ?”
   Jinki just entered, with Jesica beside him, she sneaked her arm in Jinki’s arm.
   “,” Aejin muttered, she decided to get closer and eavesdrop.
   “I heard your anniversary with Aejin will come,” she said.
   “Umm, yeah.”
   “So, how’s the preparation?”
   “Fine,” Jinki said.
   “She didn’t angry to you for took this job?”
   “Of course, she was angry to me,” Jinki sighed, “Gosh, I’m tired. She alwasy scolded me, she hates my job I thought.”
   “You should search another girl who completely understand you.”
   “You think so?”
   Aejin can’t hold that any longer, so she just stomped out from that place.
   “ you, Lee Jinki!” she yelled in her room.
   Thank God the wall is thick...

   So, today is our anniversary, he texted me to waiting in Han’s in 7pm. It’s 8pm and I’m sitting in the couch, in our apartement by the way. My phone buzzed, he texted me. Oh stupid Jinki, he apologized for being late, he is in his way to Han’s. Yeah, go to Han’s...
   About 15 minutes later he texted me?
   Where are you?
I replied, sitting in the couch... in our apartement by the way
   What the hell, Aejin? Meet me in the Han’s now!
Here we go stupid Jinki, you..
   He didn’t reply it instead 20 minutes later I heard the door opened, must be him.
   “What’s wrong with you?”
   “Let’s break up.”
   His jaw dropped, his eyes grew wider... He looks like frog.. A very stupid frog.
   “I’m serious. We started ignoring each other, and I knew you don’t like my attitude recently.”
   “Did I do something wrong?”
   “It’s not only you. It’s us, if we keep ignoring each other like this... soon or later it will end. Well, actually I got scholarship in Australian and I already said yes.”
   “How could you do this to me?”
   “It’s not my fault, well... you should grow up. I should grow up. Just for your info, I will go 3 days from now,” I sighed, “this apartment is yours, Jinki. Thanks for everything.”
   Then I left him dumbfounded.
   I love him... but I had enough...

   The day...
  “Mom! Do you see my black... Jinki?” Aejin bite her lip.
   “Emm, can I say good bye before you go?”
   “Well, you can sit in my bed while I’m preparing my stuff!”
   Jinki smiled bitterly then sat in the edge of the bed.
   “I’m sorry for what I’ve done.”
   “I already forgave you,” Aejin answered coldly.
   “You seriously want to move there?”
   “What do you think?” Aejin looked at him.
   “I love you, you know. But I think its useless to tell you about that now.”
   “We’re over, Jinki.”
   Jinki sighed then stood up then walked towards her, “I will miss you,” he hugged her.
   “I will miss you too,”Aejin smiled, Jinki kissed her forehead then relased her.
   “Be careful there, don’t forget to eat and sleep well,” he ruffled her hair, “you can call me if you feel lonely or miss me.”
   “I will.”
   He sighed then walked towards the door, he put something in her table, “a gift for you. Remember me, always.”
   Jinki left the room,Aejin closed the door then slumped to the floor. She could feel tears in her cheek, yeah he still love Jinki and maybe if Jinki insist him more she will stay here. She took the gift, unwrapped it then stared at it blankly...

   Jinki sighed, he wiped the tears in his face. He shouldn’t cry but he can’t help it, he kept walking then suddenly someone hugged him from behind.
   “JINKI PABO!! How could I leave this city after you proposed me?Now what should I do?”
   “Stay in this city then,” Jinki laughed then captured her lips with his.
   “What if I opened the gift in the plane? Are you stupid or what?”
   “Actually, I already prepared a ticket to Australia.. so, will you marry me?”
   “I will!”
   Jinki laughed then kissed her one more time.

   Inside the box there is a ring, with Jinki’s letter in there..
Dear Aejin
Will you marry me?
Maybe it was too late to ask this to you.
You can decline it, but please keep this ring to you as a souvenir.
I can’t promise you anything, but I’m sure about one thing... I love you


Always love you Jinki :)