Variety of Life

Silver Screen

A black bike is seen entering the town, moving through the buildings and finally reach one building.

 

The man on the bike steps down, taking off his helmet.

 

He looks at the building for a while, before decides to wears his helmet back and climbs onto his bike and speeds off from there.

 

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

 

The scene shifts into an office, showing one man is looking through papers of papers.

 

So many things to be done. Filming here, filming there…

 

This is what means to be working as the Chief Executive Officer of the Silver Screen Film Enterprise.

 

He takes a look at his watch as he grabs a remote nearby, pressing a button to switches on the television nearby him.

 

“Who are the actors and the actresses? We have already knows of the backgrounds and the identities of the idols, singers and even the comedians all over the world, but there is only one mystery not known by all. Who are those we called actors and actresses really? We have no idea who they really are aside from their faces and their capabilities of acting. All the identities regarding them are not available for almost everyone as it seems to be the company’s policy to not reveal the information of their workers to public.”

 

“While there are tons of companies that have contracted singers, idols or comedians, there are only one company that monopolizes the acting industry all over the world; the infamous Silver Screen Film Enterprise. There are indeed other acting agencies made over the past years, but all of them either disappears without traces or simply absorbed into Silver Screen.”

 

The man sighs, “He’s late. It’s about time.”

 

“Daddy!”

 

The door opens up, showing a girl walks into the room, waving at him cheerfully.

 

“Kara, how many times must I tell you to not enter this place just like that without even knocking? What if I am having some kind of a heated affair?”

 

“You…have an affair? Are you cheating on mom?”

 

“What mom?”

 

Kara looks sad, moving toward the man, “Daddy~, today is my birthday! Where is my present?”

 

“Owh, birthday…”

 

“You forgot about my birthday!? How could you!?”

 

The man chuckles, tapping on her head, “I have never forgotten your birthday, not even once.”

 

“Then?”

 

“Your birthday present should be coming in any minutes. The delivery is a bit late today.”

 

“Well, I can wait!”

 

The man turns panic, “Are you sure? The time will turn 7 p.m. soon.”

 

“It’s okay! Everyone is here, right?”

 

“Well, not everyone…”

 

“Good enough!” Kara walks toward the window, looking at the transition of the sky from day to night.

 

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

As the sky turns night, it seems to be natural for all buildings but homes to be empty.

 

Like always, almost all buildings are empty.

 

Almost.

 

Two buildings are seen shine brightly. One of them is the Silver Screen while others are marked DSP on it.

 

Under the Silver Screen’s building, a small group of people can be seen hanging outside of the building.

 

They then enter the place.

 

Xxxxxxxxxxx

 

the same group are now in a totally different place. The whole place looks exactly like the scenery outside, but there are vines and moss all over the place. All of the buildings look old and dull.

 

Each of them are armed with a pistol on their waists.

 

They look toward the same building they are looking at before, but that building is no longer lit up.

 

"Let's move," one of them speaks.

 

The team slowly moves toward the building, carefully looking at places around them.

 

They finally reach the building. The front of the building is filled with humanoid creatures with shedding skins all over them.

 

Xxxxxxxxx

 

Kara stands up, looking at the building from the window, "Are those Remnants?"

 

faather nods, "Yes. The mysterious creatures resemble humans believed to be humans of unknown origin, only known as Remnants."

 

She turns toward her father, "But, where is my birthday present?"

 

"Be patient. I'm sure he will arrived shortly."

 

xxxxxxxxx

 

Somewhere near the bank of sea, the man on the bike is eating hot ramyun at a stall.

 

As he finishes chewing some, he speaks up, "It feels great that at least one stall is opened tonight. It's my fault that I've arrived too late."

 

The shopkeeper looks at him, "Well, where did you come from?"

 

"All the way from Busan!"

 

"That's far. What are you doing here in Seoul?"

 

"I have a job here. A job I really couldn't say no to."

 

The shopkeeper smiles, "Ah, young blood. You sure looks ambitious."

 

"Of course! I am not the kind of person who will stand still, not achieving something awesome in life at least once."

 

He finishes his food and puts the bowl onto the counter, "One more, please!"

 

"Coming right up!"

 

The man happily eats the food, reminded by the whole reason why he comes to that place.

 

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

In an airport, the same man enters the place, carrying a big bag with him.

 

"Kyu, over here!"

 

His attention turns toward a group of people, seeing one of the ladies there waving at him.

 

Kyu smiles, looking at her as he moves toward her, "Hey, Soomi!"

 

Other girl stares at him, "Wow, Soomi only?"

 

"You too, Hyemi."

 

"Too late."

 

Kyu joins the party as he looks around before turning back at htem, "Where is our special guest?"

 

"There she is."

 

Kyu turns his back toward a youg girl behind them, smiling at him, "Hi, I'm Ryu Hyoyoung."

 

He is dumbfounded, "Aren't you... Hyooyung of F-ve Dolls?"

 

She nods, "I am."

 

Kyu turns excited, "This is so unexpected! I am a big fan! Wait, what about your schedule?"

 

"We will be going to Japan after all. It's okay if I join you guys first."

 

One man laughs, "Okay, he's totally head over heels now."

 

"What? No!" he hits him, blushing obviously.

 

The girls seem disappointed, "We're losing against an idol... not fair."

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Under the trees of cherry blossoms, Kyu and Hyoyoung are standing face-to-face, silenced.

 

Kyu moves his right hand to grab her left, but she quickly pulls it back from him, "I can't..."

 

"We can do this together. We always do."

 

"Not now. I can't allowed you to only care for me."

 

"But..."

 

"You two suit well together..."

 

"She's just a friend, I swear!"

 

"Not for her."

 

She moves to her side, start wlaking away from him.

 

He turns toward her and shouts, "I will always love you!"

 

Hyoyoung just walk away, tearing up.

 

"CUT!"

 

The two turn to one side, looking at the rest of the group nearby, with cameras and microphones with them.

 

The one sitting down speaks up, "I love it!"

 

Kyu takes out a handkerchief and moves toward Hyoyoung, wiping her tears, "Feeling okay?"

 

She smiles as he helps her out, "You are a really good actor."

 

"Thank you."

 

Soomi speaks out loud, "Would you two cut it out?"

 

"What?" Kyu asks her.

 

"You two are acting lovey dovey right now! You never helped me out with anything!"

 

"Hey, you are the one who hates being helped out!"

 

Hyoyoung just laugh at the two's bickering.

 

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

"Cheers!"

 

Hitting glasses, the group are seen drinking liquids from their glasses.

 

The idol is also there, taking sips of the glass. It's better for her to not get drunk.

 

But then her attention turns toward Kyu, who drinks a different colored drink than the rest.

 

Interested, she moves closer to him, "You don't drink?"

 

He shakes his head, "I don't like alcoholic drinks. I prefer juices."

 

She stares at him for a while with interest. It's pretty bold of him not to drink what the rest of the party did; seems rude to some people.

 

One of the men suddenly shouts, "Too bad we can only enjoy this moment before night."

 

"Yeah, what's up with such law? There's nothing wrong with night."

 

"I heard of rumors about monsters lurking around at night."

 

"Screw monsters! We are having the party all night long!"

 

"Yeah!"

 

Hyoyoung turns sour, looking at them all. Her reaction is notized by Kyu.

 

Xxxxxx

 

That night, Hyoyoung did not join the party at the hotel's area because of her tight schedule the next day.

 

As they keep on partying, Kyu excuses others and get to the bathroom nearby.

 

He can hear the loud noise outside.

 

Finished, he walks out of the place just to see something strange.

 

Nobody's around.

 

Suddenly, he heard a door opens up nearby. It is a door to the store room.

 

His head slowly turns toward the direction of the sound and...

 

xxxxxxx

 

Kyu finishes up his food and looks at the clock on his phone, "Wow, it's already too late."

 

He quickly pays for the meal and walks toward his bike, not before speaking to the shopkeeper, "I gotta go. Need to do a grand entrance."

 

He rides his bike away from the cart.

 

The shopkeeper just laughs, staring at the bike, "Some humans are just too fun to watch."

 

xxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Kara and her father is still watching the group having a war against the Remnants.

 

"Father, where is my present?" Kara becomes impatient.

 

"Be patient, Kara. He will be here any minutes now."

 

"He's late! They are going to finish their mission before him!"

 

"I doubt that."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Owh, just look," her father smiles, looking at the scene.

 

Kara is left confused.

 

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

After eventually able to enter the front door before locking it, the group moves in unison through the hallway, looking all over the place.

 

One of them does a sign language, telling them to split up and they did so.

 

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

One group moves through the corridor as silently as possible, aiming their firearms forward.

 

They suddenly stops in front of a dorr, putting their ears closely onto the wall.

 

The one at the front turns the knob, slowly opens up the door.

 

"GRAGHH!"

 

Remnants jump out of the door, charging toward them.

 

They quickly shoots them all.

 

Xxxxxxxxxx

 

Another one are in the elevator, waiting for the lift to stop.

 

TING!

 

The number is 2 as the door opens up.

 

Shots are released as they exit and move through the corridor.

 

They finally stops right in front of a door.

 

The team earlier arrives and stop in front of a door nearby the other team.

 

They look at each other for a while before nodding.

 

Both quickly opens up the doors, entering a what seem to be an auditorium.

 

Inside, there's only one creature standing at the middle of the stage.

 

One of the armed people walks forward the stage, holding some sort of a card in his right hand.

 

"Ready, action!" he shouts as he puts the cord onto the belt.

 

CLASS A!

 

The center of the belt shines as white wave of data moves all over his body, giving him a rabbit-like suit.

 

The man readies in his stance and jumps forward toward the monster, but a lot more appears from the backstage.

 

The rest moves forward shooting down onto the mooks as the suited man fights like mic-looking Remnant on the stage.

 

The Remnant keeps on dodging and dodging the attack in certain pattern, as the suited man tries hitting it with punches and kicks.

 

He finally able to grab onto the monster and jumps high to slam it onto the ground.

 

The monster growls and stands up, trying to run away from that place.

 

But then the ceiling breaks as something crashes down onto the place.

 

The man on the bike climbs down from it and looks around the place, "This seems to be a bad place to crash down."

 

Everyone just stares at him, startled.

 

The mooks roar loudly, running toward him.

 

"Be careful!" one female from the group shouts as they starts spamming bullets.

 

Kyu dodges one attack, gives a punch in the face and follows it with a kick.

 

The monster stumbles at the back, falls onto the ground.

 

Kyu chuckles, revealing himself to be wearing the same belt as the man from the group, "Time for some action."

 

He raises his hand forward, as a silver card appears in his right hand, "Ready, action!"

 

He then puts the card onto the belt as it shines.

 

CLASS ZERO!

 

Black waves appear out of the belt and all over his body.

 

Kyu is now wearing a black armor with a motive of a biker.

 

"Class 0?" one of the group members speak up all of the sudden, letting her feminine voice.

 

Kyu readies in his stance, "Let's wrap this up!"

 

The monster roars out loud, charging toward him as he throws a right punch toward it, letting it stumbles backward. He then runs toward the monster and relentlessly attacks it with his feet.

 

The white hero joins in the fight, but soon gets surrounded by the grunts, getting busied by them.

 

Kyu is still fighting against the monster and now decides to move away a bit.

 

He takes out a small rod and holds both ends with his hands. He then spins his hands in two opposite directions; forward and backward and pulls away both ends, revealing a longer rod.

 

Kyu spins it around before starts attacking the monster at its limbs, making it hard to move around.

 

Seeing the chance, he runs back to his bike and takes out an object with two handlers and pulls the two together, creating a beam of black blade out of it.

 

Running back toward the monster, he quickly slashes it several times, letting it explodes.

 

The group has finished killing those mosnters as the rabbit one mutters, "Open the extraction point."

 

One of them sets up something on the floor and all of them moves away from it, seeing that thing flashes red a lot of times.

 

A small red orb appears above that thing, growing bigger and bigger till becomes as big as them.

 

"Let's move!" one of them shouts,entering the orb one by one.

 

Kyu also follows from behind, pulling his bike's handler and lets it disappears before entering the orb.

 

The orb soon disappears.

 

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

 

All of them ended up in a huge room, with the red orb behind them also disappears from sight.

 

The man from the office walks into the room, followed by Kara, "Welcome back, Silver Actors."

 

He then sees Kyu and speaks, "It's good to see you, Kyu."

 

One of the group members walks toward the boss, "Who is he, director?"

 

"From now on, he will become an actor of this company, and also part of the Silver Screen Actors."

 

Kyu bows at them all, "Nice to meet you, sunbae-nim. I am Kyu, Agent – Class 0."

 

A female asks, "I have never heard of Class 0 before. There's only Class A, B and C for the Silver Actors."

 

The director chuckles, "Well, remember of what Hyoyoung said about the incident back in Japan?"

 

"The one about a non-actor mysteriously received Silver Particle? That's him?"

 

Kyu nods, "I guess the particle even acknowledged an internet actor."

 

The director responds, "Whatever it is, from now on, he will be a fellow actor and a comrade for all of us, so please welcome him with an open arm."

 

The group members smile at him as he smiles back.

 

Kara then approaches him, "Then, you are my birthday present."

 

"I what?"