Fin.

Baby, I'll Sing to You Anytime You Need



"Byun Baekhyun! You've been in there for over an hour!" Sehun screams, having had to piss for a good twenty minutes now with no luck at getting into the one bathroom. Why management thought one bathroom for twelve guys would be a good idea, none of them know. Needless to say, it's inconvenient. "One more minute! I swear!" Groaning, the maknae bangs his fist on the door again. "That's what you've been saying!" "I mean it this time!" Sehun groans and fishes an old gift card out of his wallet with every intention of picking the flimsy lock. He doesn't care if Baekhyun is putting on skin cream, practicing for another CF, or , he really just has to piss. But that's not what he finds. At first all he sees is Baekhyun's shocked expression, and it's nothing short of pure panic. Next is the bruises, the gashes and lacerations, covering his body. He's in his own state of shock, but that wears to guilt, how had they not seen this before? Surely Baekhyun hasn't been that sneaky in hiding it? And how long have they been there? What makes Sehun the sickest, is the fact that there's more than one scar. Baekhyun begs him not to tell Suho or Chanyeol, the two he's worried the most about overreacting. The word is like acid in Sehun's ears, but he can't quite find the words to say so. He doesn't promise, since he can't actually say anything, but once he has his voice back, which is nearly an hour later, he goes straight to Kyungsoo. Baekhyun is one of his brothers, so he doesn't feel ashamed that he was crying as he told Kyungsoo about what he saw.

It takes Kyungsoo exactly a week before he tells anyone. He promises Sehun he will take care of it, and he does, in his own way. Kyungsoo is the mother bear of Exo, no one s with his babies least they get mauled to death by him and their bloody corpse is left for the crows. But he can't do anything if it ends up psychologically ing up his poor babies. So he waits, and he watches. And it pays off, Baekhyun, he realizes, won't let anyone touch him anymore. That's strike one against whoever did this, technically strike two, but Kyungsoo hasn't seen the harm done to Baekhyun, is actually scared to. He doesn't know what he'll do when he does.

By the end of the week period, Kyungsoo makes up his mind. He needs one of the leaders to talk to Baekhyun. Kyungsoo does punishments, and the last thing he wants Baekhyun to think, is that he's being punished for something that is clearly not his fault. Suho is his first choice, he's the soother, he's like tea after a long day. But Suho is busy and therefor no where to be found. So he goes to Kris. Kyungsoo doesn't know how Kris is as a solo leader, he's not a part of the China line to have experienced it, but he trusts him. Even if he is a giant ball of awkward, he handles Tao so that's enough to convince him. "Dyo? What's up?" Kris is a little bleary eyed, leaning at least ninety percent of his body weight on his door frame. Kyungsoo almost scoffs, it's only midnight. He's surrounded by light weight sleepers. Honestly he can probably run on two hours of sleep and be more or less fine. "We need to talk, can I come in?" Kris nods, though he looks more alarmed then any other person would be. Kyungsoo doesn't sit, just jumps into the story of the past week. "Baekhyun needs help, our help. Sehun saw," Deep breaths, in and out. "he saw Baekhyun covered in bruises, cuts too. He said it didn't look self inflicted, if you were wondering. But he hasn't come to any of us, if it was fans, or anti-fans, we would have known, right?" Kyungsoo shakes himself, not really ready for a break down. "Can you talk to him? I'm too... stern." He looks up, pleading. Kris looks lost, and more than a little shaken. "Does Suho know about this?" Kyungsoo shakes his head. "Sehun told me right after he saw, that was last week. I was watching how Baekhyun interacted with the rest of the members. I'm scared confronting him will scare or anger him. He's already distanced himself." Kris ran a hand through his once again blond hair. "Does Chanyeol at least know about this?" Again Kyungsoo shakes his head. "He asked Sehun not to tell two people, Suho and Chanyeol. But Chanyeol has been watching him as closely as I have, and for probably longer." "But he's his best friend!" "And there might be a reason he hasn't told him, maybe he's scared of his reaction, I don't know Kris but something has to be said."

Kris is absolutely terrified standing outside Baekhyun's bedroom door. It's still around midnight and he's pretty sure this is not the best time to bring this up, but the light is still on so that's something. But Baekhyun shares a room with Chanyeol and that's not a good something right now. He'll have to ask him to leave, he knows. In theory Kris knows what to do, in actuality? Not so much. He's stilled with one hand in the air. He should knock right? Of course, dominance is the last thing Baekhyun needs to be shown. So he knocks, quietly so not to wake any of the others who might be sleeping. (Which is really just Tao, Sehun, and Kai, but that's besides the point.) "May I come in?" He gets a grunt and a polite yes in return. Behind the door is nothing but tension, he can almost feel a line down the middle of the room. "Um, Chanyeol? I need to talk to Baekhyun privately for a bit, can you..?" Chanyeol nods, though it's stiff. "If you're tired you can take my bed, if Tao has taken it again just, like, roll him off." Once he's gone there's nothing but silence, Kris can't help but shuffle around awkwardly. "You can sit." Baekhyun mumbles. He has an innocent air that he never had before. Kris sits, stretching his long legs and still moving his feet quite a bit. "So, I know you haven't wanted any of us to... know, but Sehun was scared for you and went to Kyungsoo, who came to me. We're your brothers Baek, you can talk to us, and if you don't want to talk to me, that's okay, it's okay to be picky about this. Sometimes a reaction is just as important as what's being told." In the middle of his talk, there's a loud thump and high pitch whining. But he ignores it. "Shouldn't we see if he's okay?" Kris shakes his head. "Even if he is hurt Chanyeol will freak out and get Kyungsoo." Clearing his throat he continues. "Now, what do you want to do?" Baekhyun bites his lip. "I- I can talk to you, right?" He looks so unsure it damn near breaks Kris' heart. "Of course." Curling further into his pile of blankets, Baekhyun nods to himself. "Okay. I need you to be patient though. I can't just, say it. It hurts Kris." Kris knows he doesn't mean the bruises. But he can see tears in his eyes and Kris doesn't want that. "You don't have to tell me anything right now Baekhyun. I want to make things better, not worse." Baekhyun doesn't respond, and Kris feels... worse? "It's getting late in fact, so, how about you get some sleep? If Chanyeol is already asleep do you want me to get him, or have me sleep in here? Either is perfectly fine." Baekhyun glances back up. "Either... one... But can you stay with me first? Until I fall asleep?" Kris nods. "Of course." He waits until the other is comfortable, then, slowly, takes one of Baekhyun's hands in one of his own. "This okay? Just so you know I'm still here." Baekhyun stills for a moment, then calms, nodding. Kris scoots his chair closer before turning the light off. Neither of them say a word.

It becomes a routine of sorts. The first few nights are silent, and not just from Baekhyun, but Chanyeol as well. Kris figures once things start to get better, then he'll talk to Chanyeol, they're close friends and he doesn't want to ruin that, but the member's well being comes first. Kris just hopes that Chanyeol will put his best friend first and not be too upset. Thankfully, he seems to understand. Somewhat. It's about noon, and Kris has just gotten up, disheveled and groggy. He finds Chanyeol leaned up against the counter in the kitchen sipping a cup of coffee. Not so surprisingly, they have a system down for coffee. One pot for the early risers (Kyungsoo, Suho, and Lay), a second much smaller, but a hell of a lot stronger, pot is made for Xiumin and Lu Han (Xiumin may love coffee but Lu Han only needs it because of his terrible sleeping habits), and a third for the late sleepers. Minus Chen that is. Today is a little different, the vocal line is out for whatever it is Kris can't remember at the moment. But apparently Xiumin either got up and made coffee for everyone, or Kyungsoo did before they left. That's about as far as his thought process can get before Chanyeol hands him a mug just the way he likes it. He takes it, with an apology on the tip of his tongue. But Chanyeol shakes his head. "We don't have to talk about it." He's too quiet, and it bothers him. "Whatever it is you're doing, it's helping some, so I'll leave it alone." Kris' mouth pulls in a frown. He hasn't done anything but hold  Baekhyun's hand and tell him stupid things he's done in Canada. He even admitted that that's the only place he ever felt lost in because of the amount of French that's spoken. Baekhyun found that rather ironic. He's tempted now to tell Chanyeol that he hasn't done anything that Chanyeol himself wouldn't do, but that wouldn't help, so he holds his tongue. The younger twists his cup around and around in his hands. "I don't know if you need any, extra help, but some nights he has nightmares. He won't talk about them, but I've gotten to where I'll play guitar for him and it helps him go back to sleep. Since you've been sleeping in there, I can teach you a song or two, you know, just in case, if you want." Not for the first time, Kris wonders if other people know just how great of friends these two are. "Yeah, yeah that'd be good. Thanks." He can't help beaming at the younger rapper.

He is absolutely terrible he finds out. Chanyeol has relatively large hands, but Kris' are huge, and it makes picking the thin strings impossible. Strumming isn't bad but holding down one string on some of the frets is frustrating. Not to mention he just can't seem to keep up with the different cords. Lay was kind enough to lend his guitar, given that Chanyeol plays his and Kris plays Chanyeol's guitar. It's good this way so Kris can watch and copy what Chanyeol is doing without having to start over everytime. However, it doesn't matter because he's just not getting it. Irritated, he flops into the floor, rolling until his face is buried underneath Chen's bed. He's tempted to give up, but Chanyeol isn't. He's shuffling through songs on pandora looking for something simple and soothing, consistent melody would be great too. "Maybe this one." He mumbles, listening to the guitar rifts. Kris isn't really paying attention, but one single line catches him, and it snags somewhere in his heart just as Chanyeol starts to dismiss it. "No, wait, I like that one." "You sure? We can keep listening, or you can just turn on a playlist at night, you don't actually have to learn to play." But Kris is determined to learn this one song at least, so Chanyeol humors him, listening more intently so he himself can pick up the cords by ear.

The guitar lessons are an all day process. Kris is just glad the vocal line is out for the day. He's already been teased by Tao, though Sehun seemed rather proud of him, which was shocking. When the others finally get home, Lay's guitar is back in it's stand by Lay's bed, and everyone seems in good spirits. Except one who isn't there at all. "Where's Baekhyun?" Kris' alarms are going off in his head, and by the looks of it so are Chanyeol's. his eyes search the room, doing an automatic head count and coming up empty. "He's at the bakery across the street, I watched until he got to the doors, he should be right behind us any second." Kyungsoo explains. They calm down, but everyone else can't understand the tension that's ebbing away. Sehun on the other hand ignores them all in favor of watching the door like its going to fly off its hinges at any moment. And it nearly does when Baekhyun flings it open a few minutes later. He doesn't stop for anyone, just stalks past with his arms wrapped around his rib cage, and a paper bag crumpled in his hand. Once his bedroom door slams shut everyone else is in a silent panic. Kyungsoo is staring at Kris, who's staring right back, everyone else is watching them, but Chanyeol, who's staring at a closed door he can't seem to get past. "." Kyungsoo sums up pretty much everything there is to say.

Kris doesn't really give two s about what anyone has to say at this point. He'd rather leave that to Kyungsoo. Instead he goes to Baekhyun, the door isn't locked but he won't go in without an okay first. Once Baekhyun hears his voice he gives an affirmative on the matter. Kris shuts the door behind himself, but doesn't lock it. Privacy, but also an escape route. "Baekhyun, what happened?" Baekhyun lets out a single sob, his body trembling with the effort of trying to keep it all in. "He- he was there. I didn't think, he's never been there before." This is the most he's actually told him, and now Kris can start to piece things together bit by bit. It's not a group of fans or anti fans, but a single male. That doesn't explain why, but it's a start. The fact that he attacked him right across from their dorm scares him more than he can say though. Kris wants to hug Baekhyun, to hold him and just let him cry for awhile. But he still doesn't know what boundaries the younger has set for himself. So he doesn't, but he holds his hand like usual and tells him it's okay to cry. That he has every right to let that out and he shouldn't hold it in. He doesn't need much more encouraging than that.

Kris wakes up with a crick in his neck and pressure on his fingers. He'll admit he's pretty slow when he first wakes up, so he doesn't really understand right away. He fell asleep slumped over the side of Baekhyun's bed while holding his hand. Well this is new. But nice? Baekhyun is curled up in a ball facing him, with the arm connected to his stretched out. There's a crease formed over his brow that Kris doesn't like. Twisting his neck, and hearing it crack quite a bit, he spots Chanyeol's guitar across the room. He's pretty sure he's suppose to play when Baekhyun's awake, but maybe it helps when he's asleep too? It's worth a shot. However it means he has to, rather slowly, pry his fingers from Baekhyun's. He doesn't wake though so all is good. It takes a second to get his sore joints to move and then realign in the chair, guitar laid out across his lap. He strums the notes so quietly they almost don't exist. But he wants to test the waters first. It's barely after dawn, just light enough to see, not enough to be awake. But when the other doesn't react he strums again, but this time louder. It's good practice even if it doesn't work. Working his way through the whole song, he feels proud, it's a small thing, but he feels good. When the song is over and his finger tips ache he looks up to see Baekhyun's face is smoothed out, serene. The pride swells, causing him to grin. Not once throughout the day does he complain about his back or neck hurting. 

Days go like that. Kris stays close to Baekhyun, everyone notices but no one says anything. And the fans make their own assumptions. Baekhyun has his good and bad days, some full of smiles and others tears. And Kris does his best to follow the drop of clues the other leaves. Like when asked who the guy is, he gets a vague answer of someone he thought was long gone from his life, only to come back right after he had healed finally. It's a slow going process, but worth it, always worth it.

"Baek, that's not even funny." Chen cringes away from the other even though he's smiling. "Gaeppsong~" Baekhyun sing songs. Everyone laughs, and Chanyeol smacks his knee beside him. He accidentally elbows Baekhyun in the ribs and Baek winces but waves him off. From the other couch Kris' breath hitches. Baekhyun notices and smiles at him, shaking his head minutely. 'I'm fine.' It says. And this time he believes him. 
Around two in the morning Kris jolts awake to the sound of rustling sheets and high pitched whimpers. Rolling out of Chanyeol's bed he stumbles to Baekhyun's side. "Baek, Baekhyun wake up." He shakes him carefully, tapping his jaw as lightly as possible. Baekhyun wakes in a fury of limbs, gasping for breath and shaking all over. "Shh, shh, it's okay. I'm right here. It's just me, Kris." It's too dark to see if he's okay, but Kris can hear his breathing calming down. Blindly he reaches for the guitar, dragging it into his lap and shifting in the ever present chair. "I can't really offer my hand, but you can hold onto my arm or elbow, whatever you can find." Baekhyun grasps his elbow, fingernails just shy of biting into his skin. He doesn't question why his hands are occupied, but maybe he's so use to Chanyeol doing this that its not surprising. Sadly, Kris isn't as use to it and frankly he has no idea where the damn frets are. But he plays them by ear until he hits the right starting note, by now he's played this one song enough that his fingers just glide along. Muscle memory. The notes bounce off the walls one after the other and Baekhyun's grip slackens over time until his hand is laid limp in the crook of Kris' elbow. He doesn't know if he's asleep or not, but he finds himself lost in the music, humming along and every now and then singing the few lines he remembers under his breath. "Pretty little lady with your swollen eyes, would you show them to me?" Fingertips twitch against his skin, but he doesn't notice. "But stay awhile, baby then you will see." Those lines drew him in to begin with, the feeling, the irony. He doesn't know the song, doesn't know what it's about, but it feels right. But if Baekhyun hears him, he won't understand the English phrasing. And Kris is okay with that.

The next day Baekhyun mumbles something about how Kris should sing more. Kris blushes and pretends to be asleep, but they both know he's a poor actor. 


"He was my ex." The younger mumbles around a cup of tea. Kris' eyes shift from the mirror in front of him, but doesn't say anything. The coordinator left to get more hairspray, because apparently his hair won't sit right. "He was perfect, you know, until he wasn't." Kris had given himself rules, guidelines, but now he broke those. Abandoning his chair he kneeled down in front of Baekhyun and hugged him. It was a loose hold, one he could have easily broken, but he didn't. He didn't cry either, just held on.

When the performance is over, they go to take their bow. There's a long line of them and Baekhyun is glued to his side, an almost there smile carved into his features. Kris desperately hopes things are getting better. But he knows they won't with that guy still around. And he doesn't know what they can do about this without possibly causing a scene. But he doesn't like pretending everything is perfectly okay. 




"Do you like playing?" Baekhyun murmurs, nodding towards the instrument. His fingers smooth over Kris', feeling the patches of calluses on his fingertips. The older shrugs. "Never would have considered it before, but it's nice learning to do new things." Baekhyun laughs quietly. "That why you're reading a self help book?" Kris glances up, witty retort on his tongue, but he ends up only shrugging. It's not like he's wrong. He just wants to be good enough for his group. "You know perfection is overrated, right?" Anyone else would tense up at Baekhyun's attempt to joke, but Kris takes it in strides. "So I've heard." 
The smaller ends up asking him to read to him, and that's how he falls asleep that night. He may just like the sound of his voice. But that's not really all Baekhyun likes about him. Kris is far from perfect, contrary to what SM tried to make everyone believe. He's awkward, misunderstood, he stumbles over words Baekhyun can't understand, and he lets him get away with things overs wouldn't. But he's sincere, and he never pushes when he knows he shouldn't. There's a heavy feeling of guilt for pushing everyone else away, but there's no way to explain why he trusts Kris so much. It's not a question, he knows with his help he'll learn to be close with the others again too.


For once, they have a real day off. It's not a "break", just a holiday in between the relentless rehearsals and lessons. It's heaven sent, everyone feels just a tiny bit lighter. Chanyeol has the stove going, a million dishes lined up on the counter top to be cooked. Kyungsoo's been bustling about with Minseok tidying the place up and putting away breakables. Sehun, Tao, and Lu Han have a spread of sweets laying about everywhere. It's the only way to make up for the lack of alcohol. Just because they have today off doesn't mean anything for tomorrow. But Jongdae has their beloved cider-cola concoction brewing already, so all is well. "Yah! Jongin, make yourself useful and go get some milk. We're out again!" Kyungsoo hollers from the kitchen. Jongin grumbles, but his wallet is already in hand and on his way to put shoes on. Baekhyun's head pops up from the couch. "I'll go with you." His eyes have a bit of a spark again, and there's paper in his hair courtesy of Sehun. Kris picked the worst time to take a nap.

"Do we need anything besides milk?" Jongin hums, thinking it over. "Pocky?" Baekhyun snorts. "No. Hell no. No more after the last 'Pocky Game'." He shudders while Jongin snickers. "But if you want any other candy, I'll pay." The younger lights up, too energetic to stand still and takes off like a bolt of lightning. Baekhyun chuckles, watching him tear through the aisles. It's nice, causing someone happiness. "Does he have you tied around his finger like I had you. Hmm, Baekhyunnie?" The blood in his veins runs cold. But it runs, and rushes to his ears where he can't hear past his heartbeat. 
Across the store, only a few yards away, Jongin grins with his hands full of sugar. "All done Hyung. Hyung?" Jongin, like most of the guys, doesn't understand why Baekhyun going missing is bad. But he knows he's terrified. Automatically he drops everything he's holding onto the closest shelf and grabs for his phone. The call rings and rings and rings until the voicemail plays. He tries three more times, each going to voicemail. 'This is Byun Baekhyun speaking. Leave your name and number and I'll be sure to call you back. Unless this is Chanyeol. Chanyeol stop filling my voice mailbox. Beep.' Next he calls Kyungsoo, his voice cracking terribly. "Hyung, Baekhyun is gone. We're at the corner store, and I was picking out candy and I turned around and he was gone. Do I search the street or wait for one of you, hyung what do I do?" On the other side of the line, Kyungsoo's breath hitches. "You wait for me. My smart boy, you wait for me. I'll be there in two minutes, keep calling him." He hangs up and Jongin does as he's told. 

They find him several streets down in an alleyway. He's curled in on himself, seemingly trying to blend in with the dirty ground and brick walls. His shirt is torn and his lip bleeding. Kyungsoo's hands are shaking with the way he wants to tear whoever did this apart. But his priority is here, taking Baekhyun home. Crouching down, he tries to keep at least a foot of space between them. "Baekhyun? It's me, Kyungsoo, can you tell me what happened?" The other just barely shakes his head no. "Alright. Alright, we'll figure out what to do about that later. For now, lets get you home, okay?" He pulls him up carefully, only touching his hands like Kris does. Once he's up, Jongin sheds his jacket and drapes it over Baekhyun's shoulders, pulling the hood up for good measures. "Can't have people noticing you like this." Kyungsoo pulls his own hood up and wishes he'd at least brought a hat to give Jongin. "What about you?" Baekhyun mumbles just loud enough to be heard. Jongin smiles lightly. "I'm fine. Just keep your head down. I'd rather pretend to be escorting a drunk friend then have people make assumptions of you." He doesn't hesitate to sling his arm over the shorter's shoulders, even if Kyungsoo does. The walk is slow, and Jongin plays it up by talking to his "drunk" friend and rolling his eyes or sighing from time to time. It's convenient he's a good actor, even better that he's committed. Kyungsoo just shuffles along, keeping Baekhyun upright when he stumbles. He didn't have a limp before. To keep himself sane, Kyungsoo imagines a blurry faced man getting beat with a crowbar. But then he thinks of the one he's holding up and can only feel sick.

They didn't think about being seen by the others when they got in. Wasn't exactly a concern at the time. But considering the fact that Chanyeol drops the plate of kimchi he's holding, maybe they should have. "Yeol, I'm fine." Baekhyun rasps. "There's blood, on your shirt." Is all Chanyeol can seem to say before mumbling something about getting the first aid kit. They sit down in Baekhyun's room, the five of them. Kyungsoo works on cleaning wounds without letting anyone see the damage. Jongin hovers by the door, unsure if he's suppose to be there but too worried to leave. He runs the small errands of getting anything and everything Kyungsoo needs, along with anything Baekhyun wants. Chanyeol and Kris stand ramrod straight in the corner of the room without meeting anyone's eyes. Sighing, Kyungsoo tells them all to leave for the time being. No one argues with him.

"Baekhyun. I don't know what it's like, what you're going through, but you can't keep doing this alone. And we can't help if we don't know anything about the situation. I hate seeing this happening to you. You're sweet, and amazing, and kind of a diva. But you're our diva, and no one does this to our diva and gets away with it. Do you understand?" Kyungsoo speaks in an even tone, careful not to raise his voice. It's easier doing that than hiding his shaking hands, he's more terrified than he knew he was capable of. Even with their crazier fans, he became distant and untrusting, not afraid. Not really anyway. Baekhyun blinks almost sleepily at him. "I'm not- I'm not alone. I know I have all of you, and my family too. I just don't know what any of you could actually do. Not when it could go public, not when it could hurt Exo or SM as a whole. I don't want that. I just hoped it would blow over. That he'd get bored, or forget me. I forget him, every tour is a blessing. New faces that don't hurt." Baekhyun breaks off into a tears. Breath hitching to the point Kyungsoo is sure he's about to start hyperventilating. "Baekhyun. Shh, it's okay. We'll figure something out, I promise." But the words don't help. Baekhyun's hands claw at his blankets, words stuttering between short intakes. "I- I ne- I- Kr-" Kyungsoo just nods. "I'll get him. Just breathe, slow and steady Baekyun, slow and steady."

When Kris peeks in, Baekhyun is still struggling to breathe but getting much better at it. Slowly he takes both of the others hands, holding one and placing the other against his own throat. Without saying anything he takes steady, even breaths until Baekhyun copies him. "What happened Baek?" The younger curls his fingers against Kris' neck unconsciously. "I was with Jongin, everything was fine. I told Jongin I would buy him whatever candy he wanted. He was right there, if I had screamed he would have heard me, but I was so scared." He shudders violently, and Kris hates how emotionless he sounds. Like he has to shut down to get anywhere. But, at the same time he figures he just might have to. "He, my ex, he, he put his hand over my mouth, so I couldn't scream." There are crescent moons embedded in his skin. The older is glad that Kyungsoo redressed Baek before calling him in. "He pulled me down the street, the- the alley, where they found me. Hit me a lot. Said things, he always said things to me, made me feel... Terrible. He wants me to think I don't belong here. But I know I do, each one of us is a part of this family, an important part. I know that. I know that."  Squeezing his eyes shut, Baekhyun tells him the last piece of the puzzle he needed. "Kris he's a trainee, that's how he knows everywhere I'm going to be. He knows too much about all of us. And I don't know what to do."

Kris punches a hole in the hallway wall. Tao bandages his hand while Chanyeol hides the damage with some tacky painting he found some time ago. No one discusses it, too scared to face where this is going. Even Baekhyun doesn't ask about his hand when he sings him to sleep, lulling him with English words and lemon tea. 
Once he's out, Kris goes to Kyungsoo. He's in tears as he tells the other man. He wants to confront him, wants to tear him limb from limb. But he doesn't want to be him, doesn't want Baekhyun to fear him like he does that monster. But how do you stop a monster without becoming the monster? And how do you do anything when everyone has their eyes on your family? Kris doesn't have those answers, but Kyungsoo does. Even if he does scoff at Kris' sentimental theatrics, he doesn't blame him. "First off, you're not taking Tao or Minseok to this guy's door step. Face it, Tao would just break into tears, not break his jaw. So just quit with that thought while you're ahead. Lets be honest Kris, the kid's sensitive. And second, Minseok is too quiet. And squishy, what do you want him to do? Kill them with his cute face? Please." Kyungsoo leans back in his chair, sipping his tea, that may or may not be spiked, and judging Kris down to his core. Kris rolls his eyes. "Well, you don't look like much either, but you're terrifying and would literally kill them just by looking at them. So." Kyungsoo shakes his head but he's smirking all the same. "No, I have a plan. But we need Baekhyun to give us his consent to it first. And the rest need to know what's been going on."

It's a little like déjà vu. Sometime close to midnight and Kris is yet again standing outside Baekhyun's bedroom door. He's scared again too. Not for himself, not even for Exo, though part of him realizes that maybe he should be. No, he's terrified for Baek, for what this will do to him. For what it's already done to him. He wishes it never happened, because why should he have to go through this? Why should anyone? But he can't change it, doesn't  have Tao's "power" over time control. But he wishes he did, just this once. Baek wouldn't have ever have met the guy who's torn him apart time and time again. But maybe fate has it's reasons. Kris doesn't like that thought though, and dismisses it instantly. Shaking his head, Kris brings himself back to the tangible reality. He knocks twice and Baek lets him in without any questions. Immediately they fill their respective spaces, Baek close to the edge of the bed and Kris in the desk chair. "What do I need to do?" Is the first thing out of his mouth and it startles Kris. It's not that he forgets how smart Baekhyun is, but that he doesn't know how Baek can read people this well and think so straight with all this happening to him. "Kyungsoo has a plan, of sorts, but he wants to run it by you first. And the others need to know about... well everything you can, or we can, tell them." Kris shrugs lamely, looking everywhere that isn't the boy in front of him. He's so young, he doesn't deserve this, why, why, whywhywhy? The string of thoughts run through his mind over and over, merging to the point it physically hurts. "Okay. Okay, yeah I can handle that." The younger's voice is meek but he looks more sure than Kris feels. "Stay beside me though, okay?" 

"Of course." 

 

Kris regrets it. The group is huddled in a loose circle in the living room, bodies squished in chairs and couches, some piled on the floor. But Baekhyun stands in the center, backed almost against the tv with Kris only inches away from him. He's been debating with himself for a good minute if he should hold his hand. With resolve he flips his palm up and waits to see what Baek decides. With the way he squeezes the life out of the appendage, Kris realizes that, yeah, he should. Thankfully Kyungsoo is the first to start talking.

"I need you all to keep quiet for a minute, this is very important and may cause a few.. changes. Baekhyun has had a problem going on for a while, a few of us have know for a bit, but, we seemed to have failed him in helping." Baekhyun made a choked noise from beside him, shaking his head wildly. "No." He groaned under his breath. Kris squeezed his hand, but did not correct Kyungsoo. "Baekhyun, do you want to tell them, or do you want me to? Your choice." There was a beat of silence before he made any indication that he himself would be speaking. "I - I dated this guy during my trainee days, oh I'm gay by the way. I never bothered saying because I didn't think it mattered, since any dating at all wasn't going to be happening. But there was a guy at S.M., we never told anyone about it, and things went badly." He bit his lip, his left hand twisting in the hem of his shirt. With a quick intake of breath, he lifted the shirt up to reveal his torso. There was a collective gasp around the room, and Kris' stomach churned. He'd never seen it, the marks littering his skin. Hadn't wanted to, it made it too real. That made him feel like a coward but it was how he felt none the less. He wanted to treat Baek like he was okay, or at least like he would be, seeing the abuse would have made the guilt for not being there unbearable. From the floor, Sehun burst into tears, scrambling to get up he launched himself into Baekhyun's arms. It didn't take long for everyone else to join, causing a massive huddle. "Don't hide these kind of things." Jongdae murmured, tears sliding down his face. One by one they cried for their brother until Kyungsoo could calm down enough to continue this little meeting. He took deep breaths from where he was squished between Chanyeol and Suho. "Okay. We have his name, now we take this to S.M. Tell them if they don't end this quietly, we'll have a full on lawsuit. Restraining order no matter which one. Keeping this under wraps is for the best, but I will go public with this if it's not taken care of." The determination in his eyes was enough to prove he meant it.

 

Four days later Joonmyun calls a meeting with their manager and the president of S.M. Baekhyun looks like he's going to puke and Kris has to physically hold him up to keep him from collapsing on the way there. He doesn't move from his chair once he's sat down. It's tense, the fourteen of them settled around a large table, half of them too antsy to even sit. The president clears his throat, seemingly waiting for one of them to speak, their manager shifts awkwardly in response. From where he stands in the middle of the floor, Joonmyun opens his mouth, but Kris cuts him off. He realizes how this will look if their leader didn't know about this. It's better, as his counter part, if he fills them in first. "Byun Baekhyun has been physically assaulted and harassed by one of the trainees. It's been happening since before debut, but Baekhyun thought once we debuted he'd be.. In the clear. But lately it seems the guy has been following him back to our dorms." He knows the president is calculating, watching the way Baekhyun leans into him, how he's holding his hand over his shoulder where Kris is standing so close behind him. But he doesn't care what opinions and conclusions he has, only cares about fixing the situation. 

"And what caused this harassment? What proof do you have?" 

This time Baek doesn't let anyone speak for him. He stands, somewhat shakily, and lifts his shirt up and over his head. Kris has to lean back some to avoid being hit with the piece of clothing. "Abusive relationship. That's what caused it. We were an item, he's a terrible person, I became something, a part of something bigger than him, and he got pissed. That's what happens with people like that, when they can't control you, when you realize you're far better than they ever gave you credit, and you finally find your place, they try to take it, they snap." Kris has to hand it to him, he's far more composed than any of the rest of them. The president is taken back, both by his words and the marks marring his skin, while their manager looks positively green. "Since- since before debut?" He whispers, horrified. Ignoring him, the president clears his throat again. "Did anyone know you two were dating? This is a heavy accusation boys," Kyungsoo hisses, while Kris' knuckles turn white on the back of Baekhyun's chair. "I'm not saying I don't believe you, just that I need a witness." Baekhyun sways slightly. "I didn't- not anyone here. My brother knew, but that was it. Couldn't we just get him to confess? Threaten him with expulsion from the company if he doesn't leave me alone? Something?" From the right, Kyungsoo hisses again. "Kick him anyway, send him to Madagascar for all I care. There needs to at least be a restraining order." Everyone murmurs an agreement. However, the president looks uncomfortable. "It's not that easy. There's a lot of scrutiny against us right now. I can't afford another court affair during this time. We could keep his activity suspended until further notice, but there's only so much we can do --" Several of the boys stand or lean closer, snarling their discontent. Kris is nearly seeing red, holding himself back by sheer will power. "Are you kidding me?" He snaps the same time Kyungsoo yells about the company's tax fraud. But he's not interested in that at all. "It could keep happening! And even if it doesn't, that doesn't mean it won't be passed on to another idol, or a trainee. What does that say about your company? That you just let it happen? That we're just toys for others to play with?" He realizes a second too late he's growling the words out while more or less crowding over Baekhyun. He means it as protection, but it probably doesn't come off that way. Kris jerks away, slamming his back into the wall in the process. This isn't - wasn't, how this was suppose to go. They just wanted to help. The president looks shell shocked. "Kris, I know. But there is only so much I can do on my own at this time. I'll keep him under lock down, but we will have to get a statement of sorts from him. A confession at best, before we can take this any further. And because this is caused from a relation between two men, it cannot be leaked." It's not the best he can do, but the best he's willing to do, Kris believes, but now he only feels tired. Without another word, he helps Baek back into his shirt that he seems to have forgotten, he doesn't want to be near the company president anymore. Baekhyun is crying, tears leaking one after another, but he still tries to smile a little, maybe to show he's not upset with them. Maybe he's tired too. Kris doesn't know anymore. The others are still arguing, still fighting for a better alternative, but it's like static to his ears. The only thing that makes it through is the quiet singing to his left. Baek seems to hear it too, because they both turn to see Luhan with his head in his hands and the lyrics from Baby Don't Cry falling from his lips. 

 

"so Baby don't cry cry nae salang-i neol jikil teni,

ojig seololeul hyanghaeissneun unmyeong-eul jugo bad-a,

eosgallil su bakk-e eobsneun geu mankeum deo salanghaess-eum-eul nan al-a."

Kris joins him, just a little bit louder. "When you smile, sun shines eon-eolan teul-en chae mos dam-eul chanlan

on mam-e pado chyeo buseojyeo naelijanh-a oh." Everyone else starts to hear them one by one, joining in a beat later once they understand. Baekhyun sits, wide eyed and teary. This is their song, but right now it's only for him. They are going to take care of him, this is their promise, even in the middle of chaos, when they're hurting for him, they will shelter him. It doesn't matter what the president thinks, what he can or can't do, because they are one, and they will make this better.

 

It made them closer than they ever had been before. They continued practicing and sessions, keeping an eye on one another and an even sharper eye on Baekhyun. If he looked like he was in pain, they called a time out. Instructors be damned. If Baekhyun said he was okay, then he was okay. The level of trust and respect was something they depended on, never pushing further than ones word. Their manager couldn't have been more proud. They've always been good at watching after each others injuries where fans can't see, but the intensity is new, raw in a way many can't understand. It was the only way to get by, to be safe. They didn't see heads of tails of the guy during the time period. But Baek still had nightmares, Kris still sing for him, and a time or two Chanyeol played for him again. If Baek napped in the car, one of the others would sing to him quietly so he could actually fall asleep. He wasn't suffering from insomnia, but the physical strain of practice was wearing on them all. And the next meeting only makes it worse, Baekhyun wasn't prepared.

 

Joonmyun wrung his hands. It wasn't hard to tell he was worried, maybe terrified even. "Hyung, what's wrong?" Joonmyun paled, staring at Baekhyun but not answering him. "Myun?" Kris snapped his fingers from the table, perplexed. Joonmyun shook his head, pointedly staring away from Baekhyun. "We have another meeting with the president. Manger hyung will come get us when it's time. He - he will be there this time. His word against Baekhyun- ours." He took a deep breath, and promptly left the room. But Kris didn't miss the way his hands shook, held out in front of himself like he was scared he would be the next to hit something. There was no hiding anymore. With this in mind he took Baekhyun's hands, thumbs pressing over knuckles in slow swipes. "It's going to be okay." The smaller man, boy, smiled up at him. It was more than he could have asked for.

 

Manager looked ill, ushering them all into the one van they insisted on. It was a tight fit, and terribly illegal, but no one wanted to be separated. It was better to be smothered in love than drown in isolation at this point. Granted legs were beyond tangled and chests constricted, it was still preferred. They kept quiet, holding hands or clasping shoulders, trying to physically become one entity. At least they had tinted windows. 

The march, as Kris refers to it in his head, is much worse. They can't lean on each other too much, not with fans hanging around the building. Skinship is fine as long as it seems natural and not... Depressing. Desperate. So he holds onto Baek loosely, watches as everyone else does the same or hides their hands in their pockets. Neutral expressions and chatting quietly about nothing. It's the hardest act they've put on. That's what he believes anyway.

 

It's the same room as before, but it feels so much smaller with just two more people. Maybe it's because Baekhyun's abuser is one of them. Because Kris wants to leap across the table, get rid of him all together. Maybe it's because the threat of his aura takes up too much space. Kris isn't sure. But he needs to do this right.

"I'm sure you all know why you're here." The president stands at the head of the table, with his chin held high. "Let's start with any questions, then proceed from there."

The monstrosity of a man raises his hand like an innocent school boy. "Mr. President? I actually do not understand why I am here." 

Kyungsoo is probably glaring from where he's standing.

The President looks intrigued instead of perplexed. "Really? Let me enlighten you. Byun Baekhyun here, has laid an accusation against you. He has told me, and shown physical evidence, of an abusive relation involving you. Do you still not know why you're here, or have I cleared it up?" For once, Kris might be proud if him. But the "accused" plays dumb. "Sir, I don't think so. You see, I don't personally know Byun-ssi. Between my training and Exo's schedule, when would we have time to be acquainted?" Kris sees the way the man beside him squeezes his shoulder, encouraging, no, he's proud. This is his lawyer, priding himself in coaching this monster. Kris sees red, flexing his fingers out and reminding himself he is better than this. "It's been said it started during Byun's trainee days, but continued even after. Do we need to show the physical evidence?" The accused doesn't respond, but his lawyer does. Says something along the lines of yes, that would be ideal. But he wasn't prepared, assumed it was a ruse. The marks, scars, every piece across Baekhyun's skin shows as he shivers. But Kris doesn't watch the shock on the lawyer's face, no he keeps his eye on the other one. The evil is twisted up in the smallest smirk imaginable. 

"You have no evidence that that was me. I have had nothing to do with Byun-ssi. Though I do hope, whoever, did this is brought to light. But I don't think anyone would be able to get to him, not with his entourage." It stings, the slap of being told you're not taking care of your own like you should be. And they feel it as a whole.

"No." Baekhyun stands, leaning slightly against both Kris and Chanyeol. "Not when you know me so well. Know where I will be, how I'll act, right when I think I'm safe. You always had patience with that kind of thing." The lawyer basically objects, pale as he may be, there's still no outright evidence. "No one can back up this claim." Baekhyun laughs, hallow and broken and it sends shivers down Kris' spine. He's still standing leaned up against him, with his hands threaded in his own hair like he's going to rip it out. "But there is. No one here knew, we agreed on that. We didn't want to cause any problems. But I told my brother." The accused seems to darken, face hardening. "You what?"

"I told my brother. I came out to him, uality crisis and all that jazz. But then," Baekhyun lifts his head a little bit, straightens up a bit more. "He saw the bruises on my arm one day. And I was so tired of lying, to him, to my parents, my instructors, myself. I finally broke. And I had to come clean." The backlash is what they waited for. "You little . YOU TOLD HIM. WE SAID NO ONE WAS TO KNOW."

Baekhyun jerks forward, hands slapping the table, voice cracking in effort not to scream or cry.

"I had to! For me I had to! I had no one on my side! And now I have my group, and they love me and they've done nothing but pick me up after I've fallen apart yet again, because of you! You're not worth this pain! But I am, and you know why? Because I would never do this to someone." He throws every curse word back at Baek, but he doesn't care, because this is all they needed. Even as s get mad on his behalf, he waves them off. It doesn't stop Tao from trying to lunge across the table when the word "" gets thrown in. But Luhan makes a grab for him, it causes him to smack his face into the table, but that won't result in any further lawsuits so there's not much else to say. He'll help him ice it later. And then he'll watch movies with Sehun, and cook with Kyungsoo. Maybe him and Jongdae can have a prank war against Jongin and Chanyeol. He'll apologize to Chanyeol, even though that idiot wouldn't ever let him do such a thing. Yes, there's plenty of things he'll do now for his little family. But first, looking up at Kris who looks so proud, he has someone to thank.

 

 

The nightmares feel worse, when he knows he's honestly okay now. It's like maybe it's all a fluke and he's really waking up from a too good dream. But Kris stays snuggled up behind him, and Chanyeol is in their room again. Sometimes Tao joins Chanyeol in his bed, and suddenly it's a sleepover. It helps some, that none of them judge him, that they're nothing but supportive. Kris sings more now, even if Tao snickers at lyrics Baekhyun can't understand. A few times Chanyeol has played his guitar, Kris singing and Baekhyun can't stop himself from joining in, even happier when Tao ad libs a rap. This is what he lives for. 

 

 

"Here in this world I’m awaked with mistakes

But it's love that keeps fueling me

Fueling me,

 

Pretty little lady with the swollen eyes

Would you show them to me?

I know I’m not that perfect

But you stay awhile

Baby, then you will see,

 

Miles away I can still feel you

Lay your head down on my embrace

My embrace

Far away,

 

Pretty little lady with the swollen eyes

Would you show them to me?

I know I’m not that perfect

But you stay awhile

Baby, then you will see,

 

                Don’t give up, baby

I know that it's shaky

Just let love consume us

Consume us…"

 

"What does it mean?" Baekhyun whispers in the dark. Chanyeol is fast asleep, and Tao's bunking with the rest of the maknae line tonight. Kris doesn't answer outright. "It means I'm not going anywhere." He says, squeezing the hand he's holding and kissing Baekhyun's temple. Baekhyun kind of wonders if Kris counts his heartbeats before he sleeps, because he probably could.

 

Touring resumes like nothing has happened. Within the next month they're to have a solo stage in Japan, and they're all excited, especially Jongin. They're going to probably be bringing back a bag specifically for all the candy and anime merch he'll find. But it's cute of the kid, so they'll humor him. Kris on the other hand, is excited, and terribly nervous, for another reason. Solos. Solo stages mean members get their own performances. And he's assuming everyone will think he's going to rap, but he's not. He's found the perfect song, even sung by a Japanese artist, but he's never sung completely by himself. And that's slightly terrifying. But there's also the fact he needs help.

"Hey, Chanyeol?" Kris has his head poked through the doorway to the kitchen where his friend is making kimchi with something he can't identify. Chanyeol hums back at him to show he has his attention. "So, um, about the Japan solos.." He fidgets, irony of the situation not entirely lost on him. This isn't the first conversation like this they've had, just a different topic. Only not really. But he's piqued Chanyeol's interest. "What about 'em? Did you pick a song, or act?" He adds the last part like an after thought, probably thinking of the maknae line. Kris can't understand why he's so nervous about this. "Uh, yeah. But it's not, I won't be rapping." He knows he's rambling but for some reason he feels like he has to explain himself, when he really doesn't. "It's by a very popular Japanese artist, but it's mostly English, and it, it just fits." Chanyeol smiles softly, and it looks so out of place it makes Kris blush. "I - I need help with the guitar part." The younger nods. "Okay, but we only have a month. Will you be able to play it on stage by then?" Kris shakes his head. "No, because I hoped you would."


 


 

Baekhyun wakes up groggy and disoriented in the middle of the night. He doesn't move, which is unlike himself, but there's a weight pressing into him that is most likely the cause. Even half out of it, he knows it's Kris. What he doesn't get, is what woke him in the first place, until he hears it again. "Wo ai ni..." The need to move is lost completely now. But first, he assumes he's dreaming, but why would he dream in Chinese? There's light breath tickling his hair, and he can feel Kris there, he's not dreaming. So is Kris? He sleep talks, and in Mandarin, so it's possible. Baekhyun wants so bad to turn and look, if he sees his face he'll know. But... Does he really want to know? He thinks he might not, hope is an ugly thing, one he doesn't want to deal with. There's fingers tapping over his stomach, rhythmless, restless even. Baekhyun has to fight to keep his breathing even, his body lax. Kris is very much not asleep, so what in the actual ?


 

Baekhyun doesn't sleep well after that night, and it's not from nightmares, can't even say it is. He assures everyone he's fine, that maybe his mind has come up with this habit of waking up now. Except he can't seem to fall asleep at all. And Kris singing to him just makes it worse.

 

"Tao!" Baekhyun screams before the younger can pass him. Tao jumps, cursing in his mother tongue. "Hyung! I almost dropped my phone!" He whines, but comes over none the less. "What is it?" His brow furrows as he watches his hyungs expression. Baekhyun knows his eye bags rival Tao's now. "Can you teach me some English? Please?" Tao looks nothing short of confused now. "Me? My English is very rough, Kris-ge would be much better at-" His eyes widen in comprehension. "This is about him isn't it? You finally caught on." Baekhyuns blanches. "I don't know about "finally", but I need to understand. Please?" He gives him his best puppy dog pout until Tao caves. "Fine! But we're only doing a crash course," He warns, holding one finger in Baekhyun's face and glaring down. "Like I said, my English is very rough." Baekhyun squeals, rushing forward and wrapping his arms around the other. "Thank you!" He doesn't even think about the fact this is the first time in a long time he's actually hugged his friend. Tao doesn't comment on it either, just pats his back fondly. "Any time, Beef." 

 

 

The stadium is bigger than Kris could have imagined. Which he doesn't know why he thought it'd be smaller, but he did. The solos are beautiful, each of them showcasing their own talents. If you asked Kris what each song was, he wouldn't be able to tell you, too swept away in pride. He hears Baekhyun when he sings, but the words don't exist. But Kris doesn't know Japanese either, so that might be an added factor. They each grin to each other off stage, words of encouragement filling the air in every language they know, even a few that they don't. When it's Kris' turn, he finds that he's shaking. It lessens some when Chanyeol sprints on stage from the opposite side, guitar in hand. There's two high backed chairs in the center of the stage, one pulled slightly closer to the crowd. Kris takes a few lungfuls of air to calm down while his friend strums out the first section of the song. But he doesn't have long to wait.

 

"Leave you lying in your bed

Black rain is in my head
As the sun fills the blue sky
There is danger on the horizon
We can't stay to see this war
So I'll move you to the shores
Where you'll be so far from home,"

 

His voice cracks some in the beginning, tempo picking up slowly, but the crowd's shock is worth it.


"Sa-ku-ra,
Is falling down,

This is the way, the way, the way, the way to guard you
To be far away, away, away from you
I'll do anything to take away the pain that harms you
And count every second till the skies are blue

Now we have to face our fears
It might turn our smiles to tears
But we're right on the front line
So for now we can't reunite
I keep dreaming of the past
But it just never lasts
How I wish time could go back

Sa-ku-ra
Is falling down

This is the way, the way, the way, the way to guard you
To be far away, away, away from you
I'll do anything to take away the pain that harms you
And count every second till the skies are blue

Kon'nanimo sekai wa hare terunoni
Ima mo kokoro wa nureta mama
Afureru namida wa sonomamade ii
Me o tojireba anogoro ni modorerukara

This is the way, the way, the way, the way to guard you
To be far away, away, away from you
I'll do anything to take away the pain that harms you
And count every second till the skies are blue."

 

Baekhyun understands, maybe not all of it, but enough. He watches from the side of the stage with the rest of Exo behind him. Tao has his hands on his shoulders and he can feel him smirking. Baekhyun understands and he wants to run out on stage and tell him that, but he has to wait. He hates waiting.

Kris' performance was the last one, something he had asked for, and now everyone gets why. The applause is deafening, and Kris has tears in his eyes where he hides them in Chanyeol's shirt. The rest of the group runs out to join them in their line up, hands reaching out way before they've gotten to anyone. Joonmyun thanks the fans, tearing up himself and choking a bit on his words. As everyone starts to bow as one, Baekhyun grips Kris' and Tao's hand, and then lets go. He reaches around Tao and slips the mic from his leader's grasp. Joonmyun straightens, staring at him in confusion. "I would like to thank you all for being here tonight," Baekhyun starts off, in practiced Japanese. "And I would like to also apologize to all of you, to those who are here and those who are not." Each member cranes around each other to gape at him. "What are you apologizing for?" Luhan hisses, but the younger ignores him. "I haven't been myself, and that's made me distant. But these guys here beside me, these wonderful brothers of mine, have helped more than I can say. So please, continue loving and supporting them, because they are truly the best people I have ever met. And I am so happy to be a part of this group, and surrounded by such love. Thank you, each and every one of you for cheering us on and being there for us. I love you, we love you." Baekhyun ends his speech with tears in his eyes and a smile on his face, and he couldn't be happier. They continue their chant of "Exo, we are one" and bow in a line, the lights go off on stage and slowly, they file out. The cheering doesn't end until they've gotten in the two vans, and even then it's only muffled by the metal and frenzied whispers. "Baekhyun, that, I wasn't expecting that!" Jongdae exclaims, surprise still lit up in his eyes. Baekhyun laughs it off. He's still so happy, almost too happy. It feels like every cell in his body is electrified, thrumming with pent up energy. There's only six of them in this van, and it's just him and Kris in the far back seat. Kris hasn't said anything to him, not yet, but when he looks down at him there's so much in his eyes. Baekhyun can see what's there, but they can't talk about it, not here. He waits, as well as he can, until Jongdae is too immersed in his iPod, and Minseok and Jongin are asleep. Yixing is in the front seat and in his own world, so Baekhyun is far from worried about him. Quietly, he nudges Kris' shoulder. He looks down, raising an eyebrow in question. Baekhyun grins back. He doesn't stop himself from reaching up and skimming the pad of his thumb over Kris' cheekbone. "Thank you," He mouths. Kris smiles and it's like seeing the sun for the first time in so long. Baekhyun knows, he doesn't have to be with Kris to feel alive and whole, but he wants to more than anything. He keeps his hands where it's cupping the other's face and cranes closer. Kris doesn't shy away, but meets him half way. The kiss is tender, but Kris pulls him in close and doesn't treat him like he's made of glass, which Baekhyun appreciates. Where his ex had known all of his weaknesses, Kris knows all of Baekhyun's strengths. No, maybe Baekhyun doesn't need him, but he trusts him, and that's more than enough. He's proved that much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: This is the monster of a oneshot that took me forever to finish.It stole my heart and won't give it back. Comments would be loved for this one. If there's any editing needed, let me know.

 

<3Eunnie