Prologue

Strawberry Shampoo

prologue

Kris thought he'd never felt worse than he did at the moment. He still was suffering from a pounding headache due to drinking too much the night before, and here he was again, head slumped on the bar, completely trashed. He had told the bartender to put anything he got on his family's tab. Might as well make his jerk of a dad pay for what he'd forced Kris to do. 

Kris took another gulp of his beer and stood up, swaying a bit before finally steadying himself. He began to wander around the club, hoping someone would catch his eye. 

A few moments later, someone did. He had shaggy black hair and his eyes were as bloodshot as Kris imagined his own were. This guy seemed to be a decent person, Kris' drunk brain rationalized. 

Kris had never believed in one night stands, and knew that if he went through with what he knew would soon follow, he might very well start a relationship. Not that he would mind having a boyfriend. It would show his dad that Kris didn't care what he thought. 

He approached the boy, noticing how young he looked. Kris would have to make sure that he was of legal age because he had no wish to get in trouble with the law. He had enough issues to deal with as it was. 

"Hey, gorgeous!" The boy smirked as he saw Kris headed his way. "I'm Tao. What's your name?"

"Uh, Kris..." He paused, wondering how to approach the conversation of sleeping together. 

"Lovely!" The other responded enthusiastically. "And yes, I am legal, and yes, I'll sleep with you."

Kris was a bit shocked at Tao's forwardness, but instantly forgot due to the large amount of alcohol coursing through his body. The boy sidling up next him didn't hurt either. 

"Okay," Kris said, taking the smaller boy by the hand and leading him toward the door. "Let's go to my place. And just so you know, I don't believe in one night stands."