Chapter One

Blessings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blessed

Appreciate is the basis for holidays, but it's something that can and should be done every day. Think of each holiday and what it means. Then, look around you and appreciate all the good that is in your life. Your family, friends, possessions, where you live. If you focus on what is good, more good will come. If you focus on what is lacking, soon, more will be lacking. Anything that is focused on increases, so the more you appreciate what you have, the more you will have to appreciate. – Anonymous

 

 Seoul, Korea

Sprawled lazily on the hard-cushioned chair facing the door to the entrance of the small room sat ballad singer, Kim Jong-kook. The famous Korean singer reread the same page over and over again from a magazine he had grabbed purposelessly from the coffee table near his right side. Contemplating how it related to his life at the moment.

 

The shadows of the dimmed lap lavished his handsome features that had the assistance personal taking peaks at him to talk discretely behind their hands once they returned to their stationed desk, excited to at least have been near the famous singer.

 

It wasn’t just any day they had variety actors in close proximity. With all hospital work, they didn’t even have the chance to catch on media gossip, much less watch episodes regarding their favorite media idols.

 

A few giggles and incoherent murmurs could be heard. If the famous Running Man member known as The Tiger wasn't so immersed in his logical thoughts, he would have given them a quizzical look of annoyance. Any other time he would have appreciated his fans excitement and support, but not at the moment. A small grin appeared on his lips as his right hand traced delicately the moon-print set of fingernails on his left hand. It had been a well worth experience to have gone through. If anyone asked him if he’d do it all over again he would in a heartbeat.

 

Setting aside the magazine for the time being, he crossed his arms on his broad chest before taking a deep breath to lay his head back on the chair supporting his tired body. He closed his eyes momentarily and let the wonderful feeling he was experiencing take over him once again. He's had great moments in his life. Just like he's had his fair share of troublesome moments like every human being. Nevertheless, nothing could define the sensation he was coming into contact with presently.

 

Not even award winning trophies could replace the exhilaration he was currently – and for many years to come – feeling. Not even being an owner of a recording company got close to what he treasured the most now. Years and years of waiting have finally paid off in the end. For Jong-kook it had been worth the wait. He was very much a traditional man despite the fact that, yes, he'd dated like everybody else. He wasn’t going to be a hypocrite and deny he’d been a saint too. In the end he waited for the right girl to come along and take his whole being in her hand to cherish and hold. Of course, he knew what he was setting himself to by offering himself in that way for someone. However, if risks weren’t taken then they wouldn't have known how far they could have gone without even trying.

 

He had never liked scandals. He hated being the talk of the media if it wasn't about his recoding success or artistic industrial projects. He'd had his share of scandals as his career heightened during his Turbo days. As an accomplished well-known musician with three Daesang Winner Awards (Best Artist of The Year) in his belt; Jong-kook felt more than blessed to have reached such success at the heighten of his life with his second album Evolution as his great comeback. The album’s song Han Nam Ja (One Man) became his trademark song.

 

 He was appreciative for having

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter