04

Close Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lunch bell rang and Naeun quickly threw her things into her backpack, scurrying out of History class like there was no tomorrow. As she walked out of class, her eyes were met with Chorong's-- the older impatiently waiting against her locker. 

"Did you sleep in History class again?," Chorong teased, sticking her tongue out at Naeun. "But then again, you sleep in almost every class here."

"That's not true!," Naeun argued, crossing her arms across her chest. "I don't sleep in Art Class." 

"Art Class doesn't count because it's a class you chose to take on your own," Chorong smiled, nudging the younger. "You really are good at art though, I have to admit that." 

Naeun returned a smile. "Thanks unnie, i'm practicing a lot these days. But enough with all of this, i'm staaaaaaarving!" She held her stomach in pain, frowning. 

Chorong shook her head, "That's what you get for skipping breakfast this morning! I told you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" All Naeun could do was roll her eyes. "It's not my fault I woke up late! Well-- it's techinally my fault, but I can't help that my alarm didn't go off!" 

"Right, keep making up excuses, Naeun," Chorong scoffed as she opened her locker, throwing her heavy book-filled backpack into it. "Let's go eat lunch then." 

With that, Naeun nodded and threw her backpack in, along with Chorong's. When they arrived to the cafeteria, there was a long line of students waiting to get their food. The girls sighed heavily, knowing that it would take a while before reaching the front. They took their places in line and whined endlessly about how slow the line was moving. 

"HURRY UP I WANT MY FOOD!," Chorong yelled, obviously fed up. 

"Unnie, shush it. People are staring," Naeun nudged her. 

It was then that Naeun felt a light tap on her shoulder. "Huh?," she said curiously, turning around to find Myungsoo towering over her. "Oh, annyeonghaseyo." 

Myungsoo just bowed, giving her a faint smile. 

Chorong, who also noticed Myungsoo's presence, lit up like a Christmas Tree. "Oh! Myungsoo! Nice to see you again!" 

"Likewise, noona," Myungsoo bowed at Chorong as well. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing okay, just really really really hungry!," Chorong pouted, patting her stomach. 

Myungsoo chuckled, nodding. "I see." He the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter