chapter.one

Modern Family

An audible thud coming from the garage followed by heavy footsteps, alerted Suho that his husband has arrived from his heavy day at the office. As usual, him and Kyungsoo, who had taken a liking at cooking, were preparing their dinner while the others played around the house.

"Kids! Baba's here. Go greet him!" Suho called and in no time a series of voices answered him followed by little footsteps heading for the door. "You too, Soo." Suho patted his head and smiled sweetly while the wide-eyed boy obeyed him in a heartbeat.

As the front door opened, a swarm of small bodies surrounded Kris with warm hugs and a "Baba!" that resonated around him. To Kris, having to come home to his family beated the hard day at work.

"Baba! Look what I drew today at school!" His nine year old, Sehun, showed him a paper full of doodles.

"Uah! Did you draw this?" Kris took the drawing off Sehun's hands and picked him up. "Well of course. You learned from Baba."

Suddenly a snort and a strangled laugh could be heard coming from the kitchen. Suho had been listening to them the whole time.

"I can hear you Junmyeon." Kris retorted and headed to the kitchen, carrying Sehun and signaled the kids to follow him. "My drawings are awesome and you know it." He chuckled. "By the way, I'm home." Kris greeted Suho as soon as he entered the room and the latter turns to him with a wide smile though Kris was dissapointed that his husband just smiled at him.He was expecting a little something more. 

"I was hoping for a kiss but okay.." His voice sounded sad that Suho felt guilty. He turned around but he hadn't noticed Kris behind him and stole a kiss from Suho's lips.

"EWWWW!!! Baba and Appa are gross." Baekhyun and Chanyeol chidded making faces then giggled to themselves.

Suho on the other hand had his pissed-off-glare aimed at Kris, who raised his hands in surreder. "Okay..fine." Kris mischievously smiled and walked to his seat.

"Kids go wash your hands before eating." Suho reminded them and they obediently obeyed him.

"Oh yeah! I just remembered.." Kris said as he took off his coat and went to the entrance to hang it on one of the racks and went back to the kitchen.

"What?" Suho asked as he placed plates on each seat. 

"The company is forcing me to take a whole week off work." He scoffed and helped Suho preparing the table. "Seems I've pretty much accumulated my holidays so yeah, I gave in and took it. Plus, Kyungsoo and Jongin's birthday is close. I can pitch in for some help and de-stress you alittle."

"Really?!" Suho's eyes lit up as he looked at his husband. "That's great then. I don't have to worry about taking Luhan and Xiumin at their game tomorrow."

"Eeh? Baba is coming to our game tommorrow?" Both of them turned to the door and saw Xiumin enter.Suho nodded.

The boy's eyes blinked in excitement. Making the boy resemble a meerkat in some way. "Lu-ge! Lu-ge! Baba is coming to watch us play tommorrow!" Xiumin ran to his brother, Luhan and told him the news then both of them hugged their Kris. 

"Okay, boys, settle in. Dinner's ready." 

"Ne, Appa!" They all said in unison.The chatter on the kitchen continued as the family dined full with laughter and smiles caused by Chanyeol and Baekhyun's playfull jokes and with Chen's trolling skills.

As the night kicked in, Suho and Kris had settled their kids in their beds. The house itself was quite big but for a family of theirs, it was sufficient. A two-story bungalo with 5 rooms for them to fit. 

Suho and Kris had a hard time searching for a house that would accomodate them but as the years went by and all the unexpected kids they had taken in, they finally found a little piece of their paradise.Though that implied on more commute on Kris's part. He didn't mind it though, as his husband loved the house and he couldn't object to it.

A gentle tap on Kris' shoulder made him lose his train of thoughts. "What're you thinking so seriously? Don't tell me it's work again because I'm going to punish you." 

Kris smirked mischievously."So you're going to punish me? That depends on how.." Kris' grin widened that made Junmyeon cringed.

"Cut that out! It's not like that!" Suho flushed bright red as he caught up on what Kris meant.

"Oh come on, Junmyeon. It's not like we haven't done it." Kris slowly approached his husband and laced his strong arms around his waist and leaned against Suho's ear.

Suho, flustered on his husband's teasing couldn't say a word to respond Kris' teasing. He felt is husband's arms lace around his waist and the latter's breath on his ears. 

Right then and there Suho would have accepted Kris' suggestive teasing. In fact, he wanted it. Badly. But he also knew tomorrow was going to be a busy day ahead and his mind was again filled with preparations.

Suho regained his composure and shrugged off his husbands loving embrace to face him with a stern face.

"Yeah..yeah..I get it." Kris sighed though he kept his smile on. He was used to Suho's stern attitude and he understood well why. 

On the other hand, Suho kissed him briefly on the lips. "I promise we'll do it next time." He then proceeded to push Kris to their bedroom.

Once they reached their bedroom, Kris hugged Suho from behind and whispered in a husky tone. "Don't you really wanna do--" but was interrupted by a slight nudge in the stomach my Suho's elbow.

"I was kidding!" Kris chuckled. "That hurt by the way." He chided then hugged his husband tighter. "Wake me up when you're awake. I'll help prepare the snacks for the game." He informed Junmyeon who responded with a hum. He smiled then finally closed his eyes to drift to sleep."Goodnight Junmyeon." He whispered before yawning and finally dreamt of the galaxy.