Hate/Love at First Sight

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours. Chapter 1 ONLY!!!!

Would you ever fall in love with your bestfriend?

Would you take the risk of losing your friendship you've been building up for years for...

A chance to kiss...

A chance to hug...

A chance to fall in love?...

 

 

Author's POV

After working the whole night, Dara was finally on her way home. Her body ached everywhere and everytime she moved, it only worsened her suffering yet she kept going. That was Dara, a 25 year old girl who was just like everyone else. To her, she wasn't the type to stand out nor was she the type to try to steal the spotlight, she was happy being the same old Dara. She was so caring to the fact that she'd give anything, everything for the people she loved even if that meant losing her dreams, losing her hopes and losing her life. A tired sigh escaped as these thoughts entered and wandered around in her mind.

She raised her head to try to take in her surroundings. She loved cycling through the park in the morning. Feeling the warmth of the sun rising, the wind whipping past her face and hearing the sounds faint voices in the distance that constantly reminded her that, she wasn't alone.

As she cycled her way home, she was stopped abruptly by the sight of an empty playground. The wheels shrieked lightly while wobbled as she struggled to get off the vehicle. Gently she dropped it on the ground and sat on the cold metal seat of the swing. As she swung back and forth, flashes of memories of him lingered in her thoughts. She missed him so much and everyday that passed without him became even more painful than the day before. Him, as in Kwon Jiyong. The man she had known her whole life. They had been playmates as babies, classmates as children and lovers as adolescents. 

"I miss Jiyong-oppa.." Dara sighed as she stood up and reached for her bicycle once again.

The playground reminded her too much of him. She could still remember eveything clearly. How he wanted to leave yet didn't want to leave her behind and how he asked her to elope with him. Yes, Kwon Jiyong and Sandara Park had eloped together at the age of 21. Back then it seemed like it was the right thing to do, the best thing even. She could still feel the thrill and the excitement that she felt when she thought about living with him. But in the end, it seemed like fate was playing with her. They moved to Seoul, the biggest city in South Korea. In the beginning everything was enchanted and magical but as the days passed... his smile... began to fade and when it finally disappeared so did he. 

Jiyong was studying to be a director at YG Seoul Studios, the most famous and most successful media industry in Seoul but those two titles also meant another thing, expensive. The tuition was more than both of them could earn and therefore discouraged Jiyong but Dara didn't want him to lose his dreams because of such a reason. Instead, Dara looked for work all over Seoul and began accepting random jobs in different parts of the city. She either washed plates, served costumers, cleaned toilets and even carried cement blocks to a construction site. Like mentioned before, she would do anything and everything for the people she loved. 

Over the horizon, she could see the building of her apartment become clearer as she neared the place. Jiyong haven't been home for a week which wasn't something unexpected to Dara anymore. It was painful but Dara knew the reasons could be he was tired, he was stressed, he was hurt. In the end everything was about him but she was alright with that. 

Her bicycle came to a halt in front of the, she got off tiredly before she began fishing for her keys in her back pockets. As her eyes wandered around the old building, her eyes widened when she finally noticed that her apartment lights were on.

"He's back!!!" without hesitating, she dropped her bike to the side not even caring that it could be stolen. She only wanted to do one thing at that moment and that was to see him. 

The front door opened and a man came out of it a second later, Dara bumped into him roughly as she tried to squeeze in the front door.

"I'm sorry, so sorry" she quickly bowed down without glancing at the old who frowned at her actions. 

She began running through the hallway, cursing at it for seeming so long and the stairs who was at the very end of it seemed so far. Atleast she managed to save a few seconds trying to look for keys for the front entrance, she mentally thanked the old man before she began racing up the flight of stairs. 

Her apartment was at the very top, the fourth floor so by the time she reached her door, she was panting heavily. She took a few seconds to catch her breath which was obviously not enough since her hands were shaking as she looked for the right keys. When the door clicked open, her eyes lit up instantly. 

Before she could open the door fully, she heard people talking inside. Dara's brows furrowed due to her confusion, Jiyong wasn't the type to bring visitors home. 

"I've already told you so many times...I don't love her. I'm only using her to do all the things I don't want to do." the voice definitely came from Jiyong but whatever he was saying didn't make sense. Dara could only conclude that he could be reciting his new script. 

"I can't even believe she's stupid enough to not realise I don't love her, not even like her as a person. The girl can't dress properly, unlike you. Have I told you you look so hot in that dress?" his voice was airy it almost sounded like purr, the scary thing was, it sent shivers down her spine. 

"Gosh I love it when you talk like that. It's so, y." Dara's eyes widened upon hearing the voice. 

It was obvious it didn't came from him, it was from a girl and if they were rehearsing a script then why did it sound so real? Suddenly Dara's body began to move in its own accord and when she finally had a full view of the living room, her heart shattered into a million pieces.

There on the couch was Jiyong seated and from Dara's position, she couldn't see his face at all. All she could see was the back of a girl who was wearing a paper thin black dress that stopped barely beneath her . She was sitting on his lap, her chest touching his and her arms were reaching for something on Jiyong's back. Her hair bundled up together on one side giving Dara a clear view of what she was doing, she was kissing him and he was..... kissing back.

Please tell me I'm just having a nightmare. That's not Jiyong-oppa....it couldn't be. No.. no.. 

"..she's no one to me...." He pulled away only to lean back in and whisper into her ear but loud enough for Dara to hear.

I'm no one...? Am I really just no one...?

It was like the shattered pieces of her heart pierced through her lungs that made it hard for her to breath. She couldn't believe her eyes, she didn't want to believe it. This was a nightmare and she needed to wake up but no matter how many time she tried to pinch herself, she couldn't escape the cruel reality.

"I-I'm no one?...." her voice was low but it was more than enough to catch the attention of the couple.

Her wet eyes connected with Jiyong and for a second, Dara thought there was something behind his gaze. Something like worry, guilt and care but then his eyes wandered to the girl sitting on top of him and when he looked back, it disappeared and was replaced with nothing but menace and wickedness. 

"Why? Did you think you were someone special to me?..." Jiyong's expression was unreadable and it hurt her to hear his voice full of mockery.

He patted the girl's shoulder making her get off of him so he could stand and walk towards her. His eyes were trembling but Dara's sight became blurry with tears and therefore she didn't see.

"N-no one...no one huh?." Dara blinked away the tears, wiping her cheeks with the back of her hand as she stood up to face him. 

"Well guess what Jiyong? It's weird but I don't care!" she began giggling lightly as she shook her head. She didn't want to cry, not in front of him. She didn't want to give him the pleasure of seeing her break down even more because of him.

"I worked 3 jobs just so I could pay for your tuition. I cooked for you, I even pick out the onions from your food since you hated eating them yet you like the taste of them. I wash your clothes, iron then after then fold them neatly since you liked them that way. Just hearing myself this? Gosh I'm so stupid! My whole life has been about you Jiyong!" she panted, feeling all the frustrations slightly disappear after screaming at him like that but as soon as their gazes met once again, that hatred and the anger came back. 

"I can't believe I fell for someone as unworthy of you! All these years I've been loving you, no I've loved you and now? I hate you so much and you're gonna pay for doing this to me. I don't care how but I'll make you pay for this, I'll make you feel this pain Jiyong!" she leaned forward, their faces only a few inches apart. Before situations like that would make her blush and butterflies would flutter in her stomach yet at that moment, she loathed just being close to him. 

"I'll make you hurt the same way. Maybe then you'd realise how much it hurts be betrayed. I hate you Kwon Jiyong, I hate that you came into my life!" she shrieked before she turned around and walked away.

As she reached the door, she paused for a second as she realised, she was walking away from what she had known as her life, him.

Dara kept cycling, she wanted to run away as far as she could. Her tears kept on flowing yet the wind kept blowing them away as if it was telling her everything would be alright but she knew it was a big lie. Everything up to that moment was a lie, her whole life was a lie.

Because of her tears, she couldn't see clearly yet she kept cycling. She didn't care if she'd end up in an unknown place, anywhere would be better than here. She wiped her face with both of her hands and as she began to see clearly again, she saw a man coming out of a car but she couldn't stop. She was going too fast. She screamed for him to move, waving her hands as high up as she can but it was too late. The man bounced off to the other side of the road.

"OMO!" She wiped her tears as she jumped off her bicycle and ran towards the man worriedly. "Mister! Mister are you ok?"

"Ughhhh..." the man groaned, his eyes shut closed as the pain throbbed. "Do I look like I'm ok?" 

Dara's hands were trembling as she tried helping the man up but everything she came near him, he would just push her away. Dara was more than annoyed and angry at his actions but she couldn't complain, it was her fault in the first place.

Dara looked around and noticed people gasping around her. Their eyes were wide filled worry and curiousity as they stared at the both of them. 

" they're coming." the man hissed as he noticed people running over to his rescue. 

"Ahjumma since this is your fault get me out of here!" he ordered, his eyes filled with fury making Dara flinch back with fear. 

"Ahjumma? Who are you calling ahjumma?" Dara whispered to herself, annoyed that this man had mistaken her for an old woman. She chewed on her bottom lip as she rolled her eyes at him.

"I-I'll h-help you to your car!" Dara's voice cracked as she lifted his arm and placed them around her shoulders to anchor him up.

"How can I drive when I can't move my ankle? Are you stupid! You drive since this is your fault! Quick the people are coming" the man knocked on Dara's head with his knuckles but she knew she couldn't complain. This was her fault. She aggreed that she deserved that.

(Dara) "I can't drive... wait I know..."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

(a few minutes later)

Dara paddled as quick as she could with the man sitting uncomfortably behind her. He was groaning and hissing right behind her ears and it was starting annoy her but she just took a deep breath and reassured him that they were almost there. She began paddling crazily but on their way his ankle got caught behind the wheel making the bicycle wiggle until they fell in the middle of the road. She gritted her teeth as he skin grinded with cemented ground making her elbow bleed.

"Aish!!! Ughhh my ankle. How stupid can you be?" he knocked on Dara's head again, this time twice harder and Dara swore the next time he would do that he'd get it.

"Yah! stop that! I'm doing my best!" she complained as she helped the mister stand up. Being the clumsy Dara she triped and they both fell back down again. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry"

"Aish..just hurry up! My ankle" he moaned before he began making wailing sounds.

When they arrived at the hospital the man accidentally touched Dara's bleeding elbow making Dara flinch a bit.

"Is this.. my.. BLOOD?!!!!" he screamed with his eyes bulging out of his eye sockets and his mouth still wide open echoing the word blood before he fainted. 

Dara didn't know what to do but fortunately the security guard managed to catch the man before he fell down on the cold hard ground.

"I'll bring him to the emergency room. You'll have to fill up some papers at the desk." He nodded at Dara while pointing at the reception. 

"Please fill up this form." the receptionist handed her a sheet of paper without glancing at her.

Dara couldn't do anything but stare at the sheet of paper in front of her. She didn't know what to do. She didn't know who the mysterious and annoying man was.

 

Name of patient:____________________________

 

" I don't know this man. I accidentally hi.." before she finished her sentence she wondered if she would get arrested by hitting the man with the bicycle. " ...I mean I just saw him lying on the ground so I helped him here." she smiled worriedly as she began sweating. 

(Receptionist) "Just write your own details then please." she smiled back fakely, obviously wasn't convinced that Dara saved the man. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

(a few hours later)

"I can't believe he did that to you!" Bom and Chaerin filled with anger screamed at Dara for not fighting back. 

"I know I know... Can we just forget about it I'm tired..." Dara placed her hand on her forehead trying to get rid of the pain that both came from her heartbreak and all the knocking she received from the mysterious man.

"Forget? How can we just forget it..." horns began to grow on Bom's head as she started to overfill with anger. She wanted to walk out and attack Jiyong the second Dara began explaining what happened. If the other two didn't manage to grab her and tie her to a chair, Jiyong would be in a coffin and Bom would be rotting in jail.

"Bom!" Chaerin pulls Bom back to calm her down, "let her rest for the meantime. Dara, are you sure you're ok? Where are you sleeping tonight?" she asked sincerely, worried about Dara. She knew Dara was the type to keep everything to herself. She also knew that this could be bad for her. What if one day she explodes with everything she hid in her heart? 

"I'm not ok but I'll be fine, just have to think of a way to get revenge" Dara did her best to maintain her fake smile while she pumped her fist in the air. She didn't want to worry her friends. 

"Just stay here for a while, until you find a new place to stay." Bom sat down in front of Dara and held both of her hands, reassuring her that everything will be ok. 

"Thank you so much :D but I have to get my stuff first" Dara sighed, suddenly feeling tired after realising that she would have to face Jiyong again. She wasn't ready for that but she knew she couldn't hide forever.

"No just stay here we'll get it for you." Chaerin tried pulling her back down but Dara just smiled at her and shook her head.

"It's ok.. I need to do this on my own and besides I need some fresh air anyway." her smile disappeared but she managed to stop the tear the threatened to fall from the corner of her eyes.

She turned around right away, hoping her friends didn't see her watery eyes. She had met the three four years ago at a waitering job and Dara could swore it was one of the best days of her life. Something just clicked the moment they spoke to each other and Dara knew they would become an important part of her life and she was right. They had always been there for her and Dara was more than grateful for having such friends but after all they've done, she didn't want to impose anymore. She needed to stay strong. She didn't want to involve her friends. As long as they were there to listen to her, it was good enough. 

It was dark and it began to get cold. She began rubbing her arms to try to warm them up a little. Dara had been cycling back and forth from Bom's house and her old apartment for more than an hour. Everytime she reached the front door of her building, she loses her courage and began cycling away again.

On her way back to Bom's house, she stoped abruptly and began practicing what she could say to Jiyong in case he was still there.

"This is my apartment.. hmmm should probably say that louder. THIS IS MY APARTMENT!... yeah that's better." she patted herself sarcastically for being so dumb, the fact that she was practicing what to say just meant she wasn't ready to see him.

"I guess my clothes can wait." she let out a defeated sigh before she began paddling away again.

Before she could cycle for a minute or two, a black van stopped right beside her. The brakes shrieked and the smell of burnt rubber lingered in her nose making her cough hardly. Suddenly two men in black suits wearing sunglasses walked out of the van. Her heart began racing when they started running towards her. Before she could try to run away, she felt something grab her arms and pull her back.

"Who are you! Let go of me!?" She began struggling to get out of their grip yet she wasn't strong enough to fight against two men twice her size.

When she knew her strength would not lead her anywhere, she screamed loudly but something covered and she couldn't let out anything but muffled groans. Suddenly she felt her eyelids became heavy and her vision became blurry. Her world spinned for a second before  she finally out.

(an hour later)

Faint voices lingered in her ears and the smell of cigarette and sweat entered her nose. She didn't know why but she could feel fear start to envelope her body. Her hands began trembling and her breathing became shallow and rapid. She needed to run away. Dara opened one eye slowly and noticed she was still in the van. She looked around using one eye only half open. There was no one sitting beside her and therefore meant there was no one between her and the door so she quickly unlocked the door and ran out of the car without looking back. She was surprised that the van wasn't moving but she didn't care, she kept running even if she didn't know where she was.

She looked around searching for a place to hide. As her eyes scanned her unfamiliar surroundings, she saw a greenhouse and she knew that was her only chance of escape. She ran as low as she could to reach the entrance, trying to make as little noise as possible which wasn't hard since she was walking on grass.

She grabbed the handle and thanked the heavens when the door opened willingly. She fell down tiredly on the ground with her back facing the wooden door as she tried catching up with her breath. As quietly as she could, she stood up slowly and peeked through the window behind her to make sure no one was following her.

"I don't think they saw me come in this place." she sighed lightly, sitting back down on the ground.

She turned around and her eyes widened at the sight, the room was filled with the most wonderful paintings she had ever seen. Forgetting she was being chased, she stood up and walked around the greenhouse amazed by the beautiful paintings. It was like she was being hypnotized by each canvas. Everything was magical but what caught her attention was a painting of the back of a little girl. It was so simple yet so beautiful. 

"Who are you?!" a shadow of a man appeared near the entrance door.

Dara flinched back as she turned around to face where the voice was coming from. Her heart began beating fast once again as anotehr panic attack envelope her fragile body.

"I'm so sorry, there were people chasing me and this was the only place I found so I could hide and then I saw these beautiful paintings and I just couldn't help but look" Dara wanted to smack herself for mumbling incoherent words but it seemed like the man understood every single word though she couldn't even see his face.

"Sorry I'll just leave." being the clumsy Dara she tripped and fell onto the ground again. "How many times do you want to fall face flat today Santokki? She hissed, smacking her head for real this time.

Dara's POV

I was about to get up but the sound of footsteps nearing me stopped me from doing so. Suddenly the steps stopped and it felt as if something was telling me to look up. 

"Are you alright?" the voice was so gentle and warm.

When I finally had the courage to look up, my body began to feel light. It turned out I was actually being lifted onto my feet but I couldn't concentrate on anything else but this man's beautiful face. He was like an angel sent from heaven.

His eyes were shaped like rainbows, his lips were thin and humble, his nose was small and cute. Everything about him looked so wonderful and I just couldn't keep his eyes off him.

"Thank you...." I managed to say after staring at him that seemed like such a long time.

"No problem. I'm ..."

He was about to finish but then Dara heard the men following her shouting outside. 

"I need to hide." I pleaded but I didn't expect him to quickly grabbed my hand and led me behind a painting.

Stay there" I felt a spark run through my fingers from the touch of his skin. Something about him jsut felt so right, I felt so safe with him, so comfortable,

"Myungsoo, did you see a girl somewhere here.?" I heard a deep voice say and suddenly my defenses were up once again.

"Myungsoo...." I thought to myself, making a mental note of his name.

"No I didn't but I saw something move there." I peeked and saw him pointing at a different direction. I'll show you where"

When I heard the door click closed, I let out a tired breath and I only realised then I was holding my breath the whole time.

"Myungsoo, thanks for saving me." I giggled lightly as I looked back at the painting for a quick second before I opened the door to run away.

Author's POV

Dara began to run but she saw a man then quickly hid in the house beside her. She quietly opened the door and walked back away slowly but then she bumped onto someone.

"I found you!" the man twice her size and towered above her head lifted her onto one of his shoulder like she was a sack of rice.

"Let go of me! Let go! Don't touch me! I didn't do anything wrong!!!!" Dara started moving around, trying to slap and kick him but it wasn't hard enough for him to let her go.

"Are you sure you didn't do anything wrong?" she furrowed her brows, the voice sounded familiar but it still sent goosebumps down her spine.

The man carrying her dropped her roughly onto a chair and as soon as he let go of her, she quickly stood up with thoughts of running away but the man managed to block her only way of escape.

"There's no point of running, you won't be able to get out. You're stuck here now." the voice echoed in the dark room, each repetition was stamped into her head and it filled her with so many unanswered questions.

"Who are you? Show yourself! What did I do to you?" she stomped her feet frustrated.

"You don't remember?.." the man took one step at a time but it sounded like there were a few people walking towards her yet it couldn't be since she could only see one shadow. The sound of metal clanking and paper clashing scared her so much thinking there was something un-human running after her.

"aaaahhhhh!!! zombie get a way from me!" she kicked blindly in front of her and hit something hard like metal then it fell. A spotlight then she saw a man lying down on the floor. At first she couldn't see because of the sudden brightness but when her vision became more clear, she couldn't hold back the gasp that escaped .

"OMO! It's you! The one I hit with my bicycle!" Dara pointed at him with one hand while covering with the other. "Why are you on the floor?"

"You kicked me! How can you be so stupid!" he quickly stood up but struggled and Dara only then realised what the mental clanking was. She was about to help him with his crutches but instead her head was welcome with a hard and painful knock that it echoed in the room.  "Atleast you know who I am.." 

"Yah! I was only trying to help! And yeah I do remember you but I don't excatly know you!" Dara defended, chewing her bottom lip as she rubebd her forehead to ease the pain. She wanted to smack teh guy back but she wouldn't do something so cruel to an injured man.

"Say that again... you do... not... know who I am?" his eyes widened as he gasped at her. What was so shocking about her now knowing him? It wasn't like he was some famous idol or some owner of a rich company? No way everything would be that corny!

"No. I don't know who you are." she imitated him sarcastically before she continued, "but I'm sure you know me, you got me kidnapped! Did you fall inlove with me at first sight or something?" she crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Love? you?" suddenly he bursted with a loud round of laughter and Dara swore whoever this guy was, he was mentally impaired.

"I am Lee Donghae. The son of the owner of the biggest Oil Company throughout Asia and I'm the most famous idol in Seoul!!! Love at first sight? NO! more like Hate at First sight!"

(Dara) "Oil Company? Singer? Asia? Are you messing with me right now?" this time it was her who began laughing hysterically. it was too unreal that her guesses were right. Like she said, it was too corny to be true. "I'm talking to a nutjob here!"

 A vein almost popped out on his forehead, feeling the irritation rise up form hsi toes to his head. This girl in front of her was unbelievable! First she tried killing him with bike, second she tried cutting his whole leg off with once again a bike and third she was actually laughing at him. She was laughing at THE LEE DONGHAE. Who had the guts to do that?

"Everyone! Come out now!" The whole room lit up and Dara forced her eyes shut again since it was way too bright for her liking. Slowly she began opening them. At first she thought she was only seeing things but after fluttering her eyes opened and closed a few times, she was sure everything was real.

The room looked like a ballroom bigger than 3 basketball courts. The ceiling was high and in teh middle of it hanged a beautiful and crystal chandelier and around it were smaller chandeliers but equal in beauty. The windows were tall and wide, giving her an enchanted view of the full moon which was framed with red curtains. The room screamed expensive and she couldn't believe her eyes.

She was speechless, she couldn't find the right words to explain, the sight blew her mind away. 

"YOU who hit me with your bicycle, YOU who sprained my ankle, YOU who dared to laugh at me! YOU Ms. Sandara Park will be MY MAID to pay back everything you caused me! From now on, I am your Boss and you... are...my...MAID!!!" 

"Maid?!!!!!!!!"

                                                     

                                                                                                                                                                                                                

 

 

 

So how was it? I know it wasn't great at all AND there was too much happening AND it was too long AND it wasn't edited lol! I'm sorry but I really hope you don't stop reading it after one chapter! Please keep reading and I hope you grow to like it like my other readers!

Thank you so much! Hope to see you in the full story!!!! 

Full story link here! Click title below!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours.

(Picture does NOT belong to me. Credits belong to rightful owner.)