Chapter One:

Overdosed with Your Rejection

I just want to say to all of the readers who have discovered this story already, thank you so much.  My first two commenters, I really appreciate you guys and to who are going to do the same, thank you thank you.

xoxo

Every person has an unforgettable past. Sometimes one would want to go back in time in wish to change what he or she had regrettably done. To me, that is something I would like very much to do from the bottom of my heart. That was my deepest desire. Though, knowing I had to face reality, the only thing I could do was to move on and forget. I was fourteen years old when I had my first relationship which I thought would've lasted a long time. My boyfriend? Kim Junmyeon, who was sixteen at the time. We kept a stead fast boyfriend and girlfriend relationship for two years. My mom was okay with me dating someone two years older than me but my dad was totally against the idea. However, because of my maintenance in always getting perfect grades and a very very clean record, my dad let me. So from then on, after confessing my love to Junmyeon, he and I started dating. We went on dates every weekend or after school whenever he and I would get a chance to. I thought to myself "Wow everything is perfect." We had out ups and downs but we managed to get through them together, leaving us with no thoughts of ending our relationship. Some couples may be wondering whether we have done it or not. No we have not. And we didn't get any ideas about that either. I was really young and he is in that age where responsibilites are laid out in front of him to do and to succeed for college. 

Everything was going as I thought most relationships would go. Until that day came; the day which I didn't even think could happen to me: break up. I was sixteen already and managed to have caught up almost to Junmyeon's level. It was painful of course. There were times after the break up where I had this feeling that I was the only one taking this relationship seriously. Other times were thoughts, telling me I was an idiot to have fallen for him in the first place. I never heard a word from him again. At first, I would wait for him outside the high school he goes to but then friends of him would say that he has already moved. The news shocked me so hard that I immediately ran to his home. I waited there overnight but there was no one at all. Thus hit me straight in my heart that he has indeed left. As a sixteen year old, relationships kick in. And so does the piles of responsibilities one has to take care off. Therefore because of that, moving on was my only option. My dad was a bit disappointed for he had put his whole trust onto Junmyeon to take care of me. My mom was always in pain seeing me in pain. But, I knew sitting down and whining my heart out would do me no good. So after high school, I moved on with my normal life, beginning college as a freshman once more.

"Su Min, Su Min, Su Min!" my friend, Choi Ha Neul, happily skipped towards me. I laughed as I saw her.

"Hey, you are going to get dirt on your hair soon if you don't watch where you're going," I pointed out, looking at the deep puddles from where she had just passed by.

"Come on. You're talking to a gymnast here. When I fall, I pick myself up even before I can make a hot mess out of myself," she said, winking the whole conversation out. This is what's so great about her. Ha Neul never makes anything a big deal to her.

"So did you hear about the group?" Ha Neul excitingly asked. I titled my head for clarification.

"Duh, EXO! Dude, you have got to keep up with the tabs! You have facebook don't you?" she asked impatiently. 

"Uh, no I do not. And besides, my parents won't let me have one. Even if I let convince them, they'll still say no," I nudged my head towards the fan girls looking at their phones.

"And I think that's why. Girls are so distracted nowadays just because of them. I mean, what's so great about them anyways? They just sing, dance and stuff," I added. Ha Neul widened her eyes and let out an overdramatic gasp.

"WHAT?! Uh-uh girl, you did not just say that," she said rolling her head in circle motion. I sighed and shook my head.

"Never mind. Anyways, I have to go to my part-time job. My parents are going to kill me if they found out I skipped my job," I groaned, taking my backpack with me and my folders.

"That place?! Haven't they been harassing you too much already?" Ha Neul hissed. I gave her a tired smile.

"I need the money to help my family. So it's either that or we live in streets," I quietly said and left. The part-time job I work at is no joke at all. People say that it's nice and quaint. Though they have not seen the other side of its image. My boss continuously harassed me whenever he gets the chance. Even though I kept on telling him to stop, he just wouldn't. He would threaten me by firing me right on the spot after work hours. I have been working at that restaurant for a few months already. I managed to survive. But mentioning the fact that I would have to go there after school just gives me a very uncomfortable feeling; a temptation to not go. I have to.

"If only my dad hadn't gotten fired, then my life would've been much more easier," I muttered to myself as I walked down the road, leading me to my destination. The streets of Seoul, at night, remain lit up and continuously is flooded by people coming or going to work. Whenever I go home, the streets are empty of people. Just cars driving by. No it's not scary. Rather it's quite peaceful.

I went inside the restaurant and changed quickly to my clothes before the boss went in. Believe it or not, just because it's his restaurant he thinks he has every right to invade the locker rooms as well. Especially the girls' side. I put up my zipper just in time. 

"Su Min!" my boss teased and spun me around by the waist. I turned around to find out his face very close to mine. His name? Well, goes by the name, Maxwell. He never gives out his real name for some reason. So like a pen name. His face showed the drunkness of a man. I think he has been drinking for a while now. That's what he always does before work. To get drunk and us waitresses. Costumers have noticed and spoken out before and still are. But because of my boss and the way he uses loopholes to get out of things, well, cases are usually closed.

"Su Min, you're up next already," he said and caressed my thighs. I showed no emotion.

"ert," I insulted him and tried to get away. As a comeback, the boss smacked my as I made my way outside the locker room. I could hear him cackle. And that was the end of it. 

As I served food to each costumer, I could feel the boss' eyes on me the whole time. Though I pretend to not notice, the temptation to meet his contact was unresistable. But I never fell. That was the only safe thing for me to do. The whole night continuously nonstop working, filled with such uncomfortable feeling, with not a single person noticing this time, my phone called for the first time during work hours. I took my Galaxy S5 out of my apron pocket, went outside, and answered. It was mom.

"Umma, what happened? Calling me from work all of a sudden?" I asked. There was no answer for about a minute or two. Just a pause.

"Umma? Hello? Umma?!" I panicked. Her voice picked up, which in return, a sigh of relief from me.

"Su Min-ah, sorry about that, there's poor connection around here that's why," she said with her usual tired voice. 

"Where are you? I thought I paid for the internet connection already," I nibbled on my lips, waiting for an answer. A few days ago, our bill for the internet connection was passed, leaving us with a huge amount of sum to be paid. I already did so by myself. Umma tried to stop me from doing so but in the family, I'm the one who's currently working and paying off debts. What's weird is that it should be back on. The company said so.

"Ah about that, Su Min-ah. I went somewhere to get a breathe of fresh air. Your appa is home," she coughed. I clenched my fists together at the sound of her and saying appa. My dad changed a lot after a few years. His drinking habits worsened, he has been caught by police multiple times and it's my responsibility always to get him out of the station. He's never home. Only rarely. But if he's home, then to me and my mom, we consider that as bad news.

"Umma, don't leave where you are okay? Make sure to keep warm. I'll get a taxi and I'll pick you up from there," I hurriedly said. 

"Su Min-ah, don't leave your work. I'm just saying that I'm out right now and I was just wondering if you're okay," Umma asked sadly. 

"I'm alright, umma. Don't worry about me. It's you who I worry about the most in this world," I said, trying not to get all emotional. 

"Arasseo. Okay, now go back to work. I'll call you when I've settled in already in a motel or something. Meet me there okay?" she said. I nodded.

"Okay. Alright umma, I'm going now. Please stay safe. I love you," I said and she laughed softly.

"I love you too Su Min-ah."

I shakily hung up on the phone and leaned my back against the wall. I stared up the cloudy night sky, trying not to let the tears fall from my eyes. Umma, you see, unlike my appa, is a very hardworker. Appa, when he had a job, never bothered to show up at times. But she, you know, she would get up from her resting place as soon as her work needs her and sometimes come home really late. Umma didn't let that stop her. Because I was young back then, she would cook for me all of the dishes I love for breakfast, for lunch at school, and dinner. Even my birthdays. I would stay up late and wait for her to come home. Once she went home at four in the morning, missing my birthday, but still managed to cook up the foods for celebration. And I would find it on the dining table as soon as I woke up. She was always there to support me in however way she can as well as with my relationship with Junmyeon.

As thoughts regarding my mom rush to my head, I wiped my eyes. It hurts. It hurts too much.

_____________________________________________________2nd Part of the Chapter_________________________________________________

I changed to my clothes once more and packed my things, ready to go out from work. I tightly wrapped the jacket belt around my waist for warmth and put on a hood. The boss didn't catch up with me nor did he see me out, which didn't matter to me. In fact I was pretty relieve. Because I know for sure that if he makes one more move, I will hurt him in that one place where the sun never shines. I grabbed my bagpack and started walking towards the bus station. I sat down on the bench while waiting for the next one to stop by. In truth, I didn't like waiting out in the cold. On top of that, I'm the only one who's waiting. I sighed. I got out my phone to check for messages from my mom but there was nothing. I guess where she's currently in definitely has a poor signal. Other than that, I received a few texts from Ha Neul.

Su Min, guess what? EXO just performed their teasers live! And Leeteuk was there as the main host. It was amazing! Here I sent you the video. YOU BETTER WATCH IT! Luv ya! (sent 9:03 PM)

Yah! Did you see the video yet or no?! You better have! (sent 9:30)

Oh wait... You're still at work huh? Anyways, just watch it when you get home! Say hi to your mom and dad for me! (10:00 PM)

I looked at the video and stared at it. I didn't watch it but just stared at it, wondering whether I should watch it or not. What's so great about them anyways? I mean, they're just singers and dancers and actors and comedians all at the same time. Girls fangirl over them like crazy, they're internationally a hearthrob and a sensation, etc. Am I the only one who doesn't really give a care about them or what? I closed my phone and put it back in my jacket pocket. The bus arrived after what seemed forever and climbed up. As I was doing so, I received a text message, which was thankfully, from my mom. Seeing the address of the motel, I knew right away I stepped in the right bus.

I took a seat by the window and noticed something strange outside: two red eyes. I thought it was my imagination but when I saw them, they reminded me of Junmyeon's. My heart pounded fast like a bullet from a triggered gun, taking its aim towards its target at an incredible speed. Tempting to go out, my exit was blocked by a man wearing a suit and tie. He didn't seemed alarming nor one of those erts who would touch girls' legs and stuff. He was wearing glasses and was pretty old like grandfather old. He was coughing after, which alarmed me. I quickly took off my jacket and put it around his shoulder.

"Grandfather, you should consider wearing heavy warm clothing before going home or out to work," I said and smiled. The man looked at me and nodded slowly in return. There was not any much conversation. But what surprised me was that he then spoke first. 

"Lee Soo Man," he said. I blinked. Lee Soo Man? Who is he? 

"N-Neh? Who's Lee Soo Man-ssi?" I asked. The old man turned his head to meet my gaze and laughed.

"You don't know who he is?" he asked after. I shook my head. Our conversation then stopped. The bus then stopped at my destination. I bid the grandfather goodbye. But as I was about to leave, I turned my head and ran towards him. He had fainted. As I was helping him up, I looked outside and suddenly got distracted.

There were many red eyes watching me. Whatever they were, I didn't bother looking back after. That one uncomfortable sensation of being watched has now reached that one point where it's not even done not on purpose but on purpose. Rather, it was a feeling of being targeted. And that target was me. As I was leaving the bus, carrying the weight of the grandfather, I didn't dare to look back anymore. I already have a person to worry about who kept on muttering Lee Soo Man's name over and over again.

Who in the world is he?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

To the first two commenters: supah-yehet & suhyve and to my four subscribers of this story: myra_lynette, Sophia348, supah-yehet, & suhvye. I dedicate this chapter to them. I know it seemed boring but I will try my best to make it less boring for my upcoming chapter two. Please continue on to share your thoughts and comment. Subscribe and upvote are both dearly appreciated. Thank you all so much and I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of this story. Until then!

xoxo