1~Migraine

The Migraine

As soon as I wake up, the first sensation that greets me is a sharp pain pulsing all throughout my skull. I turn on to my left side, away from the window that's streaming blinding light right at my face. I feel my stomach start to churn in recognition of this movement. Great. A migraine. What a perfect way to ruin my planned day of drama watching, kpop spazzing, and fanfic reading. 

I lay there, silently weighing my options. I could get up, take Tylenol, and close the curtains, but that much movement is likely to make me puke. But if I lay here, unaided and still in harm's way, the head ache won't go even if I'm sleep. Dangit. I'm just about to get up when I hear the alarm to my door beep as it does when someone has typed the password and entered. 

I sit there propped on one elbow as I listen to him take off his shoes and put on the house slippers. I hear the jingle of keys as he puts them on the table and shuffles around the apartment looking for me. Kimi is trailing behind him barking rudely, as she always does. I lay back down and he appears in my door way. "Still not up?", Eli smiles as he comes over and sits next to me on the bed. He quickly sees the expression on my face and changes from a smile to a concerned frown. "Are you ok" he asks as he feels my forehead. He feels no temperature so he gently presses my temples. "Woah" he says with his eyebrows raised in alarm. "Have you taken medicine? Have you eaten? Why is this curtain open?" he rambles. He quickly shuts the curtains and brings me a glass of cold water and some headache pills.

I prepare myself to get up but he sits on the bed next to me, helps me sit and props up my body with a pillow. I don't really need help but why tell him that? I love being spoiled by him and to be honest I think he knows it. I swallow the nasty pills and cringe slightly at the so called refreshing minty aftertaste. "Thanks" I say smiling at him. He's so sweet and wonderful, I think. He smiles back and holds my face in his hands, my cheek lightly with his thumb. He suddenly leans in and kisses me on the forehead. "Get some rest, ok?" he says as he puts my pillow back down and lays me down. He pulls the blankets over me and kisses my forehead again with his soft beautiful lips. This really isn't necessary, but again, I love it. "Do you want me to stay in case you need anything else?" he asks looking slightly bummed that whatever he was going to do when he got here was ruined. Or at least I think that's why he looks disappointed. I tell him I'll be fine and not to ruin a perfect day because of me. He gets up and makes sure the curtains are closed for good so no light gets in.

"Rest well my y vampire" he winks at me on his way out. I smile dumbly in response and for a second almost forget about my headache. Almost. Another sharp burst of pain runs through my veins and with that I close my eyes and try to sleep. I here Eli feed Kimi on his way out and I'm grateful, because I'd have forgotten. I hear the door close and the lock alarm go off. Alone again. 

Will I even be able to sleep with my head feeling this awful? I need something to distract me from this. I think about getting up and putting my iPod on but I don't want to throw up the medicine.

Just then I hear the bedroom door creak open. It's probably Kimi here to bug me, I think. That notion is quickly shot down when I hear the door close. I open my eyes slowly and turn even though I know who it is. I turn around to see Eli crawl on to the bed next to me and pull the covers over him. He looks over like it's completely normal. "Eli, what the heck" I say a little fiercer than I intended to. "This had better be a dream" I half mumble to myself. He scoots closer and makes a sarcastic "tsk tsk tsk" sound. "You dream of things like this? You're a bit dirty minded aren't you" he says now looking directly into my eyes with a cute little smirk on his face. I feel my cheeks reddening and I turn away. "Excuse me" I start off trying to defend myself even though I know he's joking "I'm not the one crawling into someone else's bed when they...". "Shh" he cuts me off with a smile, " I was just kidding. I came back because I really need a nap and your place is way more convenient than driving all the way back home. Plus, I knew it would probably help you rest better if I was here to distract you from the pain" he finishes with a wink. Busted. " Well then, uhm, you can stay but that doesn't mean you're off the hook for barging in. I just need my sleep and I don't feel like arguing with you" I say crossing my arms and rolling over. Of course it's bull crap and he knows it but I'm not about to admit it. 

I'm laying still for about 20 minutes and am about to dose off when I feel his arms come around my waist and pull me to his chest. "Eli..." I say with a warning tone in my voice. I hope he can't feel my heart beating wildly, because that'll take all of the threat out of the situation. "Relax, I'm not going to do anything except use you as a teddy bear" he half says half whispers into my ear. 

I smile and settle into his embrace. It's warm and calming. It felt almost as if nothing could happen to me as long as he was holding on to me. The amount of calmness I felt right then was so extremely indescribable but I loved it so much I almost didn't want to sleep. Eventually I did though. 

I don't remember exactly when I fell asleep, but I must have because when I open my eyes I can see its dark outside. I stretch a bit and pause. Yess headache gone. I should get up and shower, I think. I push back the covers and get up to go then realize his arms are still around me. He stayed with me the entire time? It had to have been at least 11 hours I was sleep. 

I turn around all the way and look at his sleeping face. I can't help but smile. Of course I've loved people before, but I don't think anyone has ever loved me this much. He is one of the few people in my life that see me at my worse and still love me for just being me. I've had boyfriends before who only payed attention to me if I had on makeup or if we were in public and he wanted to show me off. But now I had found my perfect match. I was always a better person with him by me and felt completely happy as long as I had him. I prop myself up on one elbow. My perfect match and he's right here next to me. I gaze at him for a while longer. I push my hair behind my ear so it wont tickle him. I move my face closer to his and then stop. I don't know what I'm doing. Am I about to kiss him? I must be nuts, I think as I get ready to move away from him. 

His eyes begin to open slowly. A wave of panic sweeps over me and I turn around quickly, hit the bed with my body, and pull the blankets all the way over my head in one quick motion. I knew he saw me so I wasn't trying to hide exactly. It's just....how does one explain that? He chuckles a bit and I feel the protective layer of blanket slowly slip from my grasp. I turn on to my back and his face is right in front of mine. I hold my breath. "What were you planning on doing there? Trying to take advantage of me?" he says lowly with a teasing smile. "What...no.why would I. I was just" I stammer, somehow unable to look away. His gaze is like a magnetic field and I'm attracted to it right away. He chuckles and I am about to get upset with embarrassment when he shuts me up in advanced. He closes his eyes and presses his lips to mine gently. Electricity shoots through my body as he holds me in his arms and presses a little harder. The adrenaline runs through me as I close my eyes and kiss him back and it gets more intense. Our lips started moving together. Oh snap we just went French style. We'd only kissed twice before but neither were as magical as this one. It was perfect. 

As much as I didn't want it to end, I had a feeling he wasn't going to stop it so I had to. I pulled away and gently broke free from his embrace. I looked into his eyes and saw a fire I'd never seen before. I felt the heat still in my cheeks and knew as long as we were both here like this they wouldn't go back to normal. What does one say after that though? As much as I loved him and loved that, that was enough of it for now. He seems to get that and I'm relieved. He rolls over and gets up and I do the same. I go to shower and look at the time. 10:30 P.M?! Wow, he'd been with me for exactly 12 hours. Poor thing had to be starving

I quickly finish showering and get dressed with the intention to make us something to eat after it. I looked in the mirror to make sure I didn't look haggard. Well if he saw me sleeping and hasn't run scared by the sight of it, I should be fine, I think. I step out and Kimi greets me with her enthusiastic barking. I smile and cuddle her to my chest. I walk in to the kitchen to start cooking and see Eli, already there looking more attractive than normal, cooking what smells like something with kimchi. I'm guessing kimchi stew? I walk over and see that I'm right. I have really no purpose for being in there, so I get my laptop and sit on a chair stationed at the bar like counter/table.

I start to continue my drama but I can't concentrate. His presence is enough to distract me from anything on the screen. I glance at him hoping he won't see because he'll no doubt start teasing me. I balance my head on my right arm so I won't have to move my whole head, just my eyes. I look over at him as he stirs and tastes and adjusts. I can't even explain why, but the way he concentrates on this is extremely attractive. His brow is creased with determination, his jaw set firmly but not distastefully and his eyes fixed on everything at once.

I am so smitten with him that I lose myself completely in staring. He looks up at me and smiles. I jump up slightly, realizing that I'd been caught. I look down quickly and stare intensely at the screen. I hear him laugh and I start to laugh too. The pounding in my heart lessens and I relax again. I feel silly for being embarrassed now. He's my man, why shouldn't I be able to look at him? My man? Who says that? Yikes ok I need a grip. 

About five minutes later, everything is done and he is setting the table. I put my laptop away, silently apologizing to Lee Minho for completely ignoring him and feed Kimi. I go to sit down and Eli pulls out my chair for me like a gentleman and kisses my check as I sit down. My heart does a little back flip as I try not to react. What was with him tonight? Not like I minded but I was getting more attention than usual.

We ate in silence for a while until he finally broke it by asking me what my ideal type is. I felt my cheeks redden as I prepare myself to answer. "You" I tell him as I avert eye contact. "Hmmm, valid answer" he smiles a bit "but what exactly about me?" he asks resting against the table. I pause for a moment and think of all the qualities I love about him. "Well, you are extremely caring. Even to strangers you always care about others. And you don't judge people without knowing them. Your sense of humor is the best. You cook amazingly, you have an amazing smile, I love the way you spoil me even though we both know I don't need it and because you love me for me. You never ask me for anything I'm not comfortable with and you know how to respect me properly" I finish and realize that I managed to keep eye contact without blushing like a fool. Suddenly I register what I just did. I just spilled my guts without a second thought. "And most importantly, I know I can trust you" I add, this time looking away. He smiles and walks over to me. I look up at him, into his beautiful dark eyes. He leans closer to me, pauses, and pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his shoulder, breathing in his scent. "I love you so much, babe." he says softly(and ily) . He pulls back and holds my face in his hands authentic Korean drama style. "You understand me perfectly and to be honest I can't see myself with anyone else but you. I can't promise a problem free future, but I can promise that I'll love you and only you" he says with the same look as he had earlier. Ah-hah. I had figured out what that meant. I looked away and smiled while inwardly doing my happy jig. He loves me for real, I think. He seems to be looking for an answer but I don't really have one that can be put in to words. Instead, I simply look up at him, smile, and kiss him with every fiber of my being. He wraps his arms around me, holding me in a protective envelope and with that, I know we understand each other perfectly.