Giving my all

The Boy Who Just Kept Giving

 

 

 

Once there was a boy named Kyungsoo.

And he was in love with his friend, Jongin.

And every day they would play together in the park.

And Kyungsoo would offer to walk him home just so they could spend more time together.

And Jongin would always accept.

He would walk Jongin home.

And then Jongin would offer to walk him home.

And Kyungsoo would always accept.

And they would go back and forth until they were tired

And when they were tired, Kyungsoo would let the other rest his head in his lap.

And Jongin loved Kyungsoo.

Very much.

And Kyungsoo was happy.

But time went by.

And both boys entered high school.

And Kyungsoo was often alone.

 

Then one day Jongin went up to Kyungsoo in the hallway and Kyungsoo said “Jongin! How are you?”

“I’m fine Kyungsoo.” Jongin replied

“Do you want to go out and play? Like old times.” Kyungsoo asked

“I’m too old to play Kyungsoo.” Jongin said “I need help on the upcoming exam for science. I won’t be able to graduate if I fail. Do you think you could help me?”

“I can tutor you if you want. I’ll help you pass the exam and then you’ll be happy.”

And so Kyungsoo tutored Jongin, and Jongin passed the exam with flying colours.

And Kyungsoo was happy.

But Jongin didn’t come back to see him for a long time… and Kyungsoo was sad.

And then one day Jongin came back and Kyungsoo was ecstatic. He said “ Jongin! Would you like to come over? We could watch movies and just be happy.”

“I’m a grown man. I’m much too busy for that. I have a date tonight and I need to find someone to come along because her friend wants to join us. Do you think you could help me?” Jongin said

“I don’t want a girlfriend but I could go with you guys to keep that girl preoccupied.” Kyungsoo said. “I’ll keep her busy and then you’ll be happy.”

And so Jongin went on his date with the girl.

And Kyungsoo was happy.

But Jongin stayed away for a long time.

And when he came back Kyungsoo was so happy he could cry.

“Jongin! Shall we hang out like when we were kids?” Kyungsoo asked

“I can’t. I need to start packing. I want to go travel, far away from here.” Jongin said “Do you think you could help me?”

“Of course I’ll help you Jongin. And then you’ll be happy.” Kyungsoo said.

And so Jongin boarded his plane and left.

And Kyungsoo was happy… but not really.

And after a long time Jongin returned.

“I’m sorry Jongin. I can’t help you anymore.” Kyungsoo said “I’m just an old man now. I helped you graduate-”

“And I’ve long since forgotten everything I learned in high school.” Jongin said.

“I helped you find a girlfriend.” Kyungsoo said

“And we’ve been broken up for a long time.” Said Jongin

“I helped you leave to travel the world.” Said Kyungsoo

“And I have returned.” Jongin said

“There’s nothing left that I could possibly help you with now.” Kyungsoo said

“I don’t need very much anymore.” Said Jongin “Just a friend and a nice place to rest.”

“Well,” said Kyungsoo, perking up a little bit “I have been told I’m a good friend and listener. And the park we used to visit as children has a lovely bench. Come, Jongin, let’s go to the park and you can tell me about your travels, just like when we were kids.”

And Jongin went to the park with him.

And Kyungsoo was happy.

 

The end

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys! I was cleaning up my room and I saw a bunch of my old childhood storybooks and as I reread some of them I got inspired to do a retelling using some of my otps. If you didn’t read the foreword this drabble is a retelling of “The Giving Tree.” by Shel Silverstein. I love the story and I hope you guys enjoyed it too. You should read the actual story, it’s pretty good. Anyways thanks for reading, leave a comment or two, bye everyone! Saranghaeyo~

 

Personal kpop blog: (x)

Baekyeol blog: (x)