His Surprise

Wendy and her Peter Pan

It was Wednesday night and they were all free from any schedule that night so the other members went out to relax while Sehun spent time with his girlfriend.

Sulli rested her head on his shoulder and played with his fingers  while watching Peter Pan with Sehun, who was busy surfing the net on his phone, in the living room.

"Hey, what are you going to do this Sunday?" Sulli excitedly asked her boyfriend.

"Depends. Maybe just sleep? Why?" Sehun answered without hesitation, taking no notice of Sulli's frown.

"Do you know what the date is on Sunday?" Sehun just shrugged, still busy with his phone.

"No. Why ask me? Just look at the calendar." This time, Sulli detached herself from Sehun and glared at the innocent TV, wishing for it to break. Sehun still did not take notice of the sudden coldness of Sulli. But because she loves her boyfriend so much, she can't take not talking to him for too long.

"What are you doing?" Sulli tried to converse again.

"Just surfing."

"What are you surfing?"

"Just things."

"Like?" Sehun sighed in annoyance.

"Jinri, just focus on the movie." This time, Sulli wished that Sehun's phone would break. But it was pointless to think that his phone will suddenly break out of nowhere so she just focused her mind on the movie. After some time, her anger vanished and was completely replaced by inexplicable joy because of the movie.

"Sehun, Sehun look! Aren't Peter Pan and Wendy cute while dancing under the moonlight and being surrounded by fairies in the forest?" Sulli gushed in their cuteness.

Sehun looked at the TV for a second and replied a quick 'yes' before returning to his phone.

"Wendy is so lucky to experience that. Peter Pan is so sweet. I wish to experience it too." Sulli sighed dreamily. Sehun just rolled his eyes after hearing this.

"I wish I was Wendy." Sehun stopped from whatever he was doing and stared at Sulli.

"Why?"

"Because she has Pan."

"And you have me." Sehun took Sulli's hand and intertwined their fingers. Sulli smiled in happiness. It was rare for Sehun to be sweet to her and when he does, it makes heart beat like crazy just like now. But her bubble world was soon  popped as she remembered that he doesn't know that their anniversary is on Sunday. She let his hand go.

"What? Why? Did I something wrong?" Confusion was etched on his face.

"Nothing." Sulli answered coldly.

"Is it about me surfing the net?" She whipped her head to his direction and stared at him like he was the most stupid person she has encountered. Well, right now, he is the most idiotic boyfriend for forgetting their anniversary. She narrowed her eyes but she smiled sweetly after a few seconds.

"No honey, you did nothing wrong." Sulli said with sarcasm but unfortunately Sehun did not notice it.

"Okay." Sehun sighed in relief and resumed in surfing the net. Frustrated at her oblivious boyfriend, Sulli groaned in annoyance and just resumed in watching the movie. After some time, Sehun spoke.

"Are you free this Sunday?" Sulli looked at him with hopeful eyes, thinking that he finally remembered their anniversary.

"Yes, why? Are we going somewhere? Did you prepare something?" Sulli asked excitedly.

"Huh? Prepare something? For what?" Sehun mirrored the confused face of Sulli.

"T-then why are you asking me if I'm free?" Her hope was slowly fading each second passing by.

"I was thinking of coming over to your dorm to sleep because you know the hyungs are too noisy so I can't sleep peac--" Sulli suddenly stood up, angry tears forming in her eyes.

"Oh Sehun, you idiot!" Sulli burst in tears and stormed out of the EXO's dorm, leaving the startled Sehun inside the dorm and running past the curious EXO members who were just going inside the dorm.


"You. Are. The most idiotic boyfriend I have ever known!" Baekhyun exclaimed while the others burst out laughing. They knew why she was angry. She's angry because he forgot their anniversary and she has been blabbering about it nonstop for the past few days. Her excitement was all for nothing because her boyfriend has no plans for that special day. Poor innocent Sulli.

"Yah!" Sehun glared at his hyungs.

"Do you know what the date is on Sunday?" asked Xiumin.

"I don't know! Why do you guys keep asking me about that? First it was Jinri now it's you hyung." Sehun exclaimed in annoyance.

"Stupid," Tao smacked his head lightly, "it's your anniversary on Sunday." Sehun's eyes widened after hearing this.

"Poor baby Jinri. Her boyfriend forgot their anniversary. If I was her boyfriend, I would never forget our anniversary." Luhan teased which earned a glare from the maknae. They all knew that Sehun gets easily jealous of Luhan ever since he said that he liked Sulli the most in f(x) and Sulli picking him as her favorite EXO member in order to avoid any suspicion of her relationship with Sehun.

"If I was her boyfriend, I would've composed a song for her ages ago and sing it to her on our anniversary." Chanyeol voiced out his thoughts. Sehun punched him in the arms as a result of his jealousy. Yes, Sehun was also jealous of Chanyeol because he is one of the closest EXO members to her since their trainee days. She even mentioned him on their album. And he also blamed the M!Countdown staff for making the two as substitute MCs once at their show. Since that faithful day the fans watched, recorded their interactions, and made stories about them on the internet which intensified his jealousy. And out of all the EXO members, he's jealous of Chanyeol the most.

"Okay, okay stop teasing Sehun," Suho intervened and turned to Sehun, "and you, do you have any idea how to make up with Jinri?"

"N--" His words were cut off because of his ringing phone.

He took out his phone to see who was calling and instantly froze.

"Why are you not answering your phone? Who is calling?" Sehun did not answer his hyung. He can't form any words so he showed his phone to his hyungs with shaking hand. All of their eyes grew wider as soon as they saw who was calling.

Jung Soojung calling...

Of course, she would tell her best friend first.

"You answer that." Sehun tossed his phone to Kai who in return tossed it to Suho.

"W-why me? Suho hyung is closer to her."

"Y-yah! You two are both 94-liner. You can handle her." He was supposed to give it back to Sehun but he hid behind Luhan and Kris so he shoved it to Kai again.

"No, you two are closer than we are. You should talk. Quick. Before she gets angrier." Kai refused to take the phone and the others refused to be near him so Suho had no choice but to answer the phone.

"H-hello S-soo--" He was cut off by Krystal.

"Yah Oh Sehun! How dare you make Jinri cry!" Suho had to take the phone away from his ear because of her loud and angry voice.

"S-soojung, t-this is Joonmyeon not Sehun. P-please calm down first." Suho tried his best to look calm but his voice betrayed him.

"Joonmyeon oppa? Why are you answering this call? Where is that stupid Oh Sehun? Please give it to him. Now." Krystal commanded and he immediately complied.

Suho and the other EXO members were afraid of Krystal even though she's younger than them because of her wrath. No one except Sulli can handle her angry state, even her older sister can't calm her like how Sulli calms her. Even if she was the maknae, she's very protective of her members especially Sulli. No one can survive her wrath without any traumatic experience. One good example was when Taemin tried to scare Sulli which resulted to her crying. Krystal found out about this and tortured him with the use of rubber ducks. Nobody knew what kind of torture Krystal did but it made Taemin mentally scarred and afraid of rubber ducks for life. That's how scary she was.

Sehun tried to run away but his beloved hyungs held him in place and shoved the phone on his hand. Afraid that his eardrums might break after what Krystal would say, he just the loud speaker so the others could also hear their conversation.

"H-hello? Oh Sehun speaking."

"Yah! Oh Sehun! You stupid piece of-- Ugh. Why did you make Jinri cry? Do you want to die early?" The EXO member tried not laugh at Krystal's threat and Sehun's paling face.

"Do you know how precious Jinri's tears are? It cost more than your silly life you ignorant fool! You should be ashamed of yourself for making Jinri cry. You're not fit to be her boyfriend if you're just gonna make her cry. Yah! Do you hear me--" There were voices heard on the other line and then they heard Victoria's calm voice.

"Hello? Oh Sehun? Are you still there?"

"Y-yes, I'm here noona."

"Good. Err, I'm sorry for Soojung's behavior. You know how overprotective she is when it comes to Jinri."

"Ah, I know noona. It was also my fault. How's Jinri? Is she still crying? Can I talk to her?" They heard a sigh from Victoria.

"I'm afraid you can't. Soojung is guarding her while Sunyoung and Amber are trying to stop her from crying." Sehun let out a frustrated sigh.

"I'm sorry noona. I know I'm stupid for forgetting our anniversary but please let me make up with Jinri."

"Dear, I can't do that for now. Jinri doesn't want to talk to you right now and you know Soojung..."

"Okay. What do I do?" Sehun pinched his nose tiredly.

"I'll give you time to prepare a surprise for Jinri and to make up with her. Do something for her on your anniversary. Me, Sunyoung, and Amber will take care of Jinri and Soojung. Is that alright?" Victoria suggested.

"I got it noona. Thank you." Sehun nodded and smiled as if Victoria can see him.

"Okay. Good luck! Try getting some help with your hyungs. Maybe they could help you. Oh Sehun fighting! I'll hang up now.

Sehun turned to his hyungs with determination.

"Hyungs, do you have any idea for surprises?"

"If I'm in your position, I'll probably set a dinner date." Xiumin suggested.

"Hmm. What about giving her flowers and teddy bear? Girls like those kind of things I think." Lay said.

"If it was me, I'll probably fill her room with balloons and different pictures of us attached at the bottom of the strings." Baekhyun's romantic side was showing again.

"I'll bake her cookies." Kyungsoo innocently said.

"I'll draw a picture of her." All looked at Kris weirdly.

"Hyung, you know you can't draw." Sehun rolled his eyes.

"Yah! I can draw perfectly fine." complained Kris.

"If your drawing skill is good then Chanyeol hyung and Chen hyung's dancing skills are also good." Tao joked.

"Hey!" Both Chanyeol and Chen smacked Tao's arms playfully.

"I'll hang a banner saying 'I'm sorry Jinri. Happy Anniversary. Please forgive me' in front of their dorm and sing for her." Luhan thoughtfully said.

"I'll write her a poem." Chen voiced out his opnion.

"Hyung, do you have a romantic side?" Kai asked Chen which earned him also a smack in the arm.

"Yes, I do. And girls consider poems written for them as romantic you know." Chen proudly said.

"Well, I already said earlier what I would do if I was her boyfriend." Chanyeol said.

"I'll dance for her." Kai mumbled shyly. Unfortunately, it was heard by Chen who told it to everyone and commented about his so called 'romantic side' which lead to them laughing hard.

"I don't know how to do romantic stuff." Tao unintentionally said.

"Yeah, you'll just scare your girlfriend with your wushu and panda eyes." Kris finally said as a comeback for Tao's teasing earlier.

"What about Joonmyeon? What would you do?" All attention was directed to Suho because of Xiumin's question.

"Oh. Err. Uhm. Do what she likes?" Suho uncomfortably said. Suddenly, an idea popped inside Sehun's head.

"That's it! Joonmyeon hyung you're a genius."

"I am? Oh, I am of course." Suho laughed awkwardly.

"Thanks hyung. Now I have a favor to ask you hyungs..." The EXO members gathered around as Sehun explained his idea.


It was now the day of their anniversary and for the last few days Sulli had been ignoring Sehun's effort of making up with her. It was not hard ignoring him because Krystal was always on her side to scare away those things Sehun tried to deliver to her and to answer all his calls. Somehow, Sulli felt sorry for Sehun but it would soon be replaced by anger.

But Sehun was not Oh Sehun for nothing. All his efforts for the past few days were just for a show. His real plan would be witnessed today. Just wait Choi Jinri.

Sulli slowly woke up because of the sunlight beaming from her window. Eyes still closed, she sat up on her bed and stretched. Slowly she opened her eyes and looked at her familiar room. She thought something was not right, she can't put a finger on it but she knew that something was wrong in her room.

Processing what she was seeing, she yelped in surprise and fell from the bed when she saw polaroid photos of her and Sehun attached to the balloons that were filling her ceiling.

Suddenly, her door burst open revealing the worried faces of her members. Seeing her room filled with balloons and pictures, they expressed their surprise by their jaws dropping.

"Whoa. This is so cool." Amber commented while scanning the pictures.

"Amber, this is not cool. This is romantic." Victoria corrected her.

"So cute! You're lucky to have a sweet boyfriend, Jinri!" Luna exclaimed while Sulli blushed.

"H-how did he get here? Is he a stalker or something?" Krystal furrowed her eyebrows.

Her phone suddenly beeped, signaling that she received a text message.

Dear girlfriend,

Good morning Jinri. I hope you greeted the morning with a smile. Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry for forgetting about it and barging in your room without your permission. Please forgive me and realize that I am the best boyfriend in the world for giving you a surprise as soon as you wake up. xoxo

P.S. Please don't let anyone see this photo of me to anyone. It is only for your eyes.

Attached at the bottom was him pouting and looking like a kid who dropped his ice cream on the floor. Sulli smiled at his cuteness and quickly replied. Her anger vanished completely after seeing his surprise. He did put all his effort in making up with her.

Dear best boyfriend in the world,

You really surprised me. Happy Anniversary too! It was so romantic, even the others agreed to me except Soojung who thinks you are a stalker at the moment. Thank you! It made me smile. xx

She even attached a photo of her looking like she's going to kiss the camera with her room and the other f(x) members in the background.


After showering, she got out of her room to have breakfast with the others. Because she was in good mood, she volunteered to cook for them. While cooking, the doorbell rang so Luna got up to open it.

"Oh, Kyungsoo and Jongin! Why are you two here?" Sulli heard Luna exclaim from the kitchen.

"Sehun wanted us to deliver these to Jinri." Sulli heard D.O. said.

"Wow! Come in, come in! Give it to Jinri directly. She's in the kitchen." She heard footsteps and closing of the door. When she turned around she saw Kyungsoo holding a basket full of cookies decorated with something that was not comprehensible but looking quite cute in the eyes and Kai looking uncomfortable while holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Jinri, these are for you."

"T-thank you. Oh! Do you want to eat with us?" Sulli asked with a smile while placing the basket of cookies and bouquet of flowers on the table. Krystal immediately examined the cookies.

"We would lo-- Ouch. I mean, we can't stay for long. But thanks for the invitation." Kai would love to eat but Kyungsoo elbowed him, signaling that they should leave now after receiving the go signal text from Sehun.

"Wait. Are you sure these are edible cookies? And what are those decorations? They look ugly." Krystal bluntly said which earned a glare from Sulli and laughter from the two EXO members.

"Well, they don't have poison." Kai joked. D.O. cleared his throat and said that they should go now. Their van was already waiting outside. Sulli presented to them to the door. When she opened the door, she instantly gasped.

On the opposite wall were papers pinned together to make a big heart. Inside the heart were the words 'Happy Anniversary Choi Jinri!'. At the side, there was a sign of Sehun. And at the bottom, there was a big pink covered Rilakkuma sitting. It was a cute sight to see.

Seeing that Sulli was busy adoring the cuteness of the sight in front of her, Kyungsoo and Kai quickly bid their goodbyes and Sulli could only nod in return.

Lunch came by but Sulli still can't get over of Sehun's surprises. Their doorbell rang for the second time of the day.

"I'll open it." Krystal quickly stood from her seat to open the door. She blinked in surprise when she saw who it was.

"Oh? SHINee oppas, what are all doing here?"

"We were sent by Jinri's 'best boyfriend in the world' to deliver something." Minho quoted in a sour tone.

"Aww. Someone's grumpy. Why is that?" Krystal teased.

"Anyway, are you not gonna invite us in?" Taemin asked while putting his arm on Krystal's shoulder and dragging her inside.

"It would be no use since you already welcomed yourselves inside," Krystal folded her arms and mumbled in a low voice, "stupid Taemin oppa."

Amber popped out of nowhere and jumped beside Key when the SHINee members got inside of the dorm.

"Hey you! What are you holding?" Amber tried to reach for the paper bag but Key was fast enough to put it away from Amber's curious hands. Key put his free hand on Amber's face to refrain her from reaching the paper bag from his other hand.

"Yah! Yah! Yah! This is for Jinri, not you." Amber pouted and crossed her arms.

"I was just curious." Jonghyun chuckled at Amber's childishness.

"Call Jinri so you could see it." Jonghyun suggested.

"Okay," Amber took a deep breath and yelled, "Oh Jinri! I-i mean Choi Jinri! Come outside of your room." She looked at Minho's direction awkwardly only to see him glaring at her. Amber chuckled nervously and did a peace sign. They knew that Minho was jealous of Sehun for stealing his precious dongsaeng from him. She's too innocent for 'Sehun's evilness', he once said. He's really protective of her ever since they got closer in the To The Beautiful You drama.

"What is i-- Oh? SHINee oppas! Why are you here?" She waved at them. Luna and Victoria also got out of their rooms to see the commotion in the living room.

"Okay, since Jinri is here. Let's start." Onew ordered the SHINee members which confused the girls.

"Amber noona, can you please play this for us?" Taemin fished out his iPod and gave it to Amber who plugged it to the speakers.

The SHINee members formed a V. Their stance were quite familiar in the f(x) members' minds but they can't put a finger on it. By Jonghyun's signal, Amber played the song. Realization hit them after hearing the intro, it was their song Rum Pum Pum Pum. Minho acted the part of Sulli, Taemin acted as Krystal, Onew acted as Luna, Key acted as Amber, and Jonghyun as Victoria. The f(x) members were amazed and at the same time they were laughing hard at SHINee because of their awkward moves. They knew that the boys were uncomfortable dancing to songs made by girl groups, except for Key maybe.

In the SHINee's mind, they should have used their magic dance but the little Oh Sehun manipulated them to dancing the original steps. They just kept in mind that it was for Sulli's sake. At the last few seconds, Minho pulled out the paper bag out of nowhere and gave it to the shocked Sulli while the others posed in the background.

"Thank you Minho oppa!" Sulli hugged him. The others wolf whistled and teased them.

"Yah! What about this oppa? Don't I deserve a hug for the hard work too?" Jonghyun pointed at himself. The others agreed so Sulli had no choice but to hug them too.

"Well, our job here is done. So boys," Onew nodded at the boys. They danced and sang the chorus part of their song Sherlock while exiting the dorm which lead to another set of laughter to the f(x) group.

"So... What's in that?" Victoria asked after she stopped laughing. Sulli shrugged as an answer to her question.

"Let's open it!" Luna squealed. But before Sulli could open the paper bag there was another visitor again. It was Tiffany and Taeyeon of Girls' Generation.

"Taeyeon eonni! Miyoung eonni!" Sulli hugged the older girls. The other f(x) members also greeted them.

"Hello Jinri! Happy Anniversary!" Taeyeon clung to the taller girl.

"My little Jinri is having her anniversary today. Congratulations!" Tiffany hugged back Sulli.

"Thank you eonnies. What brings you here? I thought you and the other eonnies are busy?"

"Can't we surprise our dongsaeng with a visit?" Taeyeon pouted and faked crying.

"N-no! T-that's not what I meant eonni," Sulli sweat dropped at her childish eonni.

"Well your boyfriend asked us to give you a makeover." Tiffany explained. Sulli blinked in confusion.

"For what?"

"Silly giant baby. For your date with Sehun later of course. Now, let's start before your ride comes here."

Tiffany led Sulli to a seat and prepared her make up kit while Taeyeon pulled out the things she needed for Sulli's hair.

The remaining girls stood at the side and watched Sulli getting a make over quietly. They did not dare to get in the way because the two are really scary when they are bothered especially Tiffany. But no one can beat Krystal when she's angry. Sulli was engrossed at what the older girls were doing that she didn't hear someone getting inside their dorm with the help of Amber.

Sulli and Taeyeon turned their head when they heard someone clearing their throat while Tiffany concentrated on giving Sulli a makeup. They saw a smiling Heechul and a smirking Donghae.

" Heechul Oppa! Donghae Oppa!" Sulli exclaimed.

"Yah! Choi Jinri don't move!" Tiffany scolded.

"Are you sure you two are skilled to give Jinri a makeover?" Heechul jokingly asked.

"Hey! For your information, we do our own makeups when we attend events. No one said our makeups were ugly so I think our skills are qualified to give Jinri a makeover, you bully." Taeyeon stuck her tongue out while Heechul chuckled. While waiting for the two to finish, the two guys chatted with the f(x) members.

After some time, Tiffany put some last touches and Taeyeon finished her hair.

"Done!" Tiffany smiled. Donghae acted like a professional artist who was inspecting Sulli's face makeup and hairstyle.

"Good job!" Donghae ruffled Tiffany's hair.

"Yah! You're making my hair messy. Do you want to die?" Donghae just faked looking at his watch and grabbed Sulli from the chair.

"Oh, look at the time. Jinri needs to dress up now." He pushed Sulli to her room to get dress with the clothes inside the paper bag given earlier.

They did not wait for too long. The door of Sulli's room opened slowly and revealed a beautiful looking woman. She looked like a princess with her hair and makeup. Her modest plunging neckline and above the knee ivory peach dress with white coat were simple but Sulli wore it with elegance. Everyone was speechless when they saw Sulli. She was a little bit uncomfortable with their stares so she cleared to catch their attention.

"S-so? How do I look?" She did a twirl to add some effects.

"You look beautiful, Jinri." Tiffany was the first one to break off from her trance. The others complimented her after that which really flattered her. But Sulli noticed that Krystal was really silent.

"Soojung, what do you think? Do I look pretty?" Krystal stayed mute for a few minutes. She looked around and saw that everyone was anticipating for her answer. She sighed in defeat before answering.

"Y-you look gorgeous. Sehun is lucky to have you, Jinri." Krystal looked away after. She was not comfortable giving compliments to others since she was known being cold.

"Thank you Soojung and thank you everyone." Sulli smiled and hugged each one of them.

"I think we should be going now. It's going to be a long ride for us." Donghae looked at his watch. Sulli bade her goodbyes to her eonnies.

"Where are we going?" Sulli walked in between her big brothers.

"Somewhere..." Heechul said mysteriously. He held the door of the car for Sulli while Donghae started the engine.


"Are we there yet?" Heechul sighed in annoyance for the nth time.

"Jinri, you asked that just five minutes ago and no, we are not there yet." Heechul was the one driving now. He switched with Donghae since he was feeling a little bit stiff while just sitting. The oldness was catching up with him.

Sulli was restless. She was quite nervous about her date with Sehun later. She doesn't know how she will react with Sehun later. Butterflies had been fluttering endlessly inside her stomach since they left the dorm. She also couldn't contain her excitement so she bugged her oppas in order to divert her attention but it was no use since she still felt nervous and excited at the same and her oppas are getting annoyed of her questions. She felt bad about her oppas so she decided to stay silent.

After a while, Donghae looked at the rear-view mirror and saw Sulli fiddling with her hands. In order to avert her attention he told some funny stories about him and the other Super Junior members.

"...so Kyuhyun tried to get his revenge with Hyukjae by writing on his face with the marker when he was sleeping. The next morning we were woken up because of Hyukjae's scream. We thought he was in an accident so we all rushed to the bathroom. When we got there, Hyukjae had his hands covering his face while crouching in one corner. When he faced us - BAM! He looked so ugly with the black circles around his eyes, whiskers on his cheeks, and a  'Cho Kyuhyun is the most handsome and Lee Hyukjae is the ugliest. Kyuhyun did not do this' all over his face." Sulli burst out laughing when she heard the story and concluded that Kyuhyun should not be messed with.

"W-what happened to Kyuhyun oppa?"

"Well Hyukjae tried to chase him like a madman around the dorm so he had to run for his life."

"Why didn't anyone stop them?" Heechul asked.

"Hyung, we were all busy laughing. What do you expect?" They continued laughing and sharing stories inside the car until Heechul stopped the car. Sulli didn't realize they were already at their destination until Heechul told Sulli to go outside now.

"Just follow those jars of light. We'll be going now. Bye Jinri!"

"W-wait--" Sulli didn't get to finish her sentence as her oppas already left her alone. In the forest. At nightfall.

She shivered out of fright when she heard an owl hooting. She wasn't usually scared of the night, but tonight was different. She was left alone by her oppas in the middle of nowhere (it was actually a mini forest) and no one was accompanying her. She was terrified beyond imagination now. Many thoughts came to her mind which only led to her being more fearful.

What if a serial killer jumped out of nowhere and kill me? What if a monster is lurking around here? What if there's a ghost h--- No, no Choi Jinri, you shouldn't think this way.

She shook her head and thought of her happy memories to distract herself from her fear. Her stream of thoughts were cut off when she turned around and saw the glowing colored mason jars on the grass. The mason jars were spread out on the ground but were parted in the middle as if guiding her. She was left speechless by the beautiful sight. It felt like she was in a movie, she was the lead actress of a fairy tale and the mason jars were the fairies guiding her to her prince charming except her prince charming was a prankster, lazy,  forgetful, and 'evil' according to her oppas. He was an imperfect prince charming but his flaws were one of the reasons why she fell for him. And this rare romantic side of his was just a bonus. She appreciated his efforts and felt like she was one lucky girlfriend to have a boyfriend like him.


Oh Sehun was nervous and he didn't know why. There where only a few times did he feel nervous. Two of the times he felt nervous were when he auditioned as a SM trainee and when he asked Sulli to be his girlfriend. Today was the third time. His palms were getting sweaty and he was getting a little bit stiff from standing and waiting for Sulli.

In order to sidetrack his mind he checked his prepared surprise for Sulli and his self if there was something wrong. He was about to check his watch when he caught the sight of his girlfriend. He stood frozen when he saw how pretty she was with her dress and her makeup. To be honest, he had a hard time choosing her dress and convincing his Taeyeon and Tiffany noona to agree with him to do Sulli's makeover. He had to call almost all of Sulli's friends to ask for advice about Sulli's outfit. And the noonas scolded him for hours before giving in to his aegyo. No one could resist his aegyo.

Sulli saw Sehun staring at her which made her quite shy. While walking to his direction, she observed the scene. It was already sundown, but the lights from the mason jars surrounding them were making the place bright and glowing. Beside the glowing tree was a table for two.

She looked at Sehun again and couldn't help but to smile because of inexplicable joy. She saw Sehun smiling slightly while waiting for her. When she was an arm's length from him, he suddenly pulled her to his chest and hugged her tightly which startled her.

"Please don't ignore me like that again. It felt like hell with the noonas and hyungs not leaving my side and scolding me always. And don't forget Soojung." Sulli giggled at Sehun's complain.

"Well, that's what you get when you forget our special day. The eonnies and oppas are on my side." She pulled away from Sehun slightly and stuck her tongue out playfully. They stayed in that position for a while until they heard a growling stomach. Sehun chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his neck.

"Quite hungry, aren't we? Should we start eating now?" Sehun nodded and pulled a seat for Sulli. Sehun sat at the seat opposite of hers. He smiled at her before clapping his hands as if giving a cue.

As soon as he clapped, some EXO members emerged behind the trees and bushes looking like butlers. Sulli was amazed by their looks. Their uniforms were made for butlers but they still look good especially Xiumin.

"Minseok oppa, you look handsome even with that uniform." Sulli praised while Sehun openly glared at his hyung out of jealousy.

"Thank you Jinri but if glares could kill I would probably be dead by now. And the suspect would be no other than your boyfriend." Xiumin laughed nervously while serving them.

"Yah Oh Sehun! You shouldn't glare at oppa. That's not nice." Sulli scolded while Sehun pouted.

"But it's not fair. You complimented hyung after seeing him while I, on the other side, did not receive any compliment after being with you longer than him here." Sulli just raised her eyebrow at Sehun's childishness. She knew he was handsome in his outfit of checkered gray and black suite with his hair up. He has always been handsome. But she didn't dare to voice out her compliment because she knew it will just boost his ego.

"Hey hey, you two shouldn't fight right now. Just enjoy your moment. Here are some music." Suho signaled Luhan, Baekhyun, D.O., Chen, Chanyeol, and Lay to come out.

"So, here we are to entertain you! Jinri, please enjoy." Baekhyun winked cutely.

"Yah! I'm here too." Sehun complained.

"The songs are for Jinri, not you." Luhan and Chen teased.

"Anyway, Happy Anniversary Jinri and Sehun. Enjoy your dinner date." D.O. greeted and signaled Chanyeol to start beat boxing and Lay strumming his guitar while the four sing songs.

"So, what do you think of this surprise?" Sehun nervously asked.

"It's beautiful, Sehun. I've been pleasantly surprised since the morning and I love it all. Thank you." Sulli smiled and held Sehun's hand.

"Glad you like it. Now, do you like being Wendy?"

"Wendy? From Peter Pan?"

"Yes, that's what you are today. Remember when you watched that Peter Pan movie last time, you wanted to be Wendy?" Sulli was speechless. She didn't know that Sehun remembered what she said that day.

"H-how? W-wha-?" Sehun chuckled at his girlfriend.

"You didn't think I was not seriously listening to you, do you?" Sulli shook her head. "Well, now I granted your wish." Sulli smiled in thanks. They talked more while eating and listening to the voices of the EXO members.

They enjoyed the night with EXO's beautiful voices on the serene night until the boys finished all of their song numbers.

"So now, our songs are all played. Thank you for listening." Chen said to interrupt the lovebirds.

"Is it already done?" Sulli asked in dismay while the EXO members nodded regretfully. "Well, your voices are really good. Thank you for performing!" Sulli bowed in thanks. And the EXO butlers got out of the bushes to collect the dishes of the two who just recently finished eating.

Suddenly, Sehun cleared his throat to catch his girlfriend's attention who was watching the EXO members doing their work.

"So Jinri, do you want to dance?" Sulli blinked in a confused manner.

"How? We have no music here." She tilted her head curiously which earned chuckles from her boyfriend and the members.

"Silly girl." Kris played the ipod attached to a portable speaker. A beautiful slow dance song was played. Sehun got up from his seat and offered his hand to Sulli who happily took it.

They danced from the beat of the song and under the moonlight, just like what Wendy and Peter Pan did. The candles made it more magical, as if they were surrounded by fairies.

Sulli was definitely awestruck by the series of surprises Sehun did for her. She didn't think that her boyfriend would work hard just to reconcile with her and prepare for their anniversary in just a few days. This has got to be the best day in her life, being together with her boyfriend. Sulli wanted to cry out of happiness. Her tears were forming but she didn't want it to fall so she had to look up and fan herself.

"W-why are you crying? Did I do something wrong again?" Sehun panicked. Sulli shook her head.

"I am...actually very happy. Thank you Oh Sehun for this wonderful night." Sehun hugged her but continued to sway them.

"Don't cry. Your make up will be ruined. This is your magical night." Sulli smiled.

"I feel like Wendy at the moment, you are my Peter Pan and the others who helped you and me are Tinkerbell."

"You are no Wendy and I am no Peter Pan," Sulli smacked him for ruining the mood but he just continued, "because you are Choi Jinri and I am Oh Sehun. We are not fictional characters, we are real and this is our story. I have no powers to make us fly, but I could work hard to make your life magical just like now. Honestly, I don't want us to be Peter Pan and Wendy, because their story was tragic. Wendy had to go back to her world and left Peter Pan. While Peter had to let her go even though he loved her... I don't want that to happen to us. I don't want you to leave me. I don't want to let you go, Jinri." Sulli was left speechless after hearing Sehun. She wanted to burst out of happiness.

"Oh Sehun, you... I-I don't know what to say." Sulli was tearing up.

"Just enjoy the night with me." And they continued to sway to the beat of their own hearts, just minding their own world.

No words can explain how happy Sulli was at the moment. She felt magical, she felt wonderful, and she felt well loved. She's lucky to have a boyfriend like him. And she's very lucky to be loved by him.

No exact words could describe how she was feeling and how right it was to be at Sehun's arms. Sehun was right, she concluded after thinking about his speech. They are no fictional character, they are humans. They don't live in a kingdom or an island. They don't have powers and they can't fly. But because of their love for each other, they could make their lives magnificent. They don't need an ounce of fantasy, a pinch of mystery, or a gallon of magic to have a good life. As long as they have each other and love one another, they are contented.

 

Author's Note:

I know. I failed at the humor and the ending. XD But please tell me what you think about this. Thank you!