Normal but not So normal day

The Guy I like

This is Kim Soo Jung, she is a young and ambitious office worker. With a younger brother in her care, she can't afford to be laid back and live a fun life like the other girl in their 20's. Both of her parents had passed away, she is the one who earns the money for the living expense and also her little brother tuition. 

Though her life is hard, she doesn't feel that bad about it. She is glad to at least have her own house, which she doesn't to worry about paying the rent. And her adorable, smart and helpful little brother Do Kyung Soo. Though they are brother and sister, but they aren't related by blood. Kyung Soo got adopted by her parents, when he was 3 years old, while she is 7 years old. Her parents loved Kyung Soo like their own son, but they don't want to change his family name. Because they felt bad to change it, since his parents made this name for him, it must have put them lots of effort. For them to change it just because they adopted him felt so wrong. That's why at home his family see him and call him as Do kyung Soo, while officially in the family registration book he is already Kim Kyung Soo.


                                                                                                                                                          

You wake up, early in the morning as usual. Do the laundry and prepare yourself for work. You can say you are one blessed older sister to have a little brother that will cook you delicious meals for the whole day. And will sometime help you do the dishes and some other chores. At times when you are stuck with a problem in your work, your little brother will give you a hand, his help work effectively. At the same time he maintain his grades at school very well, he always comes first. He is one smart boy.

"Wah. That smells good Kyung Soo." you walk in with your office attire on and compliment him.

" I'm trying a new recipe I looked up last night." he said while still cooking his stew.

You help him set up the table, the rice he cook is perfect as usual. You feel really lucky to have a little brother like him. You are sure any girl that he loves is very lucky, but strangely you had never saw him dating nor interested in a girl before. Is he dating secretly? Or maybe he has a crush!!! 

" Its done! And here is your Lunch box. I'm going to take a quick shower." He said as he lay down the lunch box with his usual poker face and climb the stairs.

" Take your time and wash well~" You call out to him.

While D.O is taking a shower, you are pouring some milk into the two glasses and set it on the table. You look over to the side dishes and the stew on the table happily. You swear you can't cook anything as good as that, you always thought of your little brother as a genius or a master piece of god. 

"I'm back." D.O walk to the table with his uniform on, which looks really good on him

" Oh. Lets eat." You told your little brother and seat yourself across from him

You two are eating quietly just like the usual days. Though Kyung Soo and you aren't related by blood, but you two has something in common. Both of you enjoys quietness, you enjoy each others company though you two don't really talk that much. As you were enjoying your food a topic pops up.

"Oh. Kyung Soo, do you have a crush on someone?" D.O chokes the rice he was munching after hearing your question, he hurriedly reach over to the milk and take a big gulp of it.

" *cough* Why do you ask so suddenly ? " He recomposed himself and ask calmly  

" From the looks of it, you must have one right????" You leans closer to , but got no reaction.

" Noona do you feel that lonely? You don't happen to have anyone you have a crush on right?" He ask back with a poker face

Those replies he made got you good! You just back fired yourself. You felt like a hammer just hit you on the head.

" Shut up! I was just checking on you." you retort back and eat your breakfast.

" Oh. Right! If you have anyone in mind make a move, Ok! Or you will regret it when she is taken away! I believe you won't choose the wrong girl, you are pretty smart and also sensitive." You advice him, though you yourself have this hopeless crush for your boss for quite a few years now.

'' Why are we talking about relationships so suddenly?'' 

'' Aish! You are gonna be graduating from high school after next year, I'm just telling you. Oh, I have to go now Kyung Soo. You can just leave the dishes there, I'll do it in the evening." You said hurriedly and drain your milk.

" *sigh* From the looks of it, she must have a crush on someone~`" Kyung Soo shake his head slowly while looking at you brisk walking on the street through the window.

                                                                                                                                                       

After taking a bus for 10 minutes and then walk for 5 minutes you finally reach your company. Most workers here would have enough money afford to buy their own vehicles but as for you! Those types of luxury is unattainable, but even though you can afford it, you would rather save those money to be able to send Kyung Soo to an elite university.

Everyday is normal, you greet everyone you see but some of them will look at you while some of them wouldn't. And then you hear sweet as sugar voices of the female workers greeting to the same person Kim Jong In.

"Good morning sajangnim~" " Good morning sajangnim~ Today is beautiful isn't it."

" Good Morning sajangnim~ I just got a very new idea for the product design last night."

And the words goes on, you look at your CEO who is surrounded by all those beauties. All you can hear were the sweet greetings of them but Jong In didn't give a single reply. He just nodded and put on a charming smile. Everything is going on just normally, then Jong In proceed toward you. You gave him a deep bow, you didn't expect him to notice you. Because most of the male workers here don't even know you or look at you.

"Oh. Morning Soo Jung ssi." You got flustered to here him reply back to you and even know your name!

You didn't know how to react to that, you stand there tight lipped and stare at the ground. While your CEO Jong In is looking at you with an amused smile, while the others were giving you dirty looks. Fortunately, the elevator got here and everyone starts rushing into the elevator, with all those people flocking in there. There is no way for you to be able to get in there! You were hoping to be able to finally ride an elevator with your crush after all those years. But the chance just slipped away. You turn to head for another elevator.

You got to your desk and start working, like usual...there are tons of documents for you to type and read. Graphs and customer requests. You were typing and reading this and that, focused. And there! Your phone vibrate and its lunch time. 

Though you brought your own lunch box that your sweet little brother Kyung Soo packed for you everyday. But since you are the latest to join this department of yours, you have to run errands for your seniors every Lunch time. 

You stand up and grab a mini note book and went around the room to ask what the seniors want for lunch. There are 6 people excluding you in this department, but the orders are never little. There are about 18-22 orders everyday, but luckily their orders can be bought easily around the company building. But still its hard for you to carry it.

You walk from shop to shop, to get all the 19 orders fetched and then get back to your company building. You are struggling a little to hold all these orders, making sure they aren't spilled. Because your seniors are very very short tempered, they will lash out on you if their drinks or food is spilled or messed up.

As you are walking your way to your department, you stumble and then start to loose your balance. You were about to fall, then you felt a pair of strong arms wrap around your waist. You can smell the scent of that guy,  Luhan ssi !

"Be careful next time Okay? " you get out of his grasp and turn around immediately

" Th-Thank you Luhan ssi." you said and give him a quick bow.

"You're welcome. Let me help you. This errand is seriously too much for a girl." He said and pick up two big plastic bags leaving only one for you.

'' You don't need to do this really. You should go and have your lunch! '' you rush behind him

" Its Ok. I already ate them. You are Soo Jung from the xxxx department right ?" he ask casually

"Ah, yes." You answer politely.

As you guys got to the department, everyone were surprised to see Luhan with you. Luhan is the flower boy of the company, he is as popular as Kai. He is also the best employee every months, never fail. Though he doesn't speak with anyone much, especially the girls. But he is surprisingly very kind and gentleman like from what people said.

Luhan help you hand out the lunch, and then leave. You got back to your desk eating your own lunch, and daze out. How did I ended up being able to talk to him? And I heard rumors that Luhan ssi barely leaves his desk. He is always at his desk working, not anyone get to meet him beside the start of the day. Is my luck on the roof top today? 

After a few hours of work, the working hours ends. Everyone in your department had already done their tasks, except for you who works really hard to get the bonus of the company. 

The room is empty already, its dark outside. Sometimes staying till night like this scares you, but to support Kyung Soo and yourself you have to do this.

You take a little break and stretch around, you glance at your calendar and see that tomorrow is your parents death anniversary. You totally forgot about it, but all of a sudden a sadness and tiredness rush up to you. Making your tears well up, your energy just drained away you don't felt like working anymore. So you decide to just leave the office.

As for Kai, as he was getting taking a walk to get some night breeze after eating dinner at home. He saw a figure walking alone on the street. Is that....Soo Jung? Its her! But why does she look so sad? Did something happened? Without thinking he jog towards you casually.

'' hey!" you jump a little as you heard his voice

" s-sajangnim !" 

" Don't address me like that outside the company. Just call me Jong In." he said smiling at you. the smile that make you blush and see sunshine.

" Jong In ssi" 

" Hmm. good enough, but just drop the ssi. But what's with the sad face? Did something happened?" He ask trying to meet your eyes

"Ah...I just suddenly felt sad. Tomorrow is my parent's death anniversary..." you said softly

'' Oh...my condolence. Do you want to get a drink at my place?" He ask trying to comfort you

'' Eh!? Are you sure? '' you can't believed your crush just asked you to drink! And what's more its at his place!

'' Of course! Don't worry, I don't mind it, if its you." He said the with a soft smile, making you not believe what you just heard!

"Lets go. Its getting colder." He said and grab your hand then start dashing. Geeze! Really! What is wrong with me! 

You got to his house, its a villa. The interior looks very modern and luxurious, but its strangely quiet. 

'' I live alone. My other family members are abroad." he answer as he notice your curiosity, while you on the other hand surprised he just answered your question.

'' Sit here! I'll mix  you a drink." He push you down on the seat.

"Its done! I really like to drink this one! Its my favorite. Hope you like it!" he place the glass down on the counter.

You took a gulp of it and amazed of how refreshing it taste.

"Wow! This one is so good! I can drink it all day without getting drunk!" 

"Hehe. Glad you like it. I'll order some chicken and lets cry out all of our stress tonight !" He announce childishly.

After a while the chicken arrives, Kai already set a few bottles of soju on the coffee table in the lounge already. You two start digging in, after drinking half of the bottle you start to feel the affect of the alcohol. Kai look at your pinkish face that looks extremely cute.

" You get drunk really fast, huh?" he ask

" I had only drink about 5-6 times..." you take another shot of it, you look at Kai but he doesn't has any sign of drunk at all.

Now you two finish two bottle, the alcohol is really getting to you

" *hiccup* You know what Jong In !" You shout to him, he rounded his eyes and look at you

Uh, oh~ I think she is drunk... He look at with clueless eyes

" I...I.. had lo-lost my parents for 2 years now...They died in an accident. Though its a long amount of time...*sniffle* I'm still not used to it. I still feel really sad and lonely. But you know what that gave me all these energy to keep standing?!" Once again he is surprised, but he just look at you with soft eyes and smile warmly.

'' What?'' he ask softly

" Do kyung Soo. My adorable little brother....he had always help me out when things get tough. That's why whenever I feel too stressed out and want to die....I always thought..what will Kyung Soo do If I leave him alone...it will be very hard for him to lose his whole family again..."

" Again?" Kai asked 

" My parents adopted him. When he was 3. We didn't want to change his name but to make him our family member we just registered him as Kim kyung Soo . Though we still call him Do kyung Soo." You answer back feeling drowsy.

Ring ring~

" oh? Hello?" You answer your phone

" sis where are you Right now?" The boy on the other line ask calmly just as how he is.

" Kyung Soo!!! Ah I'm drinking with my Boss. At his house!!!" You answer drunkly

" What?! Are you crazy!? *sigh* stay there! Be careful ok? " he end his call.

" Hello????" You said.

" Your little brother?" Kai ask as he gulp down the soju.

" Yes, he told me to stay here. And be careful." You said and then fell a sleep on the floor.

Kyung Soo on the other hand was worried sick about his sis. Hearing that she was drinking with her boss got his mind run wild, all the possibilities of dangers that could happen to her run through his mind. He is sitting impaitiently in the taxi. He had use his phone to track down her phone to find where she is.

Meanwhile Kai was cleaning up the mess, he had laid you on the sofa and cover you with his blanket. He then came back into the lounge and just sit down and stare at your face. To him you always look cute at the company, but when you were drinking you look surprisingly y. He touch your pink cheek with his index finger then trace down to your cute nose and the your lips. He felt the urge to kiss you uncontrollably. 

Of course he's a man and he has his needs but. To you it's different. He doesn't want to do things on impulse, like he is to other girls. He doesn't want to hurt you or see you hurt more than anyone else. That's why he had been considering over and over. And watching you from a far, though he knows clearly you like him. But he isn't sure if you really like him enough to stay like that forever. Because he had been betrayed once that's why he had never stick close to any girls for long, it had always been like that. But when you entered the company, he just got this feeling to look over you and want to warm up to you. But he had always been holding himself back.

He slowly presses his lips on yours and kiss you over and over. You felt something warm pressing on your lips and open your eyes. You saw Kai's right in front of you! Way too close. You push him away and he look at you sadly.

" Kai." 

" I know that you might not have known this but. I like you. I have liked you since the start. I had also notice that you like me. I had always been a player. But just this once..... I want to bring down all the barriers I had been building and warm up to someone." Kai said and cup your cheek and pull you closer.

" Will you go out with me?" He ask

You can not believe that your crush had just asked you out. The feeling is like a thousand of of fireworks are going on in the sky just for you, the only think you can hear was his phrase running over and over in your head accompanying by your loud heartbeat.  You were about to answer when....

dingdong

The door bell pull you two apart. Kai clear his throat awkwardly, he swear he want to tear apart who ever pressed the door bell just now. Kai open the door and a young teenage boy just bow at him and made his way into the house to the lounge. 

Kyungsoo grab his sister's hand and pull her up.

" Let's go home" he said with his usual poker face.

" W-wait!" You stuttered and your little brother look at you dumbly.

" Kai! I - it's a yes! Good night !" You said nervously not drunk anymore and pull your little brother and got into the Taxi.

" What was that?" Kyung Soo ask

" he confessed!!! My crush confessed!! Teehee~" you say excitedly to yourself but as you turn to your little brother you saw him looking lonely and sad.

" What's wrong kyung Soo?" You ask worriedly

" nothing. Ah. You need to wake up early tomorrow and help me prepare the food for our parent's anniversary ok." He said 

" I will." You said and then doze off.

How can I let you go? I had been liking you all this time. We are siblings...though we aren't related by blood we are still bound to not be able to love each other. But what can I do with this feeling...? I had been trying to erase it and suppress it. But nothing can be done, it always manage to slip out somehow. But you just didn't catch on...*sigh* what can I do with my slow sister of mine?   I guess I will just have to stay by your side, look over you instead of being able to get closer to you. It will be enough~