Birthday?

The Dumb and Misunderstanding

[Main: Sekai, Side: Xiuhan, Slight: Baekyeol, Suchen]

Sorry for the wrong grammar, Hope you like this~

 

-

 

13 January

“Sehuuunn~~~”

“Sehun-aaahh~~~”

“Hey Sehuuun, what are you doing?”

“YAAAHH!!! KIM JONGIN! stop poking me, tomorrow I have Math, Physics & Biology test!! Go awaayy... I must study you know..”

Jongin pouting but still sitting next to Sehun in the library

“Stop pouting and staring at me please.. I think I already said go away to you Jongin”

“What? How can you be so cruel towards your boyfriend? I’m not disturbing you..”

“Aiishh, whatever you dumb”

“You’re dumber!”

“Said the person who never pass his physics test”

“...”

“...”

“maybe I’m dumb, but nevertheless You still Love me, Oh Sehun”

“I also wonder why I love you.. Did you use magic to me?”

“YOU JERK!”

Then, Sehun laughing

-

14 January

Today is Jongin’s birthday, most of his classmate already said ‘Happy Birthday’ to him since morning, but that one person –His boyfriend, Oh Sehun- from the class next door still haven’t said anything to him, and he wonder why, so when break time was come, he isn’t go to cafetaria instead he goes to Sehun’s class.

“Hey Sehun, wanna go to cafetaria?”

“No.. I still have to study..”

“Come on.. you don’t want to eat something? I don’t want you sick babe~”

“Jongin you’re exaggerating”

Jongin stand still and keep quite beside Sehun. Honestly, Jongin still wondering if Sehun really forgot about his birthday.

“Hey Sehun, what day is it today?”

“Today is Friday you dumb. Why did you ask?”

“Aaah, this is Friday? I forgot to do my math homework..”

“I told you, you’re dumb. Sorry but right now I’m busy, can’t help you Jongin.”

“It’s okay. And Sehun, sorry I can’t go home with you today, I have something to do.”

“Oh? Do you wanna me to accompany you?

“No, it’s okay, you can go home first. I have to go now. Bye.”

Jongin back to his class and sit at his chair, his mood is really worse now because it’s obvious that his beloved boyfriend forgot his birthday because he have 3 ing test! Sehun never forgot Jongin’s birthday before, and neither Jongin, so it’s obvious that Jongin is really disappointed.

-

When school end, Baekhyun approached Sehun immediately with his biggest grin

“What will you do after this?”

“Huh? I’ll go home..”

“Go home? Are you not going anywhere with Jongin today?”

“Jongin? No.. I even go home alone today.. Why are you suddenly ask about this?”

“Huh? Alone?!”

“Yes...”

Before Baekhyun said anything else, Chanyeol come and backhug him

“Hey babe~”

“Hey Yeol~”

“Ugh you two stop being lovey dovey in front of me..”

“Sorry Sehun. Jealous? Just come to Jongin~ By the way, what did you give to Jongin today?”

 “Huh? Give? Give for what? You two are really weird now, before you come, Baek asked me where will I go with Jongin today, and now you asked me what I gave to him today. Tell me what are you two talking about!”

“DON’T YOU SAY THAT YOU FORGOT WHAT DAY IS IT TODAY?!?!!?”

“I’M NOT DUMB, THIS IS FRIDAY BAEK, I KNOOOWWW!!”

“What date is it today?” Chanyeol asked after sigh

“Date? I don’t remember..”

“IT’S 14 JANUARY YOU SE-DUUUMMMBBB!!!!!”

“YAH BYUN BAEKHYUN DON’T HIT ME, IT HURTS!”

“A WHOLE SCHOOL KNOW THAT TODAY IS YOUR BELOVED BOYFRIEND’S BIRTHDAY OH SEHUUN!!!!!”

Sehun silent after that..

“Jongin’s birthday......... How come I forgot his birthday....”

“Maybe that’s why he don’t want to go home with you!”

“That’s cruel Baek! Chanyeol, where’s Jongin?! I have to meet him now”

“Jongin is already go home, Sehun”

-

Sehun goes to Jongin’s house as fast as he can after he bought a cake from the cake shop near the school and took a Jongin’s present at his house. Honestly, Sehun has already prepared the present from 2 weeks ago and already save it in his wardrobe.

When Sehun come near Jongin’s house, he saw a car, parked in front of Jongin’s house,

“Whose car is that”

Sehun keep walking until he arrived in front of Jongin’s gate. Sehun’s hand trembling until the cake on his hand is drop, His legs began weak, and His eyes full with tears when he saw Jongin, In front of the door, Kiss a petite boy, and Sehun knows exactly who is it....

-

A few Hours ago

Jongin back to his house alone, He’s still sulking because of Sehun. When he arrived in front of his house door, someone called him from behind,

“JONGIN!!”

“Kyungsoo Hyung?!?!?”

“Jongin I miss you!!!”

Kyungsoo hugged him tightly, but Jongin hesitate to reply the hug.

“Since when you came back from Japan, Hyung?

“Just now, and I came here immediately, to meet you because today is your birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM JONGIN~~~~”

“You still remember my birthday hyung? Haha, but thanks hyung~~”

“Of course I still remember it!! How come I’m not remembering My Boyfriend’s birthday??”

“Hyung........... we’re not together anymore..... you are the one who broke up with me..”

Jongin immediately realese the hug

“I’m sorry Jongin, I’m so sorry..... But... I was wrong.... I was wrong when I think I’ll forget you at Japan... because the truth is, not a single day I ‘m not thinking of you.... I missed you.... Every single day... Please Jongin..... Forgive me......”

“Why you ask me to forgive you? There’s nothing to be forgiven Hyung”

“Jongin... I mean..... I want you back...”

“What?! Hyung...... I.......... I’m sorry but I can’t....”

“Why Jongin?? You don’t love me anymore?? Are already forgot about our love??”

Jongin keep quite, and suddenly, Kyungsoo put Jongin’s hand on his waist firmly, and put his hand on Jongin’s neck then he kissed Jongin passionately.

-

Jongin was so surprised and he back to his sense after hear something drop and immediately broke the kiss. He turned to see Sehun running and crying from his house.

“SEHUN!!! SEHUN STOP PLEASE, I CAN EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU, IT’S NOT WHAT YOU SEE!!!”

But before Jongin can run after Sehun, he saw an-already-drop-cake in front of his gate and he saw that’s a birthday cake from Sehun.... to surprise him.. he found a letter under the cake and he opened it,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM JONGIN~~

I’m sooooo sorry that I forgot your birthday baby.... but I hope this cake will make you at least smile and forgive me.

Don’t worry, I have your birthday present after this cake~

And the last, Don’t you ever think that I don’t love you okay! Because I love you with all my heart~~

Your beloved Boyfriend

Oh Sehun 

He’s smile, but also felt guilt in the bottom of his heart. He knows if he can’t make Sehun believe that there’s nothing between him and Kyungsoo, Their beautiful relationship will crash to the ground..

“Jongin.... Is that Oh Sehun?”

“Yes.”

“Is he-“

“YES HYUNG HE IS MY BOYFRIEND THAT’S WHY WE CAN’T GO BACK TOGETHER BECAUSE I LOVE HIM”

“I..... I’m so sorry Jongin... I...... I don’t...... know”

“Forget it hyung! I don’t know if I’ll forgive you or not if he really broke up with me”

With that, Jongin leave Kyungsoo and go to Sehun’s house.

-

Sehun arrive at his house while crying

“Welcome home Se-“

Before Luhan –His brother- finish his ‘greeting’, Sehun already run toward his bedroom and slammed the door.

“What happen with him?? Why is he crying??”

“I don’t know either... I think I should talk to him”

Luhan goes to Sehun’s room but unfortunately the door is locked. So he knocked the door just to hear Sehun told him to go away while he is sniffling inside the bedroom. Suddenly the door bell rang and  Luhan told Minseok –His husband- to opened the door.

“Jongin?”

“Uh.... Minseok Hyung... Can I meet Sehun??”

“Uhm... I don’t know Jongin, Sehun is locked himself in his bedroom and crying.. Do you know why?”

“Uhm.... That.... That’s because a misunderstanding between me and him Hyung...”

“Oh?? Then you should talk to him. Come in”

“Thanks Hyung”

Minseok told Luhan to leave Sehun’s room door. After that, Jongin knocked Sehun’s door

“LUHAN HYUNG I TOLD YOU TO GO AWAY ALREADY. I’M OKAY HYUNG, I JUST WANT TIME FOR MYSELF. DON’T WORRY TOO MUCH, I’LL NOT DIE HERE”

“Sehun... It’s me.. Open up please.. Don’t be like this..”

“JONGIN!??! GO AWAY I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN. WE’RE END!”

“Se.... Sehun... Don’t be like this!!! You don’t know what happen Sehun”

“WHAT I DON’T KNOW KIM JONGIN!?!? IT’S OBVIOUS THAT YOU JUST PLAYED WITH ME!! I’M JUST...... I’M JUST YOUR ESCAPE! AND WHEN HE CAME BACK YOU’LL JUST LEAVE ME ALONE WITH ALL THE PAIN YOU LEFT!!”

“Sehun for godsake you’re not my escape!! I don’t love Kyungsoo Hyung anymore!! I love you Sehun, don’t be silly..”

“I KNOW I’M SILLY! I WAS SILLY BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT KIM JONGIN ALREADY MOVE ON FROM DO KYUNGSOO SUNBAE TO OH SEHUN!”

“Sehun stop it please... Open this door and I will explain every single thing baby..”

“DON’T BABY ME! WE’RE OVER JONGIN! JUST COMEBACK TO YOUR EX, I DON’T CARE ANYMORE.. I CAN’T BELIEVE I HAVE FALLEN THIS HARD FOR YOU WHEN ACTUALLY YOU NEVER FALLEN FOR ME..”

“SEHUN PLEASE DON’T SAY LIKE THAAAT!!! I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART THAT I SWEAR IF YOU LEAVE ME, I’LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE WITH ANYONE ELSE....”

“STOP YOUR LIE! DID YOU ALWAYS SAY LIKE THAT TO ALL YOU EX?! I BET YES.”

“I’m not lying.... Oh Sehun, I won’t leave your door until you open it and we talked about all this misunderstanding.”

Hours after that, Sehun still not open up his door. Minseok and Luhan saw Jongin still sit in front of Sehun’s door wear his despration face.

“I think it’s better if you talk to Jongin. He already sit there for.... hours... beside, Joonmyun called me a few minutes ago, he asking if Jongin is here, because Jongdae already nagging to him that he is worry about his ‘missing’ little brother.”

Minseok told Luhan, and Luhan nod in agreement.

“Jongin?”

“...”

“Jongin, it’s already late, your brother & brother-in-law already looking for you.. and, Jongin I don’t thing that Sehun will open up his door anytime soon. Because, you know... He is too stubborn.. I think it’s better if you come again tomorrow when he is already calm down.”

“Luhan hyung... can I... can I stay here for this night? Tomorrow is Saturday, no school. If you allowed me, I’ll tell Jongdae hyung so he won’t worry anymore.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, I want to be the first person who spoke to him when he open up his door, hyung..”

“Okay.. I’ll allowed you in two condition, first, you must eat dinner now, Minseokkie already served it for you, and second, you must sleep! I’m sure Jongdae will nagging-like-hell at me if you sick tomorrow.”

“Sure Hyung”

-

After eat, Jongin decided to call Joonmyun –His brother-in-law-.

“Joonmyun Hyung?”

“Jongin! Why you are not coming home tonight?!”

“Don’t worry hyung, I’ll stay at Sehun’s house tonight.”

“I asked you why Jongin?”

“Ehm... Have a problem here hyung..”

“JOONMYUN IS IT JONGIN WHO CALLED?! I WANT TO TALKED!!!!”

“Jongin, do you want to talk with your brother?”

“No hyung.. please no.. I don’t want hear his nagging now..”

“SORRY JONGDAE BABY, YOUR LITTLE BROTHER DON’T WANNA TALK TO YOU”

“YAAAH!!! WHY DID HE WANT TO TALK TO YOU, BUT NOT ME?! KIM JONGIN, I REMIND YOU THAT I’M YOUR BIOLOGICAL BROTHER!!”

“Joonmyun Hyung, just tell Jongdae hyung I’m okay, so don’t be worried. I’m not 5 years old anymore, I can take care of myself”

“Yes, yes I’ll tell him”

“Thanks hyung”

After that, took a glance at Sehun door, and then Jongin fall a sleep.

-

3 AM..

Sehun need to go to toilet, so he open his door and saw no one there.

“Of course he already go home Sehun.. what do you expect..”

After he finish his ‘bussiness’, he want to go back to his room, but he saw ‘something’ is moving on the couch..

“Is Minseok hyung fall a sleep on the couch again? But usually Luhan hyung will carry him to their room already..”

Sehun curiously approached the couch and surprised when he saw neither Luhan nor Minseok there, but there’s Jongin.... Sleeping soundly.... With his tired face, tears strained on his cheek, and puffy eyes (although not as bad as Sehun’s)

“What is he doing here? Why he’s not go back to his home already?”

But Suddenly, Jongin talk in his sleep and interupt Sehun’s thought

“Sehun.... Sehun please let me explain.... Don’t leave me.... I swear I love you Sehun... I swear to god...”

Sehun’s tears falling like rain when he hear Jongin’s-sleep-talking.

“I love you too Jongin...”

And without thinking, Sehun give a peck on his-not-so-ex-boyfriend and run back to his room, afraid that Jongin would get up while he is there.

-

That morning, Minseok is as always made the breakfast at the kitchen, when Luhan suddenly backhug him

“Morning Minseokkie~”

“Morning Lulu.. Your brother still locked his room?”

“Don’t know.. Why?”

“I Think this dumb misunderstanding must be clear anytime soon. Look, Sehun and Jongin both are ‘dying’. You should talk to Sehun, Lulu.. You are his brother..”

“Yeah I know baby~ beside, hey, you are Sehun’s brother too now”

“Yeah, Brother-in-law baby. You know him better”

“There’s no different about the real brother and brother in law, because your brother in law is a person who loved your brother and vice versa, so you should treat them same right?”

“Yeah yeaaahh, but still, You. Must. Talk. To. Sehun. Now. Lulu.”

“Okay princess okaaayyy”

“YAH! I’M NOT PRINCESS!”

-

Fortunate is on Luhan’s side because Sehun forgot to locked his door after the incident last night, so he easily came to his little brother’s room.

“OH SEHUN YOU WAKE UP NOW!”

“Hyuuunggggg”

“NO, DON’T HYUNG-HYUNG ME! I’LL NOT MELTED BY YOUR ACT! OH GOD SEHUN YOU’RE A MESS! LOOK AT YOUR FACE..”

“Who cares?”

“I CARE! BESIDE JONGIN IS OUTSIDE, SO YOU MUST CARED ABOUT YOUR APPEARANCE”

“For whaaat? He’s not my boyfriend or something anymore.. since I broke up yesterday..”

“Like hell you think he will let go off you that easy? Because of misundertanding? Hell no.”

“Huh, misunderstanding my . I saw the whole things yesterday hyung!”

“Do you hear his explanation? I guess you’re not!”

“For what? So he can lie to me?”

“He’s not lying Sehun, he already told me what happen. You must saw his expression when he told me yesterday. He is..... teribble.... 'dying'.... mess.......”

“Wow, he is nice actor right? What did he told you?”

“Asked him by yourself! I don’t have the right to told you about anything. I gave you 5 minutes to go to bathroom or I, Myself will seriously dragged you there and pouring waters on you mercilessly!”

-

Sehun forced to go to bathroom before Luhan really drag him there. He washed his face and look at his reflection on the mirror “Wow, I’m a mess..” then he remember about incident last night, when he kissed Jongin. After take a shower, Sehun drag himself to the dining room and saw Jongin already there, messy.

“Morning Hunnie”

“Morning Minseok-Hyung”

“Here your breakfast~”

“Thanks Hyung”

An uncomfortable Silent filled, until Luhan scream from his room

“Minseok-aaahhh!! Can you help me here?”

“Aish that Deer.. YES BABY, WAIT A MINUTE!!”

Minseok go to his room quickly, left Sehun and Jongin alone in dining room

“Why are you still here?”

“I told you I’m not going anywhere until you open the door and we talked about all this misunderstanding.”

Sehun scoffed, “You’re a mess”

“Same as you, baby”

“I’ve already told you Jongin, I’m not your baby anymore! We’re over..”

“Bull, this is all just misunderstanding Sehun! I know you still love me, just like I’m still in love with you, so you better listen to me now-“

“I’m not listening anything from you”

Sehun put down his spoon and stand up, ready to back to his room. Before he could close his room, Jongin enter and close the door behind him

“WHAT THE KIM JONGIN OUT OF MY ROOM NOW, YOU JERK!”

“Not until we settle this things.” Jongin lock the door behind him and put the key in his back pocket.

“JONGIN OPEN THE DAMN DOOR RIGHT NOW AND OUT!! I DON’T WANT TO SETTLE ANYTHING WITH YOU! WE..... WE OBVIOUSLY OVER AFTER YOU KISSED YOUR EX YESTERDAY”

Sehun can’t handle his tears anymore and let them fall in front of Jongin. He hang down his head and Jongin cupped his cheek then wipe his tears

“Ssshh, don’t cry baby. Yesterday, He...  He want me to back at him but-”

“So just back at him if you still love him Jongin! I know you and him are the most popular and adorable couple in the whole school back then, and when you and him broke up, many people dissapointed, and you also know when we finally dating, 5 months after he left, some people doesn’t like it, and said rude things to me, such as that I’m just your escape, and when he back, you’ll leave me and.... I can’t lie that I feel like that is all true Jongin....”

“Don’t Sehun! They are not true baby! I love you and you’re not an escape for me.. Yes he want me to back at him, but he doesn’t know that I have move on and I already have you”

“So what if you had me? I’m nothing compared to him! If... If you already moved on.. you.... you’re not going to kissed him yesterday....”

“No Sehun, You’re the best in your own way! I’m not comparing you and him or with everyone else, because everyone is different. Yes He kissed me, but I’m NOT kissing him, Sehun. He initiate it. That kiss is a sudden action from him, if I know he want to kiss me, I’ll not allow him of course. I belong to You, Sehun, Trust me..”

Jongin kiss Sehun passionately when Sehun’s cry already subside. At first Sehun do not reply it, but after a while he reply it. Jongin push Sehun to the bed and let them fall to the bed slowly without parting their lips. When finally they’re release their kiss, they smile, they knew their misunderstanding is already settle.

“I Love You Jongin, please don’t leave me..”

“I Love You too Sehun, with all my heart, and I’m not going to leave you nor letting you go”

Jongin join Sehun on the bed and hug him from behind, Silent for a while then Sehun turn around and hug Jongin back tightly

“Jongin?”

“Hm?”

“Happy Birthday baby. I’m sorry just because 3 test I forgot your birthday.. and sorry I’m a day late”

“Thank you baby, It’s okay, as long as you’ll be by my side and remember my next next and next birthday, Sehun.”

“I will Jongin, I will”

-

Meanwhile, in the other room......

“Luhan why are you screaming like that??”

“Uh? Noo, It’s just, we need to let Sehun and Jongin alone to settle their problem, beside I want to be alone with you too Minseokkie~”

Luhan pulled Minseok and Minseok fall to Luhan’s lap on the bed. Luhan then kissed Minseok’s nape.

“Luluuu, it tickles”

“Hmm??”

“Yaah!! It’s still morning ugghhh...”

“I don’t care baby, I want you~”

“Luhan what if your brother and Jongin hear us??”

“Don’t care too. If you don’t want them to hear us then you just have to keep quite baby~”

And they continue doing their ‘funny bussiness’ with Minseok trying so hard to keep quite.

-

END